Post Reply 54 posts
What About a Nasty Savage Reunion???
    Two Shot Tawd
    Crewman

Re: What About a Nasty Savage Reunion???

by Two Shot Tawd » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Whatever you guys ! I have some juiced up metal head telling me to ... " Shut my mouth ." So , I've decided to launch this guy's arch enemies into the fray .... Mr. Subject and Mrs. Predicit . 'Not my fault some folks have " dangl'n participles" to deal with . Uh oh . I'm on a vanacular high . So ,R8R55 , 'You ready yet ? I bet you might come out with a simple home town VERB, ( means action word), and then follow with a strong noun.(person ,place or thing ) . :death: I'm ready for the event to happen . Oh. btw ,R8R55....Mississippi , Mississippi , Mississippi, Mississippi , Mississippi, Mississippi , Mississippi , Mississippi , MISSISSIPPI !!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this PBR I'm drinking right now . Top it fella . 'Didn't think so . :shred:
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:36 pm

Just a FYI for everybody out there. Nasty Savage is having a reunion show this Friday (02-11) at the Crowbar club in Ybor City (Tampa). The show is being promoted as "Kill the Cancer" as it is a benefit for Nasty Savage's original drummer Curtis B. He contracted brain cancer this past year and almost died. The guys have reunited for a benefit to help him on his medical bills. Six other local bands are playing. Six Feet Under was also going to play, but Chris Barnes later backed out which caused two members of that band to quit Six Feet Under. Anyway, Obituary quickly jumped in and volunteered to play. The wrestler Chris Jericho (Fozzy) is going to perform with Nasty Savage on a couple of tracks. Chris has always been a huge Savage fan!!!!! A bunch of bands have donated items to be auctioned/raffle for Curtis. It should be a history night for one of the most underappreciated bands in metal history. I am so pumped!!!!!!!!!! :death: :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:24 am

FLORIDABOYS wrote:Just a FYI for everybody out there. Nasty Savage is having a reunion show this Friday (02-11) at the Crowbar club in Ybor City (Tampa). The show is being promoted as "Kill the Cancer" as it is a benefit for Nasty Savage's original drummer Curtis B. He contracted brain cancer this past year and almost died. The guys have reunited for a benefit to help him on his medical bills. Six other local bands are playing. Six Feet Under was also going to play, but Chris Barnes later backed out which caused two members of that band to quit Six Feet Under. Anyway, Obituary quickly jumped in and volunteered to play. The wrestler Chris Jericho (Fozzy) is going to perform with Nasty Savage on a couple of tracks. Chris has always been a huge Savage fan!!!!! A bunch of bands have donated items to be auctioned/raffle for Curtis. It should be a history night for one of the most underappreciated bands in metal history. I am so pumped!!!!!!!!!! :death: :death:

wow that sounds great! I wish i would be there for this! SOME ONE RECORD THIS PLEASE!
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 am

I will always remember seeing Nasty Savage at the *gasp... dare I speak it's name* ill fated Sun N' Steel Festival over in Tampa several years back. I remember him busting a TV on himself over and over again. Our friend got a piece of the TV signed after the show. Had authentic band member blood on it.

Never seen a show quite like that one... never seen anyone utilize a TV like that in any setting either.
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Just as a FYI for everybody. The Nasty Savage benefit show was great on Friday night. In addition to the local bands that played. DEICIDE made a suprise showing!!!! They played a set that included a couple of new songs!!!!!!!! The guys from Obituary played also. The Tardy boys were still talking about the fun they had on the cruise. NASTY SAVAGE was great, especially seeing Nasty Ronnie getting all bloody breaking the tv over his head. :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:22 pm

I talked to Trevor/Obi at the Atheist show last night and how SFU pulled out last minute so they filled in. Sounds like it worked out well as I think SFU are a pathetic joke to begin with. Barnes is a douche and can't sing/grunt anyways. Terry quit SFU along with someone else as they are all sick of Barnes' nonsense (I have to take my girlfriend to Miami or some other reason I heard). :mrgreen:

Wish it wasn't on a work night for me :cry:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:10 am

KevinP wrote:I talked to Trevor/Obi at the Atheist show last night and how SFU pulled out last minute so they filled in. Sounds like it worked out well as I think SFU are a pathetic joke to begin with. Barnes is a douche and can't sing/grunt anyways. Terry quit SFU along with someone else as they are all sick of Barnes' nonsense (I have to take my girlfriend to Miami or some other reason I heard). :mrgreen:

Wish it wasn't on a work night for me :cry:

Would have been to ask since he was on the boat I didnt know he was in Obituary.
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:53 pm

It is all true about Chris Barnes from Six Feet Under. He is a real piece of shit. He bailed out of the "CHARITY" event for a friend (Curtis of Nasty Savage) because he is a loser!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to Obituary and Deicide for jumping in on a moments notice. They are 10 times better anyway. GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!! :death:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:03 pm

FLORIDABOYS wrote:It is all true about Chris Barnes from Six Feet Under. He is a real piece of shit. He bailed out of the "CHARITY" event for a friend (Curtis of Nasty Savage) because he is a loser!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to Obituary and Deicide for jumping in on a moments notice. They are 10 times better anyway. GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!! :death:

thats fucked up.......hmpf.....Karma
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    leprechaun 13
    Wiper

by leprechaun 13 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Indeed. The lad decided he was to good to be there. Me seems to think he might have me gold too . So .....

" Six feet under he could be,
    for tangling with the likes of me.
    He didn't try to help his brother,
    so I'll drink his pints & %@#* his mother ! "
  • Rum Runner
    Petty Officer

by Rum Runner » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is so frickin' funny that you quoted that movie and use it as your avatar! That is Floridaboys' favorite horror movie character!
    "And the ship sails on / Back to the north / Through the fog and ice / And the albatross follows on" -- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  • MichaelAngelo
    Oiler

by MichaelAngelo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:12 am

Even in the underground storm sewer system all creatures know that SFU are total shit.
    Agnete M. Kirkevaag rules all - THE greatest thing since sliced Pizza !!!!!

Accept this as fact or get a Nunchuck to your head
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 am

Chris Barnes is a piece of shit....just in case I had not been clear earlier

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:22 am

well you guys are bashing him while i had way other experiences with him...

in holland he was nice out going and way nicer with the fans then other 'more true kvlter' bands zoals corpse or deicide...

biggest example:

in rotterdam we got baroeg this is for 25 years THE place for metal tours in the western part of holland.

Six feet under preformed there 3 or 4 times. All those times the band just hung out before and after the show talked to fans took foto''s and al that kind of stuff the bands dit on broad.

deicide came 2 times to baroeg. One time the singer wasnt even there because he had 'travel issues' (the next night in belgium he was there) so the band had to find a replacement. They found the drummer of a dutch band who wanted to sing and the concert was just all around awesome. After the show the guys came out just super nice dudes and all around shenennigans.

Second time the singer was there. did the show told the band that wanted to hang out again that he didn''t want to and ordered (yeah ordered) the tour manager to get the lads in the bus and off to the hotel. Just plain rude to people shoving trough fans who wanted an autograph or something... reallly put me off...

but awh well.. we prolly see to many shows here anyway so a couple of bad ones are not really an issue.