Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Idle Sails Are The Devil's Playthings

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:So, not only did Pist*On reunite, but I just found out Pissing Razors is active again... :ugeek:

...and then I just found out Pissing Razors has shows in Texas during the cruise...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:36 am

So... announcement in 3.5 hours? Maybe?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:48 am

Phoenix wrote:So... announcement in 3.5 hours? Maybe?

Or every 3.5 hours...

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:47 pm

TPH wrote:Don't count on it: Bloodbath were ruled out because they were either writing new material or recording, I don't remember. As Old Nick is their singer too...

Do not crush my hopes, irishman!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Why is it that work goes from normal pace to insanely fucking busy right before the cruise? It's happened the last two years, and is ramping up again today.

At least the days will go by faster, I suppose.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:04 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    TPH wrote:Don't count on it: Bloodbath were ruled out because they were either writing new material or recording, I don't remember. As Old Nick is their singer too...
    Do not crush my hopes, irishman!

I may be living in Ireland, but I'm no Guinness drinker :P Je suis français, merde !
    And you have no idea how much I would have loved seeing Bloodbath on the lineup.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:56 pm

TPH wrote:Je suis français, merde !

Sacré bleu! I had no clue. Sorry!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:06 pm

'15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Jimbo2392 wrote:Image

:beerbang:

Does that mean Jenny McCarthy and Pamela Anderson will have a pillow fight on the cruise!!??

:boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:54 pm

I got one more work day to go! And we are doing some hackathon event. I kinda just wanted to dick around all day and see who on FB is already heading down.

I sure hope we get an announcement tonight, even though I don't really have a horse in this P race.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:01 pm

I just want to say "BOAT" and this is the best place to say it.
    :viking:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:57 pm

This is probably the least excited I've been for 70k. Lineup is better than year 3, but it's more so that I have 50 assignments to be marked the day after we dock, a midterm and assignment due in a grad course, and an awesome job that I need to study a lot for prior to interview but will probably lose out on anyway due to seniority. Ugh. And I'm back at work Tuesday morning.

I really hope I feel it once I see essex house.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

We Couldn't Think of a Title Either...

by Andy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 pm

PSYCHOSTICK will have you laughing so hard that tears will be rolling down your cheeks! Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise sets sail on February 1st. Are you going to enjoy the Heavy Metal Vacation of a lifetime? Or will you be stuck in the cold dreary darkness of normal life?

Sailors, we're getting close! The next one "M"ay be from a country where we never had a band from in the past... who could it be?

jeyrow
    Petty Officer

Re: We Couldn't Think of a Title Either...

by jeyrow » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Next: Myrath???
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Never had a Tunisian band... Could it be Myrath?!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Big ol' boo for Psychostick. No, I don't want a taco, stop asking me. (there may be some backstory here)

Myrath is a pretty good guess. I know a lot of people that would be happy about that.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 pm

I WANT A DEATH BURGER!!! With CHEESE! And FRIES! AND NACHOS!!

Psychostick is going to be so damn awesome!

If Myrath were booked I might see part of one of their sets. The music is highly entertaining, but the vocals leave little to be desired.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Wish Melechesh haven't played back in 2015...
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Awesome addition! Reminds me of M.O.D.
    Myrath would be nice, but at this point it’s more likely to be a band from Azerbaijan or something...
    Last edited by Godflesh on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:42 pm

I mean, come oooon.....

I was expecting PARADISE LOST, the pioneers of gothic metal, the Godfathers of Misery in Metal....

and you give me the most funny band EVER?!?

I'll take Psychostick!

That M better be for Myrath!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 pm

cegr80 wrote:I mean, come oooon.....

I was expecting PARADISE LOST, the pioneers of gothic metal, the Godfathers of Misery in Metal....

and you give me the most funny band EVER?!?

I'll take Psychostick!

That M better be for Myrath!

Well, Nick was actually funny a few times the last time he was on!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:55 pm

Myrath seems the obvious bet for the next one.

Never heard Psychostick before, any references? Are they that fun to watch?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:46 am

bodomdragon wrote:Myrath seems the obvious bet for the next one.

All I know about Psychostick is they have that beyond irritating 'Beer is Good' song that plays pretty much daily on my local rock radio station. No thanks
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:41 am

I’d rather have a taco than Psychostick onbroad. :roll:
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 am

bodomdragon wrote:Myrath seems the obvious bet for the next one.

They're a joke band that plays in the style of what's more popular for metal/hard rock on American radio, which they're kind of satirizing. They do a parody of Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, for instance. They also have a ton of entertaining music videos on YouTube. I've seen them live, and it's a good, fun time, something that makes sense for a big boat full of drunken, partying metalheads. :beerbang:

https://www.youtube.com/user/RobOfPsychostick

Fun fact, we give taco emojis at my work as part of some coworker appreciation thing. Before they made me change it, my Slack emoji was a photo of the Psychostik dude holding up a taco.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Around the World in 70000 Ways

by Andy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:50 am

Every year since our maiden voyage, we have gotten so much love from our Mexican Sailors, but we have never hosted a band from this beautiful country... until now!

Please welcome MAJESTIC DOWNFALL, the first band ever from Mexico to play onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Up next we have a fantastic surprise... 3 bands from 3 different genres who come from 3 different continents! Do you have any clue who it may be?

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Around the World in 70000 Ways

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:09 am

Ok so my M guess/wish of Master's Hammer wasnt correct. However its still possible. Has 70000 ever had any Czech bands?
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:12 am

Psychostick

Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:15 am

Ok, so no Myrath...

The current 'clues' make it virtually impossible to guess the next three bands. I'd love one of them to be Australian prog metallers Voyager, but that's more of a wish than an actual guess.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 am

Majestic Downfall

Never heard about them, so I tried the first song I came across on YouTube. Turned out that this shit is seriously fucking good!! And so, they get a:
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:35 am

3 band lottery

Be'lakor (Australia - Melodic Death Metal), Selbst (Chile - Black Metal), Harakiri for the sky (Austria - Post-Doom Metal)
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:40 am

3 bands, 3 differents genres, 3 continents,
    no clue..

America : Scour with Anselmo ( due to facebook post) is that thrash!! never listened to this...lol
    Europe : Satyricon (feeling ) black
    Asia : Loudness ( no clue at all ) old heavy

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 am

No use in guessing names we know now - this is the Cripper portion.

I'll have to give Majestic Downfall a listen, they sound like they've won a few people over.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 am

Phoenix wrote:No use in guessing names we know now - this is the Cripper portion.

Yup. I'll be shocked if I've ever heard of the three that get announced next.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:09 am

Gratch wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:No use in guessing names we know now - this is the Cripper portion.

Yup. I'll be shocked if I've ever heard of the three that get announced next.

right...we are short of " big " names since a while :whisky: :whisky: :whisky:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:09 am

Phoenix wrote:I'll have to give Majestic Downfall a listen, they sound like they've won a few people over.

Looking at the bands you usually like, I'm not sure this is really going to be your thing. I'd even say that most people here won't enjoy them too much, as for me I love their doom/death mixture.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 am

I actually really like this. It's really heavy and moody. I don't know if I'll get around to either set, but I'd check them out, schedule permitting.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:56 am

really enjoying MAJETIC DOWNFALL.
    will def. try to catch some of a set
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 am

Count me in for a 3am brooding pool deck set.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:37 am

Majestic Downfall is pretty decent. I'll try to catch a set. I'm pretty happy with the lineup so it's all gravy from here. Not expecting to know any of the remaining bands anyway.
    I should get around to updating my signature
Post Reply 2628 posts