Lieutenant

Re: Third Strike

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 pm

nice the spam bots are back - need some NIKES :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:18 pm

mooyagi wrote:Anyone get the warning email from Royal Caribbean? Reminder not to bring any beverages or illegal substances on broad. They're ready for us. :lol:

Yes. I laughed when I read it.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Foxhound09
    Wiper

by Foxhound09 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:24 pm

You guys know where I can get some Nikes?
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Does the thrash crowd EVER think there's enough thrash on broad?

THIS. +1

I'm only missing a certain kind of thrash: the really dumb, tell people to thrash, joking, beer-crushing kind. Like a Gama Bomb or something. But I'm satisfied with Destruction.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Foxhound09 wrote:You guys know where I can get some Nikes?

Same place you can get a new kitchen.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Checking out Seven Kingdoms...LOVE what I'm hearing!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

This Vacation Will be a Caribbean Hyperblast!

by Andy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:40 am

Prepare for KATAKLYSM onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Don't be afraid, the world's not going to End... in fact, if you are sailing with us next week you should make your final preparations before heading to beautiful sunny Florida!

This makes 60 out of 60 bands for Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL. Sailors! We can't wait to have you all onbroad! We wish you all safe travels and we will see you on Feb. 1st!

tashareid16
    Wiper

Re: This Vacation Will be a Caribbean Hyperblast!

by tashareid16 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:00 am

Andy wrote:Prepare for KATAKLYSM onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Don't be afraid, the world's not going to End... in fact, if you are sailing with us next week you should make your final preparations before heading to beautiful sunny Florida!

This makes 60 out of 60 bands for Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL. Sailors! We can't wait to have you all onbroad! We wish you all safe travels and we will see you on Feb. 1st!

YES!! Great final annoucement!!
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:10 am

Cool! I'm glad 60 is a band I like but not one I desperately need to see. I've definitely seen them a few times by now.

I'm running around like a mad woman today to try and get as much pre-cruise chores and errands done before Monday morning. :headbanger: My poor dog already knows. :?
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:11 am

Last year was the only so far with 61 bands correct?And that was because of losing 2 bigger bands Nike and Gojira.So with Swallow The Sun getting 3 sets ,this is probably it.Except for Witchery and Enslaved,there is nothing new I really wanted to see this year.Last year was so awesome I knew this was going to be a dud and it turned out to be.On a side note everyone in The United States has some kind of flu this year,getting on a plane then a boat is something I don’t want to do now also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:21 am

That was fast! Now gimme the running order so I can decide whether or not I go diving at Grand Turk. Please?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 am

bodomdragon wrote:That was fast! Now gimme the running order so I can decide whether or not I go diving at Grand Turk. Please?

The Ship is in port from 8:00 -18:00 if that helps,.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    praey
    Oiler

by praey » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 am

Man, I'm really surprised there's so many people saying they're not excited for the lineup. This is my fourth year going and I've never been looking forward to the cruise more than this. There's plenty of bands I'm never seen before that I'm super excited about (Kreator, Sinister, Aborted, October Tide), bands I've seen before that are always fun live (Goatwhore, Cannibal Corpse, Samael), and plenty of stuff I either haven't seen in a long time or just generally excited to check out (Dark Tranquillity, Benediction, Insomnium, Benighted, Swallow the Sun, Aeternam, Enslaved, Witchery, Meshuggah). Not to mention a couple bands I've never heard of that I'm looking forward to checking out, like Majestic Downfall and Revenge. Add in a few solid standbys like Belphegor and Kataklysm and you have my favorite lineup of any cruise so far. February 1st can't come soon enough!
    Survivor 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 am

praey wrote:Man, I'm really surprised there's so many people saying they're not excited for the lineup. This is my fourth year going and I've never been looking forward to the cruise more than this. There's plenty of bands I'm never seen before that I'm super excited about (Kreator, Sinister, Aborted, October Tide), bands I've seen before that are always fun live (Goatwhore, Cannibal Corpse, Samael), and plenty of stuff I either haven't seen in a long time or just generally excited to check out (Dark Tranquillity, Benediction, Insomnium, Benighted, Swallow the Sun, Aeternam, Enslaved, Witchery, Meshuggah). Not to mention a couple bands I've never heard of that I'm looking forward to checking out, like Majestic Downfall and Revenge. Add in a few solid standbys like Belphegor and Kataklysm and you have my favorite lineup of any cruise so far. February 1st can't come soon enough!

There are people EVERY year that are unhappy with the lineup. It's just a matter of taste. Some years there are more from a particular sub genre than others. As such, I could understand if someone who really favors folk or thrash metal was disappointed this year, as there are pretty much 2 bands from each. I like something from pretty much every style, so I've been happy with pretty much every 70K lineup really. 2017 was tops for me though.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:09 am

Kataklysm! This makes 3 bands I have a CD from. This is a very obscure lineup. I think I’ll like it though.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am

PSYCHOSTICK

MAJESTIC DOWNFALL

DIABLO BLVD

REVENGE

SEVEN KINGDOMS

KATAKLYSM
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:13 am

.....And th-th-th-that's a wrap, folks. Now if Andy can just put the running order and the signing schedules together REALLY FAST so the 70K app can be updated, that'd be GREAT.....

As for the band lineup, this will be my fourth year and overall it's probably my "weakest" lineup so far...but that's like saying I'll have to settle for a porterhouse steak when I COULD have had filet mignon. Still a lot of great bands to see, even if there aren't as many "first time ever around here" bands for me like Kalmah or Omnium Gatherum last year.

mooyagi wrote:Anyone get the warning email from Royal Caribbean? Reminder not to bring any beverages or illegal substances on broad. They're ready for us. :lol:

I think they've sent it every year, but this year they HAVE to be thinking of the Storm Chasers guy who died a few days ago from a drug overdose aboard Harmony of the Seas on a charter cruise, plus the 40 people who were arrested for possession before boarding the Holy Ship! cruises.

Trying to bring on rum-runners is one thing, but now I expect heightened security at Port Everglades, so....yeah. It'd suck to get hauled away to jail and miss the cruise for bringing on a controlled substance. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:24 am

deathmetalpat wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:That was fast! Now gimme the running order so I can decide whether or not I go diving at Grand Turk. Please?

The Ship is in port from 8:00 -18:00 if that helps,.

It's more of a bands thing. If there's stuff i really like until 4am I might pass on the scuba diving, but if I can be in bed at 1am without missing out much I'd really want to do it.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:24 am

Debating whether to pack a light hammock. What are the odds I can get away with pitching over one of the side hot tubs without staff coming down on me?
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:01 pm

This year doesn’t really have any bands that I’m absolutely dying to see. Nothing like Turisas, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Vallenfyre, and At the Gates in 2016 or Amorphis, Suffocation, and Anthrax last year. Probably the closest this year is Enslaved, but I’ve seen them live before.

However there’s probably more bands this year that I’m kinda interested in than previous years. I’m guessing I’ll actually end up busier this year and see more shows, which I’m looking forward to.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:22 pm

Pellaz wrote:

I think they've sent it every year, but this year they HAVE to be thinking of the Storm Chasers guy who died a few days ago from a drug overdose aboard Harmony of the Seas on a charter cruise, plus the 40 people who were arrested for possession before boarding the Holy Ship! cruises.

Trying to bring on rum-runners is one thing, but now I expect heightened security at Port Everglades, so....yeah. It'd suck to get hauled away to jail and miss the cruise for bringing on a controlled substance. :shock:
    Plus another Music Cruise (edit Yes that was The Holy Ship also )had a DJ busted a few months ago,I say don’t play with fire.United States is in it’s “fourth turning “ which translates into more Order less Chaos.The magical savior of the Disney fantasy “Lion King” isn’t the leader anymore.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Anyone notice that "End" was capitalized in Andy's post? Does that indicate the possibility of number 61?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Travel safe, have a blast and raise those fists n' horns high sailors! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:06 pm

acidbasement wrote:Anyone notice that "End" was capitalized in Andy's post? Does that indicate the possibility of number 61?

Don't get your hopes up too high - we all know Andy likes to play games. I really think this is it, especially since Swallow the Sun is playing an extra set.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:10 pm

acidbasement wrote:Anyone notice that "End" was capitalized in Andy's post? Does that indicate the possibility of number 61?

cat·a·clysm
    ˈkadəˌklizəm/Submit
    noun
    noun: cataclysm; plural noun: cataclysms
    a large-scale and violent event in the natural world.
    a sudden violent upheaval, especially in a political or social context.
    "the cataclysm of the First World War"
    synonyms: disaster, catastrophe, calamity, tragedy, devastation, holocaust, ruin, ruination, upheaval, convulsion, apocalypse, act of God
    "their homeland was destroyed by a great cataclysm"
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:42 am

Kataklysm

Same thing as Primal Fear: I hate their music, AND I know stuff that makes me despise them.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 am

TPH wrote:Kataklysm

I hate their music, AND I know stuff that makes me despise them.

I've heard something similar from a couple different people now.

I know nothing about Kataklysm...are they known to be raging assholes or something? Listened to a couple songs yesterday and came away mildly interested.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:59 pm

The Kataklysm story i witnessed is not supposed to be public. I can only say that Enslaved probably don't like them too much.

As for Primal Fear, this was widely public at the time, so I have no problem sharing the story. 10 to 15 years ago, can't remember exactly, they toured in Europe with Children of Bodom opening for them. At the time, CoB were really hot, much more than Primal Fear, to the point that every show, a significant part of the crowd were leaving after seeing CoB.
    How did Primal Fear react? Well, they quickly forced CoB to start their show as soon as the doors were opening, sometimes even when the doors were not open yet. And they always had a terrible shitty sound, while Primal Fear always sounded great just after them.

CoB couldn't really complain, as they were signed on Nuclear Blast, and Mat Sinner, Primal Fear's bassist, is the boss or number 2 of said label...but Kimberly Goss, Laiho's girlfriend at the time, said publicly that Primal Fear's bassist was an asshole and compared him to Hitler, which is always taken with a smile when you are German! As a very classy guy, Sinner threatened to fire Kimberly's band from Nuclear Blast, to which Kimberly basically answered "fuck you, I stand by what I said, you're an asshole".

And I still remember the show review from the Rock Hard France mag, the journalists were shocked by the treatment CoB were given. And when they confronted Primal Fear about this in an interview, their best answer was "we treat all our opening acts the same way, how come CoB were the first ones to complain?" :|
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:19 pm

TPH wrote:lots of text

Well. That Primal Fear stuff is just terrible assuming it's true. I wasn't interested in seeing them, but now? I'll actively avoid them.

As for Kataklysm...I remember I caught 1 of their sets in Studio B the last time they were on board. There was a guy in the front waving around a Canadian flag and the band, especially the vocalist, were making every effort to ignore the flag and were obvious doing so. Made me think they're Quebec separatists. In addition, if according to you, they did something to piss off Enslaved, which is pretty much my favourite band, that makes my opinion of them sink. Shame, their music is decent.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Shadow Son wrote:assuming it's true

I agree that blindly believing someone on the Internet is not always a smart move, I understand why you're saying this :mrgreen:
    But as I said, the story was very much public, a quick look on Google with the right keywords will help you making up your mind :beerwink:
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:33 pm

TPH wrote:
    Shadow Son wrote:assuming it's true

I agree that blindly believing someone on the Internet is not always a smart move, I understand why you're saying this :mrgreen:
    But as I said, the story was very much public, a quick look on Google with the right keywords will help you making up your mind :beerwink:

but...but...this is 10-15 years ago. That's a long time. I would figure that they have evolved as musicians as well as human beings...or not. As long as we're not talking about assholery as vile as Ted Fucking Asshole Nugent, I'll probably catch a set.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm pretty indifferent to Kataklysm being added as I've seen them live a lot over the years but...

I have to say, their guitarist was super nice to me when I met him on the boat last time they were on. I caught him in the Promenade and we shot the shit for over an hour about all kinds of stuff. He probably would have kept the conversation going, but I wanted to leave to go watch some band and had to be the one to end the conversation. He even hooked me up with a couple of guitar picks.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:20 am

Warphine wrote:I'm pretty indifferent to Kataklysm being added as I've seen them live a lot over the years but...

I have to say, their guitarist was super nice to me when I met him on the boat last time they were on. I caught him in the Promenade and we shot the shit for over an hour about all kinds of stuff. He probably would have kept the conversation going, but I wanted to leave to go watch some band and had to be the one to end the conversation. He even hooked me up with a couple of guitar picks.

Some friends and I went to see The Haunted in Chicago back in 2002. We went to check out the merch booth, and there was a guy selling for both Kataklysm and The Haunted at that time. He talked to us kids (16 or 17) for a good half hour + about all things metal. He was as friendly and humble as they come.

Shortly after we ended the conversation, we went up and checked out this band named Kataklysm who we hadn't heard of at the time. I remember being awfully impressed with the live show, and also noticed that our new merch friend was their guitarist. I believe that was the only time I've seen them, but I've kept up with most of their albums over the years. I'll definitely check out a set.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:00 am

Andy has 9 hours to release the running order before I leave work (and my access to a printer) for the last time before my flight. I really hope that we hear about the clinics too - the pagan/folk clinic Tuomas from Korpiklaani put on in 2015 was great, I'd love for him to do it again.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm heading off soon myself.
    Hey Pellaz, can you turn the forum lights off before you leave?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:12 am

Godflesh wrote:I'm heading off soon myself.
    Hey Pellaz, can you turn the forum lights off before you leave?

No, but I'll replace them with efficient LED bulbs. :lol:

Starting the drive tomorrow....REALLY hoping Andy posts the running order sooOOOoooOOOoooOOoon so I can print it off here at the dacha.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 am

Have fun onbroad everyone! This being my first year not going, I do miss seeing everyone and all the fun before the cruise. That said, for some reason I am not really bummed about missing the literal boat. The lineup isn't good, but we've had way worse ones in the past, so that's not it.

At least I got to see one of my favourite bands live last week in Malmö and spend my birthday weekend in Copenhagen with some of my favourite people (cruise friends too!). And I just bought flights to Spain for late February / early March to go see my mum. Sucks to see all the posts from the preparties and my own "on this day" memories, but, yes, can't really complain too much.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Have fun onbroad everyone! This being my first year not going, I do miss seeing everyone and all the fun before the cruise. That said, for some reason I am not really bummed about missing the literal boat. The lineup isn't good, but we've had way worse ones in the past, so that's not it.

At least I got to see one of my favourite bands live last week in Malmö and spend my birthday weekend in Copenhagen with some of my favourite people (cruise friends too!). And I just bought flights to Spain for late February / early March to go see my mum. Sucks to see all the posts from the preparties and my own "on this day" memories, but, yes, can't really complain too much.

Slaving away at work and sometimes reading the FB status updates with party ppl in Miami.
    At least it isn't raining today in Göteborg :beerwink:

Have fun everyone!

Happy to see that you are coping well with not going. :cheers: Being home when I should have been in Florida sucks, and I can't recall being this bummed about anything before :cry: :cry: :cry:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 am

Speedy wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Have fun onbroad everyone! This being my first year not going, I do miss seeing everyone and all the fun before the cruise. That said, for some reason I am not really bummed about missing the literal boat. The lineup isn't good, but we've had way worse ones in the past, so that's not it.

Slaving away at work and sometimes reading the FB status updates with party ppl in Miami.
    At least it isn't raining today in Göteborg :beerwink:

Have fun everyone!

Happy to see that you are coping well with not going. :cheers: Being home when I should have been in Florida sucks, and I can't recall being this bummed about anything before :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm super bummed for you, too. The beer tasting in 2016 will always be one of my favorite boat gatherings. Miss you and Ville, plus the others not coming this year. It's bound to happen, though. It's also good to do different things sometimes, huh?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 am

Aww, man. The Wookie WILL be missed.
    2025 Wishlist:
Post Reply 2628 posts