Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Don't Mourn For Us

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Mind blown. I cannot believe it. Simply LOVE this band. Wow
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    TheMightyBattlePenis
    Oiler

by TheMightyBattlePenis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:50 am

Its -37 celsius where I am. Give me something to to look forward to, like Sargeist or Satanic Warmaster....
    Forcefully ravaged and pillaged 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:33 am

TheMightyBattlePenis wrote:Satanic Warmaster

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 am

Disco wrote:S.O.D.?

I know that's a pipe dream but would still be awesome,

Danny Lilker formed a tribute band called SOB Stormtroopers Of Beer
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Seventh Heaven

by Andy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Sailors, please welcome SEVEN SPIRES onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018! These Bostonian Symphonic Metal masterminds will make your dreams come true when you embark on Round 8 of The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

We can almost taste the sea breeze as we approach our Embarkation day, make sure you stick around! It would be "D"angerous to turn away now...

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Seventh Heaven

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:00 pm

oooooh noice :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm

... Who?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Phoenix wrote:... Who?

https://sevenspiresband.com/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:... Who?

https://sevenspiresband.com/

Yeah I mean I'm already listening to them on Spotify, I've just never heard of these people. And yet they don't even really qualify as a Cripper band, depending on what definition you use.

She has a nice voice for symphonic metal though.

EDIT: Wow, 14 year old me would have been really excited about this announcement.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote:oooooh noice :)

Safe to assume I'm not into it :lol:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Not the worst symphonic metal band and certainly more tolerable than most second-rate female-fronted symphonic bands.

We only have 12 bands left and it kinda sucks that they're all just going to be fillers now. I haven't been excited about an announcement since Sirenia..
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    dws515
    Oiler

by dws515 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Cool, I've heard of them locally, looks like this could be their first big break!
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:47 pm

I thought the rough vocals were decent, but then the song went full weenie.

They seem to be a local band? But I've never heard of them. Get one of my hometown local bands instead, shitty towns know how to play rough and tumble, have Abdicate get back together and play us some slam. :lol:

We still have an opportunity for some thrash. DRI, Destruction, Dust Bolt. I'm holding out hope.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

NEEXT
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 pm

There's ussually a thrash cripper
    Dust bolt or demon prayers would make sense or even dekapitated
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Seven Spires sounds tolerable. A bit uneven from song to song but might give them a shot if there's nothing else going on.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Ready, Set, Destroy!

by Andy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm

We welcome DESTRUCTION on board with open arms! This legendary German Thrash outfit will make you headbang until you can't move onbroad Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Sailors, have you begun making your preparations for boarding? Double, no, "T"riple check to make sure you bring everything you need for your Ultimate Heavy Metal vacation!

• sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Ready, Set, Destroy!

by sara » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm

yaaaaay!
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Triosphere?
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:41 pm

alex_canada wrote:Triosphere?

Or Tankard, if we want 3 of the Teutonic Four. Sadly we can't get Sodom, unless he's a one-man-band now. :lol:
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 pm

sara wrote:

Or Tankard, if we want 3 of the Teutonic Four. Sadly we can't get Sodom, unless he's a one-man-band now. :lol:

Id be down with Wodos
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:47 pm

sara wrote:

I'm not a triosphere fan, but andy put emphasis on three in his post. Suffix for three = tri
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Did someone say thrash?

Could also be Trivium.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Destruction is fun!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:01 pm

T ... he Haunted
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Tyr??? They got three letters!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Doubt either will happen, but Turisas or Troldhaugen would be brilliant. Wouldn't mind seeing Twilight Force on board either. They were a hell of a lot of fun last time.

Listened to a couple Seven Spires songs and...wow. That's just...not good.
    Last edited by Gratch on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:36 pm

THULCANDRA would be amazing! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

dws515 wrote:[Seven Spires] Cool, I've heard of them locally, looks like this could be their first big break!

Second, actually. A band had to cancel at ProgPower USA this past year and Seven Spires was offered the chance to replace them IF they could arrange the necessary instruments and fly their female singer in from Texas in time...with only a few hours' notice.
    To their credit, they got everything done. I'm just about certain it was their performance at PPUSA that led to their 70K booking. For a very young band (late teens/early 20s) they were as polished and professional as any band that's played that stage...and more impressive live than their albums would imply.
    I'm a little biased since I helped locally to procure a 7-string guitar for their show, but...yeah. I like 'em. Cool folks, too.

Gotta say, Destruction is a bigger name than I was expecting, this late in the game. :headbanger:

I'd love to see Tyr or Turisas as the "T" band (we're light on folk-metal this year), but I agree with the Triosphere reasoning.
    Then again, Andy fooled us -- and fooled us well! -- with "Wizzard." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:28 pm

SEVEN SPIRES
    Hmmm, changing from a thumbs down..

DESTRUCTION
    Last edited by Razor Ramon on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Yeah destruction are fillers. Pffffttt. Excellent add. Always love their sets on cruise
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:36 pm

Quite the disappointment with the S band :(

Fingers crossed for Turisas, Tyr, The Seer, The Haunted or even Trivium.
    Too bad Tribulation will be on tour during the cruise...
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 am

Phoenix wrote:Did someone say thrash?

Could also be Trivium.

that would be a nice addition... :belly: :belly: :belly:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 am

sara wrote:I thought the rough vocals were decent, but then the song went full weenie.

This. When the clean vocals started, I had to exorcize the 12-year old girl in me. Oh right, I forgot, I don’t have a 12-year old girl in me.

Destruction: I still love the old stuff (I bought their first EP in 1984 Image, look at the hair) but was disappointed by them in 2015. I think it has to do with only one guitar on stage vs two in studio, but I could be wrong. Or perhaps it was because they didn’t play my favorite songs (even though Schmier did ask the audience what they wanted to hear, which was cool).

Tankard would be AWESOME and could fit the clue (third Teutonic 4 band), but “a guy on Facebook” said they said no when asked if they were on broad.

Trivium is not thrash, and the vocals utterly annoy me.
    I’m betting on a Cripper band.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 am

Seven Spires was a nice surprise. I like them better than "similar" bands such as Amberian Dawn or Sirenia. Good choice. Destruction is a big "meh". Crossing fingers for Triosphere now!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am

"triple check" = Triosphere ?
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:54 am

Could be Tankard...which will mean 3 of the Teutonic 4 are on the boat!

Thought for a second that it meant he was going to announce 3 bands in a row but that did not happen.

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:"triple check" = Triosphere ?
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 am

Of course it could also be Trollband. Because we know how much Andy likes to troll us :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 am

Phoenix wrote:Of course it could also be Trollband. Because we know how much Andy likes to troll us :lol:

And it gives Joey another opportunity to troll the rest of us and temporarily rejoin them... fucker.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Diomedes
    Oiler

by Diomedes » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:07 am

No hints for this that I've seen, but Summoning just put out new material. I have no idea if they ever tour, but that would fucking blow me away.
Post Reply 2628 posts