Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Landlubbers Beware!

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:04 pm

mooyagi wrote:Hopefully alestorm closes down the ice rink. Their show at that venue was one of the most goofy, fun shows I've ever been to.

It was amongst th most fun I've ever had at any concert in my life
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Finally managed to get my booking through 90 minutes after sales started, and got my booking confirmation last night at 5:30....so thanks to UMC for putting in some long weekend hours getting this stuff sorted out...and also maybe getting us my specific room request (it could have been a 1/22 random chance, though).
    First time with a balcony (on 70K) and splitting with three friends, two of whom are previous Survivors. :beerbang:

Unless they upgrade their server capacity or something, I'm thinking they need to add a third "loyalty tier" for next year:
    Silver: 1-3 prior UMC cruises
    Gold: 4-6 priors
    Platinum: 7 priors and up.
    Totals would include 70K, and also Barge to Hell.
    Just a thought.

Alestorm = awesome fun, and I totally agree about a 70K-closing show on the ice rink stage. It'd be worth staying up for.

K is for......Keep of Kalessin? Hell yeah, Earthsea metal! And they're a wishlist band. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: We’re Sailing To The Promised Land

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:22 pm

sara wrote:So according to 70k, my booking request couldn't be processed because they ran out of that room type. I asked if it ran out in 18 min, and they said yes. So I'm paying way more for a double instead of a quad.

Well I like to go and I decided to just deal and pay up, but it definitely makes me rethink going next year unless they get better organized. The poor communication got under my skin. Don't FB reply to me with a BS answer.

Well now that is outta the way, bring on Alestorm! Hehe
    I assume you are going as a single,I am surprised that the single quads sold out that quickly.Me thinks they shuffled some from single buyers to private quads ,because that gets 4 people on the boat while a single is only one.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm

I think we ran into this trouble last year - when Silver booking opened up so did more of each type of cabin. And then a couple more trickled out when public sales opened.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:39 pm

What about kataklysm?
    Repeat Repeat?
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Khemmis
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:08 pm

I see some quad female singles but no male quad singles.Normally that is how sales go ,harder to sell female singles,also throughout the year singles open up.However booking discount would not apply,so switching would not make much sense.Normally UMC worked more with people,the only year I went as a single they called when a cheaper quad opened.Then even would change at no charge if I wanted it.This was for 2013 however.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 pm

I would be really happy with Khemmis or Kreator. But Krypts would be insanely cool.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:25 pm

mooyagi wrote:Hopefully alestorm closes down the ice rink. Their show ar that venue was one of the most goofy, fun shows I've ever been to.

Yes, yes it was. Oi! *high five*
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:32 pm

ALESTORM
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Sgt. B wrote:I'm thinking it is Keep Of Kalessin because of the clue. I'd be happy with that but would prefer Kreator or King Diamond.

King Diamond would rule!!
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Not going to happen of you want the whole King Diamond package. Main chorus line is to small for that
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:57 pm

Inquisitor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Hopefully alestorm closes down the ice rink. Their show ar that venue was one of the most goofy, fun shows I've ever been to.

Yes, yes it was. Oi! *high five*

Oi! *high five*

+1 to Khemmis. That would be a great add.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Another weenie band that I've seen live often enough, and are not high on my list of favourite bands.

Phew! :P I was worried it might be Almananac, Ancient Bards or Avantasia :P

And K? Unless Skipper pulls out the little known Italian bands Kaledon or Kalidia, I'll be okay with that too :cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Pellaz wrote:Finally managed to get my booking through 90 minutes after sales started, and got my booking confirmation last night at 5:30....so thanks to UMC for putting in some long weekend hours getting this stuff sorted out...and also maybe getting us my specific room request (it could have been a 1/22 random chance, though).
    First time with a balcony (on 70K) and splitting with three friends, two of whom are previous Survivors. :beerbang:

Unless they upgrade their server capacity or something, I'm thinking they need to add a third "loyalty tier" for next year:
    Just a thought.

Alestorm = awesome fun, and I totally agree about a 70K-closing show on the ice rink stage. It'd be worth staying up for.

K is for......Keep of Kalessin? Hell yeah, Earthsea metal! And they're a wishlist band. :headbanger:

Lol for me they said quad balcony ran out and I put in mine in the first 20 minutes. Must sell out quicker with the ladies given you gotta go two on a pull out sofa.

Anyway I'm glad Alestorm really got announced. Gotta figure out some K bands to hope for.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:19 pm

sara wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Finally managed to get my booking through 90 minutes after sales started, and got my booking confirmation last night at 5:30....so thanks to UMC for putting in some long weekend hours getting this stuff sorted out...and also maybe getting us my specific room request (it could have been a 1/22 random chance, though).

Just a thought.

Lol for me they said quad balcony ran out and I put in mine in the first 20 minutes. Must sell out quicker with the ladies given you gotta go two on a pull out sofa.

Anyway I'm glad Alestorm really got announced. Gotta figure out some K bands to hope for.

Which room type were you going for? I pretty much show all of the quad balconies are still available now.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: We’re Sailing To The Promised Land

by sara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:20 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    sara wrote:So according to 70k, my booking request couldn't be processed because they ran out of that room type. I asked if it ran out in 18 min, and they said yes. So I'm paying way more for a double instead of a quad.

Well I like to go and I decided to just deal and pay up, but it definitely makes me rethink going next year unless they get better organized. The poor communication got under my skin. Don't FB reply to me with a BS answer.

Well now that is outta the way, bring on Alestorm! Hehe
    I assume you are going as a single,I am surprised that the single quads sold out that quickly.Me thinks they shuffled some from single buyers to private quads ,because that gets 4 people on the boat while a single is only one.

What are you talking about? There would be four girls in the room regardless. Single tickets are for roommates. They get 100 fee for roommate matching.

The fact is they could have worked with me and instead I was screwed over.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Pellaz wrote:...

Pellaz, beware of the balcony quads, the sofa bed cannot be separated.

1st year I was in a balcony quad, luckily our 4th was a no-show, else I would have been sleeping in the sofa bed with a dude!

I've heard others say they found themselves in this awkward situation and complained so hard that the room attendants brought in something else for them.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Bob wrote:

1st year I was in a balcony quad, luckily our 4th was a no-show, else I would have been sleeping in the sofa bed with a dude!

I've heard others say they found themselves in this awkward situation and complained so hard that the room attendants brought in something else for them.

Lol, no offense, but did you not look at the room description before booking?

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Highest Ks on the wishlists:

36 Kreator
    14 Kataklysm
    12 King Diamond, Kvelertak
    11 Katatonia, Keep of Kalessin

Another that while not super-high on my personal wishlist that would hurt (and could be a possibility):

Kobra and the Lotus
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Downvod wrote:

Haha, yes I missed that tidbit. Things u learn from experience.

I'm not even sure why they have men's single quads where they match up strangers this way. LOL
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Bob wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

I'm not even sure why they have men's single quads where they match up strangers this way. LOL

Oh, you were booking solo? Yeah, I guess I can see being taken by surprise then.

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Bob wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

Haha what have I started? I doubt it's a big issue to sleep with another dude. Sleep head to feet or something. Maybe make a pillow barrier? :lol:

I was nervous the first year when I realized I'd have to share. It wasn't bad at all. Of course there wasn't man-stink in the room, that helps, and I was probably the biggest out of the four of us. One of the girls barely even slept in the cabin, and the same thing happened the next year. I ended up roomed with the wife of a guitar tech, and the couple spent every night in the band's cabin partying.

I sent an angry but very level-headed, polite and to the point email to UMC about the quad thing just now. When I looked on the train, non-single tickets were still unsold for that cabin type. Are they really willing to not sell those right away, while making me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ? I'm not interested in endless speculation and rumors, so I'll end the rants on the subject here. The sooner I stop talking about it, the sooner I can go back to being excited.

I can't think of many K bands I like... Kreator and KENmode, and I doubt that second one gets booked. Kreator just came my way. There's Krisiun, but I can take it or leave it. How about I let the weenies have this one? My treat. :P
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Hell yeah, Alestorm! Sure, most of us have seen them before, but fuck it, they're fun. My kids are really happy too, since they haven't seen them and they're big fans.

If the K is Kontrust or Kai Hansen's XXX project, I'll buy Jess a drink.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:39 pm

acidbasement wrote:Hell yeah, Alestorm! Sure, most of us have seen them before, but fuck it, they're fun. My kids are really happy too, since they haven't seen them and they're big fans.

If the K is Kontrust or Kai Hansen's XXX project, I'll buy Jess a drink.

Didn't think of Kai!

If that was the K, that would definitely hurt :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Bob wrote:

Well, sure, I've never met a sofa bed that could be separated. "Could you bring me a bandsaw so I can separate this bed? If you'll pardon the noise and the dust....." :lol:

Many of the "quads" have sofa beds, although there are some with wall- or ceiling-mounted Pullman beds, which would work out better for a random group of singles.

Oh, I dunno, maybe he was really cute? :lol:

Err, seriously, two in our group are a couple (or so I surmise), so they'll get the sofa-bed.
    I think there's also a curtain that can be drawn for privacy, not that I expect too much in flagrante delicto in the cabin. :D

If there's room they can probably bring in a spare bed, but they only have so many of those.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Twilightgirl
    Wiper

by Twilightgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Excited about Alestorm! Kamelot would be ok. King Diamond would be in-fucking-believable but not holding my breath on that one.
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Twilightgirl wrote:Excited about Alestorm! Kamelot would be ok. King Diamond would be in-fucking-believable but not holding my breath on that one.

Kamelot is ineligible because they were on board this year.

I personally only listen to 3 bands that start with K, two of which were on board this year (Kamelot & Kalmah) and the third has been announced already (Korpiklaani). So whatever band it is won't be a big deal for me.

I have a hunch it'll be either Kreator or Katatonia. The line-up needs a bit more thrash / doom.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Kvelertak would be a booking band for me.
    I would love Kreator, but not a booking band.
    Would also like King Diamond or Kataklysm.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Khonsu is the only band that would be something new I can think of.With Alestorm the "mega-meh" boat continues ,save all the good stuff until 2019.Only Enslaved really make this interesting.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:14 am

This! So happy to have Alestorm back, but I really hope they make them play at a "party time", not in the morning. I need them late at night, if they play too early I'll probably skip them.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 am

Krokus would be great as well...
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:15 am

Hope for Kreator. :shred: Krokus would be a flashback to my teens. :lol: :bangers:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 am

cowboy71 wrote:Kalidia

I sooooooo hope they aren't booked. Well, if they were, that might make Walk in Darkness a possibility too (although I don't think they've played any live shows, and no idea if they even plan on playing live). That'd be very difficult to resist.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:55 am

Fingers crossed for Kataklysm. Kreator would be a solid, albeit uninspired choice, given the frequency with which they tour.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:44 am

Have y'all never had to share a bed with a friend before?

Hell, my first cruise I went back to my room so drunk I passed out on the two twins (that had not been separated in our cabin) on the floor rather than my overhead bunk. One of my roomies came in later and did the same thing. Neither of us gave a single fuck.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:10 am

headlinerluxi wrote:Krokus would be great as well...

I agree :cheers:

But also

Kaledon
    Kamikaze Kings
    Kotiteollisuus

:cool:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    tvrdkvlt
    Oiler

by tvrdkvlt » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:55 am

Godflesh wrote:Kvelertak would be a booking band for me.
    I would love Kreator, but not a booking band.
    Would also like King Diamond or Kataklysm.

Same for me, unlike any of the bands booked so far.
    Sadly they'll be touring with Metallica during the cruise :(
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:54 am

from my wish list

King of Asgard
    Kingdom Of Sorrow
    Krokus

would also like
    Kreator
    Kvelertak