Locked 201 posts
70K 2018 Rumours and Predictions Thread
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 70K 2018 Rumours and Predictions Thread

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:27 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    cegr80 wrote:Skipper said he wants to sail to Cuba, so I see it happening whenever they have a proper cruise terminal

Cuba would be cool, but if the Orange Menace is still in the White House, it would probably not politically be possible.

Lol, U.S.-based cruises are still allowed to go to Cuba, but there are some additional restrictions in place, mostly regarding excursions involving the Cuban military.
    All the "Big Three" cruise lines have cruises scheduled for Havana through 2018, although they have to use smaller, shallower-draft ships. Royal bought Empress of the Seas back from a subsidiary (Pullmantur Cruises) expressly for Havana itineraries. It's a tiny ship; smaller than our old Majesty.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 pm

URIAH HEEP start their North American tour Feb 6th?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 pm

Looks like a ‘S’ band has been leaked on Facebook. The singer’s name rhymes with Elmo, and he needs to Scour his reputation.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:19 am

Godflesh wrote:Looks like a ‘S’ band has been leaked on Facebook. The singer’s name rhymes with Elmo, and he needs to Scour his reputation.

don't tease me like that
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 am

Azazel101 wrote:URIAH HEEP start their North American tour Feb 6th?

Cool, just as long as they play that "Wizard" song. :lol:
    If Andy is going that way I'd rather see Blue Oyster Cult, though I suspect their guarantee is sky-high.

Godflesh wrote:Looks like a ‘S’ band has been leaked on Facebook. The singer’s name rhymes with Elmo, and he needs to Scour his reputation.

Oops. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:45 am

Azazel101 wrote:

don't tease me like that

Not really a tease... Scour has a sale on their bikinis with the code 70KTON2018, just in time for 70000tons, according to their facebook post.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:08 am

I'll try to get a photo with Philou then, while wearing my Zyklon wristband.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:42 am

Scour would be great!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:22 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:

don't tease me like that

Not really a tease... Scour has a sale on their bikinis with the code 70KTON2018, just in time for 70000tons, according to their facebook post.

well then I think we found our singer for WALK for the Jeff Waters All Star Jam :shred:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 am

That would be amazing!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:34 pm

meshuggah wrote:That would be amazing!

Ys it Will be!!!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Godflesh wrote:70K just liked Nergal's page on FB.
    But Belphegor liked their 6-month post.
    So score 1 for Behemoth, 1 for Belphegor.
    I'm betting both.

Winner: Belphegor.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Just noticed that Satyricon has a break in their tour from January 28th through February 8th. They've announced that 2018 will be their last US tour. Wonder if it's possible even though they did not have the best of times last time they were onbroad.
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 am

meshuggah wrote:Just noticed that Satyricon has a break in their tour from January 28th through February 8th. They've announced that 2018 will be their last US tour. Wonder if it's possible even though they did not have the best of times last time they were onbroad.

but they were awesome. probably you are right and they will be announced sooon.. :givebeer: :givebeer:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 am

meshuggah wrote:Just noticed that Satyricon has a break in their tour from January 28th through February 8th. They've announced that 2018 will be their last US tour. Wonder if it's possible even though they did not have the best of times last time they were onbroad.

I totally don't expect it......but I'd totally love it if they were booked. :bmhorns:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 pm

I find it unlikely. In their announcement they stated that they have had issues touring the US in the past (Visa perhaps?). So do not see them coming to the US for a one-off. If they were, then I would have expected them to schedule the tour accordingly. Similar as to how the announced NA tour incorporates Maryland Deathfest.

Definitely a situation where I would be more then happy to be proven wrong though.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Amon Amarth is touring with Sabaton after the cruise.
    I'm just sayin' :twisted:

And Sabaton is headlining:
    Last edited by Godflesh on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Godflesh wrote:Amon Amarth is touring with Sabaton after the cruise.
    I'm just sayin' :twisted:

I don't think anyone wants Amon Amarth onbroad.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:36 pm

I predict that once again the wild speculation about top level bands will fizz into the void.Except for Wintersun the big boat doesn’t get any great announcements the last week.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Castroh wrote:I spoke with Maurizio Iacono in Chicago a few days ago. He said Kataklysm was asked to be onboard, but he's not sure if they're going to play yet. He told Andy that they'd be a last minute announcement if they need an additional band.

I guess Andy needed his last minute band. ;)
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Castroh wrote:
    Castroh wrote:I spoke with Maurizio Iacono in Chicago a few days ago. He said Kataklysm was asked to be onboard, but he's not sure if they're going to play yet. He told Andy that they'd be a last minute announcement if they need an additional band.

I guess Andy needed his last minute band. ;)

Aha, we may have a winner!
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Would love it to be Kobra and The Lotus, but yeah sounds like its going to be Kataklysm.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:44 pm

We're FINALLY getting closure on those:

Aborted - were asked twice (Barge & 2014) but could not make it before. They keep Jan-Feb free to be able to do it.
    Leaves Eyes - seen with Andy at the Metal Hammer awards 2015
    Metal Church - leaked the news that they were on broad 2015 but the change of lead singers blew that.
    Sabaton - love the cruise.
    Septicflesh - Itching to return
    Sonata Arctica - wanted to be on 2014 but "the promoter went missing"
    Swallow The Sun - they wanted on in 2016
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:08 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:I predict that once again the wild speculation about top level bands will fizz into the void.Except for Wintersun the big boat doesn’t get any great announcements the last week.

I dunno, the Overkill/Carcass announcement last year was pretty awesome.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 pm

Gratch wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:I predict that once again the wild speculation about top level bands will fizz into the void.Except for Wintersun the big boat doesn’t get any great announcements the last week.

I agree with you on the Overkill/Carcass announcement. Personal musical tastes can determine if you feel that an announcement is great or not.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Sgt. B wrote:I agree with you on the Overkill/Carcass announcement. Personal musical tastes can determine if you feel that an announcement is great or not.

Meant nothing whatsoever to me - totally not to me taste. But I could not deny that it was a pretty big announcement for a final one.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:55 am

Gratch wrote:

I not sure if Carcass was a make-up for the un-announcement of Nile and Gojira but Overkill definitely was a last minute call.So the net effect was I lost a band I wanted to see (Gojira) But actually forgot about those 2 (didn’t see them because conflicts and seen them on the boat before).But I really referring to the top wish list bands people keep on thinking are going to be added.Seeing Amon Amarth or a never boater anymore like Satyricon being thrown around is laughable.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 am

Heya Cruisers!

If I may, go back to where we think, the cruise might head to in 2019.
    I just looked at some of the Caribbean destinations here:
    https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/cr ... de_CO=true

I think we can rule Cuba out. As someone posted earlier.
    I missed the cruise to Haiti.
    So, I hope we go there!
    Not Cozumel. Not Mexico again.
    Mi encanta Mexico!

But, I guess we gotta wait a few more days yet to find out.
    Let me know what Andy says on the last night of the boat!!!!
    Cya yesterday

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 am

Cardest wrote:Heya Cruisers!

If I may, go back to where we think, the cruise might head to in 2019.
    I just looked at some of the Caribbean destinations here:
    https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/cr ... de_CO=true

I think we can rule Cuba out. As someone posted earlier.
    I missed the cruise to Haiti.
    So, I hope we go there!
    Not Cozumel. Not Mexico again.
    Mi encanta Mexico!

But, I guess we gotta wait a few more days yet to find out.
    Let me know what Andy says on the last night of the boat!!!!
    Cya yesterday

There's a chance we could go to CocoCay. It's Royal's private island and until now has been "off the table" because it's a tender port, and with a full boat it would take a while to get us all off and then back on again.
    BUT.....Royal is building a dock there, and it's supposed to be finished around October, so we could possibly go there in 2019.

Another possibility: I think Amber Cove, Dominican Republic is within range, barely. It's a Carnival port, not Royal, but then again, so is Grand Turk. Amber Cove isn't quite as nice as Grand Turk as there isn't a beach within walking distance like there is at GT, but it has a HUGE free pool and water complex, inexpensive ziplines (about $20 for an all-day pass), and there are a lot of excursions you can take.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:43 am

If Amber Cove has no nearby beach, then I'm not into going there. Falmouth was like that, and I hated that port. CocoCay sounds cool if they can in fact get a dock. I definitely wouldn't want to tender.

I know others said they aren't into it, but I'd like going to Mexico. I've never been there before... Canada has always been the way closer neighbor to me.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:54 pm

sara wrote:If Amber Cove has no nearby beach, then I'm not into going there. Falmouth was like that, and I hated that port.

Me, too.
    I liked Amber Cove, when I was there a few years ago. No pressure from "local vendors" like at Nassau or the straw-market at Labadee, and the newly-built port area is really nice. We did an all-inclusive for the day at a villa at a nearby resort -- with a beach, but since we had an open bar we stayed near it :D -- and it was awesome.

CocoCay sounds cool if they can in fact get a dock. I definitely wouldn't want to tender.

70K tendered when they went to Grand Cayman, but I can't imagine it was pretty. I was there last October and I liked the place, but tendering is always a bear.
    I know others said they aren't into it, but I'd like going to Mexico. I've never been there before... Canada has always been the way closer neighbor to me.

The only Mexican ports on this side that I can think of are Cozumel and Costa Maya. I like Coz; Costa Maya is kinda meh.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:16 pm

The problem with CocoCay is it so freaking close to Florida.The ship would barely be moving the whole cruise and if the weather is chilly in Florida it is also in CocoCay.Other than that if the tender boats where gone it is awesome.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:48 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:The problem with CocoCay is it so freaking close to Florida.The ship would barely be moving the whole cruise

They could just sail in circles, or if needed, sail away from any wet weather. That happens a lot with short cruises and used to happen with "cruises to nowhere." It's better because slow cruising reduces the wind across the deck...better for bands playing the pool-deck stage.
    and if the weather is chilly in Florida it is also in CocoCay.

Now that IS a valid concern.
    Dangit, I wanna go. The snorkeling is great at CocoCay and I haven't been there since right before the first 70K.
    Other than that if the tender boats where gone it is awesome.

Yep, the new dock is supposed to be finished by October, plus they're upgrading the facilities on the island to handle two big ships at once. Right now their larger ships seldom stop there (excepting Anthem).
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Pellaz wrote:The only Mexican ports on this side that I can think of are Cozumel and Costa Maya. I like Coz; Costa Maya is kinda meh.

I feel like I'm the only one that enjoyed Costa Maya. Probably because I left the port. Spent all afternoon in Mahahual eating tacos and drinking beer on a shaded couch. It was nice.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:The problem with CocoCay is it so freaking close to Florida.The ship would barely be moving the whole cruise

They could just sail in circles, or if needed, sail away from any wet weather. That happens a lot with short cruises and used to happen with "cruises to nowhere." It's better because slow cruising reduces the wind across the deck...better for bands playing the pool-deck stage.

That was the case on Barge to Hell, as Nassau was quite close. You could see the circles on the trip map. We also got to see some pool deck shows with a lightning storm off in the distance. It was fantastic.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Ahh gracias!

Amber Cover in Dominicana seems really interesting.

There are some waterfalls nearby that seem to be for the adventurist.
    https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/27 ... 1586?hl=en

I love souvenirs!
    Costa Maya, Mexico was great for temples but not one sticker, in the port. Not one!
    I've been to Mexico 6 times!
    So I just wanna go somewhere else. Exotic. New.
    Never been to the Bahamas either.
    CocoCay looks wonderful.
    But, I think I would hate to sail around in circles.
    I'd rather a more further out into the Caribbean experience.
    Grand Turk to this day, remains my favourite port we sailed to, so far.
    :boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Pellaz!
    That wishlist...Yes!
    2018 Wishlist:
    Abbath---Animals.As.Leaders----Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth---Behemoth----Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity----anything.Dan.Swano
    --Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous----Melechesh---
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child---Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage---Slough.Feg--t--Devin.Townsend.Project--

So many of those are mine, 2019.
    Slough Feg, a big yes!
    Hammers of Misfortune too!

But anyway, I'm happy no matter where we go in 2019.

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:52 pm

Cardest wrote:But anyway, I'm happy no matter where we go in 2019.

Me, too. Even Nassau.

(Oh please don't be Nassau.)
    2025 Wishlist:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:55 am

Nassau!
    Well, I hear it's rubbish!
    I've never been there.

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 am

It’s Labadee ,Haiti again.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned