Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

One More For Good Measure

by Andy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:54 pm

You thought we were done? Of course not! Here's one more for good measure!

The EXODUS of metalheads from across the globe to South Florida is well on its way! Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is about to begin. Can you feel the excitement?

We've got 61 bands onbroad for your ultimate Heavy Metal Vacation where you will spend 5 days and 4 nights forgetting about the mundane real world. 70000TONS OF METAL is where your headbanger dreams come true! See all of you Sailors on February 1st, 2018 for embarkation!

jdch28
    Crewman

Re: One More For Good Measure

by jdch28 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Fuck yeah! Awesome surprise! :death:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:13 pm

I was hoping for Slayer but will definitely take EXODUS!!!
    Last edited by Bolt_Thrower on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Meh.

Can we have the schedule now?
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Called it.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Here's your schedule:

8:00PM Thurssday through 8:00AM Monday: EXODUS on all 4 stages.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Well that's cool. I'm ready to fucking party. Just a few more hours of work, one more night of rest and then I'll be Fort Laudy bound baby!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:39 pm

So happy for Exodus. I just heard people get extra loud during my nap, so I knew I had to check. Fuck yeah.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:34 pm

That's a weird way to spell Borknagar
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Just left work and I'm officially on vacation. Flight tomorrow morning after the eclipse. :beerhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Exodus

That's a 4.5 for me, a fucking perfect way to close off the announcements!
    Now bring the schedule, damn it!
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2018 Running Order

by Andy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:18 pm

The Running Order for 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is now online.

To see the running order, please Click Here.

mooyagi
    Captain

Re: 2018 Running Order

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Woohoo! I have plenty of time to figure out my schedule that will become obsolete on day 1 once the overruns happen. :lol: Seriously, though, glad it's out with plenty of time to look it over.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Hooray! Now to find a printer while we're traveling!

And yes, that's the oddest spelling of "Borknagar" I'VE ever seen.... :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Aeternam 5:15-6:00 on day 3? Fuuuuuuuuck.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 pm

mooyagi wrote:Aeternam 5:15-6:00 on day 3? Fuuuuuuuuck.

Interestingly, Insomnium after 2 am the same morning.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Sleeping? What's that? :party:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:42 am

That final Alestorm set will be one for the ages I'll wager !
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:51 am

cowboy71 wrote:That final Alestorm set will be one for the ages I'll wager !

Seriously!!!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 am

I was wondering how they could top Death Angel last year...next year, I'll wonder how the closing band could be worse than Alestorm :lol:

Had a look at the running order, there are some really, really cruel overlapping...choices will have to be made. Hard ones.
    Fuck.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 am

Only one big overlap that sucks for me. Enslaved, Septicflesh, Swallow the Sun, and Witherfall on day 4.

And Aeternam at 5am suuuuucks. But it’s a good reason to finally stay awake for one of those early sets.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 am

Mh, several of my 2-setters at times I'll most likely not be able to make. Missing out on a Battle Beast and an Evertale set at least :|

Everything else looks pretty good though. Glad they gave Sabaton 75 minutes this time. Alestorm as finisher will be a blast. Now I only need to manage to somehow stay awake during Kreator :beerwink:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 am

I get to go to bed at midnight! :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 am

Phoenix wrote:

I get to go to bed at midnight! :P

Me too TBH :) I don't care enough about Alestorm to stay up till then :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 am

The Grand Turk Post schedule has the ship in port until 18:00 http://m.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx but bands start on Saturday at 17:00 ;Wonder if both can happen at the same time?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Jamming With Waters in 2018 – Setlist Revealed!

by Andy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am

Hosted by Jeff Waters of ANNIHILATOR, the official 70000TONS OF METAL All Star Jam will once again write Heavy Metal History onbroad The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise when a spectacular line up of musicians from your favourite bands on board team up to perform classic Metal Anthems for you!

Click Here to see the full 2018 All Star Jam Setlist!

Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: Jamming With Waters in 2018 – Setlist Revealed!

by Cardest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 am

I saw someone mentioned Sigh (Japan) above ^ ....

2019 - it has to be done!

Off topic, I know...oops!
    I blame it on Ville!
    The lack of postcards this week has me acting crazy!

:cheers:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 am

That would be me. Sorely disappointed they haven’t been on yet.

If you see a dude wearing a shirt with that exact logo today, come say hi. :)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 am

deathmetalpat wrote:The Grand Turk Post schedule has the ship in port until 18:00 http://m.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx but bands start on Saturday at 17:00 ;Wonder if both can happen at the same time?

The 70K schedule says to be back onbroad by 4:30, ship departs at 5 pm. :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 am

Going back to Labadee so quickly might have to do with 2 things.
    1)Royal Caribbean gets all the revenue and it is their port so no fee
    2)It is the one of the most protected ports from Hurricanes,so no worries about it being destroyed and any damages would be quickly fixed due to Royal Caribbean being in control.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 am

Except the port was pretty crappy, in my opinion. My excursion was fun, but the swimming was subpar, beach was meh and they ran out of liquor by the time I was off my excursion.

I wouldn't mind if we went somewhere closer, so the boat didn't have to go quite so fast all the time. I was getting sick Night 3.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:Except the port was pretty crappy, in my opinion. My excursion was fun, but the swimming was subpar, beach was meh and they ran out of liquor by the time I was off my excursion.

I wouldn't mind if we went somewhere closer, so the boat didn't have to go quite so fast all the time. I was getting sick Night 3.
    I am a bit surprised it is returning so quickly.Wild speculation here but it might be the last time they could go there.2020 will be 10 year anniversary and I think the cruise to due for a major upgrade.Either leaving from a different port or more likely going to 6 days/5nights with 2 ports of call.Every year one would be CocoCay with maybe even music at that port and another port with even tender locations used.You probably would not get a 2 port stop with both private islands.IMO with the cruisers getting older many would like the extra night.Also leave on a Saturday or Sunday and returning on a Friday or Saturday.10 year will be big deal and this year they might have wanted simplicity.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Thank You To All Survivors From 75 Nations!

by Andy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Survivors!

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of you for making 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise once again such a success!

Last year we had 74 Nations from around the Globe onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, and once again I truly thought there is no way we could beat that. But again you proved me wrong! This year you brought that count to 75 Countries! All you Survivors from ANDORRA, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, COSTA RICA, CROATIA, CUBA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, INDIA, IRAN, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, LEBANON, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, MEXICO, THE NETHERLANDS, NEW CALEDONIA, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PALAU, PANAMA, PERU, POLAND, PORTUGAL, PUERTO RICO, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SRI LANKA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, SYRIA, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, URUGUAY, USA, VENEZUELA, VIETNAM made 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 once again truly feel like the United Nations Of Heavy Metal At Sea!

A special Thank You to all the members of my incredible crew – you are truly the greatest in the world! Last but not least, Thank You to all the Artists and their Crew for 124 fantastic live performances including Jamming With Waters In International Waters, the Clinics, holding all the Meet & Greet and Signing Sessions and participating in all the other Special Events.

Survivors! I am looking forward to welcoming you back onbroad for Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise sailing from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to Labadee and back, January 31 - February 4, 2019.

Thank you and Cheers!

Your Skipper

dws515
    Oiler

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 75 Nations!

by dws515 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Thanks to everyone involved for another amazing year! I met so many new friends this year, I can't wait to see everybody again!
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:22 am

My friend just posted a photo on Facebook of the black eye she got on the last night. According to her, a cow kicked her in the face while crowdsurfing at Dark Tranquillity.

I'm on to you, bodomcow :twisted:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:19 am

Phoenix wrote:My friend just posted a photo on Facebook of the black eye she got on the last night. According to her, a cow kicked her in the face while crowdsurfing at Dark Tranquillity.

Fuck!! Seriously?? Tell her I'm really, really sorry. Needless to say that was not on purpose. I honestly don't think I could do anything to prevent it from happening - I'm usually very still while crowdsurfing, even when I'm a cow - but I still feel sorry for your friend and I hope the black eye's gone soon!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:30 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:My friend just posted a photo on Facebook of the black eye she got on the last night. According to her, a cow kicked her in the face while crowdsurfing at Dark Tranquillity.

Fuck!! Seriously?? Tell her I'm really, really sorry. Needless to say that was not on purpose. I honestly don't think I could do anything to prevent it from happening - I'm usually very still while crowdsurfing, even when I'm a cow - but I still feel sorry for your friend and I hope the black eye's gone soon!

Haha, it's all good. She also mentioned that she never laughed so hard, getting a black eye from a cow. The black eye is also not as bad as some of the other ones I saw on broad.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:29 pm

mooyagi wrote:Aeternam 5:15-6:00 on day 3? Fuuuuuuuuck.

Suck it, Andy! I was able to stay up and see the show. Well worth it. :beerbang:

Luckily, I was able to sleep in every day so staying up late wasn't too much of a bother.
    Jolty
    Oiler

by Jolty » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

Haha, it's all good. She also mentioned that she never laughed so hard, getting a black eye from a cow. The black eye is also not as bad as some of the other ones I saw on broad.

Hahaha! It's perfectly fine, don't apologize.

Mikael also hit me on the other side of the face with the microphone and when I told him about it, he apologized too. :(

Security also asked if I was okay several times during the show... They always do that... I'm starting to think it isn't normal to enjoy getting hit in the face.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:33 pm

70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
Post Reply 2628 posts