Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 75 Nations!

by deathmetalpat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:08 pm

2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Ha, so I came here to see if the traditional thread had been made yet. Or is it mainly FB? Anyway, they had some pretty tame specimens. Nobody just sprawled out on the floor or pretending to fart on anybody.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Image

Is that a reference to Tom Brady and his brood of LOSERS?
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Image

Why did this photo take so long to happen?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JamieS
    Crewman

Re: Jamming With Waters in 2018 – Setlist Revealed!

by JamieS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 am

deathmetalpat wrote:2020 will be 10 year anniversary and I think the cruise to due for a major upgrade.

When Andy mentioned the boat for next year, he said something like "We'll be back on Independence of the Seas one more time," which made me wonder if they're seeking a bigger boat for 2020.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 am

JamieS wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:2020 will be 10 year anniversary and I think the cruise to due for a major upgrade.

When Andy mentioned the boat for next year, he said something like "We'll be back on Independence of the Seas one more time," which made me wonder if they're seeking a bigger boat for 2020.

I thought the same here
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am

While Royal Caribbean has 2 classes of ships larger than the Freedom class...which Independence of the Seas falls under...I just don't see them ever doing so.

The Quantum class ships do not sail out of Florida and it does not have an ice rink. It does have a really nice lounge that would be much better than the Pyramid.

The Oasis class sail out of Florida however they have a split pool deck which would make it impossible to build the "World's Largest Cruise Ship Stage". They do have a large aqua arena at the back of the ship which is cool and there is an ice rink.

JamieS wrote:

2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:20 pm

meshuggah wrote:Is that a reference to Tom Brady and his brood of LOSERS?

I don't reference sports.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:37 pm

mbob wrote:While Royal Caribbean has 2 classes of ships larger than the Freedom class...which Independence of the Seas falls under...I just don't see them ever doing so.

The Quantum class ships do not sail out of Florida and it does not have an ice rink. It does have a really nice lounge that would be much better than the Pyramid.

The Oasis class sail out of Florida however they have a split pool deck which would make it impossible to build the "World's Largest Cruise Ship Stage". They do have a large aqua arena at the back of the ship which is cool and there is an ice rink.

JamieS wrote:

I agree that the biggest ships would be a problem,they also only have mostly 7 night trips with a couple of 3 nights but no 4.A ship can’t just sit empty for even a day.Other cruise lines would be a possibility but a few Carinval ships that are bigger have bad top design for stages also.I did read that eventually the cruise lines want to retrofit a ship specially for music cruises(so you have to use that ship).A better layout and easy to switch back to a regular cruising.The next to last cruise before 70k was a music cruise (Christian Rock) so it had to be funny for the people working on the ship.God-Normies-Satan!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Well the Aqua Theater would make for an amazing additional stage - the layout basically begs for having a stage there.
    It's probably not big enough to replace the pool stage though, so this would most likely be a showstopper.
    I also doubt they'd want to charter one of their biggest ships.

Anyway, looking forward to what Andy comes up with.
    He'd probably be able to sell out a second boat by now...
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Probably not, but I wonder if they could possibly make a (temporary) cover on top of one of the big gaps on the top deck of the Oasis class to accommodate setting up a top deck stage. I'm not an engineer but I'm just going to assume no.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:54 pm

You guys think the Super Bowl being in Miami in 2020 will effect the cruise any.
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Hulk RT wrote:You guys think the Super Bowl being in Miami in 2020 will effect the cruise any.

It might. I would expect airline tickets and hotel prices to skyrocket around Super Bowl time. Would be good to not have the cruise that weekend.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Guys, never fly Air Canada. This has been the worst experience.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Phoenix wrote:Guys, never fly Air Canada. This has been the worst experience.

https://youtu.be/OOoklqEDlFw?t=4m38s
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 am

Can't be as bad as TAP. Fuck me and my legs.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Hulk RT wrote:You guys think the Super Bowl being in Miami in 2020 will effect the cruise any.

It might. I would expect airline tickets and hotel prices to skyrocket around Super Bowl time. Would be good to not have the cruise that weekend.

Agreed that it would be good to move the dates off Super Bowl weekend. Things get stupidly expensive around the Super Bowl
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 am

Hulk RT wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Agreed that it would be good to move the dates off Super Bowl weekend. Things get stupidly expensive around the Super Bowl

Push it forwards a few weeks and get it to Canadian reading week! A uni student can dream...........
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Can't be as bad as TAP. Fuck me and my legs.

Avoid Latam.

Had a terrible experience, but it could've been worse (as it was for many people in the same flight)... long history
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Their New Slogan is
    “The Fly PeopleKind
    But we’re not kind to people “
    says it all :P
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Having the cruise over Super Bowl weekend just sucks anyway. I'd would have much rather have had the Super Bowl festivities as a separate event in my schedule. My Eagles just won the fucking super bowl for the first time ever and I could barely even watch the game because there were must see bands and other things going on during that time frame.

The second-to-last / last week of January was perfect back in the day. But honestly though, it's not the biggest deal. Whenever the cruise happens I'll be there.

I miss you fuckers already. TAKE ME BACK
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm

The Super Bowl should not have any effect for international travelers.The rooms up until Thursday don’t get all that expensive and I doubt many people from Europe and Latin/South America fly in to see the game.Domestic people flying home the on Monday will have to pay more and probably will have a hard time flying home.Super Bowl people will already be booked before Andy gets around to selling tickets for 2020.That is the biggest problem.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:08 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:The Super Bowl should not have any effect for international travelers.The rooms up until Thursday don’t get all that expensive and I doubt many people from Europe and Latin/South America fly in to see the game.Domestic people flying home the on Monday will have to pay more and probably will have a hard time flying home.Super Bowl people will already be booked before Andy gets around to selling tickets for 2020.That is the biggest problem.

Yes but not many internationals can fly direct into Florida. For us Aussies its usually Australia-LA-Miami, Australia-Dallas-Miami, etc.

So those internal connecting flights into Miami or FLL will be stupid expensive.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Despite some ups and downs, it was another great time.

It's amazing to me how much I can still learn after 7 cruises. Thanks to those made my time enjoyable. I'd also like to thank the numerous others that reminded me just how dark my heart truly is and how much I really fucking loathe humanity.
    :death: :twisted:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:25 pm

EvilDan wrote: how dark my heart truly is and how much I really fucking loathe humanity.
    :death: :twisted:

Well yes, because otherwise we'd have to call you UnicornsAndRainbowsDan, and I don't think it would work.....

:3drunks:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 pm

If nothing else, maybe it would be a good idea to move the pre-party up to the Riptide, to avoid the shitshow in Miami.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 am

deathmetalpat wrote:
    mbob wrote:While Royal Caribbean has 2 classes of ships larger than the Freedom class...which Independence of the Seas falls under...I just don't see them ever doing so.

JamieS wrote:
    I agree that the biggest ships would be a problem,they also only have mostly 7 night trips with a couple of 3 nights but no 4.A ship can’t just sit empty for even a day.Other cruise lines would be a possibility but a few Carinval ships that are bigger have bad top design for stages also.

Yep. Much as I'd love the cruise to move to a Carnival ship -- frankly, they do a lot of stuff better than Royal does at a lower price -- their Conquest class ships don't have the top-deck architecture to allow for a good pool-deck stage (they have stepped terraces, which are awesome for "dive-in movie" watching but not so good for a big stage).

The next to last cruise before 70k was a music cruise (Christian Rock) so it had to be funny for the people working on the ship.God-Normies-Satan!

God-Normies-Satan-God-DadRock. The cruise after ours included a group of 1,000 "Apostolics At Sea" and then I think it's the Rock Legends full-boat charter after THAT. :lol:

(I wouldn't mind going on Rock Legends, either. Blue Oyster Cult and Zebra........)
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:31 am

Bands announcements yet?

No?

ok :roll:
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:01 am

Just for information shake if you wanted the Miami Vice looking Insomnium shirt from the boat. They reprinted more and are for sale on http://www.backstagerockshop.com. I believe its just a print of the front so it wouldn't be a boat shirt but its still a cool looking shirt.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 am

Downvod wrote:If nothing else, maybe it would be a good idea to move the pre-party up to the Riptide, to avoid the shitshow in Miami.

I wish they could, but we were just TOO MANY people in 2015. The Broadwalk can't handle us.

Also that's where the afterparty was this year and I was told it got REAL lame after 8pm.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 am

Just for information shake if you wanted the Miami Vice looking Insomnium shirt from the boat. They reprinted more and are for sale on http://www.backstagerockshop.com. I believe its just a print of the front so it wouldn't be a boat shirt but its still a cool looking shirt.

I got this shirt on the boat and there was only a front print, no mention of it being specific to 70k.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:04 am

Hulk RT wrote:Just for information shake if you wanted the Miami Vice looking Insomnium shirt from the boat. They reprinted more and are for sale on http://www.backstagerockshop.com. I believe its just a print of the front so it wouldn't be a boat shirt but its still a cool looking shirt.

Wish Dark Tranquillity would do that with their tanktop. That was the one shirt I really wanted, but no way I could have moved out of my bed early on Day 2.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Hulk RT wrote:Just for information shake if you wanted the Miami Vice looking Insomnium shirt from the boat. They reprinted more and are for sale on http://www.backstagerockshop.com. I believe its just a print of the front so it wouldn't be a boat shirt but its still a cool looking shirt.

Wish Dark Tranquillity would do that with their tanktop. That was the one shirt I really wanted, but no way I could have moved out of my bed early on Day 2.

Yeah I missed out on a few shirts I really wanted because I didn't get to sleep until after 5 am on Friday and by the time I got a ticket it was above 1100. Im still happy with the shirts I got and got a hoodie this year which I love so. Next year maybe I will pay my cousin to sleep in the hall to get me a number or something. :mrgreen:
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:19 am

JoAnnamayhem wrote:Just for information shake if you wanted the Miami Vice looking Insomnium shirt from the boat. They reprinted more and are for sale on http://www.backstagerockshop.com. I believe its just a print of the front so it wouldn't be a boat shirt but its still a cool looking shirt.

I got this shirt on the boat and there was only a front print, no mention of it being specific to 70k.

That's my mistake then. I thought it was suppose to be.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Phoenix wrote:

:( If I had of known I would have grabbed one for you :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:06 am

Phoenix wrote:

The trick is to NOT go to sleep before you got your shirts and stuff #ticket0068 :P
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:56 am

TPH wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

The trick is to NOT go to sleep before you got your shirts and stuff #ticket0068 :P

I had a migraine night 1 - only night I was in bed before 3, I couldn't function any more.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am

cowboy71 wrote:we'd have to call you UnicornsAndRainbowsDan, and I don't think it would work.....

:3drunks:

Good point. :cheers:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks to UMC, Andy, Allison,Caitlyn, Vincent and all the volunteers,RC and all that put this little thing together.
    Thanks to the fans and bands--everyone was so well behaved this year... :cheers:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:10 am

it was a pleasure this year...veryvery great shows.... :stagger: :stagger:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Post Reply 2628 posts