User

taketheday

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am

Switzerland

Re: VERY unhappy with line up so far.

by taketheday » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:34 am

Tigerclaw_x wrote:So far it has been "puke metal central". Very few non death/or growley thrash bands. Reality check: this is NOT Barge to hell tour. Reality check, this is NOT death metal festival. Keep it up and I am sitting this one out. Only TWO bands are to my liking so far: Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica and In Extremo... THREE out of 12, Karl. Thats CRAPPY average. Hope there will be actually GOOD bands

They have to consider the tastes of everyone of us and it is not easy, I suppose. Every years I'm also complaining but at the end there are more bands than I like and I'm never able to see all of them :roll: I'm not at all a death/black or other 'hard' metal bands fan, but a lot of metalheads are and there are some bands for everyone. I don't know if you already did one cruise, but believe me, more bands you want to see, more difficulties you have to manage :wank:
2013: 7545
2014: 9554
2015: 2633
2016: 7320
2017/2018: 7624

4th-Dimension-/-Abinchova-/-Alestorm-/-Amberian-Dawn-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Anti-Tank-Nun-/-Apocalyptica-/-Astralion-/-Avantasia-/-Avelion-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Celtibeerian-/-Chronomancy-/-Crystallion-/-Derdian-/-Dreamshade-/-Dynazty-/-Ego-Fall-/-Ensiferum-/-Epicrenel-/-Eternal-Fear-/-Excelsis-/-Finntroll-/-Fogalord-/-Freedom-Call-/-Frosttide-/-Gonoreas-/-Gotthard-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-Flames-/-InnerWish-/-Juvaliant-/-Kaledon-/-Kamikaze-Kings-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kotiteollisuus-/-Krokus-/-Lordi-/-Los-Bastardos-Finlandeses-/-Magic-Kingdom-/-Majesty-Of-Revival-/-Melodius-Deite-/-Nonpoint-/-Operadyse-/-Pertness-/-Pretty-Maids-/-Ravenage-/-Sabaton-/-Secret-Illusion-/-Sideburn-/-SnakeyeS-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Stratovarius-/-Summoned-Tide-/-Svartsot-/-Teräsbetoni-/-To/Die/For-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Troll-Bends-Fir-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Tyr-/-Veonity-/-Volbeat-/-Vexillum-/-Wind-Rose-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun[/size]

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
User

Monmisreal

Rank

Lieutenant

Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Palm Harbor, FL

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:22 am

I remember your bitching from last year and im glad youre unhappy with the lineup. If itll keep one less jackass from booking then I say bring on the sulfuric acid gurgling vocalists. Right now its a fairly mixed group of genres this early in the announcements.
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 am

Monmisreal wrote:I remember your bitching from last year and im glad youre unhappy with the lineup. If itll keep one less jackass from booking then I say bring on the sulfuric acid gurgling vocalists. Right now its a fairly mixed group of genres this early in the announcements.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AstralDoors-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-Benediction-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Borknagar-Brainstorm-Candlemass-CirithUngol-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-Danzig-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DevinTownsendProject-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enshine-Enslaved-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exodus-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Flotsam&Jetsam-TheGathering-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GloriorBelli-Goatwhore-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HallowsEve-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-Helix-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-InTheWoods-InterArma-InVain-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kreator-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-MachineHead-MaelMordha-Melechesh-Memoriam-Meshuggah-MetalChurch-Mgla-Miasmal-MonsterMagnet-Moonloop-MournfulCongregation-MysticProphecy-Naglfar-Nails-Necrophobic-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-NocturnalRites-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Obsequiae-Obscura-ObsidianTongue-OctoberTide-Okera-TheOcean-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche(LaTorre)-Remembrance-RottenSound-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-Scorpions-SearBliss-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShadowGallery-ShapeOfDespair-Sirenia-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-Taake-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheRuinsOfBeverast-TheSecret-Thulcandra-Triptykon-TwistedSister-U.D.O./Dirkschneider-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Ulveheim-Unleashed-Vektor-Vinterland-Voices(UK)-Voivod-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witchcraft-Witchery-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-Wolfchant-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Wolvhammer-Yakuza-Yob-Zhrine-ZimmersHole

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017&BtH(2012)
User

General Zod

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:26 am

I get the frustration, when one band after another that you don't care for gets announced. But here's the thing with the line-up, if one or two bands you love get announced, you all of a sudden start looking at the entire line up as glass half full, rather than glass half empty. Two-thirds of the line up hasn't been announced. Anything can happen. That said, I would like to see a bit more black metal on the ship this year.
***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Zhrine
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:40 pm

General Zod wrote:That said, I would like to see a bit more black metal on the ship this year.

Absolutely, more than just 2 that we usually get please. Behemoth topside at midnight in 2015 still gives me the chills, was the best experience. Would love to see em again, but there are so many yet to see.

And it would be a first if Andy could book an Atmospheric Ambient Black Metal Band, I would overjoyed.
Wishlist 2018: Gojira-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-Fleshgod-Apoc-/-Hanzel und Gretyl-/-InAeona-/-Babymetal-/-In this Moment-/-Burning Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Angelspit-/-Unleash the Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron Maidens-/-The Heard-/-Myrkur

70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17
User

Sickening Gore

Rank

Oiler

Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Las Vegas, NV

by Sickening Gore » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:20 pm

I only like maybe 1/5 of the entire lineup every year but that's plenty enough worth it for me. Get your balls out of your coin purse. Goregrind is unrepresented on the boat, Gutalax, Rompeprop, Putrid Pile, etc. on here would be insane.
User

Dutchguy-Tim

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Sickening Gore wrote:I only like maybe 1/5 of the entire lineup every year but that's plenty enough worth it for me. Get your balls out of your coin purse. Goregrind is unrepresented on the boat, Gutalax, Rompeprop, Putrid Pile, etc. on here would be insane.

Would be cool, only rompeprop quit some time ago.
Other dutch replacements: rectal smegma or kutschurft
Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Bob wrote:
General Zod wrote:That said, I would like to see a bit more black metal on the ship this year.

Absolutely, more than just 2 that we usually get please. Behemoth topside at midnight in 2015 still gives me the chills, was the best experience. Would love to see em again, but there are so many yet to see.

And it would be a first if Andy could book an Atmospheric Ambient Black Metal Band, I would overjoyed.

2016 had quite a bit of black metal.
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
User

PlagueofBabylon

Rank

Oiler

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:41 am

by PlagueofBabylon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm

2017 had about 10 bands that I considered 2 setters but due to a problem I had in my personal life, I had to cancel my booking. It added to 3 months of the doldrums, depression, anxiety, and overall no happiness. I have never been on the cruise and was hoping 2017 would be my first and it fell apart.

2018 will be different. Right now there are four bands that I'd go to both sets for and the rest I really could care less for but I have an open mind. If you're going on this cruise for just the shows, you're probably doing it wrong.
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Sickening Gore wrote:I only like maybe 1/5 of the entire lineup every year but that's plenty enough worth it for me. Get your balls out of your coin purse. Goregrind is unrepresented on the boat, Gutalax, Rompeprop, Putrid Pile, etc. on here would be insane.

I'd really like us to have Gutulax. They play Euro fests all the time, but I haven't been to one in years and had a conflict with their set last time. I'd have to pack a dumb costume, TP and inflatable crap for that pit. On YouTube it always looks like a lot of fun.

We could also get Excrementory Grindfuckers. I've said before, I don't understand German, but it's still funny. I saw them in Germany and they were a riot. We have so many Germans. It makes sense to have them.

For black metal, I'd like Der weg Whatsit a whole lot. I was supposed to see them over a year ago, but their tour got canceled due to visa problems.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
Previous