Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 70 Days Until Sailing!

by Pellaz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:57 pm

meshuggah wrote:Time for Andy's Advent Calendar of Bands!

Which should now include Opeth performing "Advent"....and other old, good songs. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm getting pretty itchy for some band announcements.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:13 pm

70000 Tons should sail every other month. 60 Bands on each, we could have a band announcement virtually every day of the year!
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:13 am

Nothing since November 16? I could have built my own boat AND learned to play guitar in that amount of time! What gives?!
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 am

Bolt_Thrower wrote:Nothing since November 16? I could have built my own boat AND learned to play guitar in that amount of time! What gives?!

This is situation normal for UMC. In fact the steady stream of announcements we got earlier was a welcome change, in past years we have had much larger breaks in announcements, much earlier. There are often large swaths of time with little to no news. Don't worry, they will be coming.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:09 am

Ok. But my boat is half-finished.
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am

Yeah there is plenty of time left to announce bands. They didn’t get to 60 until the last week in January last year I do believe. I’m going to just drink a beer and relax. :cheers:
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 am

Hulk RT wrote:They didn’t get to 60 until the last week in January last year I do believe.

2015 we didn't even have the last band (Wintersun) until we were AT the Beach Party.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Hulk RT wrote:They didn’t get to 60 until the last week in January last year I do believe.

2015 we didn't even have the last band (Wintersun) until we were AT the Beach Party.

A lot of people would hate it, but I'd absolutely love Andy to pull that sort of shit on an annual basis - big name/highly requested band announced literally hours beforehand.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 pm

klons wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

A lot of people would hate it, but I'd absolutely love Andy to pull that sort of shit on an annual basis - big name/highly requested band announced literally hours beforehand.

I’m good with that. Would be a killer idea considering how quick the boat filled up this year. :bangers:
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote:Ok. But my boat is half-finished.

Finish building your boat. Then we can tow it along behind us and use it for emergency backup beer-storage. :lol: :belly:

Last-minute big-name announcement? Watch as Andy announces Amon Amarth during the beach party. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 pm

I am fine with a late big name announcement, but for my 70K Band app I need to have the final lineup announced and the show schedule released a few days before the cruise.

The year winter sun was announced I remember well. The iPhone version of the app was in beta only, I had push notifications enabled only days before sail and I think it was install on maybe a dozen phones at most. I had gotten the push notification announcing Winter Sun and was at dinner with a bunch of Aussies in Hollywood beach. I just started yelling Wintersun is playing and everyone was like WTF are you talking about :)

As much as I would love to have a repeat of the memory, I would prefer time to get the schedule available to everyone without having too much of a mad dash to slam the data in :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Pellaz wrote:Last-minute big-name announcement? Watch as Andy announces Amon Amarth during the beach party. :lol:

We had this exact same discussion last year :P Sure would be nice, but Statsman looked it up, the trend for "last 70k announcement" is never all that exciting. I think the two most exciting ones were Wintersun and maybe Overkill as the extra band last year?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Phoenix wrote:We had this exact same discussion last year :P Sure would be nice, but Statsman looked it up, the trend for "last 70k announcement" is never all that exciting. I think the two most exciting ones were Wintersun and maybe Overkill as the extra band last year?

I hear Jari is in the works of crowfunding to build his own ship for a wintersun cruise!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 am

Monmisreal wrote:I hear Jari is in the works of crowfunding to build his own ship for a wintersun cruise!

It's just a floating sauna for naked karaoke. The Wintersun cruise is the stretch goal.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:19 am

acidbasement wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:I hear Jari is in the works of crowfunding to build his own ship for a wintersun cruise!

It's just a floating sauna for naked karaoke. The Wintersun cruise is the stretch goal.

:lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

acidbasement wrote:

:lol: BRUTAL. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 pm

There's a norovirus outbreak on Independence's current sailing. They should have it taken care of by the time 70K rolls around, though.
    Anthem of the Seas had one recently too, over several sailings. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Pellaz wrote:There's a norovirus outbreak on Independence's current sailing. They should have it taken care of by the time 70K rolls around, though.

Sounds like Pestilence might sail with us after all </rimshot>

You were right, it’s high time Andy takes us out of our misery, or we’ll all end up getting scurvy watching this empty forum :trashdrink:
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:24 am

Come on, it's only been one month without updates, and we still have less than 50 days left before the cruise. If it's not a perfect 70000Tons' SNAFU case, I don't know what it is :mrgreen:

And I sense updates coming SOON™
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:There's a norovirus outbreak on Independence's current sailing. They should have it taken care of by the time 70K rolls around, though.

:lol: :lol:
    You were right, it’s high time Andy takes us out of our misery, or we’ll all end up getting scurvy watching this empty forum :trashdrink:

Wait, is Scurvy playing? Have you heard something? :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:37 pm

When isn't there? I'd be honestly more shocked if there wasn't some sort of outbreak just before we set sail. :P
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Wait, is Scurvy playing? Have you heard something? :lol:

Polly want a beatdown!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:50 am

It’s that time now when almost everybody at work has taken off until next year, but there are still 10 days before Christmas.
    It’s the PERFECT time for band announcements.
    Sailors, let’s hope Andy’s will be the next post after this one.
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 am

I’m tired of waiting so I’m making my own announcement. Band #46 is none other than...

DR. TEETH and THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM!!!

• stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote:I’m tired of waiting so I’m making my own announcement. Band #46 is none other than...

Definitely a two setter for me. Animal is one of the most underrated drummers of all time. Also, Zoot went uncredited for his brilliant saxophone playing on the last few Ihsahn albums (at least that is the rumor).
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Plus they do a mean cover of Bohemian Rhapsody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

stevep52 wrote:
    Bolt_Thrower wrote:I’m tired of waiting so I’m making my own announcement. Band #46 is none other than...

Definitely a two setter for me. Animal is one of the most underrated drummers of all time. Also, Zoot went uncredited for his brilliant saxophone playing on the last few Ihsahn albums (at least that is the rumor).
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Better then ALL the death metal/extreme metal bands already booked...

:P

Fight Me!

:D
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Andy could get back to it now and still make an announcement every 3 days to take us all the way to sailing.

And since he frequently announces Crippers in groups, I'd say we still have time before Andy comes back.

*grabs a Long Island Iced Tea*

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Phoenix wrote:Andy could get back to it now and still make an announcement every 3 days to take us all the way to sailing.

And since he frequently announces Crippers in groups, I'd say we still have time before Andy comes back.

He didn't do any groupings last year. All announcements were individual, and they started up again 3 days before Christmas.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:19 am

Downvod wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Andy could get back to it now and still make an announcement every 3 days to take us all the way to sailing.

He didn't do any groupings last year. All announcements were individual, and they started up again 3 days before Christmas.

we have a group of five coming, well, something in the shape of a pentagram :oops:
    I could be wrong :mrgreen:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:33 am

Downvod wrote:

there where 2 in 2017 - witchtrap, Dalridie and Striker and Total Death, Cryptex and Touch The Sun
    2016 had 4
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm throwing my imaginary money on our next announcement being on the Friday before Christmas. My crystal bullshit ball is also telling me it's a band that most people won't be too excited about, and there will be a collective sigh. :P
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 pm

sara wrote:I'm throwing my imaginary money on our next announcement being on the Friday before Christmas. My crystal bullshit ball is also telling me it's a band that most people won't be too excited about, and there will be a collective sigh. :P

Mine's going on Christmas Eve. And hey now, two people at minimum will be very excited if it's Metsatoll :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 pm

I was predicting Metsatöll before, because it makes sense with the clue - wolves, howling at the moon or whatever it was.

I'm changing my guess to Myrkur, because the clues frequently don't make sense, and there seems to be a big promo push for her right now.

Also, I recently listened to her for the first time, and hot damn, I would check out both sets if it's her.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:21 pm

acidbasement wrote:I'm changing my guess to Myrkur, because the clues frequently don't make sense, and there seems to be a big promo push for her right now.

Eh. I guess I could try fancy dining room food more than once.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:I'm changing my guess to Myrkur, because the clues frequently don't make sense, and there seems to be a big promo push for her right now.

Eh. I guess I could try fancy dining room food more than once.

I'm not overly thrilled with the new dining room menus on Independence, but they usually have something I can tolerate. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:11 pm

acidbasement wrote:I was predicting Metsatöll before, because it makes sense with the clue - wolves, howling at the moon or whatever it was.

I'm changing my guess to Myrkur, because the clues frequently don't make sense, and there seems to be a big promo push for her right now.

Also, I recently listened to her for the first time, and hot damn, I would check out both sets if it's her.

That would be great, she's awesome.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Saw Myrkur once at the Hellfest. I can consider giving them a second chance, but I'm pretty sure I'll leave after a few minutes.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:I was predicting Metsatöll before, because it makes sense with the clue - wolves, howling at the moon or whatever it was.

That would be great, she's awesome.

+1. Absolutely blew me away when she opened for Behemoth. Also, she's also part of a North American tour with Enslaved, Wolves in the Throne Room, and Khemmis that starts a couple weeks after 70K (Feb 15)

If you haven't heard it, Myrkur does a cover of Bathory's "Song to Hall Up High" that's just...damn.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Post Reply 2628 posts