The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    mikijonas
    Crewman

Re: SILVER Booking Codes For 70000TONS OF METAL 2018

by mikijonas » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:01 am

Do you guys know MELODIUS DEITE from Thailand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyJmK2XbKaI

:shred: :shred: :shred:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:27 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:For Japanese bands, I'll take Shadow and Sigh, Yellow Machinegun would be alright, and Loyal To The Grave would rule (or a State Craft reunion) but not many fans of real hardcore on the ship, so they'd be VERY unlikely.
    Hop over to China and gimme Black Kirin or Frosty Eve

I forgot all about Shadow. I remember buying their selftitled in HS then never really heard from them again

they did a 2nd album a while back that was great... don't hear much about them, but last I knew they're still active
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:29 am

Phoenix wrote:I should probably take all of these down - I love the metal bands that come out of Asia. They usually have a really great spin on the genre.

What we're saying Andy, is to consider more bands from Taiwan, Japan, China, India, and so on.

see also: Shangren and early Blood Stain Child (first 2 albums were great Finnish style melodeath, then they started letting their Japanese roots blend in and it got very techno dance melodeath raveweird)
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 am

Intestine Baalism is awesome(Japanese band)
    10 Wishlist bands I've never seen live:
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

Survivor: Barge To Hell,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, 2020, 2023
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 am

I'd love to see Wormrot
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
    TheMightyBattlePenis
    Oiler

by TheMightyBattlePenis » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:06 am

Fastkill is the best thrash band from Japan, I hope Andy knows about them.
    Forcefully ravaged and pillaged 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:05 am

TheMightyBattlePenis wrote:Fastkill is the best thrash band from Japan, I hope Andy knows about them.

I just read your name. Made me chuckle. Haven't heard of Fastkill. I'll take a look
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Japan has sick bands. What about Church Of Misery

Church of Misery rules! Saw them 5 years ago in Tampa at the Scion Rock Fest.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:51 pm

TheMightyBattlePenis wrote:Fastkill is the best thrash band from Japan, I hope Andy knows about them.

Had fastkill on my wish list killer stuff. Gargoyle is really good too
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: We’re Sailing To The Promised Land

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm definitely feeling pangs of jealousy at all these posts about booking confirmations etc as this is the most likely I've ever been to not being able to attend :(

Just as long as the number of bands I have to colour white in my signature doesn't grow too large, I'll be relatively okay with that.

Dallas, I'm in a similar situation, but for a COMPLETELY different reason, almost opposite.
    I like enough bands so far, but I'm still waiting for my "boarding" band, the band I've been lucky to see announced early in the past 3 years.
    I know, like Twilightgirl said, it happens every year anyway, I should trust Andy, and the unknown bands are the best part, but like everybody else it's a big commitment for my family (especially if you include being sick a week after return like many people did last year :evil: ), so I need at least one "boarding band" that will make it all worthwhile, and so far it has been very close but no cigar.

Oh come on dude, quit bitching and start booking!
    I've decided to book without waiting. I think listening to Wolfheart threw me over the majority for bands I like so far in the lineup, I really like them, and I know there will be many more discoveries like this.

Even if the "B" band is Blond Guardian rather than Behemoth, I'll be happy to hear the dude sing in the All Star Jam like last time.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:12 am

Yeah totally not gonna happen for me next year. Will return some time in the future - maybe in 2020 for 70000 Tons of Metal #10?

But next year - nope. Not unless I can magically make a whole bunch of money appear :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:45 am

Godflesh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I'm definitely feeling pangs of jealousy at all these posts about booking confirmations etc as this is the most likely I've ever been to not being able to attend :(

Just as long as the number of bands I have to colour white in my signature doesn't grow too large, I'll be relatively okay with that.

Oh come on dude, quit bitching and start booking!
    I've decided to book without waiting. I think listening to Wolfheart threw me over the majority for bands I like so far in the lineup, I really like them, and I know there will be many more discoveries like this.

Even if the "B" band is Blond Guardian rather than Behemoth, I'll be happy to hear the dude sing in the All Star Jam like last time.

I think nobody takes the Statsman too seriously every time he says he's not going next year... just give it some time until he changes his mind again. Wanna bet? :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:07 am

I know it's never really too predictable, but it does seem like an odd time to halt announcements for 4 days, with the next round of sales approaching on Monday...
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:10 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I think nobody takes the Statsman too seriously every time he says he's not going next year... just give it some time until he changes his mind again. Wanna bet? :)

HAHAHA - yeah a bit like the old "boy who cried wolf" tale :P

Not this time buddy - really gonna miss you guys as I really won't be there next year. Even if Running Wild and Within Temptation got added to the lineup :P :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • MasterMcDuff
    Oiler

by MasterMcDuff » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Downvod wrote:I know it's never really too predictable, but it does seem like an odd time to halt announcements for 4 days, with the next round of sales approaching on Monday...

I was really hoping for 1 or 2 more before I was "forced" to book on Monday :D
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm guessing one will be announced either Sunday or just before silver sale open on Monday.

:headbanger:
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
  • bratoutofhell
    Wiper

by bratoutofhell » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:19 am

BE'LAKOR PLEASE

Benighted or Beyond Creation would work too.
    Be'lakor // Beyond Creation // Helstar // Skull Fist // Iskald // Eternal Champion // Deicide // Symphony X // Tau Cross // Magrudergrind (I can dream okay) // Immolation // Spawn of Possession // Mortem (Peru)
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:23 am

I won't be surprised if we don't get any more announcements until after silver booking has started. With ticket sales going as well as they seem to be this year I doubt UMC wants to risk the possibility of not having any cabins available before public sales even begin. If they have a few more big announcements up their sleeve they may even hold of on those until after public sales have opened up.

I know lots of people have been saying that UMC needs to introduce a new platinum category to prevent the server issues on opening day of booking. But that would be like running a race and having the finish line moved on you just as your about to cross it (and I'm not only saying that because this will be my third cruise lol).

I think a better way of doing things would be to open up gold booking before band announcements even begin. You'd get that first wave of people who are going to book no matter what out of the way first. After a couple days band announcements could begin and then the second wave of golds who are only going to book based on the lineup could get their shot at booking early.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:13 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:I won't be surprised if we don't get any more announcements until after silver booking has started. With ticket sales going as well as they seem to be this year I doubt UMC wants to risk the possibility of not having any cabins available before public sales even begin. If they have a few more big announcements up their sleeve they may even hold of on those until after public sales have opened up.

I know lots of people have been saying that UMC needs to introduce a new platinum category to prevent the server issues on opening day of booking. But that would be like running a race and having the finish line moved on you just as your about to cross it (and I'm not only saying that because this will be my third cruise lol).

I think a better way of doing things would be to open up gold booking before band announcements even begin. You'd get that first wave of people who are going to book no matter what out of the way first. After a couple days band announcements could begin and then the second wave of golds who are only going to book based on the lineup could get their shot at booking early.

If booking is solid with no announcements, then Andy could save money and book bands like Stuck Mojo and Dead Cross.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:17 am

meshuggah wrote:If booking is solid with no announcements, then Andy could save money and book bands like Stuck Mojo and Dead Cross.

There's a couple silly assumptions there. The first one is that everyone who's gone in the past always wants to go every year, and therefore the ship will be sold-out before public sales. It's never happened before, and I doubt it happens this year. There's a core of people who do go every year, but I would call them a loud minority. The do seem to pick up the cheap rooms, though.

And yes, we crashed the site. This thing runs on WordPress and other free web software. It's not meant for spikes in traffic. Some very large sites do run on WP and handle it, but they're owned by companies who pay sys admin guys lots and lots of money.

The second silly assumption is that UMC would only care about booking full one year and not worry about any of the next. If they booked all shit bands, hardly anyone would come back. They'd get the money easily in the first year and be fucked all the rest.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

200 Days Until Sailing!

by Andy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:57 am

In exactly 200 Days you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, sailing with 60 Metal Bands and 2999 other Metalheads from around the World on a 154,000ton Cruise Ship to our Caribbean dream destination Grand Turk!

GOLD and SILVER Survivors, don’t miss out on your chance to book early! You can use your SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking until Public Sales start.

The Public Sales Date will be announced soon!

bleedingkyo
    Oiler

by bleedingkyo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:

I don't think it will sell out before public sales, but the gold booking this year was much more difficult than last year.....or we got really lucky last year.

Yeah opening another category would feel like that.. Even though it wouldn't really effect me as I book with people who are well into gold and some of them have been on every cruise. I don't think thats the answer and it would piss a lot of people off. I like the idea of opening booking before band announcements. Me and most of my friends go regardless of the line up, and if they don't go its because of money...not lineup. I think there is a good chunk of people like that and it would kind of "split up" the gold bookings. But it might lead to more people selling cabins later on..because people might book "just in case" then be unhappy with the lineup and decide not to go.
    2016- Cabin 6223
    2017- Cabin 2313
    2018- Cabin 9272
    2019- Abandoned ship
    2020- Cabin 8604
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 pm

sara wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:If booking is solid with no announcements, then Andy could save money and book bands like Stuck Mojo and Dead Cross.

There's a couple silly assumptions there. The first one is that everyone who's gone in the past always wants to go every year, and therefore the ship will be sold-out before public sales. It's never happened before, and I doubt it happens this year. There's a core of people who do go every year, but I would call them a loud minority. The do seem to pick up the cheap rooms, though.

And yes, we crashed the site. This thing runs on WordPress and other free web software. It's not meant for spikes in traffic. Some very large sites do run on WP and handle it, but they're owned by companies who pay sys admin guys lots and lots of money.

The second silly assumption is that UMC would only care about booking full one year and not worry about any of the next. If they booked all shit bands, hardly anyone would come back. They'd get the money easily in the first year and be fucked all the rest.

It was a completely cynical post I made, not really thinking for a second that UMC would actually do this. Apologies to anyone who took this seriously. We wouldn't miss 70K for anything!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I think nobody takes the Statsman too seriously every time he says he's not going next year... just give it some time until he changes his mind again. Wanna bet? :)

HAHAHA - yeah a bit like the old "boy who cried wolf" tale :P

Not this time buddy - really gonna miss you guys as I really won't be there next year. Even if Running Wild and Within Temptation got added to the lineup :P :(

Your car didn't cost a bajillion dollars to fix - I ain't gonna rule you out yet :P

You can't rule anyone out yet. I still need 2,500 in dental work but I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled in November and see what I can dig up.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:55 am

bleedingkyo wrote:
    Hoppy McGee wrote:

I don't think it will sell out before public sales, but the gold booking this year was much more difficult than last year.....or we got really lucky last year.

Yeah opening another category would feel like that.. Even though it wouldn't really effect me as I book with people who are well into gold and some of them have been on every cruise. I don't think thats the answer and it would piss a lot of people off. I like the idea of opening booking before band announcements. Me and most of my friends go regardless of the line up, and if they don't go its because of money...not lineup. I think there is a good chunk of people like that and it would kind of "split up" the gold bookings. But it might lead to more people selling cabins later on..because people might book "just in case" then be unhappy with the lineup and decide not to go.

I think everyone should keep the status(gold,silver),but the change should be from UMC. Instead of adding another class(which is Royal Caribbean's thing),give out booking codes by seniority. Those who have been on all cruises or all 70K's first,then go from there. We're getting to the point where we have a majority of Gold members. Something should be discussed.
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

Re: 200 Days Until Sailing!

by Tono_Fyr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:33 am

The only real solution is a larger boat with more rooms. It's what happened last time The Boat was selling out of most of the available rooms too quickly. We moved from the Majesty to the higher class of ship that we're currently on. Also, this is my first year as a Gold member and yeah, I'd be pissed if they suddenly yanked that shit out from under me. :P

Personally, I'd be down for 90 bands and 5000 fans.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:The only real solution is a larger boat with more rooms. It's what happened last time The Boat was selling out of most of the available rooms too quickly. We moved from the Majesty to the higher class of ship that we're currently on. Also, this is my first year as a Gold member and yeah, I'd be pissed if they suddenly yanked that shit out from under me. :P

Personally, I'd be down for 90 bands and 5000 fans.

Probably 2019's announcement for 2020.
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 am

90 bands? No way, or the cruise will have to last one full week at the very least, which will have A LOT of consequences (first and foremost much higher price, also hellish schedule and no one will be able to wake up early to see the first bands on the last days, among other things).
    A bigger ship is probably not even needed, as the cruise is advertised as sold-out every year, but they were able to miraculously find an empty cabin for me and roommate 1 during the cruise, when we discovered that roommate 2 was in fact a pig (with all the snoring and smelling) dressed like a man.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 am

TPH wrote:90 bands? No way, or the cruise will have to last one full week at the very least, which will have A LOT of consequences (first and foremost much higher price, also hellish schedule and no one will be able to wake up early to see the first bands on the last days, among other things).
    A bigger ship is probably not even needed, as the cruise is advertised as sold-out every year, but they were able to miraculously find an empty cabin for me and roommate 1 during the cruise, when we discovered that roommate 2 was in fact a pig (with all the snoring and smelling) dressed like a man.

I believe last year it was revealed that several rooms are kept empty to store booze and equipment.

90 bands would be WAY too much, even if they made it a longer cruise. That's too much vacation time for me to take, too many people in a small space, too many bands. I was exhausted after this year, spending almost all of my time at shows. I'd take 45 bands if it meant I'd have more time to socialise.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am

Phoenix wrote:
    TPH wrote:90 bands? No way, or the cruise will have to last one full week at the very least, which will have A LOT of consequences (first and foremost much higher price, also hellish schedule and no one will be able to wake up early to see the first bands on the last days, among other things).

I believe last year it was revealed that several rooms are kept empty to store booze and equipment.

90 bands would be WAY too much, even if they made it a longer cruise. That's too much vacation time for me to take, too many people in a small space, too many bands. I was exhausted after this year, spending almost all of my time at shows. I'd take 45 bands if it meant I'd have more time to socialise.

Less bands would be better. Knock it back to 50,that way there are no overlaps or very minimal.
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

• ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:20 am

TPH wrote:A bigger ship is probably not even needed, as the cruise is advertised as sold-out every year, but they were able to miraculously find an empty cabin for me and roommate 1 during the cruise, when we discovered that roommate 2 was in fact a pig (with all the snoring and smelling) dressed like a man.

That is because the sold out status is dependant on the number of people onbroad, not the number of rooms sold. They do this so there are enough lifeboats for everyone in the case of emergency. We tend to book more people to a cabin than the average cruise, so there are going to be empty cabins that cannot be sold, but can be transferred into if needed.

Phoenix wrote:I believe last year it was revealed that several rooms are kept empty to store booze and equipment.

Yup, comparing the deck plan from 70k and Royal Caribbean, there's about 2 dozen or so rooms on deck 2 that aren't sold, and I assume that's what they're for.
    Last edited by ExtraneouS on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 am

Death tattoo guy wrote:Less bands would be better. Knock it back to 50,that way there are no overlaps or very minimal.

Each band plays twice though. It's fine if there are overlaps, because you can always see who you missed two days later.
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 am

ExtraneouS wrote:
    Death tattoo guy wrote:Less bands would be better. Knock it back to 50,that way there are no overlaps or very minimal.

Each band plays twice though. It's fine if there are overlaps, because you can always see who you missed two days later.

Unless you miss an exclusive set from a band. I would have been a bit pissed if I had missed Unleashed's pool deck set where they played almost their entire set from the first 3 albums.

Nice wishlist by the way. I totally dig!! :shred:
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:42 am

Death tattoo guy wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    Less bands would be better. Knock it back to 50,that way there are no overlaps or very minimal.

There are only about 56 hours that bands are actually playing,with early and late hours.So even with 50 bands playing 2 sets ;a hour each ,you would have to miss 44 hours of music.Having a low number of bands also increases gaps you might not be interested in.In 2014 with rain knocking out the pool deck for the entire day ,leaving only two venues overlapping bands where needed.Unless you want 2,000 people in the tiniest room.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 am

Time to drive myself nuts waiting for the confirmation email that my room is booked.

:smash:
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:35 am

Hulk RT wrote:Time to drive myself nuts waiting for the confirmation email that my room is booked.

:smash:

I'll join you on that! :whisky:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 am

Death tattoo guy wrote:
    Unless you miss an exclusive set from a band.

How often does a band play a different set their 2nd set? The ones I've made it to twice were all the exact same set that I could tell. I'm sure it happens, just not very often.

Also not in favor of reducing the band count below the current 60. Even tho I'm not gung ho about staying up until 0430 AM to hear a set from a band I really want to see, I do it (or try to at least).
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 am

Bob wrote:How often does a band play a different set their 2nd set? The ones I've made it to twice were all the exact same set that I could tell. I'm sure it happens, just not very often.

Quite a bit, actually. Most vary it up a little bit, some do entirely different sets.

Just one example, Amorphis' pool deck set last year was a "greatest hits", and their Theater set was the Eclipse album in it's entirety. I know Draconian played entirely different sets as well. The first was a mix of old and new, and the second was all old-school stuff.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 am

Phoenix wrote:I believe last year it was revealed that several rooms are kept empty to store booze and equipment.

ExtraneouS wrote:That is because the sold out status is dependant on the number of people onbroad, not the number of rooms sold. They do this so there are enough lifeboats for everyone in the case of emergency. We tend to book more people to a cabin than the average cruise, so there are going to be empty cabins that cannot be sold, but can be transferred into if needed.

Yup, comparing the deck plan from 70k and Royal Caribbean, there's about 2 dozen or so rooms on deck 2 that aren't sold, and I assume that's what they're for.

I didn't know this, thanks for explaining! :beerwink:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am

Bob wrote:How often does a band play a different set their 2nd set? The ones I've made it to twice were all the exact same set that I could tell. I'm sure it happens, just not very often.

It depends on the band (recent lineup changes and depth of material) and how often they tour, I think. Saltatio Mortis and Kamelot played identical sets. Mors Principium Est and Scar Symmetry played mostly similar sets but varied a few songs. Amorphis played two drastically different sets.

The rumour (read as "hope") this year is that Insomnium is playing one regular set and one set of Winter's Gate in its entirety. Which would make me sad to miss.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 2628 posts