Post Reply 28 posts Page 1 of 1
#WhyNotOddwood
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

#WhyNotOddwood

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:46 pm

So, the Dread Crew of Oddwood are a helluva party. They embody the spirit of the boat IMO, and they even wrote a song about it.

https://youtu.be/P_ZEl3zT6qA

https://youtu.be/d3JRroOnX1g

Hey Andy, these guys would be awesome on 70K!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

Re: #WhyNotOddwood

by alex_canada » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:07 pm

I agree with everything posted in this thread so far
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm

It's not like they're not already going to be on the boat, anyway....
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 am

You have my support on this endeavor
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    MetalMachine
    Wiper

by MetalMachine » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 am

I 100% support this! Oddwood are a blast! They already boat pretty hard and have supported the cruise as attendees on many voyages, it'd be well-deserved for them to get to play as well!
  • serveandvolley
    Wiper

by serveandvolley » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:14 am

Strongly agree with this! A lot of the North American fans love them and would love to see them, and I just saw first hand how beloved acoustic pirate bands are to Germans at Rockharz Open Air. And while they play acoustic instruments, the music is very lively and would blend in perfectly to the event. I think there would be a lot of very happy fans on board if they are picked to play
    Festivals Big and Small:
    2012: Amphi Festival, MPS Köln
    2013: Triton Fest
    2014: Sabaton Open Air
    2015: M'era Luna
    2017: 70,000 Tons of Metal, Rockharz Open Air, MPS Weil am Rhein
    2018: Wacken, M'era Luna
    2019: Wacken Winter Nights
  • BillyBiscuits
    Wiper

by BillyBiscuits » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Its definitely time for the Crew to play Boat.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Oddwood would be fantastic, so...

Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • TheJaraad
    Wiper

by TheJaraad » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Oddwood is the most boat band. It makes sense! Just do the math, actual pirates should be on a boat questing the Caribbean. They even have a song that teases the boat. Besides half the band is already booked as survivors... #BOATFACTS
  • Mikerobs
    Wiper

by Mikerobs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:37 pm

These guys are the epitome of BOAT. They party on a damn airship and roast giant lobsters. How much more BOAT & metal can you get? Odd wood are great performers and will be a definite entertainment highlight for the weekend! BOAT :viking:
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:46 pm

So I listened to that Oddwood band of yours and I have to say - I REALLY enjoy them.
    Get them to the pool deck asap!

#WHYNOTODDWOOD
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • Cthulhu0610
    Wiper

by Cthulhu0610 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Yes!!!!
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:03 pm

They'll be there anyway, so... #whynotoddwood?
    :)
    I would see their show for sure.
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
  • Jaytownusa
    Wiper

by Jaytownusa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:07 pm

The Dread Crew of Oddwood are the absolute most fun band I've ever had the pleasure of getting drunk to! I've seen them numerous times and they always destroy the crowd with their antics! They're a perfect fit musically while maintaining a unique sound with their "heavy mahogany"! If ever a band of pirates deserved to perform in the #BOAT it's Oddwood! #WhyNotOddwood #YOPA! You Only Pirate Always!
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Why are half the posts in this thread only posted by new accounts? As much as I enjoy Oddwood, I smell some self-promotional bullshit.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:29 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Why are half the posts in this thread only posted by new accounts? As much as I enjoy Oddwood, I smell some self-promotional bullshit.

Aye, thought the same.
    Stop that bullshit, you're only hurting yourself :roll:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm not new here and I agree with Oddwood on the boat. Lets do it.

Hell yeah! :3drunks:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:18 pm

YES!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cantkt
    Wiper

by cantkt » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Why are half the posts in this thread only posted by new accounts? As much as I enjoy Oddwood, I smell some self-promotional bullshit.

I'm not new to the boat (5x survivor), but never been on the forums. Or I was once upon a time? But no idea what my username is/was. Anyway, new account as I couldn't figure out old account. Fuck it.

Anyway, yes to Oddwood. These guys are the boatest of boats. Happy to have them abroad!

#whynotoddwood
    70K12/13/14/15/17
  • DropDeadCynical
    Wiper

by DropDeadCynical » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Fuck yeah Oddwood needs to be on the boat!!! :viking:
    Marylune
    Wiper

by Marylune » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:15 pm

This boat requires more pirates.

I agree to this !

#WhyNotOddwood :mrgreen:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:34 am

What the hell did these guys do on social networks? This sucks.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:39 am

I met them the day after we returned from the 2016 voyage at a local heavy metal burger joint. We were all wearing our 70k merch and they arrived literally right before we did. Buddies ever since. They put on a great live show too! I'm all for this! Acoustic performances in the pub and pool deck and all!
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:52 am

bodomdragon wrote:What the hell did these guys do on social networks? This sucks.

It's not Oddwood - it's a couple that just really want Oddwood on the boat. I'm in a couple cruiser message groups and they're rallying people to post.

EDIT TO CLARIFY: I'm not sure if said people are friends of Oddwood or not, but I know they've been asking for Oddwood for at least a couple years.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:16 am

bodomdragon wrote:What the hell did these guys do on social networks? This sucks.

I asked some friends who are active on the forum to notice the thread and chime in if they agreed. Three of them did. Not sure where the newbs came from, but I do recognize some of their names from IRL on the boat.

Like Phoenix says, I've been posting about Oddwood for a long time. I promoted their show with Alestorm a few years ago in Winnipeg on the Piratefest tour, and I thought they were great. I really want to see them again, and the boat seems like the most fitting venue.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Oddwood would be cool! Can't remember if they were on my request list on the forums this year, but I know I've asked for them before :)

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:44 pm

I thought all the first time posters in this thread were just the band chiming in, but it's legit drawn out a couple people who have been registered for a while but haven't posted...that's actually pretty impressive
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Ravageritualx
    Wiper

by Ravageritualx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Oddwood would be one of like 3 bands that would make me consider forking out the cash for the boat over some other festivals I normally fly out to through out the year. I have never been on boat before, so it would be bringing in new people. Plus as much as it sounds like fan base is averse to new goers, ya'll might like some of the new people.
    Oddwood is fucking legit, and I super support this.
Post Reply 28 posts Page 1 of 1