Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1
How loud are the staterooms near the venues?
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

How loud are the staterooms near the venues?

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:34 am

We're thinking of trying for deck 10 this year and wondering how loud the rooms are under the pool deck stage. Anyone have experience being above, below, or adjacent to a venue?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

Re: How loud are the staterooms near the venues?

by Downvod » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:56 am

acidbasement wrote:We're thinking of trying for deck 10 this year and wondering how loud the rooms are under the pool deck stage. Anyone have experience being above, below, or adjacent to a venue?

In 2016, We were on deck 7 in the promenade rooms, and I can tell you the bass from the ice rink was a legitimate issue. We requested a room at the back of the boat this past year and it was much better.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:53 am

We were on deck 2 last year...it was a HUGE issue. The room was literally vibrating! No sleep possible until the bands finished at either 5 or 6 AM
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:23 am

meshuggah wrote:We were on deck 2 last year...it was a HUGE issue. The room was literally vibrating! No sleep possible until the bands finished at either 5 or 6 AM

I've been on deck 2 before, next to the entrance to the theater, and never had such experience, slept like a baby any time.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Radashar
    Oiler

by Radashar » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 am

I was in one of the deck 2 ocean view rooms directly across the hall from the ice rink stage access door this year. You could hear some every once in a while, but if you are external side it wasn't very bad. I imagine the internal ones would be worse.

We had more trouble from the Snore band :lol:
    2017 - 2292
    2018 - 2250
    2019 - 2562
    2020 - deck 2 somewhere!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Radashar wrote:I was in one of the deck 2 ocean view rooms directly across the hall from the ice rink stage access door this year. You could hear some every once in a while, but if you are external side it wasn't very bad. I imagine the internal ones would be worse.

Same with us....we had an oceanview close to the Studio B (ice rink) stage along the side, but sound from the shows was seldom an issue. A lot of the interiors along our hallway were reserved for stage-crew, and I wondered how it was for them. They were probably too tired to care. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bleedingkyo
    Oiler

by bleedingkyo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:30 pm

when I was in 6223 it was above the pyramid lounge, i believe. The drums and bass vibrated the whole room. It was difficult to sleep unless you were very drunk and tired. Last year in 2313, middle and bottom of the boat, was basically silent. This I have a 9th deck balcony... Im sure we'll hear the pool stage..
    2016- Cabin 6223
    2017- Cabin 2313
    2018- Cabin 9272
    2019- Abandoned ship
    2020- Cabin 8604
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 pm

bleedingkyo wrote:when I was in 6223 it was above the pyramid lounge, i believe. The drums and bass vibrated the whole room. It was difficult to sleep unless you were very drunk and tired. Last year in 2313, middle and bottom of the boat, was basically silent. This I have a 9th deck balcony... Im sure we'll hear the pool stage..

No ,balcony is quiet at that level.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I don't remember the year or venue but one year we were right above one of sphynx lounge (I think). We we're getting ready to bed and all of a sudden felt the barrage of double bass drumming thanks to Rotting Christ. Other than that, I don't think we heard much else. Maybe some of DragonForce?
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Had a deck 2 ocean view room last year, right next to the stairs leading up to the theater. Barely ever heard it.
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:05 am

Stayed above the Pyramid this year as well. It was horrible the first night, got NO sleep. The second night I just drank a little more and wore my headphones to bed and slept much better. If you are an insomniac, be cautious. I will be bringing my melatonin next round just in case...
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    bleedingkyo
    Oiler

by bleedingkyo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 pm

spooky wrote:Stayed above the Pyramid this year as well. It was horrible the first night, got NO sleep. The second night I just drank a little more and wore my headphones to bed and slept much better. If you are an insomniac, be cautious. I will be bringing my melatonin next round just in case...

Yeah I am consciously avoiding that area of the boat now unless I'm high enough above. I need to nap when I plan to or else it tends to mess me up and I end up missing shit because then I'm too exhausted later.
    2016- Cabin 6223
    2017- Cabin 2313
    2018- Cabin 9272
    2019- Abandoned ship
    2020- Cabin 8604
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 am

bleedingkyo wrote:when I was in 6223 it was above the pyramid lounge, i believe. The drums and bass vibrated the whole room. It was difficult to sleep unless you were very drunk and tired. Last year in 2313, middle and bottom of the boat, was basically silent. This I have a 9th deck balcony... Im sure we'll hear the pool stage..

Good to know... I'm in 6225.

:shock:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:

You booked this year?? Yay!!! :party:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:35 am

Daenerys wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

Yes ma'am!
    Love the profile pic... gorgeous!! Brian looks good too! :)
    Yes.. the pastiness from the Northern Tundra shall sail again. Lots of Class of 2011 coming.. Marlo, Evican(Rachael from Aus. Wally,Tim and Wendy.

:pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

Yes ma'am!
    Yes.. the pastiness from the Northern Tundra shall sail again. Lots of Class of 2011 coming.. Marlo, Evican(Rachael from Aus. Wally,Tim and Wendy.

I might have to change our cabin so we can be neighbors again. :beerwink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

Yes ma'am!

Awwww thanks! :oops: Yes Gnoffi mentioned Marlo would be booking, can't wait to see everyone again!

mooyagi wrote:I might have to change our cabin so we can be neighbors again. :beerwink:

Or you could both move up to Deck 8 :mrgreen:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Daenerys wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I might have to change our cabin so we can be neighbors again. :beerwink:

Or you could both move up to Deck 8 :mrgreen:

But that means more cabin money and less beer money. :beerwink:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:

YAY! Class of 2011 peeps :boobs:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1