Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
Deck 2 ??
    Steph
    Wiper

Deck 2 ??

by Steph » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm just wondering what is wrong with deck 2? Why is it considerably cheaper than even deck 3 for example? Just wondering :D
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Deck 2 ??

by metalmaciejmetal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Because you'll be housed in the brig. Its actually pretty decent. You get a window which shouldn't be underestimated. How much cheaper is it than the next floor up?
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:28 pm

I was in an ocean view room on deck 2 in 2015. It was fine. I don't recall any reason for it being cheaper. I may be wrong, but I thought deck 2 & 3 ocean view were the same price that year. It was also great for disembarking the boat that cruise, as we exited on deck 1 that year.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Ocean view "I" are strictly doubles while the H are "Cabin has third and fourth Pullman beds available."It problably has to do with selling out certain cabins first so they can sell triples and quads .Not a lot of difference in the category type ,so in the balconies you pay an extra $100 foot the same room on the "bump/hump" which gives you an expanded view of water.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Steph wrote:I'm just wondering what is wrong with deck 2? Why is it considerably cheaper than even deck 3 for example? Just wondering :D

Have you seen the movie "Titanic"?
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 pm

I'd go with The Poseidon Adventure instead: Deck 2 would be closer to the escape-route through the bottom of the hull! :D

All kidding aside, cruise lines always price their Deck 2 cabins lower, whether in-category or in different categories, and UMC's pricing reflects Royal's normal pricing here. This is despite the fact that, for anyone who's prone to motion sickness, the lower decks are much better since there is less motion involved if the seas get rough.
    The low pricing really works out great for some of us, since (arguably) the best stage on the boat -- the Studio B ice-rink stage -- is within an easy walk and a short stairway climb.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:10 pm

I could be completely wrong as I was never in a cabin on deck 2, but I thought I recalled someone saying that later in the cruise the lower decks start to have a bit of a funky smell to them, due to being closer to the sewage?

That could be reasoning for lower price perhaps?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I could be completely wrong as I was never in a cabin on deck 2, but I thought I recalled someone saying that later in the cruise the lower decks start to have a bit of a funky smell to them, due to being closer to the sewage?

I've stayed on deck 2 a few times and that was never an issue.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    tritonx
    Oiler

by tritonx » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Was on deck 2 last year, you have to learn that you can't walk on the 2nd deck all the way. It's blocked in the middle because of the stages. More elevator but it's not that bad once you figure out the best route to your room. What I find more important is proximity to the elevator. Those long walk to the far side of the boat when you have to go to your room are the worst, but we are still very much spoiled when compared to other festivals. Wherever your room is... it 1st world problems.
    2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
    2018:9513
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:59 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I could be completely wrong as I was never in a cabin on deck 2, but I thought I recalled someone saying that later in the cruise the lower decks start to have a bit of a funky smell to them, due to being closer to the sewage?

I've stayed on deck 2 a few times and that was never an issue.

Actually thinking back the year I went solo I stayed with mates on deck 2 on the Majesty and it was okay.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:01 am

I was on deck 2 last cruise and requested (and was given) the same room for next year. Bad smell? Certainly not near my cabin. We were like 10 meters away from the theater stage, which was extremely convenient, and also really close to the elevator. I wouldn't change my room for another one (in a value-for-your-money reasoning).
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 am

I was in an interior on deck 2 in 2015 and it was fine. I was actually fighting of a flu and spent a lot of time sleeping. But who cares about where it is because it is just for sleeping isn't it?
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:09 pm

I stayed on deck 2 this year right next to the Alhambra theatre. It was fine, close to 2 of the stages, and we only got a little of the bass from the stage in our room but it wasn't bad, especially if you watch the sets on your tv.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    Steph
    Wiper

by Steph » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:44 am

Thanks for all the responses. Looking to cut a little off our costs this year and maybe this will be one way we can do it :heavydrink:
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:05 pm

crazemidgt wrote:
    Steph wrote:I'm just wondering what is wrong with deck 2? Why is it considerably cheaper than even deck 3 for example? Just wondering :D

Have you seen the movie "Titanic"?

:death:
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    ewest305
    Oiler

by ewest305 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:08 pm

When we went to Costa Maya we ran into a storm and the whole damn night, the banging was intense! The water smacking the side of the ship. Even with earplugs it was difficult to fall asleep. Hopefully we won't run into rough seas during the night this time around. :beerbang:
    2017: Cabin #8660
    2015: Cabin #6314
    2014: Cabin #2534
Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1