ollyhills

Rank

Oiler

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:07 am

UK

Newbie free loading English looking for early buy handouts

by ollyhills » Tue May 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Ahoy y'all.

My buddy and I shall be coming out next year for the first time and I was wondering - are the cheapest rooms likely to have sold out once the gold and silver survivors have had their go? And if that's the case what would the chances be that someone who has one of these magical codes and won't be going might be willing/able to donate it to a good cause?

Been wanting to come since day one so I SERIOUSLY don't wanna wind up getting priced out now all the pieces have finally fallen into place!

Cheers guys! :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Sweden

Re: Newbie free loading English looking for early buy handou

by gnoff_the_creep » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 am

Likelihood cheapest cabins sell out for gold veterans:
Pretty much 100% I'd say, silver vets I don't think stand a chance even.
For this year I was a few hours late for gold vets to book a twin cabin at cheapest price, they were already gone.

As for using a code as someone else vet, don't think this work, the vet using the code needs to be primary/lead passenger and have responsibility for the remaining passengers when it comes to payment (I think).

Best bet I'd say is don't make up a budget looking at the cheapest prices for the cabins.
PINK

http://twitter.com/rockgnoff/

http://rockgnoff.blogspot.se/
User

ollyhills

Rank

Oiler

UK

by ollyhills » Wed May 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Hmm fair enough. Cheers man! I guess it's not exactly cheap in the first place so I should just get used to having to pay whatever I'll have to pay lol
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 pm

There are options. You could each book a single ticket in a room with others for pretty cheap. You spend very little time in your cabin, I assure you. This gets you one cruise under your belt and you'll at least have silver the following year.

Either way, whatever it takes... get on board man. It's worth whatever sacrifices you have to make. It's all I look forward to all year long.
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Thu May 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Repeating what some others have said...basically, add a few hundred per-person to your mental budget for the cruise and have your buddy do the same. The price difference between the "cheapest" staterooms and what may be available when you can book is likely to be around $200-300 per person...but probably not more than $300. Last year, bookings finally opened around mid-July, so -- with luck -- you might have that kind of timeframe to save up the money.
You could also look in the "Roommates" sub-forum here to see if any previous survivors have any openings for two people in their bookings.
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
User

ollyhills

Rank

Oiler

UK

by ollyhills » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Cheers for the advice guys!

I'm getting antsy now, I just wanna get this in the can and officially on track!
User

alex_canada

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Winnipeg

by alex_canada » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:22 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the requirement to be a gold cruiser gets bumped up to 5 years this time or next. The pool of 3 year cruisers must be pretty big by now.
3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Blink 182, Chthonic, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Pagan's Mind, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:38 pm

alex_canada wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the requirement to be a gold cruiser gets bumped up to 5 years this time or next. The pool of 3 year cruisers must be pretty big by now.

Bite yer tongue! :lol:
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Aeternam--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Booked (1568)
User

ExtraneouS

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Halifax, NS, Canada

by ExtraneouS » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm

I doubt that they would change the Gold category like that, but I could see a Platinum category added.
Wishlist
Aeternam-/-Æther-Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Ancient-Rites-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-At-The-Gates-/-Avantasia-/-Babymetal-/-Battle-Beast-/-Battlecross-/-Be'lakor-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Brocas-Helm-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Cannibal-Corpse-/-Carach-Angren-/-Children-of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum-/-Evocation-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galaktikon-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-Hammerfall-/-Heathen-/-Hoth-/-Insomnium-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lagerstein-/-Nanowar-of-Steel-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Nightwish-/-Pathfinder-/-Powerwolf-/-Primal-Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Richard-Cheese-/-Sabaton-/-Seven-Kingdoms-/-Skalmold-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-The-Dread-Crew-of-Oddwood-/-Triosphere-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Tyr-/-Unleash-the-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart
70k2015 Survivor - 2328
70k2016 Survivor - 7511
70k2017 Survivor - 6523
User

Ti7aNiC

Rank

Oiler

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Pickering, ON, Canada

by Ti7aNiC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 am

alex_canada wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the requirement to be a gold cruiser gets bumped up to 5 years this time or next. The pool of 3 year cruisers must be pretty big by now.

I can certainly see this happening. :( I just need to make it to 5 before it does then all is okay. :)
Survivor:
70K 2016 & 70K 2017; looking for gold in 2018!

2018 Wishlist:
AmonAmarth-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-DevinTownsend-/-GoatWhore-/-Gojira-/-Insomnium-/-JudasPriest-/-Kataklysm-/-Khôrada-/-Mgla-/-NeObliviscaris-/-Opeth-/-Persefone-/-Pillorian-/-ProtestTheHero-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Satyricon-/-Stratovarius-/-Týr-/-Thrawsunblat-/-Vesperia-/-Wolfheart

C A P E   B R E T O N
C A N A D A

You'll find me in the moshtub.