Post Reply 2631 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Re: We’re Sailing To The Promised Land

by Malaka » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:50 pm

So glad that posted at the top. :mrgreen:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Got our cabin confirmation! :deathhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:00 am

mooyagi wrote:Got our cabin confirmation! :deathhorns:

I've been seeing a bunch of people get theirs, and mine isn't in yet. Since it shows my category as sold out now, I'm worried. Hopefully for nothing!
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:14 am

sara wrote:

I've been seeing a bunch of people get theirs, and mine isn't in yet. Since it shows my category as sold out now, I'm worried. Hopefully for nothing!

Same here.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 am

meshuggah wrote:
    sara wrote:

Same here.

Our category was shown as sold out before we got the room confirmation. I think as long as you got your request in before the category was crossed out you should be okay. Hopefully.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:08 am

meshuggah wrote:
    sara wrote:

Same here.

Me three. Still waiting for the confirmation as well.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:54 am

mooyagi wrote:Our category was shown as sold out before we got the room confirmation. I think as long as you got your request in before the category was crossed out you should be okay. Hopefully.

Thank you! I got some boilerplate response on FB and had to put my cut-a-bitch knife (proverbially speaking) down and take a deep breath. You pretty much have said what I was hoping UMC would bother to tell me.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 5 Days Of Sunshine!

by General Zod » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:10 pm

MissTool wrote:I will arrive Wednesday morning. It is gonna be awesome. I went last year and had a great time. This year the lineup is even better. Are you staying at HRH?

I am. Rooming with two buddies, one of which will be returning for his 2nd 70K this year. Facebook me and maybe we can all grab a drink.

https://www.facebook.com/greg.hasbrouck
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Twilightgirl
    Wiper

by Twilightgirl » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Took about 2 1/2 hrs to complete booking request Friday. Got confirmation email from UMC around 5:30 pm Saturday. And after convincing the credit card fraud dept. this was a legitimate purchase ( after notifying them in advance once and double checking on it a second time before trying to make payment, then talking to them by phone when payment was denied ) finally got the happy "your payment has been received" message. Can't wait to be on board again! And first time in a balcony room.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm definitely feeling pangs of jealousy at all these posts about booking confirmations etc as this is the most likely I've ever been to not being able to attend :(

Just as long as the number of bands I have to colour white in my signature doesn't grow too large, I'll be relatively okay with that.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I'm definitely feeling pangs of jealousy at all these posts about booking confirmations etc as this is the most likely I've ever been to not being able to attend :(

Just as long as the number of bands I have to colour white in my signature doesn't grow too large, I'll be relatively okay with that.

Dallas, I'm in a similar situation, but for a COMPLETELY different reason, almost opposite.
    I like enough bands so far, but I'm still waiting for my "boarding" band, the band I've been lucky to see announced early in the past 3 years.
    I know, like Twilightgirl said, it happens every year anyway, I should trust Andy, and the unknown bands are the best part, but like everybody else it's a big commitment for my family (especially if you include being sick a week after return like many people did last year :evil: ), so I need at least one "boarding band" that will make it all worthwhile, and so far it has been very close but no cigar.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:44 am

Booked for the fifth time! See you guys onbroad!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:08 am

mooyagi wrote:Our category was shown as sold out before we got the room confirmation. I think as long as you got your request in before the category was crossed out you should be okay. Hopefully.

Andy has to announce shit and open everything up for booking in the two weeks are out of town without cell coverage lmao. Between the website issues and trying to juggle drinking beers with gnoff we couldn't get the cheapest two person cabin but we did secure the next one :beerbang:
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:29 am

Twilightgirl wrote:Took about 2 1/2 hrs to complete booking request Friday. Got confirmation email from UMC around 5:30 pm Saturday.

I booked at 12:18 (according to my email) and their only response to me so far has been, "We're processing them in order." There is definitely something wrong. I'm calling them today, because my email didn't get answered. I know they're pounded, but it's unfair for me to lose out on my cabin for a technical issue they didn't plan on that was easily predictable, given their current system.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:43 am

Monmisreal wrote:

Andy has to announce shit and open everything up for booking in the two weeks are out of town without cell coverage lmao. Between the website issues and trying to juggle drinking beers with gnoff we couldn't get the cheapest two person cabin but we did secure the next one :beerbang:

:D
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:54 am

Madkill wrote:... Accept.

would be perfect :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Dustro25
    Wiper

by Dustro25 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:50 am

Booked! 4th time in a row. First time with a 2 person balcony. :bmhorns:
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 am

Rattini wrote:From my point of view, the booking yesterday was a disaster :evil:
    It took me approx. 2 hours until I managed to book my stateroom,
    incredible that UMC is not able to ensure sufficient capacity for online booking,
    quite unproffessional... :bitch:
    Nevertheless, Iam looking forward to be on board again :belly: :shred:

This is not gonna get better either. Every year it will get harder to book. unless they change the criteria for Survivors, it will be a yearly dog fight.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:08 am

I don't know how far along Andy is on the booking of the lineup, but if there's ANY chance of bringing back Lake Of Tears, I know a couple of people who would be VERY thrilled
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 am

As far as the announce ment goes, i am hoping for Amon Amarth, Alestorm or Avantasia.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:20 am

Sixth voyage is a GO! :headbanger:

Now back to harassing to book some of my faves :death:
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:23 am

Metaladdict187 wrote:As far as the announce ment goes, i am hoping for Amon Amarth, Alestorm or Avantasia.

Alestorm is the most likely seeing the hint and as i guess amon amarth has become to big for the cruise
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:03 am

So according to 70k, my booking request couldn't be processed because they ran out of that room type. I asked if it ran out in 18 min, and they said yes. So I'm paying way more for a double instead of a quad.

Well I like to go and I decided to just deal and pay up, but it definitely makes me rethink going next year unless they get better organized. The poor communication got under my skin. Don't FB reply to me with a BS answer.

Well now that is outta the way, bring on Alestorm! Hehe
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:10 am

So you've been a Survivor for at least 3 years, there was a problem on their side, not yours, followed by a poor communication from them. You end up paying much more, and they didn't even try to offer you some kind of discount, or anything?
    Not cool.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2019
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Landlubbers Beware!

by Andy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:48 am

Avast, ye landlubbers! The drunken pirates are back! From the deepest darkest depths of the Caribbean rise ALESTORM, and they will party with all of you Sailors onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

That is the first 20 out of 60, shall we “K”eep going?

scyll
    Petty Officer

Re: Landlubbers Beware!

by scyll » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:50 am

Hell YEAH!!! :_D
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 am

KEEP OF KALESSIN!
    KALISIA!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:59 am

Awesome! Hopefully these announcements run all the way to the 20th. I'd like one more signature band before I pull the trigger.

Normally I'd hope for Kalmah or Kamelot, but they were on last year, so... Kataklysm?

Metaladdict187 wrote:This is not gonna get better either. Every year it will get harder to book. unless they change the criteria for Survivors, it will be a yearly dog fight.

Seems to me UMC is in a pretty unenviable position here. We're at the point where people are annoyed but not unwilling to pay, and there hasn't been enough demand to justify a larger ship or a second cruise a la BtH, though the way things are looking that may well change in the next few years.
    Last edited by macamatic on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:00 am

Alestorm

Would like Keep Of Kalessin as the next band, and would absolutely love it if they are only going to play stuff from Armada + Come Damnation on one of their set.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:04 am

Well now I feel a little better if I have to miss this year.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:14 am

Yarr! Alestorm!!!

Khonsu will work

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:23 am

Monmisreal wrote:

Yay! Glad y'all are going again! PARTY!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 am

Kreator?
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:30 am

Oh right, I forgot about Kreator...I've heard somewhere that they were going to be there, but had no idea if my source was reliable. We'll see soon enough, and I sure won't be bothered if they come :headbanger:
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:50 am

Alestorm, I'm ok with that. Their new material is quite good.

Now what about a band starting with K? Hmm... I would hope its a band that's aggressive. Extremely aggressive. Revolutionarily violent. It would certainly be terrible if the next band was

KREATOR
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 am

I'm thinking it is Keep Of Kalessin because of the clue. I'd be happy with that but would prefer Kreator or King Diamond.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 am

ALESTORM!!!!!!!!!!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 am

2 wishlist bands in a row..

thanks andy :headbanger: :beerbang: :headbanger:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:20 am

Nice, starting to like the Line Up :beerwink:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:24 am

Hopefully alestorm closes down the ice rink. Their show ar that venue was one of the most goofy, fun shows I've ever been to.
Post Reply 2631 posts