User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

Riptide

by Downvod » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm

I am looking for some feedback on staying at or near the Riptide the night before the cruise. I had stayed by the Clevelander this past year and a dive hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for the 2016 cruise. How does the pre-cruise gathering by the Riptide compare to the South Beach party?
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

Re: Riptide

by Phoenix » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:29 pm

It's way more chill, but you can still easily have a good time. I stayed at a cheap place just off the path from Margaritaville on Hollywood Beach, by myself. It was cheaper than anything else, and day one I met a big group of metalheads and spent the couple days before partying with them. You can do just fine.

What I ultimately wound up doing was splitting an Uber with some other people down to South Beach for the really big party. It was like 40 bucks max for an UberX, if you split it four ways it's totally worth the cost. So if you find the Riptide crowd too tame for your liking it's not like you're trapped one way or another.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:15 pm

I'll be at Riptide this year, because I like smaller gatherings. Other than chatting up Mr. Salmiakki and a couple others, I felt kind of lost in the crowd at the Miami party. I personally liked 2015 the best, when we were all in Hollywood and we did a smaller night out of drinking first, where I was able to meet people and relax. Same with 2016 and the karaoke night, brewery night and beer tasting.

I definitely need to get in the loop of the Hollywood happenings this year. It's too early to know anything for certain, but I'd love to have a hang-out night in Hollywood to meet new people and chill.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:52 am

Is the pre-party in Miami again this year?
User

Papa Emeritus

Rank

Oiler

Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:38 am

Sweden

by Papa Emeritus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:10 am

Godflesh wrote:Is the pre-party in Miami again this year?

Yes, the Clevelander is going to be huge this year. They also have deals for cruisers. Great prices, free drinks, discounts etc.

Also, one thing people may not realize, they will be hiring multiple buses to take everyone from Clevelander to Port Everglades throughout the day on the 1st - Costs maybe 10 or 20 bucks. Pretty cheap!

Hollywood beach is an awesome time with some great people also. Alot more chill, but when I partied there last year I met some people I am still good friends with. Clevelander will be massive and rocking, Hollywood will be a bit more on the chill side. Either choice is a good choice.

Cheers,

Papa :death:
Wishlist
Ghost - Devin Townsend - Soilwork - Sabaton - Borknagar - Abbath - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Igorr - Septic Flesh - Enslaved - Skeletonwitch - Satyricon - Belphegor - Dan Swano - Belakor - Gojira - Ulver - Carach Angren - Avatar -
2013 - Survivor
2014 - Survivor
2015 - Abandoned ship
2016 - Survivor
2017 - Survivor