Discuss anything related to 70000TONS OF METAL

Which band should win the 2017 CRIPPER AWARD?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 pm

CRYPTEX
1%
DALRIADA
34%
STRIKER
9%
TOTAL DEATH
22%
TOUCH THE SUN
1%
WITCHTRAP
33%
TRAUMA
No votes

Total votes : 302
User

Britta

Rank

Oiler

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:52 am

Hannover

Cripper Award 2017 Official Thread

by Britta » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:36 am

Ahoi Sailors!

It is great to see that 2017th Cripper Award contenders are already so eagerly discussed! I am starting this new thread here for a better overview and also to kickstart the official poll that is about to be launched.

If I followed all the postings correctly, these are the confirmed nominees so far:

CRYPTEX
DALRIADA
STRIKER
TOTAL DEATH
TOUCH THE SUN
WITCHTRAP

also mentioned by sailors, but discussed as being too popular (like Avatarium as an all-star-band):

ALLEGAEON
GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS
MISERY LOVES CO
ORDEN OGAN

Is that correct?

Cheers to all of you from rainy Hannover! Looking forward to the voting :3drunks:
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Cripper Award 2017 Official Thread

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 am

I agree with all that :mrgreen:
The infamous LOLLIPOP

70K 2011, 70K 2012, BTH 2012, 70K 2013, 70K 2014, 70K 2015, 70K 2016, 70K 2017
I may have an addiction

Much want:
Aeternam-/-Alkaloid-/-Arkaik-/-Be'Lakor-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-First.Fragment-/-Hypocrisy-/-Inferi-/-Persefone-/-Persuader-/-Vale.Of.Pnath

Also want:
Andy.James-/-Amiensus-/-Anubis.Gate-/-Arcturus-/-Barren.Earth-/-Caligula's.Horse-/-Chthonic-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Ex.Deo-/-Firesoul-/-Ghost.Brigade-/-Gorod-/-Haken-/-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Mourning-/-In.Vain-/-Krampus-/-Lost.Society-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Marty.Friedman-/-Meadows.End-/-Mistur-/-October.Tide-/-Rodrigo.y.Gabriela-/-Russkaja-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Stormlord-/-Suidakra-/-Teramaze-/-Toxik-/-Virvum-/-Vuur-/-Wilderun-/-Witherfall-/-Whispered-/-Wolfchant-/-Wolfheart-/-Wyrd-/-Xanthochroid

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Coroner-/-Cripper-/-Dragonforce-/-Firewind-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Kampfar-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Sodom

Reunions:
Dismember-/-Forbidden-/-Kiuas-/-myGRAIN-/-Nevermore

www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:07 am

This would basically mean considering candidates the six bands that UMC considered candidates. This option makes sense to me.
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
no avatar
User

fasteddy

Rank

Wiper

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 am

by fasteddy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:46 am

Striker ... So good
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks Britta! That all sounds good to me :)
Upcoming Gigs:
Feb 70K Mar Arch-Enemy-/-Amon Amarth-/-Sabaton-/-
I'm back in 2018
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Evertale-/-Fogalord-/-Gotthard-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Rhapsody-Reunion-/-Running-Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Razor Ramon

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:01 pm

Cool, DALRIADA it is.
70000 Tons 2018 ROOM 8355
Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Borknagar-/-Liv-Kristine-/-October-Tide-/-Within-Temptation-/-In-Mourning-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Bloodbath-/-Paradise-Lost-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole-/-Wolfheart-/-Virgin-Black-/-Antimatter-/-Nightwish-/-Arkan--/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Tristania-/-Autumnal-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/--/-Thurisaz-/-Swallow-The-Sun-/-Benighted-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Beseech-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Naglfar-/--Ulver-/-Ahab-/-To-Cast-A-Shadow-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Bilocate-/-Evocation-/-Wine-From-Tears-/-Hanging-Garden-/-In-Vain-/-In-Slumber-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Feridea-/-Ne-Obliviscaris-/-Green-Carnation-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Coldworld-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Silent-Stream-Of-Godless-Elegy-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-Centinex-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Arcturus-/-Darkwell-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress
My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Looks like it'll be Dalriada for me
I should get around to updating my signature
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Another vote for Dalriada. To be fair, I missed Cryptex and Striker, but saw the others.
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Definitely Dalriada for me, then
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Goatwhore-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Witchery-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-OctoberTide-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-TheAbsence-Desultory-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-InExtremo-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Meshuggah-Gyze-Benediction-BeyondCreation-Voivod

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Looks like I'm voting for Striker then!

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 BOOKED!!

Want:
NeO-Chthonic-Heidevolk-Sabaton--Powerwolf-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 am

I couldn't care less for which of those bands won the award, but I do think Trauma should be in there among the contenders.
Wishlist:
SABATON / ARKONA / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
User

Britta

Rank

Oiler

Hannover

by Britta » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:08 am

The candidates should be agreed upon by tomorrow, since the poll will be launched.
So "If any of you has reasons why these bands should not be nominees, speak now or forever hold your peace" :D
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:17 am

It's a shame I can't vote for Ghost Ship Octavius, but oh well. It'll be Dalriada for me, I'd feel wrong voting for the Alberta boys since I don't really like them.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:41 am

DALRIADA!The Wall of Death late night was awesome and not knowing their music very much they were excellent.That is the basis of a Cripper band,a live show not the catalog you discover then see live.Avatarium should win some new award,most enthusiasm from a doom band ever,best show of whole cruise in Ice Rink but I was a fan for many years.
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Vancouver, British Columbia

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:27 pm

Trauma aren't really up and coming. Cliff Burton used to be in that band.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

70K 2011, 70K 2012, BTH 2012, 70K 2013, 70K 2014, 70K 2015, 70K 2016, 70K 2017
I may have an addiction

Much want:
Aeternam-/-Alkaloid-/-Arkaik-/-Be'Lakor-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-First.Fragment-/-Hypocrisy-/-Inferi-/-Persefone-/-Persuader-/-Vale.Of.Pnath

Also want:
Andy.James-/-Amiensus-/-Anubis.Gate-/-Arcturus-/-Barren.Earth-/-Caligula's.Horse-/-Chthonic-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Ex.Deo-/-Firesoul-/-Ghost.Brigade-/-Gorod-/-Haken-/-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Mourning-/-In.Vain-/-Krampus-/-Lost.Society-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Marty.Friedman-/-Meadows.End-/-Mistur-/-October.Tide-/-Rodrigo.y.Gabriela-/-Russkaja-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Stormlord-/-Suidakra-/-Teramaze-/-Toxik-/-Virvum-/-Vuur-/-Wilderun-/-Witherfall-/-Whispered-/-Wolfchant-/-Wolfheart-/-Wyrd-/-Xanthochroid

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Coroner-/-Cripper-/-Dragonforce-/-Firewind-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Kampfar-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Sodom

Reunions:
Dismember-/-Forbidden-/-Kiuas-/-myGRAIN-/-Nevermore

www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:41 pm

I gather that Saltatio Mortis is also too well-known to be considered?
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Stained Class wrote:Trauma aren't really up and coming. Cliff Burton used to be in that band.

But Striker is? Or our past winners Nightmare, Cripper..? In any case, if we're using last.fm stats for determining the contenders, Trauma should definitely be one.
Wishlist:
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:25 am

Age of the band shouldn't be an issue indeed. Trauma have been around for many many years, but who knew them? I bet less than 5% of the cruisers knew who these guys were before they got announced...

I'm not saying I have an interest in them nor that I would vote them (I think they're terrible), but adding them would make perfect sense to me.
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:11 am

Exactly. I have no desire to vote for them, but leaving them out due to them having had a well-known member in the past would make the contender selection arbitrary. Trauma has under 600 listeners on last.fm, which makes them the third smallest band onbroad this year.
Wishlist:
no avatar
User

Thrashmania

Rank

Crewman

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 am

by Thrashmania » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:47 am

Witchtrap. Hands down.
70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
User

Britta

Rank

Oiler

Hannover

by Britta » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:19 am

Hi folks!

I have now added an official poll in this thread, so let's try to get some more people to vote... Spread the news!!

End time will be: Thursday, March 2 2016 - 12:30pm PST / 3:30 pm EST / 9:30pm CET

Prost :bangers:
no avatar
User

guilsonramirez

Rank

Wiper

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:30 am

by guilsonramirez » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Striker!
no avatar
User

juliamolina

Rank

Wiper

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 pm

by juliamolina » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:43 pm

TOTAL DEATH!!!!! for the Cripper!
no avatar
User

Mr. HCI

Rank

Crewman

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Arvada, Colorado, 'Murrica

by Mr. HCI » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:46 pm

My vote is for WITCHTRAP! Those guy absolutely nailed it. :shred:
no avatar
User

Dcote

Rank

Wiper

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:01 pm

by Dcote » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 pm

My vote is for witchtrap, killer sound and show
no avatar
User

Monoazul

Rank

Wiper

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:55 pm

by Monoazul » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:57 pm

:death:
Total death!!!!!
no avatar
User

LordThrust

Rank

Wiper

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:52 pm

by LordThrust » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Witchtrap.
User

ExtraneouS

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Halifax, NS, Canada

by ExtraneouS » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Oh hey look, an influx of people with little to posts, voting for bands that no one mentioned enjoying before the voting started. Gee, I wonder if bands are telling people to vote for them. Again. :bitch:

Is there any way we can prevent this? Ban people with minimal posts from voting? Disqualify bands that advertise the vote?
Wishlist
Aeternam-/-Æther-Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Ancient-Rites-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-At-The-Gates-/-Avantasia-/-Babymetal-/-Battle-Beast-/-Battlecross-/-Be'lakor-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Brocas-Helm-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Cannibal-Corpse-/-Carach-Angren-/-Children-of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum-/-Evocation-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galaktikon-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-Hammerfall-/-Heathen-/-Hoth-/-Insomnium-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lagerstein-/-Nanowar-of-Steel-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Nightwish-/-Pathfinder-/-Powerwolf-/-Primal-Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Richard-Cheese-/-Sabaton-/-Seven-Kingdoms-/-Skalmold-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-The-Dread-Crew-of-Oddwood-/-Triosphere-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Tyr-/-Unleash-the-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart
70k2015 Survivor - 2328
70k2016 Survivor - 7511
70k2017 Survivor - 6523
no avatar
User

klons

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Squamish, BC

by klons » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Queue the army of voters that have absolutely nothing to do with the boat :lol:
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
no avatar
User

klons

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Squamish, BC

by klons » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:26 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Is there any way we can prevent this? Ban people with minimal posts from voting? Disqualify bands that advertise the vote?

Have UMC send out another code/poll like they did with the ASJ a couple years ago. Or for future years, add it on to the survey.

Simple fix, solves this issue of randoms inflating votes just because bands are asking for them again... :bitch:
User

tritonx

Rank

Oiler

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:43 pm

by tritonx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:37 pm

I saw Touch the Sun during the Superb Owl. Poor guys, the rink was empty.

They have my pity vote.
2015:8393 2016:2614 2017:8459
2018:9513
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:11 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Oh hey look, an influx of people with little to posts, voting for bands that no one mentioned enjoying before the voting started. Gee, I wonder if bands are telling people to vote for them. Again. :bitch:

Is there any way we can prevent this? Ban people with minimal posts from voting? Disqualify bands that advertise the vote?

Exactly what happened - Witchtrap posted on their Facebook page AND the 70k facebook group.

I'm really not a fan of that.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

The Bus From Speed

Rank

Oiler

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Calgary, Canadialand

by The Bus From Speed » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:19 pm

A vote for Striker is a vote for Canada!
2016 @ 3312
2017 @ 8667
2018 @ ????
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:07 pm

And now come the voters never on the ship or saw any bands :evil:
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
no avatar
User

diego2288

Rank

Wiper

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:31 pm

by diego2288 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:03 pm

TOTAL DEAHT :wank:
no avatar
User

Ara

Rank

Wiper

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:53 pm

by Ara » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Total :death:
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Trump claims that Witchtrap is being voted for by all illegals.
no avatar
User

strange

Rank

Oiler

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Australia

by strange » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:11 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Oh hey look, an influx of people with little to posts, voting for bands that no one mentioned enjoying before the voting started. Gee, I wonder if bands are telling people to vote for them. Again. :bitch:

I often lurk on here, and have been on six cruises. I hardly ever comment, but always log in to vote for the Cripper award for cruises I've been on. So having a minimal post count to qualify for voting would probably mean I couldn't vote. It would also mean people who only went on the most recent cruise and decided to join the forum afterwards wouldn't be able to vote.
Definitely agree that something needs to be done about bands begging for votes, though. That doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of the award.
A.K.A: Mrs. Statsman
no avatar
User

klons

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Squamish, BC

by klons » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:17 pm

strange wrote:

I often lurk on here, and have been on six cruises. I hardly ever comment, but always log in to vote for the Cripper award for cruises I've been on. So having a minimal post count to qualify for voting would probably mean I couldn't vote. It would also mean people who only went on the most recent cruise and decided to join the forum afterwards wouldn't be able to vote.
Definitely agree that something needs to be done about bands begging for votes, though. That doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of the award.

Which is why I mentioned what I did.

Surely it can't be hard for UMC to setup a one page survey and email codes out for it instead of this flawed method.
User

Jotunheimr

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Reno, Nevada

by Jotunheimr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:49 pm

klons wrote:
strange wrote:

Which is why I mentioned what I did.

Surely it can't be hard for UMC to setup a one page survey and email codes out for it instead of this flawed method.

They ought to allow only those with booking numbers from the most recent cruise to vote, that way even the newbies can cast their vote. UMC could do it, but I'd feel bad bothering them about something like this when they're already so busy as it is.
2015: 6511
2016: 7455
2018: Sooooooon

Trans-SiberianOrchestra-/-Savatage-/-JonOliva'sPain-/-CircleIICircle-/-Sabaton-/-Nightwish-/-Wintersun-/-Ensiferum-/-Turisas-/-Korpiklaani-/-Eluveitie-/-Arkona-/-InExtremo-/-Finntroll-/-Tyr-/-Heidevolk-/-Alestorm-/-AdornedBrood-/-Thyrfing-/-Skyforger-/-Primordial-/-Waylander-/-Metsatoll-/-Elvenking-/-Wilderun-/-RiotV-/-YngwieJMalmsteen-/-Ayreon-/-IcedEarth-/-BlindGuardian-/-GammaRay-/-Firewind-/-Dragonforce-/-Rhapsody-/-Stratovarius-/-Hammerfall-/-Delain-/-Blackmore'sNight-/-Spellblast-/-Watain-/-CarachAngren-/-ChildrenOfBodom-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Borknagar-/-Varg-/-Solstafir-/-Isengard-/-Kampfar-/-Kreator-/-Voivod-/-Exodus-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-Behemoth-/-MunicipalWaste-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-CarpathianForest-/-BlackMessiah-/-LostSociety-/-RottingChrist-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Ulver-/-Arcturus-/-Melechesh-/-Necrophagist-/-Be'lakor-/-Bloodbath-/-Gorguts-/-Krisiun-/-Septicflesh-/-Fallujah-/-Starkill-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Dååth
Next