Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • Disco
    Midshipman

Re: High Fantasy On The High Seas

by Disco » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:EVERTALE \o/

Beyond happy. And my avatar is me wearing my Evertale shirt even :P

Congrats mate. I would be just as happy as you are if they announced Myrath.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:03 pm

On first listen Evertale sound like Orden Ogan playing Gloryhammer covers. I'll try to catch a set.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 pm

acidbasement wrote:On first listen Evertale sound like Orden Ogan playing Gloryhammer covers. I'll try to catch a set.

Alright, with such a description, I won't even give it a fair chance before giving it a:

Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Looks like no thrash relief coming from the FL bands :cry:
    We need more thrash!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 pm

cegr80 wrote:I'm wishing so hard for Borknagar!

ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    zerkz
    Oiler

by zerkz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 pm

I'd love to see "The Absence" on the ship!

especially with their new single coming out.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:39 am

Dangit, I'm thinking it probably IS Brutality and not Borknagar. Nothing against Brutality, but....

downvod wrote:Nergal and Orion are going to be in California for Namm though. January 25-28. It would be hard for the timing to be any more perfect.

--Except that Nergal has posted that he'll be in LA through Feb. 2nd. :evil:
    Of course, he COULD just be saying that.... :twisted:

Behemoth + pool deck set + late-night with clouds racing in front of the Moon = magical.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 am

Y'know what would be cool? Body Count. *ducks rotten tomatoes*

Guys, it's getting close. We'll be getting the cruise planners any day now. :cool:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:03 am

Pellaz wrote:Dangit, I'm thinking it probably IS Brutality and not Borknagar. Nothing against Brutality, but....

Behemoth + pool deck set + late-night with clouds racing in front of the Moon = magical.

Yeah, good detective work on finding out they're playing the night before the cruise. Makes them seem pretty likely.

On the other hand, Scour also did that post and we thought it was them, so who knows.

Yes, the 2015 Behemoth pool deck set will always stick with me.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:Yes, the 2015 Behemoth pool deck set will always stick with me.

That was the Turisas 2016 pool deck set for me. Best live concert experience I've ever seen. "Rasputin" was fucking amazing.

And it's why I'm really hoping that they'll somehow be a stealth announcement in the final few.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:33 pm

acidbasement wrote:On first listen Evertale sound like Orden Ogan playing Gloryhammer covers. I'll try to catch a set.

...all while singing about Warhammer 40k.
    Really starting to get into their stuff, will probably end up being my Twilight Force this year :beerwink:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Mark wrote:

Really starting to get into their stuff, will probably end up being my Twilight Force this year :beerwink:

They are so good.

First album is all based on the Dragonlance Saga - one of my favourite ever series of books.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm

cowboy71 wrote:First album is all based on the Dragonlance Saga - one of my favourite ever series of books.

Well, shit. Now I have to listen to them.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Radashar
    Oiler

by Radashar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Mark wrote:

You had me at 40k. Definitely have to check them out.
    2017 - 2292
    2018 - 2250
    2019 - 2562
    2020 - deck 2 somewhere!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Seventh Heaven

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Godflesh wrote:Destruction: I still love the old stuff (I bought their first EP in 1984 Image, look at the hair) but was disappointed by them in 2015. I think it has to do with only one guitar on stage vs two in studio, but I could be wrong. Or perhaps it was because they didn’t play my favorite songs (even though Schmier did ask the audience what they wanted to hear, which was cool).

Update on Destruction: I was disappointed in 2015 but their latest re-recording album (Thrash Anthems II) rocks, if they bring the same vibe on stage, I’ll be happy.
    Plus when Nuclear Blast refused to release the album they crowdfunded it, so more power to them.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:06 am

sara wrote:Y'know what would be cool? Body Count. *ducks rotten tomatoes*

As long as they're contractually required to play their cover of Suicidal's "Institutionalized." It's GREAT.

Guys, it's getting close. We'll be getting the cruise planners any day now. :cool:

SoooOOOoooOOOooooOOOoooOOOOoooon.

I hope.

I'm checking my inbox every few hours.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Pellaz wrote:SoooOOOoooOOOooooOOOoooOOOOoooon.

I hope.

I just got mine!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Warphine wrote:

I hope.

I just got mine!

I feel like I'll get mine tomorrow, but that's so SOON.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just got mine now!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Got mine! :3drunks:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Mine just showed up.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Yessss! Got mine.

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Got mine.
    Filled everything straight away.

Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2 Weeks Until Sailing - Online Check-In Now Open!

by Andy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Sailors!

In 2 weeks you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Are you ready to set sail with 60 Metal Bands and 2999 other Metalheads from around the World on a 154,000ton Cruise Ship to our Caribbean dream destination Grand Turk?

Online Check-In codes for fully booked and ticketed passengers are currently being sent out. Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all codes. If you do not receive yours within the next 48 hours, please make sure to check your spam folder and contact us.

• Radashar
    Oiler

Re: 2 Weeks Until Sailing - Online Check-In Now Open!

by Radashar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Silly Google. Online check in for 70k is not spam.

Burn your filters.
    2017 - 2292
    2018 - 2250
    2019 - 2562
    2020 - deck 2 somewhere!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Gibbs Cay stingray encounter? Don't mind if I do...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Gibbs Cay stingray encounter? Don't mind if I do...

Stingray AND Meshuggah at the same time?? Will have to think about it, but that sounds really, really good.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm all checked in and bought my pricey Internet so I can lie and tell my boss I'm not connected while posting dumb shit on Facebook between band sets.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Andy wrote:Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all codes.

48 hours? But I want it now! Lead passenger got a check in email but mine hasn't arrived yet. :evil: Now we play the waiting game.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Andy wrote:Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all codes.

48 hours? But I want it now! Lead passenger got a check in email but mine hasn't arrived yet. :evil: Now we play the waiting game.

Since Brian booked as lead you and I are in the same boat this year my friend. (See what I did there? :mrgreen: )
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2018 Artist Escorted Shore Excursions

by Andy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Immerse yourself in beautiful Grand Turk by booking a Shore Excursion!

We are 2 weeks away from 70000TONS OF METAL 2018! The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will sail from Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands on board the Independence of the Seas, leaving from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale near Miami, FL on Thursday, February 1st 2018 and returning on Monday, February 5th.

Make the most of your time in Grand Turk by booking a Shore Excursion through Royal Caribbean, who arrange your early debarkation and transport, so you are sure to be back at port in time for boarding. Relax and recharge or take advantage of an array of snorkeling and other once in a lifetime excursions.

Book one of the artist escorted Shore Excursions and you could enjoy your day in Grand Turk alongside member(s) of ABORTED, EXHUMED, MESHUGGAH and WOLFCHANT.

Excursions are reserved directly through Royal Caribbean.

Book your Shore Excursion now

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:03 am

Warphine wrote:

I hope.

I just got mine!

I might have been one of the first to see the email come in. Posted it on the "big" 70K FB group and I think I was first.
    Already reserved internet and the cheap soda package. They tried to steer me to the "refreshment" package but I was too wiley for them and got the classic soda package instead.
    Note that booking internet NOW saves you $5 per day. They SAY it's the fastest at sea. We'll just sea about THAT. :D

Shit's getting real, folks. :bangers: :twisted: :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 2018 Artist Escorted Shore Excursions

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:15 am

Can't. Fucking. Wait.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 am

mooyagi wrote:

The lead, you mean the man of the cabin??

:P
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am

I'm all squared up - looks like no one else in my cabin has even noticed :P

I was looking at the shore excursions, but only the stingrays really interest me and I'm not sure how worth it they'll be as opposed to just exploring the island at my own pace. I'll opt to beach bum it this year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:34 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm all squared up - looks like no one else in my cabin has even noticed :P

I was looking at the shore excursions, but only the stingrays really interest me and I'm not sure how worth it they'll be as opposed to just exploring the island at my own pace. I'll opt to beach bum it this year.

Not sure if you were on in 2013--Turk's Beaches are amazing... I'll probably do the same , and maybe hold on to Sabaton's stuff again as they swam with a VERY hungover Joacim

:lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:38 am

Radashar wrote:Silly Google. Online check in for 70k is not spam.

Burn your filters.

Same here
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm all squared up - looks like no one else in my cabin has even noticed :P

I was gonna do the Gibbs Cay Stingray Encounter even before they announced it as a band encounter... I recommend googling it, it looks amazing

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm

mooyagi wrote:

I'm not the lead passenger on my reservation but received the email anyway. Definitely check your spam folder; that's where mine came in.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 pm

capacitator51 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

I'm not the lead passenger on my reservation but received the email anyway. Definitely check your spam folder; that's where mine came in.

Nothing yet. I'm calling their asses immediately at the 48 hour mark. :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

The lead, you mean the man of the cabin??

:P

You are so lucky you aren't next to us this year. :evil:
  • Post Reply 2628 posts