MasterMcDuff

Rank

Oiler

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Toronto, Canada

Re: Sailing To The Plains Of Vígríðr

by MasterMcDuff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:
MasterMcDuff wrote:It's clear that the next band is going to be Equilibrium, playing 'Born to Be Epic' on repeat for 2 full sets.

:?

Except for the minor fact that Equillibrium were on broad this year and 70K never ever repeat bands year-on-year :P

LOL Damn! Plan foiled. I forgot they played last year.

Pellaz wrote:Damnit, yep. They could change their name temporarily to EquilAbrium and be contractually required to play "Mana" in its glorious 17-minute entirety. :lol:

This suits me just fine. MUCH prefer Mana / Sagas over their latest endeavor. :/

TPH wrote:Awesome song*, and best music video ever*!

* to make you kill yourself

Agreed. :heavydrink:
User

zerkz

Rank

Oiler

Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:12 am

Re: The Storm Onbroad

by zerkz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:56 am

Please be Be'lakor. :headbanger:
no avatar
User

stevep52

Rank

Oiler

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:48 am

by stevep52 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 am

It would be great to have Bell Witch added. They could then play Mirror Reaper in its entirety.

I am not really a huge doom fan, but this album is incredible. One 83 minute song and I do not get bored with it. Definitely an AoY candidate.
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:00 am

zerkz wrote:Please be Be'lakor. :headbanger:

The way they wrote the clue makes me think Be'lakor is next.

I'd be good with Behemoth, Bell Witch, or Blood Red Throne too.

stevep52 wrote:It would be great to have Bell Witch added. They could then play Mirror Reaper in its entirety.

I am not really a huge doom fan, but this album is incredible. One 83 minute song and I do not get bored with it. Definitely an AoY candidate.

I agree that it's amazing, but it's also a little frustrating. The opportunities (and patience) I have to listen to a full 83 minute track are typically close to zero.

I've listened to the first 20-30 minutes at least a dozen times, but haven't made it past that very often.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Survivor

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 am

Blind Guardian just re-released all of their albums remastered, as well as a new live album. Here's hoping they are the "B" band.
User

JoAnnamayhem

Rank

Oiler

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Long Island, New York

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:57 pm

13 year old me is screaming right now at the Evergrey announcement.
Would not be opposed to more death and black for future announcements. I think Be'lakor seems like the most fitting even though the most recent clue inst much of a clue but ("B"e) - (Be)'lakor? Am I right?
2018 - 9318

Aeon+Amon Amarth+Apocalyptica+Arkona+At the Gates+Borknagar+Carach Angren+DarkFuneral+Fleshgod Apocalypse+Gatecreeper+Hypocrisy+Immolation+Krisiun+Mors Principium Est+Ne Oblivscaris+Origin+Oubliette+Paradise Lost+Soreption+Turisas+Tyr
User

MasterMcDuff

Rank

Oiler

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Toronto, Canada

by MasterMcDuff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:58 pm

meshuggah wrote:Blind Guardian just re-released all of their albums remastered, as well as a new live album. Here's hoping they are the "B" band.

Be'lakor would be awesome, but Blind Guardian is my default #1 for any B hints. :)
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:01 pm

I'd like some more thrash, so I'm for Black Breath.

I don't care for Evergrey, but I said I wouldn't complain if we got like five Dallas bands now since I love so much of the line-up already. So that's one for the weenies. :P

Just, y'know, bring me a party thrash band and maybe one more folk metal band and this line-up will be probably my favorite.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
User

TPH

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:54 pm

sara wrote:party thrash band

Did Tankard already come to the 70K?
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
70K 2018 - cabin 8215
User

Razor Ramon

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Razor Ramon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:32 pm

A girl on Instagram asked to please have Be'lakor or Borknagar and 70K responded with "Ok, since you asked so nice"..
70000 Tons 2019
Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Bloodbath-/-Paradise-Lost-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-In-Vain-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Arkan--/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Tristania-/-Autumnal-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Bilocate-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Ne-Obliviscaris-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Coldworld-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Silent-Stream-Of-Godless-Elegy-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-Centinex-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Cellar-Darling-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Dool-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkyr-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn
My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:54 pm

TPH wrote:
sara wrote:party thrash band

Did Tankard already come to the 70K?

Only once, in 2012.
I would LOVE to see them, the last time I saw them live was in... 1987.
My friends went on stage to sing the chorus for “we want to drink some... whisky! We want to drink some... beer!”, and one of them was so drunk he got “beer” and “whisky” inverted every single time :belly:
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:A girl on Instagram asked to please have Be'lakor or Borknagar and 70K responded with "Ok, since you asked so nice"..

I actually would be happy with either, or both.
Sleep will be hard to find for me with this year’s lineup.
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Gratch wrote:

The way they wrote the clue makes me think Be'lakor is next.

I'd be good with Behemoth, Bell Witch, or Blood Red Throne too.

stevep52 wrote:It would be great to have Bell Witch added. They could then play Mirror Reaper in its entirety.

I agree that it's amazing, but it's also a little frustrating. The opportunities (and patience) I have to listen to a full 83 minute track are typically close to zero.

I've listened to the first 20-30 minutes at least a dozen times, but haven't made it past that very often.

This song is like the movie “The Ring”, you’ll kill yourself before hearing it in its entirety.
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:42 am

Be'lakore would be amazing
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/--Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-NapalmDeath-/-Tiamat-/-Wilt-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR-/-Godflesh

Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/BTH
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 am

I spoke for quite a long time to the guys from Unleash the Archers last night after the show in Barcelona. They are kind of disappointed because apparently UMC have shown little to no interest in them (despite being almost neighbors) and also said they'd appreciate any support or constructive pressure to get them onbroad.

So here's a shoutout for these guys. Great people, better musicians, and their latest album is one of the best releases of 2017. Please book them!!!
Wishlist:
Accept--ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--
Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--Helloween--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: Survivor
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:33 am

bodomdragon wrote:I spoke for quite a long time to the guys from Unleash the Archers last night after the show in Barcelona. They are kind of disappointed because apparently UMC have shown little to no interest in them (despite being almost neighbors) and also said they'd appreciate any support or constructive pressure to get them onbroad.

So here's a shoutout for these guys. Great people, better musicians, and their latest album is one of the best releases of 2017. Please book them!!!

That is pretty disappointing to hear. I have been holding out hope that they would in fact be on this year. It makes too much sense. They are from Canada, have no tour plans in Feb yet, have a fantastic new album, and we could still use another good female fronted band. I also thought they would for sure be on because they sky rocketed up near the top of the wishlist this year compared to last. A high demand band that should be relatively inexpensive to book, and a perfect fit for the event.

+2 for this vote (my wife would also LOVE to see this announcement).
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-The.Crown-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Evocation-/-Exmortus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kvelertak-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Myrkur-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:00 am

bodomdragon wrote:I spoke for quite a long time to the guys from Unleash the Archers last night after the show in Barcelona. They are kind of disappointed because apparently UMC have shown little to no interest in them (despite being almost neighbors) and also said they'd appreciate any support or constructive pressure to get them onbroad.

Seriously! They're SO good live, a great band, great people, and could kill it onbroad
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

by Yippee38 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:11 am

Yes. Very much.
no avatar
User

drrock

Rank

Crewman

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:43 am

Germany

by drrock » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Who is Belakor? N E V E R ever heard of them, sorry...
Otherwise I would not complaint about Blind Guardian.
Also I would support Unleash the archers.
But my secret wish still is BRAINSTORM!
2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Not a fan of their older work but Apex is fantastic. I would love to see that album performed on the ship.
I should get around to updating my signature
User

Ethrivas

Rank

Crewman

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm

by Ethrivas » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:50 am

drrock wrote:Who is Belakor? N E V E R ever heard of them, sorry...

You know nothin' John Snow :P
Wishlist 2019: Ablaze.My.Sorrow-Aetherian-Allegaeon-Amorphis-At.the.Gates-Be'lakor-Brymir-Chthonic-Crescent-Daath-Dark.Oath-Dimmu.Borgir-Einherjer-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-God.Dethroned-Godsmack-Harakiri.For.the.Sky-Hate-Hyperion-Hypocrisy-Iced.Earth-In.Vain-Kalmah-Krisiun-Lamb.of.God-Machine.Head-Manegarm-Melechesh-Mgla-Moonshade-Morbid.Angel-Mors.Principium.Est-Nailed.to.Obscurity-Orbit.Culture-Ouroboros-Satyricon-Selbst-Shade.Empire-Skyfire-Testament-The.Crown-The.Seer-Tribulation-Turisas-Tyr-Unleashed-Whispered
2018: Survivor
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:03 am

Ethrivas wrote:
drrock wrote:Who is Belakor? N E V E R ever heard of them, sorry...

You know nothin' John Snow :P

heh, except that he isn't Jon Snow....he just doesn't know it yet. :twisted:

Evergrey's a fun add. It's not like I haven't seen them a lot, but it's great to have friends on the boat. "Fastbeers with Evergrey!" :lol:

I think the "B" clue points to Be'lakor but I'd be deliriously happy with Borknagar...and only slightly less happy with Blind Guardian or Black Crown Initiate. Really, there are a LOT of good "B" bands out there.
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
no avatar
User

Andy

Rank

THE SKIPPER

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm

THE BRIDGE

Gaze Into The Infinite

by Andy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 am

When you peer BEYOND CREATION, what do you see? You'll see 3,000 Sailors from over 70 countries around the Globe headbanging onbroad a 154,000ton luxury cruise liner. You'll see over 120 live performances across four spectacular venues, including our jewel: The Pool Deck Stage, the biggest open air stage structure to sail the Open Seas! You'll see the grandeur that is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Not being onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL? How can you possibly fill that "V"oid?

User

zerkz

Rank

Oiler

Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:12 am

Re: Gaze Into The Infinite

by zerkz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:27 am

Andy wrote:When you peer BEYOND CREATION, what do you see? You'll see 3,000 Sailors from over 70 countries around the Globe headbanging onbroad a 154,000ton luxury cruise liner. You'll see over 120 live performances across four spectacular venues, including our jewel: The Pool Deck Stage, the biggest open air stage structure to sail the Open Seas! You'll see the grandeur that is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Not being onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL? How can you possibly fill that "V"oid?

Be'lakor denieddddddddd :cry:

But this clue strongly points to Vektor (Terminal Redux).
User

General Zod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am

zerkz wrote:But this clue strongly points to Vektor (Terminal Redux).

Has David recruited new members yet? Last I heard everyone had left the band but him.
***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
User

TPH

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 am

Beyond Creation

Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
70K 2018 - cabin 8215
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:41 am

Well at least it's not Blind Guardian. I'm taking a listen and so far I don't at all mind what I'm hearing. Lots of neat stuff from my country this year! Too bad Andy isn't looking into UTA though.

Is this next one Venom again? I was briefly excited because my favourite Fallujah song is "The Void Alone", but that's not how the clues work.

Or perhaps "In Vain" is categorised under the V? Yes? Maybe? No? Okay.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 am

FUCK YES!!! Love this band. I saw them live about a year ago and they blew me away with their effortless technicality and musicianship. This lineup is insane.

Those of you that never heard them should watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzRpdxRj0Q
Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 am

Next band is Vader I bet. I'm okay with this! :deathmetal:

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:57 am

General Zod wrote:
zerkz wrote:But this clue strongly points to Vektor (Terminal Redux).

Has David recruited new members yet? Last I heard everyone had left the band but him.

I think he has although I don't think he's said publicly who they are. He's made multiple posts this year about writing new songs and said something about how he's got a new practice space lined up. You don't need a specific practice space if it's a one man show.

no avatar
User

IronTom

Rank

Oiler

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:45 am

by IronTom » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:09 am

My wild guess for the next annoucement is Voivod... What do I win?
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:28 am

Vastum's last album was "Hole Below", that kinda fits.

Lots of other "V" bands I'd like more, but none of them really fit the clue. Vallenfyre, Vainaja, Vision Bleak, Voyager...to name a few.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Survivor

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
User

Evican

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

by Evican » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Beyond Creation isn't terrible, but it's still not Borknagar.
70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018
Cripper-Ne Obliviscaris-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Aborted-Behemoth-Amon Amarth-Insomnium-Havok-BENIGHTED-Meshuggah-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Decapitated
User

Ethrivas

Rank

Crewman

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm

by Ethrivas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Vreid, right?
Wishlist 2019: Ablaze.My.Sorrow-Aetherian-Allegaeon-Amorphis-At.the.Gates-Be'lakor-Brymir-Chthonic-Crescent-Daath-Dark.Oath-Dimmu.Borgir-Einherjer-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-God.Dethroned-Godsmack-Harakiri.For.the.Sky-Hate-Hyperion-Hypocrisy-Iced.Earth-In.Vain-Kalmah-Krisiun-Lamb.of.God-Machine.Head-Manegarm-Melechesh-Mgla-Moonshade-Morbid.Angel-Mors.Principium.Est-Nailed.to.Obscurity-Orbit.Culture-Ouroboros-Satyricon-Selbst-Shade.Empire-Skyfire-Testament-The.Crown-The.Seer-Tribulation-Turisas-Tyr-Unleashed-Whispered
User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Ethrivas wrote:Vreid, right?

They were on this year so they are out.

User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Seventh Void would change the pace a little or VoiVod back
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/--Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-NapalmDeath-/-Tiamat-/-Wilt-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR-/-Godflesh

Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/BTH
User

Razor Ramon

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Razor Ramon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:37 pm

BEYOND CREATION
Well this isn't Battlore, Borknagar, or Be'lakor..
Beyond Creation is alright though, just not what I wanted.

V for VUUR, come on Chico!!!
70000 Tons 2019
Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Bloodbath-/-Paradise-Lost-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-In-Vain-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Arkan--/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Tristania-/-Autumnal-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Bilocate-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Ne-Obliviscaris-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Coldworld-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Silent-Stream-Of-Godless-Elegy-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-Centinex-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Cellar-Darling-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Dool-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkyr-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn
My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
User

capacitator51

Rank

Oiler

Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:53 pm

Tennessee, USA

by capacitator51 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Maybe Virvum can fill the void with Illuminance?
-|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-Dark Fortress-Devin.Townsend-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Opeth-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Evican wrote:Beyond Creation isn't terrible, but it's still not Borknagar.

You think with smartness... But Beyond Creation are pretty tight
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA