Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread

by Sgt. B » Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Still got a ways to go to be 'worse' than the 2013 cruise.

2013 cruise first announcements dropped on the 27th of June.

Andy was also trying to sell Barge to Hell at that time.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:26 am

I need announcements, like a junkie needs his fix!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 22, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm cool with the wait. Gives me more time to find a new job. Since I don't have one at the moment, and damned if I miss the one year In Vain plays...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:17 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm cool with the wait. Gives me more time to find a new job. Since I don't have one at the moment, and damned if I miss the one year In Vain plays...

I'm cool with the wait too.

A) Because I'm bringing the kids this time it will be more costly so it give me more time to save up for it; and
    B) Because it increases the chance of Phoenix being on broad :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I'm cool with the wait too.

A) Because I'm bringing the kids this time it will be more costly so it give me more time to save up for it; and

Chances just went way way up :D

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm cool with the wait too.

Chances just went way way up :D

:bangers: YAY!!! :D

If my records are correct 7th of July is the latest first-band-announcement we've had (for the 2017 cruise). Best situation we've had is that for the first cruise by this time of year we knew 17 bands on the lineup (18 if you count Stratovarius who were announced, but then withdrew).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Heya Dallas!
    I was having a sticky beak at your wish list.
    Circus-Maximus?

I had to check them out instantly.
    Ok, I'm right on it. Never heard of them before. Damn cool.

But, back to whenever the first announcement is going to be....I was way off.
    July would suit me just fine.
    Tasmania for Dark MoFo is in June.

:boobs:

But, I just wish the dates/destination/ship info was up already.
    So I can lock in the dates.
    Beg for time off work etc haha

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Cardest wrote:But, I just wish the dates/destination/ship info was up already.
    So I can lock in the dates.
    Beg for time off work etc haha

Dude, this data has been up for 3 months on both the 70K website and Facebook.
    But I appreciate your metal spirit, and I also make a point to only post here when I’m wasted :givebeer:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 am

Oh really?

I don't see the dates anywhere!

Mighta missed it.

It still says Turks etc.
    Hopeless website.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu May 31, 2018 4:14 am

Ok my bad...

Survivors! I am looking forward to welcoming you back on board for Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise sailing from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to Labadee and back, January 31 – February 4, 2019.

Thank you and Cheers!

Your Skipper

I see it now!!

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:09 pm

Cardest wrote:Heya Dallas!
    I was having a sticky beak at your wish list.
    Circus-Maximus?

I had to check them out instantly.
    Ok, I'm right on it. Never heard of them before. Damn cool.

Yeah Circus Maximus would fill that Threshold-y prog-rock-metal niche on the cruise nicely :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • LinzerKracken
    Wiper

by LinzerKracken » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:58 pm

There might be 61 bands here, but this is my 2019 wishlist!

Adagio/Stephan Forte (France)
    Alestorm (Scotland)
    Amorphis (Finland)
    Angra (Brazil)
    Aryeon (Holland)
    Beast in Black (Finland)
    Blind Guardian (Germany)
    Bloodbound (Sweden)
    Children of Bodom (Finland)
    Dark Moor (Spain)
    Derdian (Italy)
    Devin Townsend (Canada)
    Dragonland (Sweden)
    Dread Crew of Oddwood (USA)
    Dream Therter (USA)
    Dreamtale (Finland)
    Elvenking (Italy)
    Enforcer (Sweden)
    Ensiferium (Finland)
    Epica (Holland)
    Exmortus (USA)
    Fairyland (France)
    Firewind/GusG (Greece)
    Follow The Cipher (Sweden)
    Ghost (Sweden)
    GloryHammer (Switzerland)
    Hammerfall (Sweden)
    Havok (USA)
    Helloween (Germany)
    Hibria (Brazil)
    Holy Grail (USA)
    Jag Panzer (USA)
    Kamelot (USA/UK)
    King Diamond (Denmark)
    Magic Kingdom (Belgium)
    Orden Ogan (Germany)
    Orphaned Land (Israel)
    Pagan's Mind (Norway)
    Pathfinder (Poland)
    Power Quest (UK)
    Powerglove (USA)
    Powerwolf (Germany)
    Rage (Germany)
    ReinXeed (Sweden)
    Rhapsody of Fire (Italy)
    RiotV (USA)
    Running Wild (Germany)
    Savatage (USA)
    Star One (Holland)
    Starkill (USA)
    Steel Panther (USA)
    Stratovarius (Finland)
    Symphony X (USA)
    Twilight Force (Sweden)
    Tyr (Denmark)
    Unleash the Archers (Canada)
    Vision Divine (Italy)
    White Wizzard (USA)
    Wind Rose (Italy)
    Wintersun (Finland)
    Wisdom (Hungary)
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:40 am

We also need some Hell on board!

:)

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Website has been updated slightly.

Now has the 2019 destination and dates on the homepage, and has information about Labadee under the Events page.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 am

cowboy71 wrote:Website has been updated slightly.

Now has the 2019 destination and dates on the homepage, and has information about Labadee under the Events page.

And the background picture was changed as well. It's coming!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Website has been updated slightly.

And I guessed June 4th as the date for the first announcement! Whoopie! :headbanger:

Pity it's not really an announcement, just a long-overdue update. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:00 pm

They haven't updated the booking info yet and still have the 2018 bands listed so a ways to go yet.

But activity is definitely amping up on Facebook and with the website so we cannot be too far away from that magical first announcement :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:36 pm

cowboy71 wrote:They haven't updated the booking info yet and still have the 2018 bands listed so a ways to go yet.

But activity is definitely amping up on Facebook and with the website so we cannot be too far away from that magical first announcement :)

SOOOOOOOoooOOOooooooOOOooooOOOOOooooooon.

--Maybe. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Surprised Andy hasn't created the " Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019" thread yet too.

Quit slacking off skipper!!! :lol: :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Surprised Andy hasn't created the " Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019" thread yet too.

Remember, last year we only got the “Soon...” post the day before the announcements.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Surprised Andy hasn't created the " Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019" thread yet too.

Remember, last year we only got the “Soon...” post the day before the announcements.

Yeah, but the thread was updated to Official 70000 Tons 2018 way earlier, in April I think.

I noticed there is a new notification that pops up on the main page involving the use of cookies. Maybe they have been working on updating the site?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:38 pm

SOON
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Last years first band announcement came when I was flying home Monday after Tuska, that's tomorrow..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Skipper hasn't even created an "OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 MEGATHREAD" so I'm guessing / hoping we are still a couple of weeks away.

Last year we had the '8 months until sailing! Artist lineup SOON!' post on June 1st, first band announced July 3rd, Gold Survivors booking codes sent out 4th July and booking opening up 7th July.

The only other time sales started as late as this was for the 2013 cruise when Barge To Hell was going on around the same time. That year the first ten bands were announced on 26th June, with bookings opening up early July.

My expectation is initial bands maybe this week or next, and bookings opening up the following week.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:05 am

Yeah, I though the Skipper was going to make the Megathread with the 7 Months to Go Announcement. Now I'm worried we're going to see late announcements again.

Ah well, just means I can start getting full paycheques at the new job and have some more time to make decisions.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 am

At least I have been looking at what cabin to get this year.... balcony again???

Man, this place is tumbleweeds...

:?
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Phoenix wrote:Yeah, I though the Skipper was going to make the Megathread with the 7 Months to Go Announcement. Now I'm worried we're going to see late announcements again.

Ah well, just means I can start getting full paycheques at the new job and have some more time to make decisions.

I’m starting to think we could see another breaking change, with e.g. 10 bands announced at once around mid-July.
    Previously there was competition with all the other festivals and cruises that announce better and earlier, but given the blockbuster success last year, perhaps there is no such pressure anymore.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

cowboy71 wrote:Skipper hasn't even created an "OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 MEGATHREAD" so I'm guessing / hoping we are still a couple of weeks away.

Yeah, but I feel like things are a little bit different every year. Last year he updated the megathread almost 3 months before announcements... so, by that logic, announcements won’t start until at least October. I doubt that is the case. If Andy just doesn’t feel like updating it this year, maybe it will just update with the first announcement.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:34 pm

I need something to inspire me to renew my passport
    As one of the few remaining 9 time UMC travelers I just can not get me to get shit done
    Inspire me Andy!!! :bitch:
    Bring on the Bands before it is too late for me to do round 9 and UMC cruise 10 :shred: :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:43 pm

On Andy's info page next to "last visited" there is only a lonely "-". Keeping his visits a secret...hopefully something is in the planning stages for the near future (SOOOOOOON)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:46 pm

206 days to go, 60+ bands to announce. That's almost a band every 3 days!

#brightside

#wishfulthinking

#morelikeabunchofbandsfollowedbytwomonthsofsilencefollowedbyabunchoffiller

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 am

tick tock.....

tick tock........

tick tock.................

Let's announce something already!
    RRaagghhhh!!

SHMILY123
    Oiler

by SHMILY123 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 am

COME ON!!!!! I am not a patient person by nature, and the wait is killing me! It was hard enough waiting for last year's first announcement anniversary. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, ANDY?! :roll:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:25 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON-ish.

:lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am

I'm doing a happy dance because my friend said she wants to come this year. I immediately checked the site, but no announcements yet. Still waitin'.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:37 pm

sara wrote:I'm doing a happy dance because my friend said she wants to come this year. I immediately checked the site, but no announcements yet. Still waitin'.

What? We are getting WATAIN !!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:46 pm

The Australian dollar has risen 1.5 cents against the US dollar in the past week.

That represents a saving of over $200 on the cost of a cabin for me and the kids.

As long as the Aussie dollar keeps climbing like that I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks before booking commences :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:49 am

cowboy71 wrote:...As long as the Aussie dollar keeps climbing like that I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks before booking commences :D

Haha, good point!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The Australian dollar has risen 1.5 cents against the US dollar in the past week.

That represents a saving of over $200 on the cost of a cabin for me and the kids.

As long as the Aussie dollar keeps climbing like that I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks before booking commences :D

I just did the math. Good god, man. I knew that this was an expensive trip for you Aussies, but.... *head explodes*
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:35 pm

what not even a 200 days to go post? and Andy hasn't been on since whenever ….. wtf is up? Is SLAYER our first announcement? tune in tomorrow for our next no announcement and speculate on it's meaning! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • Post Reply 2628 posts