User

Castroh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Chicago, IL

Recording Devices

by Castroh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:17 am

As some of you know, I enjoy filming a song or two of each show and sharing it on youtube with the 70K survivors and those less fortunate who can only live vicariously through us ;). Lately, my camera has been crapping out on me and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of a good camera that records high quality video and concert sound without being too big to carry around? They no longer sell my outdated Nikon, lol.

Also, if you'd like to check out my channel, I've been getting some decent footage since the 2012 cruise. https://www.youtube.com/user/strohca
2012 - 2017 Survivor
2018 - Yup!
Wishlist: To party with my metal family once a year!
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

Re: Recording Devices

by acidbasement » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 am

I've been lusting after the Zoom Q2N for concert recordings.
Korpiklaani-/-In.Extremo-/-Alestorm-/-Aeternam-/-Battle.Beast-/-Threshold-/-Moonspell-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Metsatöll-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
User

Bob

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

by Bob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm

It would be cool if somebody brought a 360 camera rig. I've seen 1 vid so far from last year.

https://youtu.be/qS2k0uEO9Es

Then we could all hunt for ourselves in the crowd, haha!
Wishlist 2018: Gojira-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-Fleshgod-Apoc-/-Hanzel und Gretyl-/-InAeona-/-Babymetal-/-In this Moment-/-Burning Witches-/-Hevisaurus-/-Angelspit-/-Unleash the Archers-/-VUUR-/-Iron Maidens-/-The Heard-/-Myrkur

70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17
User

Castroh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Chicago, IL

by Castroh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:59 pm

acidbasement wrote:I've been lusting after the Zoom Q2N for concert recordings.

I was doing a lot of research and this looks like a great option for local shows. The biggest downside is the battery life, I don't know how I can capture all the videos I'd like on the cruise with a 40 minute battery life. Thanks for the recommendation though!
2012 - 2017 Survivor
2018 - Yup!
Wishlist: To party with my metal family once a year!
User

Razor Ramon

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:28 pm

That's why you need to buy more batteries. Also carrying your charging cable and a pocket charger works too.
70000 Tons 2018 ROOM 8355
Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Borknagar-/-Liv-Kristine-/-October-Tide-/-Within-Temptation-/-In-Mourning-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Bloodbath-/-Paradise-Lost-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole-/-Wolfheart-/-Virgin-Black-/-Antimatter-/-Nightwish-/-Arkan--/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Tristania-/-Autumnal-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/--/-Thurisaz-/-Swallow-The-Sun-/-Benighted-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Beseech-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Naglfar-/--Ulver-/-Ahab-/-To-Cast-A-Shadow-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Bilocate-/-Evocation-/-Wine-From-Tears-/-Hanging-Garden-/-In-Vain-/-In-Slumber-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Feridea-/-Ne-Obliviscaris-/-Green-Carnation-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Coldworld-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Silent-Stream-Of-Godless-Elegy-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-Centinex-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Arcturus-/-Darkwell-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress
My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Where do you see 40 minute battery life? Zoom says it'll do up to 2h.
Korpiklaani-/-In.Extremo-/-Alestorm-/-Aeternam-/-Battle.Beast-/-Threshold-/-Moonspell-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Metsatöll-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey