User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

2018 Port - Grand Turk

by Downvod » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:08 pm

I don't even see the Grand Turk/Cockburn Town port listed on Royal Caribbean's website. From looking at the port schedule, it is mostly Carnival ships going there. 70K can just pick a port that RC doesn't usually travel to?
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

Re: 2018 Port - Grand Turk

by deathmetalpat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Downvod wrote:I don't even see the Grand Turk/Cockburn Town port listed on Royal Caribbean's website. From looking at the port schedule, it is mostly Carnival ships going there. 70K can just pick a port that RC doesn't usually travel to?
Carnival developed the cruise port for it's ships but anything can be negotiated if the price is right.2 ships can use it at the same time but last time we had it to ourselves.Best place of the 4 I have been to.They have a beach club right up the road with a good deal for the day.Super clear water also.
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:24 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
Downvod wrote:I don't even see the Grand Turk/Cockburn Town port listed on Royal Caribbean's website. From looking at the port schedule, it is mostly Carnival ships going there. 70K can just pick a port that RC doesn't usually travel to?
Carnival developed the cruise port for it's ships but anything can be negotiated if the price is right.2 ships can use it at the same time but last time we had it to ourselves.Best place of the 4 I have been to.They have a beach club right up the road with a good deal for the day.Super clear water also.

We went on the island tour (with Andrea of Lacuna Coil) last time, which was amazing. Don't remember a beach club, which I don't see on their webside. Do you have a link? Would be totally down for that.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:52 pm

meshuggah wrote:
deathmetalpat wrote:

We went on the island tour (with Andrea of Lacuna Coil) last time, which was amazing. Don't remember a beach club, which I don't see on their webside. Do you have a link? Would be totally down for that.
Wintersun Beach ! No http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/gtex34.html Bajari Beach.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:03 pm

We went on the island tour (with Andrea of Lacuna Coil) last time, which was amazing. Don't remember a beach club, which I don't see on their webside. Do you have a link? Would be totally down for that.[/quote] Wintersun Beach ! No http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/gtex34.html Bajari Beach.[/quote]

User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Grand Turk is my favorite cruise port; I've been there five times. And yeah, it's a Carnival-developed port, so an RC ship making port there is unusual. (It's also a tricky port to negotiate, especially when it's windy.)

The Margaritaville there is the biggest in the world and makes the ones at Falmouth and Ocho Rios pale in comparison. For a more homey vibe, I suggest Jack's Shack, a great bar and restaurant a short walk to the left along the beach and home of Topher, the most famous dog in the Caribbean. :lol:

Best thing about the island? The vendors and crafters at the port aren't overly aggressive. I really hated that shit at Labadee.
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:27 am

Pellaz wrote:
Best thing about the island? The vendors and crafters at the port aren't overly aggressive. I really hated that shit at Labadee.

What the a gauntlet that was in order to get to the beach with the shade trees.I walked the other way back to the boat by the water slide to avoid it.I might have actually bought something if everyone hadn't been so pushy,plus people yell at me from 100s of feet away ,that gets on my nerves.Totally Royal Caribbean's failure because they have control over the place ( to some degree I imagine the locals get pissy if they don't get their way).Coco cay has the same type of market but way more relaxed.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

by Yippee38 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:55 am

Turks and Caicos (sp?) is supposed to have some of the best scuba in the world. We're considerin not drinking the day before so we can scuba while there.
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:47 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
Pellaz wrote:

What the a gauntlet that was in order to get to the beach with the shade trees.I walked the other way back to the boat by the water slide to avoid it.I might have actually bought something if everyone hadn't been so pushy,plus people yell at me from 100s of feet away ,that gets on my nerves.Totally Royal Caribbean's failure because they have control over the place ( to some degree I imagine the locals get pissy if they don't get their way).Coco cay has the same type of market but way more relaxed.

We accidentally made a wrong turn and ended up close to the market. Instantly a bunch of the vendors started yelling to us to come see what they have. Immediately turned around and took the long way back. I fucking hate pushy salesmen. Nassau was still the worst offender though.
I should get around to updating my signature
no avatar
User

Thrashmania

Rank

Crewman

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 am

by Thrashmania » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:34 pm

I was legitimately trying to browse with intent to purchase something--then the merchants wouldn't shut the hell up and actually let me browse. So they didn't get any thing from me.
70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:42 am

Yippee38 wrote:Turks and Caicos (sp?) is supposed to have some of the best scuba in the world. We're considerin not drinking the day before so we can scuba while there.

Yep, it's the home of "The Wall." Bottom goes from 30-40 ft. to a mile deep. Do not drop your camera; you WILL NOT get it back. :lol:

I'll probably do the snuba excursion there if it's offered for our sailing. I've done it twice before (and also had it cancelled once due to high waves) and really liked it, and the people doing it.

mooyagi wrote:We accidentally made a wrong turn and ended up close to the market. Instantly a bunch of the vendors started yelling to us to come see what they have. Immediately turned around and took the long way back. I fucking hate pushy salesmen. Nassau was still the worst offender though.

Nassau is probably the worst cruise-port in the Western Hemisphere for pushy, over-aggressive "salespersons." I won't even leave the ship there now unless I have an excursion to go to...and the last three times I've actually been there, I avoided that crap and just flew in to Atlantis instead.
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)