Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Pre-book drink packages & shore excursions?
    Arcane Teresa
    Wiper

Pre-book drink packages & shore excursions?

by Arcane Teresa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:22 pm

First timer here! Wondering if any of you get the drink packages? Apparently only water, lemonade and ice tea are included with our the cruise. If I wanted to get an OJ and coffee every morning wondering if it would be worth it?

Also, really want do the zip line shore excursion but not sure if I should pre-book it. Is there any advantage?

I feel like the Royal Carribean website isn't very clear what things will cost once we get on the boat and what advantage there is to pre-book anything.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Pre-book drink packages & shore excursions?

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:53 pm

The drink package which includes soft drinks and non-alcoholic cocktails and juices is totally worth it
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Arcane Teresa wrote:First timer here! Wondering if any of you get the drink packages? Apparently only water, lemonade and ice tea are included with our the cruise. If I wanted to get an OJ and coffee every morning wondering if it would be worth it?

Also, really want do the zip line shore excursion but not sure if I should pre-book it. Is there any advantage?

I feel like the Royal Carribean website isn't very clear what things will cost once we get on the boat and what advantage there is to pre-book anything.

Coffee is free 24/7, just not the specialty coffees.
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:49 am

meshuggah wrote:
    Arcane Teresa wrote:First timer here! Wondering if any of you get the drink packages? Apparently only water, lemonade and ice tea are included with our the cruise. If I wanted to get an OJ and coffee every morning wondering if it would be worth it?

Coffee is free 24/7, just not the specialty coffees.

Really glad you pointed this out. My fiancee was about to blow her top at the assumption that no coffee at all was included.
    Crisis averted. Go back to your homes.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:40 am

So about the drink packages, first timer here asking. The RC website says: "Wake up with the aroma of your favorite freshly brewed premium coffee or tea and enjoy breakfast with fresh-squeezed juices. Keep hydrated all day long with unlimited fountain soda refills in your Coca-Cola souvenir cup or a refreshing bottle of still or sparkling water. At night, pull up a seat at the bar and order your choice of non-alcoholic cocktails."

I've understood that the soda cup has some sort of chip in the bottom that unlocks the soda machines and gives you the drink, right? But how about the other stuff in the refreshment package? Because my cabin mate said some of her friends had previously shared a package and I was wondering how it would work out. Like how much they will frown if you try to order two coffees at once or if you get two water bottles at once? If coffee in general is free 24/7 and the drink package excludes Starbucks, is the "freshly brewed premium coffee" worth paying for? Because I hate bad coffee, but I need my caffeine, especially if and when sleeping will be limited during the cruise. :D
    And will there be a sticker or so on my card to show that I have bought the package or what?

I was also thinking of maybe just the soda package or getting the refreshment package myself. I just wanted to ask since my cabin mate asked me about the sharing.
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:18 am

taraimaro wrote:I've understood that the soda cup has some sort of chip in the bottom that unlocks the soda machines and gives you the drink, right?

That's how it works on most ships, however there are no sode machines onboard Independence, so the cup is mostly just a sovenir.

taraimaro wrote:And will there be a sticker or so on my card to show that I have bought the package or what?

Yes, you'll have a stamp/sticker on your card and that's how the bartenders know that you've bought the package.

As to wheter they will sell you more than one drink at a time, that I don't know. But you can always go and order drinks from multiple bartenders, who don't know that you just got one from another one a couple of minutes ago. This is how we did it last year (wife had a package, me and my friend mostly focused on alcoholic beverages).

Also, the basic coffee was ok at least for me, but I was drunk pretty much from start to finish, so my taste buds were'nt exactly hyper sensitive at the time... The only thing that I would nag about, was that it was freaking hot, and you had to go all the way to the promenade to get it.
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1