Discuss anything related to 70000TONS OF METAL
User

SHMILY123

Rank

Oiler

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread

by SHMILY123 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 am

COME ON!!!!! I am not a patient person by nature, and the wait is killing me! It was hard enough waiting for last year's first announcement anniversary. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, ANDY?! :roll:
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:25 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON-ish.

:lol:
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am

I'm doing a happy dance because my friend said she wants to come this year. I immediately checked the site, but no announcements yet. Still waitin'.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:37 pm

sara wrote:I'm doing a happy dance because my friend said she wants to come this year. I immediately checked the site, but no announcements yet. Still waitin'.

What? We are getting WATAIN !!!!
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/--Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-NapalmDeath-/-Tiamat-/-Wilt-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR-/-Godflesh

Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/BTH
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:46 pm

The Australian dollar has risen 1.5 cents against the US dollar in the past week.

That represents a saving of over $200 on the cost of a cabin for me and the kids.

As long as the Aussie dollar keeps climbing like that I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks before booking commences :D
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi-/-Kamelot
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:49 am

cowboy71 wrote:...As long as the Aussie dollar keeps climbing like that I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks before booking commences :D

Haha, good point!
Wishlist 2019:Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung-/-Myrkur-/-Vermilia-/-Inquisition-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Gojira-/-Babymetal-/-Burning_Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Unleash_the_Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron_Maidens-/-The_Heard-/-Tengger_Cavalry-/-Visigoth-/-Jinjer-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Behemoth-/-Vader-/-Napalm_Death-/-Haha_I_learned_how_to_make_my_signature_the_big_long_list_of_bands_nobody_cares_about.

Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18
no avatar
User

Mr. HCI

Rank

Crewman

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Arvada, Colorado, 'Murrica

by Mr. HCI » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The Australian dollar has risen 1.5 cents against the US dollar in the past week.

That represents a saving of over $200 on the cost of a cabin for me and the kids.

As long as the Aussie dollar keeps climbing like that I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks before booking commences :D

I just did the math. Good god, man. I knew that this was an expensive trip for you Aussies, but.... *head explodes*
User

DragonLordJones

Rank

Lieutenant

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Mayville, Wisconsin

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:35 pm

what not even a 200 days to go post? and Andy hasn't been on since whenever ….. wtf is up? Is SLAYER our first announcement? tune in tomorrow for our next no announcement and speculate on it's meaning! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:beerhorns: :givebeer:
70000tons of Metal 2011 Deck5 5563 2012 Deck5 5063BARGE TO HELL Deck5 5563 2013 DECK6 60572014 ... deck4 4557 2015 Deck 7 7225 2016 deck? cabin?2017 deck6 room?2018 deck6 6693
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 pm

The most recent posts on the website have been, in order:

- 300 days to go!
- Interview Ensiferum
- Interview Stam1na
- 8 Months to go!
- Interview Hamerfall
- Interview Exodus
- 7 months to go!

Only a week off "6 months to go!"

Will will get an "Interview XXX" before "6 months to go!"?

Will we get announcements before "6 months to go!"?

Will we get a "6 months to go!"?

Tune in next week for all the answers!
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi-/-Kamelot
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:43 am

They did update the dates on the Terms and Conditions page!
2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - Survivor (9678)
2019 - Please take my money!

Please...Accept-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Arkona-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Children.of.Bodom-|-Civil.War-|-Crimfall-|-Death.Angel-|-Delain-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Dragony-|-Edguy-|-Eluveitie-|-Ensiferum-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Falconer-|-Firewind-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Gloryhammer-|-Grave.Digger-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Hypocrisy-|-Holy.Grail-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Flames-|-Kamelot-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Manowar-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Pretty.Maids-|-Rage-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Stratovarius-|-Svbway.To.Sally-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-Twilight.Force-|-Tyr-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Van.Canto-|-Venom-|-Wintersun-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:28 am

mbob wrote:They did update the dates on the Terms and Conditions page!

Indeed. Do you know if this was recent?
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-The.Crown-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Evocation-/-Exmortus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kvelertak-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Myrkur-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am

Downvod wrote:
mbob wrote:They did update the dates on the Terms and Conditions page!

Indeed. Do you know if this was recent?

Unfortunately I do not. I happened to notice it yesterday.
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - Survivor (9678)

Please...Accept-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Arkona-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Children.of.Bodom-|-Civil.War-|-Crimfall-|-Death.Angel-|-Delain-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Dragony-|-Edguy-|-Eluveitie-|-Ensiferum-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Falconer-|-Firewind-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Gloryhammer-|-Grave.Digger-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Hypocrisy-|-Holy.Grail-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Flames-|-Kamelot-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Manowar-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Pretty.Maids-|-Rage-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Stratovarius-|-Svbway.To.Sally-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-Twilight.Force-|-Tyr-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Van.Canto-|-Venom-|-Wintersun-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:06 pm

The update is not showing on archive.org which is updated daily, so it must have been done today or yesterday.
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Godflesh wrote:The update is not showing on archive.org which is updated daily, so it must have been done today or yesterday.

Mhm, if nothing else, things are alive behind the scenes. Just wrote UMC asking them to update my email address (lost the old one), ten minutes later I got a response back saying it was done. Still as helpful as always, those guys.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

slayergeek

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 am

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Godflesh wrote:The update is not showing on archive.org which is updated daily, so it must have been done today or yesterday.

Mhm, if nothing else, things are alive behind the scenes. Just wrote UMC asking them to update my email address (lost the old one), ten minutes later I got a response back saying it was done. Still as helpful as always, those guys.

The beast is alive, though silent...ready to fully awaken only at its own leisure
Survivor
    2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Drummer/Singer_for
    FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Exmortus-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Black_Dahlia_Murder-/-Warbringer-
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:58 pm

$379.00 surcharge on every ticket,yes they updated also the cancellation dates are 2018.Also the book now link goes to “Sales dates for 70000 Tons Of Metal 2019 will be announced soon!’ vs. 2018 is Sold Out ,get on the waiting list.
My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:22 pm

VERY INTERESTING.

B) Pay In 2 Easy Monthly Installments

The Guest may choose to pay in 4 easy monthly installments. You pay a deposit of 25% of the Grand Total Ticket Price at the time of booking and then three additional monthly installments of 25% of the Grand Total Ticket Price 1 month, 2 months and 3 months from the date of booking.
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:23 pm

So it seems they've not updated the text only the heading, but the option to pay in 4 monthly installments is going to now be 2.
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:56 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:$379.00 surcharge on every ticket,yes they updated also the cancellation dates are 2018.Also the book now link goes to “Sales dates for 70000 Tons Of Metal 2019 will be announced soon!’ vs. 2018 is Sold Out ,get on the waiting list.

The terms page was recent, but the Book Now link was updated over a month ago at least. I check that link daily. :D

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-The.Crown-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Emperor-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Evocation-/-Exmortus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kvelertak-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Myrkur-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So it seems they've not updated the text only the heading, but the option to pay in 4 monthly installments is going to now be 2.

“Bookings made after October 24, 2018 must be paid in full at the time of booking.”So this seems that this was done in haste and they just used 3 months from today.The terms with 4 payments would put the last after booking (3 months from booking) at a date past the 24th of October.With all the delay this year ,there is one thing 70k can’t do ,and that is the must have some major portion of money to give to Royal Caribbean.My guess is the 2 payment system points to a much later booking date ,and you will have to send in 2nd part by the next month.So I wouldn’t be surprised in booking is weeks away,This also points to ‘yes,something is very wrong” and they are trying to put the cruise together.My guess is one of the backers dropped out and they are looking for someone else.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:46 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
cowboy71 wrote:So it seems they've not updated the text only the heading, but the option to pay in 4 monthly installments is going to now be 2.

“Bookings made after October 24, 2018 must be paid in full at the time of booking.”So this seems that this was done in haste and they just used 3 months from today.The terms with 4 payments would put the last after booking (3 months from booking) at a date past the 24th of October.With all the delay this year ,there is one thing 70k can’t do ,and that is the must have some major portion of money to give to Royal Caribbean.My guess is the 2 payment system points to a much later booking date ,and you will have to send in 2nd part by the next month.So I wouldn’t be surprised in booking is weeks away,This also points to ‘yes,something is very wrong” and they are trying to put the cruise together.My guess is one of the backers dropped out and they are looking for someone else.

The October date is BACKWARDS from the departure date. It was October 25th last year.
This is a pure calendar change based on the departure date.
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Hmm, the archive seems unreliable, it still doesn’t have the “7 months” update for the home page, it stops at June 27th (3 days before).
So we can only infer that the Terms update was made after June 27th, otherwise it would probably have been crawled with the rest of the site that day.
They say there’s a 3-10h delay between crawling and appearance on archive.org, so if the updated page doesn’t appear by tomorrow, it was just missed earlier.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Godflesh wrote:
deathmetalpat wrote:

The October date is BACKWARDS from the departure date. It was October 25th last year.
This is a pure calendar change based on the departure date.

It still sloppy work and shows they just had to do it ,this and the fact they just stopped 70k Tv after 2 days means something went wrong.They even had 2 ‘meet the bands” contests by nobody even responded,so they are going though the motions with social media promotion and logistics but no real things are getting done.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:11 pm

The header change cannot be accidental. I’m guessing they mean 2 payments of half 2 months apart, so that everyone has paid one month ahead of departure, instead of one week.
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:15 pm

It will be very interesting to see if Andy/70K make an appearance/promotion at Heavy Montreal in a few days, like in previous years.
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Hmm, I didn't notice the sloppy two payment change.

All this is starting to feel bad. Maybe I should start planning my trip to London...
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:They even had 2 ‘meet the bands” contests by nobody even responded,so they are going though the motions with social media promotion and logistics but no real things are getting done.

I was selected and did the Hammerfall interview in Houston on June 20. I entered through Facebook not the forum so there are no entries there. They advertise it on Facebook and Twitter as well.

When I did the interview I was in contact with 70000tons.TV. They hired a local freelance videographer to film it. However, the video was provided to them on June 22 and I have yet to hear back from them regarding it. Edit... I just emailed my contact and they responded within minutes. According to them the video is finished and is waiting on 70K to post.

I did post about our frustration on July 17 on the 70000 Tons Facebook page via a post comment and their response to me was "We get your frustration guys, we're on it!"
Last edited by mbob on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - Survivor (9678)

User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Phoenix wrote:Hmm, I didn't notice the sloppy two payment change.

All this is starting to feel bad. Maybe I should start planning my trip to Australia...

Fixed it for you. :)
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:13 pm

All this frustration will be forgotten SOOO quickly when they announce JUDAS PRIEST (who only have one show announced in 2019, in France on 1/27, just in time) as the first band :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 pm

mbob wrote:
deathmetalpat wrote:They even had 2 ‘meet the bands” contests by nobody even responded,so they are going though the motions with social media promotion and logistics but no real things are getting done.

I was selected and did the Hammerfall interview in Houston on June 20. I entered through Facebook not the forum so there are no entries there. They advertise it on Facebook and Twitter as well.

When I did the interview I was in contact with 70000tons.TV. They hired a local freelance videographer to film it. However, the video was provided to them on June 22 and I have yet to hear back from them regarding it. Edit... I just emailed my contact and they responded within minutes. According to them the video is finished and is waiting on 70K to post.

I did post about our frustration on July 17 on the 70000 Tons Facebook page via a post comment and their response to me was "We get your frustration guys, we're on it!"
Well at least they carried though,so here is something werid ,they posted a commercial video on June 26, but didn't post it in their videos section.So it doesn't show up in the app nor do you get a notification. Here is the link , . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdm-xihB9JA
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:07 pm

That is soooo lame :P :P :heavydrink:
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:11 am

Godflesh wrote:All this frustration will be forgotten SOOO quickly when they announce JUDAS PRIEST (who only have one show announced in 2019, in France on 1/27, just in time) as the first band :mrgreen:

Maybe they have to wait for the Iron Maiden tour to end in August before they can announce them as the first band!
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - Survivor (9678)

User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:58 pm

It's been changed back to 4 now.
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Godflesh wrote:

They must have been reading our posts and said oh crap! :lol:
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - Survivor (9678)

User

slayergeek

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 am

by slayergeek » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:08 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
mbob wrote:

Well at least they carried though,so here is something werid ,they posted a commercial video on June 26, but didn't post it in their videos section.So it doesn't show up in the app nor do you get a notification. Here is the link , . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdm-xihB9JA

Could have been worse, I was suspecting that the video was going to Rickroll me, but no...it the video as described. Pretty generic, but as advertised.
Survivor
    2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Drummer/Singer_for
    FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Exmortus-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Black_Dahlia_Murder-/-Warbringer-
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Godflesh wrote:

I think these cancellation refund dates were slightly modified also.
“until October 31, 2018 USD 100.00 per Passenger
until November 30, 2018 25% of Grand Total Ticket Price
until December 31, 2018 50% of Grand Total Ticket Price”

So with 4 payments let’s say Public booking is at least a month away,then a public booker would have 3 months from their booking date to pay in full.So they could make the last payment on 25 November.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:36 pm

I received a paper letter from the travel insurance company I use every year, with useless info.
It's their way of saying: "Hey, every year you give us free money, but we noticed you haven't given us money yet this year. Is everything OK?"
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:54 am

Godflesh wrote:I received a paper letter from the travel insurance company I use every year, with useless info.
It's their way of saying: "Hey, every year you give us free money, but we noticed you haven't given us money yet this year. Is everything OK?"

I get the insurance also, costs me about $80 but worth every penny for me. I had a gallbladder attack in 2016, was left in Jamaica on Saturday in the hospital, had to find my own way home after the ship left.

Bob wrote:I get the insurance mostly for emergency medical or evacuation. The trip cancellation costs are minimal compared to medical expenses incurred in a foreign country. Take lots of credit. One lady in the hospital with me was being asked for $15K USD for additional tests. I’ve heard horror stories about people being stuck in Mexico where the hospital was demanding $20K USD before they would allow them to leave.
Wishlist 2019:Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung-/-Myrkur-/-Vermilia-/-Inquisition-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Gojira-/-Babymetal-/-Burning_Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Unleash_the_Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron_Maidens-/-The_Heard-/-Tengger_Cavalry-/-Visigoth-/-Jinjer-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Behemoth-/-Vader-/-Napalm_Death-/-Haha_I_learned_how_to_make_my_signature_the_big_long_list_of_bands_nobody_cares_about.

Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:56 am

70K Mission Statement:

Under Promise
Under Deliver

no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Downvod wrote:70K Mission Statement:

Under Promise
Under Deliver