User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread

by Phoenix » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:41 am

Pellaz wrote:Oh, I wouldn't expect any sort of revival of Barge to Hell until maybe 2020...and that could be what Andy's "big surprise" is for that year. Not the rumored move to a larger ship, but 70K and a reboot of BtH. He could stage the reboot in the fall of 2020 and see how it does...and we know how much he wants to go to Cuba.

Based on the Facebook discussion about Barge maybe coming back, it looked as if most people would be making a choice to do one or the other, but NOT both...which might not be what Andy and UMC want to see. :shock:

This would make more sense than doing 2019. But really, this shouldn't surprise UMC. Boat's expensive, especially for the large majority of people that have to fly into the country to do it (the Canadian dollar is NOT getting better).

I dunno, maybe they don't do it at all. Putting a dividing line in your clientele and your worldwide metal family isn't good for anyone.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:37 pm

You make a great point on the expense.

The cruise in general is a lot more expensive, with increased cabin costs, taxes, and hell even the booze is a heck of a lot more expensive than it was in 2012 when BTH was held first time around.

Add to that the fact that the world economy is a heck of a lot different as well - in 2012 One Australian Dollar equalled about $USD1.10. Now an Aussie dollar only gets about 75 cents US.
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Awfully quiet in here.

UMC are dragging the chain a bit this year - they still haven't updated the website. Last year it was updated early April (graphic with dates for the next cruise changed, artists page wiped clear etc).
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

Re: 70 Days Until Sailing!

by Godflesh » Thu May 03, 2018 3:05 am

Godflesh wrote:Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the forum
Not a creature was stirring, not even Ramon.
The rumours were sprung by the Bridge with care,
In hopes that St Andy soon would be there.

The sailors were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of mosh pits danced in their heads.
And mamma in her battle vest, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the forum there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the phone I flew like a sprinter,
Tore open the lock screen and threw up the browser.

With a little old announcement, so lively and nifty,
I knew in a moment it must be St Andy
More rapid than eagles his band allusions they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Borknagar! Now, Behemoth! now, Metsatoll and Myrkur!
On, Tankard! On, Vektor! on, on Flotsam and Jetsam!
To the pool deck! to the top of the ship!
Now thrash away! Thrash away! Thrash away all!"

To occupy space, I’ll re-run my Christmas poem. Still relevant, I think.
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

Yucca Valley, California

by Cardest » Sat May 05, 2018 7:16 am

cowboy71 wrote:Awfully quiet in here.

UMC are dragging the chain a bit this year - they still haven't updated the website. Last year it was updated early April (graphic with dates for the next cruise changed, artists page wiped clear etc).

Yeah Dallas!
Those lazy sods!
I wanna see a Haiti graphic!
Or at least, the dates of the cruise.

I missed the last 2 cruises, so I'm ready for a comeback!

I wonder why it's so quiet on here...
These are just some of the thoughts that keep me awake at night when the lights go out!
Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Yucca Valley, California

by Cardest » Sat May 05, 2018 7:18 am

Well, if every cruiser's bored or needs a distraction....
A damn good distraction!
Go: http://cardest.tumblr.com/ immediately!
Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Fri May 18, 2018 11:01 am

Surely this is by far the lastest that Andy's waited to post a "SOON" teaser on here for the upcoming cruise, let alone the first band announcement.

Statsman? Beuller? Beuller?
Powerwolf-/-Moonspell-/-Therion-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Subway.To.Sally-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Fejd-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Still got a ways to go to be 'worse' than the 2013 cruise.

2013 cruise first announcements dropped on the 27th of June.
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Still got a ways to go to be 'worse' than the 2013 cruise.

2013 cruise first announcements dropped on the 27th of June.

Andy was also trying to sell Barge to Hell at that time.
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Bolzer-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Carcass-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CravenIdol-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DerWegEinerFreiheit-DevinTownsend-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-GloriorBelli-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Horrendous-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-InVain-Infestus-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-Miasmal-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-NapalmDeath-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche-Ripper-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Saor-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vallenfyre-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-Waldgeflüster-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
2014: Survivor
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
BtH(2012): Survivor
User

cegr80

Rank

Petty Officer

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Houston, TX USA

by cegr80 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:26 am

I need announcements, like a junkie needs his fix!
2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701

2019 Wishlist:
Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue May 22, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm cool with the wait. Gives me more time to find a new job. Since I don't have one at the moment, and damned if I miss the one year In Vain plays...
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:17 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm cool with the wait. Gives me more time to find a new job. Since I don't have one at the moment, and damned if I miss the one year In Vain plays...

I'm cool with the wait too.

A) Because I'm bringing the kids this time it will be more costly so it give me more time to save up for it; and
B) Because it increases the chance of Phoenix being on broad :D
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I'm cool with the wait too.

A) Because I'm bringing the kids this time it will be more costly so it give me more time to save up for it; and

Chances just went way way up :D
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:
cowboy71 wrote:I'm cool with the wait too.

Chances just went way way up :D

:bangers: YAY!!! :D

If my records are correct 7th of July is the latest first-band-announcement we've had (for the 2017 cruise). Best situation we've had is that for the first cruise by this time of year we knew 17 bands on the lineup (18 if you count Stratovarius who were announced, but then withdrew).
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Yucca Valley, California

by Cardest » Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Heya Dallas!
I was having a sticky beak at your wish list.
Circus-Maximus?

I had to check them out instantly.
Ok, I'm right on it. Never heard of them before. Damn cool.

But, back to whenever the first announcement is going to be....I was way off.
July would suit me just fine.
Tasmania for Dark MoFo is in June.

:boobs:

But, I just wish the dates/destination/ship info was up already.
So I can lock in the dates.
Beg for time off work etc haha
Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Cardest wrote:But, I just wish the dates/destination/ship info was up already.
So I can lock in the dates.
Beg for time off work etc haha

Dude, this data has been up for 3 months on both the 70K website and Facebook.
But I appreciate your metal spirit, and I also make a point to only post here when I’m wasted :givebeer:
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Yucca Valley, California

by Cardest » Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 am

Oh really?

I don't see the dates anywhere!

Mighta missed it.

It still says Turks etc.
Hopeless website.
Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Yucca Valley, California

by Cardest » Thu May 31, 2018 4:14 am

Ok my bad...

Survivors! I am looking forward to welcoming you back on board for Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise sailing from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to Labadee and back, January 31 – February 4, 2019.

Thank you and Cheers!

Your Skipper

I see it now!!

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:09 pm

Cardest wrote:Heya Dallas!
I was having a sticky beak at your wish list.
Circus-Maximus?

I had to check them out instantly.
Ok, I'm right on it. Never heard of them before. Damn cool.

Yeah Circus Maximus would fill that Threshold-y prog-rock-metal niche on the cruise nicely :)
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
no avatar
User

LinzerKracken

Rank

Wiper

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:28 pm

by LinzerKracken » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:58 pm

There might be 61 bands here, but this is my 2019 wishlist!

Adagio/Stephan Forte (France)
Alestorm (Scotland)
Amorphis (Finland)
Angra (Brazil)
Aryeon (Holland)
Beast in Black (Finland)
Blind Guardian (Germany)
Bloodbound (Sweden)
Children of Bodom (Finland)
Dark Moor (Spain)
Derdian (Italy)
Devin Townsend (Canada)
Dragonland (Sweden)
Dread Crew of Oddwood (USA)
Dream Therter (USA)
Dreamtale (Finland)
Elvenking (Italy)
Enforcer (Sweden)
Ensiferium (Finland)
Epica (Holland)
Exmortus (USA)
Fairyland (France)
Firewind/GusG (Greece)
Follow The Cipher (Sweden)
Ghost (Sweden)
GloryHammer (Switzerland)
Hammerfall (Sweden)
Havok (USA)
Helloween (Germany)
Hibria (Brazil)
Holy Grail (USA)
Jag Panzer (USA)
Kamelot (USA/UK)
King Diamond (Denmark)
Magic Kingdom (Belgium)
Orden Ogan (Germany)
Orphaned Land (Israel)
Pagan's Mind (Norway)
Pathfinder (Poland)
Power Quest (UK)
Powerglove (USA)
Powerwolf (Germany)
Rage (Germany)
ReinXeed (Sweden)
Rhapsody of Fire (Italy)
RiotV (USA)
Running Wild (Germany)
Savatage (USA)
Star One (Holland)
Starkill (USA)
Steel Panther (USA)
Stratovarius (Finland)
Symphony X (USA)
Twilight Force (Sweden)
Tyr (Denmark)
Unleash the Archers (Canada)
Vision Divine (Italy)
White Wizzard (USA)
Wind Rose (Italy)
Wintersun (Finland)
Wisdom (Hungary)
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Yucca Valley, California

by Cardest » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:40 am

We also need some Hell on board!

:)
Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Website has been updated slightly.

Now has the 2019 destination and dates on the homepage, and has information about Labadee under the Events page.
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

cegr80

Rank

Petty Officer

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Houston, TX USA

by cegr80 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 am

cowboy71 wrote:Website has been updated slightly.

Now has the 2019 destination and dates on the homepage, and has information about Labadee under the Events page.

And the background picture was changed as well. It's coming!
2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701

2019 Wishlist:
Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Website has been updated slightly.

And I guessed June 4th as the date for the first announcement! Whoopie! :headbanger:

Pity it's not really an announcement, just a long-overdue update. :D
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:00 pm

They haven't updated the booking info yet and still have the 2018 bands listed so a ways to go yet.

But activity is definitely amping up on Facebook and with the website so we cannot be too far away from that magical first announcement :)
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:36 pm

cowboy71 wrote:They haven't updated the booking info yet and still have the 2018 bands listed so a ways to go yet.

But activity is definitely amping up on Facebook and with the website so we cannot be too far away from that magical first announcement :)

SOOOOOOOoooOOOooooooOOOooooOOOOOooooooon.

--Maybe. :lol:
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Surprised Andy hasn't created the " Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019" thread yet too.

Quit slacking off skipper!!! :lol: :P
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Surprised Andy hasn't created the " Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019" thread yet too.

Remember, last year we only got the “Soon...” post the day before the announcements.
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Godflesh wrote:
cowboy71 wrote:Surprised Andy hasn't created the " Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019" thread yet too.

Remember, last year we only got the “Soon...” post the day before the announcements.

Yeah, but the thread was updated to Official 70000 Tons 2018 way earlier, in April I think.

I noticed there is a new notification that pops up on the main page involving the use of cookies. Maybe they have been working on updating the site?
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-The.Crown-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Evocation-/-Exmortus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kvelertak-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Myrkur-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:38 pm

SOON
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Razor Ramon

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Last years first band announcement came when I was flying home Monday after Tuska, that's tomorrow..
70000 Tons 2019
Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Bloodbath-/-Paradise-Lost-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-In-Vain-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Arkan--/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Tristania-/-Autumnal-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Bilocate-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Ne-Obliviscaris-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Coldworld-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Silent-Stream-Of-Godless-Elegy-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-Centinex-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Cellar-Darling-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Dool-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkyr-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn
My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Skipper hasn't even created an "OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 MEGATHREAD" so I'm guessing / hoping we are still a couple of weeks away.

Last year we had the '8 months until sailing! Artist lineup SOON!' post on June 1st, first band announced July 3rd, Gold Survivors booking codes sent out 4th July and booking opening up 7th July.

The only other time sales started as late as this was for the 2013 cruise when Barge To Hell was going on around the same time. That year the first ten bands were announced on 26th June, with bookings opening up early July.

My expectation is initial bands maybe this week or next, and bookings opening up the following week.
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:05 am

Yeah, I though the Skipper was going to make the Megathread with the 7 Months to Go Announcement. Now I'm worried we're going to see late announcements again.

Ah well, just means I can start getting full paycheques at the new job and have some more time to make decisions.
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 am

At least I have been looking at what cabin to get this year.... balcony again???

Man, this place is tumbleweeds...

:?
7 Time Vet.
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds For those who are sailing with us in honour
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Phoenix wrote:Yeah, I though the Skipper was going to make the Megathread with the 7 Months to Go Announcement. Now I'm worried we're going to see late announcements again.

Ah well, just means I can start getting full paycheques at the new job and have some more time to make decisions.

I’m starting to think we could see another breaking change, with e.g. 10 bands announced at once around mid-July.
Previously there was competition with all the other festivals and cruises that announce better and earlier, but given the blockbuster success last year, perhaps there is no such pressure anymore.
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

cowboy71 wrote:Skipper hasn't even created an "OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 MEGATHREAD" so I'm guessing / hoping we are still a couple of weeks away.

Yeah, but I feel like things are a little bit different every year. Last year he updated the megathread almost 3 months before announcements... so, by that logic, announcements won’t start until at least October. I doubt that is the case. If Andy just doesn’t feel like updating it this year, maybe it will just update with the first announcement.
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-The.Crown-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Evocation-/-Exmortus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kvelertak-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Myrkur-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:34 pm

I need something to inspire me to renew my passport
As one of the few remaining 9 time UMC travelers I just can not get me to get shit done
Inspire me Andy!!! :bitch:
Bring on the Bands before it is too late for me to do round 9 and UMC cruise 10 :shred: :heavydrink:
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/--Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-NapalmDeath-/-Tiamat-/-Wilt-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR-/-Godflesh

Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/BTH
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:43 pm

On Andy's info page next to "last visited" there is only a lonely "-". Keeping his visits a secret...hopefully something is in the planning stages for the near future (SOOOOOOON)
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:46 pm

206 days to go, 60+ bands to announce. That's almost a band every 3 days!

#brightside

#wishfulthinking

#morelikeabunchofbandsfollowedbytwomonthsofsilencefollowedbyabunchoffiller

:P
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Yucca Valley, California

by Cardest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 am

tick tock.....

tick tock........

tick tock.................

Let's announce something already!