Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: 70 Days Until Sailing!

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:40 pm

I don't know what it is about Myrkur, but I just can't get into her material. It seems like something I would like but nothing hooks me and I can't figure out why.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:42 pm

mooyagi wrote:I don't know what it is about Myrkur, but I just can't get into her material. It seems like something I would like but nothing hooks me and I can't figure out why.

I agree, she is missing somrthing
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Everyone shit on Myrkyr so hard when she first came out I didn't bother to listen, then I listened to her newest one and was blown away, it's amazing.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the forum
    Not a creature was stirring, not even Ramon.
    The rumours were sprung by the Bridge with care,
    In hopes that St Andy soon would be there.

The sailors were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of mosh pits danced in their heads.
    And mamma in her battle vest, and I in my cap,
    Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the forum there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
    Away to the phone I flew like a sprinter,
    Tore open the lock screen and threw up the browser.

With a little old announcement, so lively and nifty,
    I knew in a moment it must be St Andy
    More rapid than eagles his band allusions they came,
    And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Borknagar! Now, Behemoth! now, Metsatoll and Myrkur!
    On, Tankard! On, Vektor! on, on Flotsam and Jetsam!
    To the pool deck! to the top of the ship!
    Now thrash away! Thrash away! Thrash away all!"
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Everyone shit on Myrkyr so hard when she first came out I didn't bother to listen, then I listened to her newest one and was blown away, it's amazing.

She is a bit boring to me, but I like a lot of hard and fast music. I'm sure she is great live. I've had the same boredom with Subrosa and loved them at MDF .

So my prediction for an announcement yeaterday fell flat on it's face. Heh, just another one for the pure, lmao.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    zerkz
    Oiler

by zerkz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 pm

sara wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:Everyone shit on Myrkyr so hard when she first came out I didn't bother to listen, then I listened to her newest one and was blown away, it's amazing.

She is a bit boring to me, but I like a lot of hard and fast music. I'm sure she is great live. I've had the same boredom with Subrosa and loved them at MDF .

So my prediction for an announcement yeaterday fell flat on it's face. Heh, just another one for the pure, lmao.

Same with Subrosa. I listened to them a bit before I saw them at Roadburn this year, and they blew my face off live. The band is much heavier live.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:13 pm

sara wrote:I'm throwing my imaginary money on our next announcement being on the Friday before Christmas. My crystal bullshit ball is also telling me it's a band that most people won't be too excited about, and there will be a collective sigh. :P

And alas and damnit, you wuz wrong. :cry:

Facebook kindly reminded me of my post a year ago on Dec. 23rd, rejoicing in the "Christmas miracle" of a band announcement (Psycroptic).....but I also noted that there were still TWENTY bands to be announced at that time.
    Hard to believe, but we're actually ahead of the game this year....for now.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:35 am

Pellaz wrote:
    sara wrote:I'm throwing my imaginary money on our next announcement being on the Friday before Christmas. My crystal bullshit ball is also telling me it's a band that most people won't be too excited about, and there will be a collective sigh. :P

Facebook kindly reminded me of my post a year ago on Dec. 23rd, rejoicing in the "Christmas miracle" of a band announcement (Psycroptic).....but I also noted that there were still TWENTY bands to be announced at that time.

And Psycroptic was an amazing add, I spent their entire Pyramid Lounge set standing on a couch and head-banging.

I'm not worried about what's in this year's line-up, I just enjoy all the chit-chat and happiness and groaning every time a new announcement is made. I've had a rough week home with my family and was hoping for some Christmas cheer, damnit.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:36 am

sara wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

I'm not worried about what's in this year's line-up, I just enjoy all the chit-chat and happiness and groaning every time a new announcement is made. I've had a rough week home with my family and was hoping for some Christmas cheer, damnit.

FB reminded me today (since I posted about it a year ago) that Mors Principium Est was announced on Dec. 24th last year. A major wishlist band for me, but it looks like I won't be getting that this year. :cry: :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:20 am

Pellaz wrote:
    sara wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:And alas and damnit, you wuz wrong. :cry:

FB reminded me today (since I posted about it a year ago) that Mors Principium Est was announced on Dec. 24th last year. A major wishlist band for me, but it looks like I won't be getting that this year. :cry: :cry:

and man, they ruled!!!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Season's Greetings!

by Andy » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:00 am

We wish all Sailors and Metalheads around the world Happy Holidays.

Cheers,

Your 70000TONS OF METAL Team

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Season's Greetings!

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:08 pm

All I ask is the gift of Borknagar... Thrice the Winter love!!!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Well, there you have it. This years Cripper Winner - Season's Greetings
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:43 pm

Downvod wrote:Well, there you have it. This years Cripper Winner - Season's Greetings

The temperature under this shade is exactly -666 degrees celsius. Truly brutal. :lol:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:03 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:FB reminded me today (since I posted about it a year ago) that Mors Principium Est was announced on Dec. 24th last year. A major wishlist band for me, but it looks like I won't be getting that this year. :cry: :cry:

and man, they ruled!!!

Yes... yes they did.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:26 am

I really missed MPE, big announcement for me as they don't ever tour here... But I really enjoyed their Tour Diary vids... very funny..

"All I want is an English Speaking Phone!"

:lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:16 am

Downvod wrote:Well, there you have it. This years Cripper Winner - Season's Greetings

Just judging from their name, I'd guess they're kinda proggy. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:33 pm

All right now I'm legitimately getting a little worried. Crimmus has come and gone, I'm leaving in 33 days, we still doing this cruise thing?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • hayabusadante
    Oiler

by hayabusadante » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:35 pm

I'm new...second cruise....I survived 2016....but yeah...where are the bands at!!!
    Slaughtered
    Wiper

by Slaughtered » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Hm, I'll start my holiday in two weeks.. I hope there comes some more bands before that so I know which shirts to take with me :?
    First time cruiser boarding 2018.. :beerhorns:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Cruise is cancelled af.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:40 pm

I see several people chomping at the bit here ... relax, have a drink :whisky:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Phoenix wrote:All right now I'm legitimately getting a little worried. Crimmus has come and gone, I'm leaving in 33 days, we still doing this cruise thing?

I would think that if there were actual issues, the cruise line would have sent some sort of notification.

I'm actually ok with them waiting to announce (mostly because I'm perfectly fine with the lineup as it stands right now). Makes the last few weeks pretty exciting when we're getting announcements every other day.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:56 pm

There were announcements last year before Christmas... however, that was with only 39 bands having been announced prior. We already have 45.

Hell, for the 2016 cruise, we were stuck at 45 bands until about January 25. The last 15 were announced in the last 10 days before the cruise. This is nothing new.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:53 am

I was looking back at some old announcements last night. Looks like we're about due for one of those "here's a few Cripper bands" announcements.

Newbies on the board should know that announcements usually don't wrap up fully until a day or two before we set sail. There was that one year when Wintersun was announced the night before. A couple months of silence between announcements is also pretty normal.

Though, I do feel there's usually been some announcement around Christmas or the New Year. I'll be kind of surprised if we don't have one by Friday night, but yes, the last couple weeks before sailing is always pretty exciting.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:59 am

Downvod wrote:There were announcements last year before Christmas... however, that was with only 39 bands having been announced prior. We already have 45.

Hell, for the 2016 cruise, we were stuck at 45 bands until about January 25. The last 15 were announced in the last 10 days before the cruise. This is nothing new.

I was physically unable to keep up with 2016 for reasons I won't bother getting into, so fair enough. I guess I'm just "spoiled" with last year and 2015 where announcements were pretty commonplace at the end of the year.

I'm just really looking forward to the cruise this year. More than any other year so far I need the vacation. I'm getting antsy.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:There were announcements last year before Christmas... however, that was with only 39 bands having been announced prior. We already have 45.

I was physically unable to keep up with 2016 for reasons I won't bother getting into, so fair enough. I guess I'm just "spoiled" with last year and 2015 where announcements were pretty commonplace at the end of the year.

I'm just really looking forward to the cruise this year. More than any other year so far I need the vacation. I'm getting antsy.

I hear you there. It's been the year from hell. I'm most excited about leaving port and watching my cell signal fade away... I need to escape the real world for a while.

• Disco
    Midshipman

Re: Shaken, Not Stirred

by Disco » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Andy wrote:The legendary Slam pioneers from New York will cause you to suffer from INTERNAL BLEEDING onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Don't worry, there are over 22 bars and lounges onbroad to help you soothe the pain...

Up next, we'll have you barking at the "M"oon!

Barking at the "M"oon? I sure as hell hope it's not Mayhem.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Shaken, Not Stirred

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Disco wrote:
    Andy wrote:Up next, we'll have you barking at the "M"oon!

Barking at the "M"oon? I sure as hell hope it's not Mayhem.

* blink *

Oh, that's right, we've been waiting for an "M" band. It's been so long I'd almost forgotten.

Clearly it's Mozzie Mosbourne, from the clue. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:50 pm

I'll be in Florida in one month!
    BOAT
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:33 pm

acidbasement wrote:I'll be in Florida in one month!
    BOAT

You're not driving again are you???

9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:I'll be in Florida in one month!
    BOAT

You're not driving again are you???

We found some decent flight prices this year! Those were some long days in the car the last two years.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Happy New Year!

by Andy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:00 pm

70000TONS OF METAL would like to wish everyone around the Globe a Happy and Headbanging New Year! For those of you lucky Sailors who will be joining us in February and starting 2018 in style... Just over four more weeks until we depart for round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We have some exciting news to share in the coming weeks, stay tuned!

• meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: Happy New Year!

by meshuggah » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Hope that "exciting news" comes SOOOOOOOOOOOON! New Years Day announcement(s), please!
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:40 pm

meshuggah wrote:Hope that "exciting news" comes SOOOOOOOOOOOON! New Years Day announcement(s), please!

well isn't there suppose to be some eclipse/full moon on the 1st or tonight - might be appropriate for an announcement with a moon clue ? :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:42 pm

meshuggah wrote:Hope that "exciting news" comes SOOOOOOOOOOOON! New Years Day announcement(s), please!

Not to be negative, but they said almost the same exact thing in the New Years post before the 2016 cruise. The 'exciting news' seemed to be the Allstar Jam 2 weeks later (which everyone already knew about) or the 15 (mostly) Cripper bands announced in the 10 days leading up to the cruise. Lol

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:21 am

Downvod wrote:

Not to be negative, but they said almost the same exact thing in the New Years post before the 2016 cruise. The 'exciting news' seemed to be the Allstar Jam 2 weeks later (which everyone already knew about) or the 15 (mostly) Cripper bands announced in the 10 days leading up to the cruise. Lol

And somehow we still had an awesome time when we sailed.
    Happy New Year, Skipper and everyone else!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

1 Month Until Sailing!

by Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Sailors!

In exactly 1 month you and 2999 other Metalheads from around the World will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, sailing on board the Independence of the Seas from Florida to Grand Turk!

With 60 international Heavy Metal bands, 4 stages including The World’s Biggest Open Air Stage Structure to Sail the Seas, and 3000 Metalheads from around the globe enjoying 22 Bars, over 10 dining venues, and 6 whirlpools – two of which overlook the ocean – this truly is a festival experience like no other!

1 month until 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, Round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: 1 Month Until Sailing!

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Dear Andy...

AtomA have officially reunited... Having them onbroad would be amazing!!!

Carry on

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: 1 Month Until Sailing!

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Maradise Lost and Morknagar, pleaaaaase!!!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
Post Reply 2628 posts