Post Reply 48 posts
70,000 Tons Merchandise
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 70,000 Tons Merchandise

by Pellaz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Kiwichick wrote:Newbie question here...
    So do I have to stand in line to get a number to get merch?

Maybe. There is probably an initial "rush" to get low numbers, mostly by people who want to get specific merch (like any one-time event shirts that bands might do), but that line should move quickly. After a while there would be no wait.

Then once my number is called I go to merch booth and buy merch, assuming i dont miss my number call.

The numbered ticket is for the "main" merch area, top level of the ship's 3-story dining room. It has 70K festival merch and all the bands' merch. 70K festival merch is also available at other locations on the ship, for which no numbered ticket is needed...although there is usually a line.
    What happens if I miss my number?

This is a really good question. I'm hoping that in 2018, if you miss your number they'll "work you in" when you get to the entrance, but I'm not sure anything's been decided. Last February I think if you missed it, you had to wait. I got lucky and happened to notice the "counter" had gotten very close to my number (663). By that point, there were more people NOT showing up on time than were showing up on time and the counter was climbing very fast.
    Online pre orders would be way easier.

I'd like to see this done for festival merch. There are several reasons why it couldn't ever work for band merch.

To keep informed about the merch system, search for the "70,000 Tons of Merch Complaints" Facebook group. Despite the onerous name, it's been a good place for ideas to be shared, and 70K's "mistress of merch," Robin, is an active poster. She will also update us there on which bands will and won't be bringing merch, and which bands will be offering 70K-specific shirts.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Pellaz wrote:She will also update us there on which bands will and won't be bringing merch, and which bands will be offering 70K-specific shirts.

This info is also posted outside of the merch room as soon as they know the answer to it. I walked past to take a look on day 1 this year and lo and behold, the board told me that none of the bands I cared about brought merch. Saved me a lot of time so I could just go and snag the last two ladies tanks from the promenade merch booth.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:01 pm

It will be my first time but beside t shirt do they sell hoodies of 70.000 tons?? Just like Wacken :beerhorns:
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 am

yes, they have hoodies. :beerwink:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • CzP41004
    Wiper

by CzP41004 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:33 am

Of course they'll have; what would be a metal festival without hoodies? It's like beards and beer.
  • Spooty67
    Wiper

by Spooty67 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:57 am

What abour having like a "pop up store" at arrival or at Grand Turk, to help serving everyone ?
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:08 am

Spooty67 wrote:What abour having like a "pop up store" at arrival or at Grand Turk, to help serving everyone ?

The way merch is currently done, that's not feasible. Everything merch is sold and tracked through the RC system, on your SeaPass. Taking numbers of cards in Grand Turk is a good way to lose track of merch sales, especially since merch is such a hot button topic.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:44 am

I don't know how I managed to get my 70k T-shirt this year, I guess I was lucky whenever I walked across the promenade and the line was tolerable
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard