Post Reply 54 posts
What can UMC do to Make this better for you?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: What can UMC do to Make this better for you?

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:36 am

Daenerys wrote:Give me $82.20 worth of onboard credit to reimburse me for foreign transaction fees :bitch:

Is that from paying your cruise fare with a credit card?
    If you pay all at once, you can use an international wire transfer. It cost $45 (at least for me), but UMC does allow you to deduct the cost from your total payment.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: What can UNC do to Make this better for you?

by Goddess of Metal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Silver -- 1-3 prior cruises with UMC
    Gold -- 4-6 cruises with UMC
    Platinum -- 7+ cruises with UMC

Something like this would be nice. Fighting with others because the site goes down every fucking year is getting old. I think this makes the second year we had to spend more because of that crap.

Yup!! Booking this year was absolute HELL!! :evil: I lost income because I cancelled a client just to book because it took WAY longer than expected. Priorities! :lol:

I wish booking started on the weekend. I believe it did in 2016. I'll tell you what though. The thought of missing the boat while trying to book for 2 hours made me realize how important it is to me. I was a fucking basket case! :bitch: I also worried about letting down my cabin mate if I didn't get a cabin in our price range. I hope this gets worked out for next year.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Silver -- 1-3 prior cruises with UMC
    Gold -- 4-6 cruises with UMC
    Platinum -- 7+ cruises with UMC

Something like this would be nice. Fighting with others because the site goes down every fucking year is getting old. I think this makes the second year we had to spend more because of that crap.

Yup!! Booking this year was absolute HELL!! :evil: I lost income because I cancelled a client just to book because it took WAY longer than expected. Priorities! :lol:

Me, too...I was hoping to escape with having to use just one hour of vacation leave to get the booking done, but it ended up costing me three.

I also worried about letting down my cabin mate if I didn't get a cabin in our price range. I hope this gets worked out for next year.

I had three friends who were depending on me to get the booking done, as I was Gold (barely) and they were Silver. The frustration was really getting to me.
    And seeing how fast cabins sold this year, it's a good thing we all were able to book early.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:50 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:Give me $82.20 worth of onboard credit to reimburse me for foreign transaction fees :bitch:

Is that from paying your cruise fare with a credit card?
    If you pay all at once, you can use an international wire transfer. It cost $45 (at least for me), but UMC does allow you to deduct the cost from your total payment.

Wow. I've booked every 70K and somehow did not know this! However this is the first year I've ever paid in full and for 2 people. Thanks for this info, it will be helpful for next year! :D
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Daenerys wrote:Wow. I've booked every 70K and somehow did not know this! However this is the first year I've ever paid in full and for 2 people. Thanks for this info, it will be helpful for next year! :D

It's only available for those that live outside the US/Canada. I used bank transfer for the first two cruises when I was living in Australia, but now that I am in Canada I can only pay via credit card.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:04 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    ...Fighting with others because the site goes down every fucking year is getting old. I think this makes the second year we had to spend more because of that crap.

Me, too...I was hoping to escape with having to use just one hour of vacation leave to get the booking done, but it ended up costing me three.

I also worried about letting down my cabin mate if I didn't get a cabin in our price range. I hope this gets worked out for next year.

I had three friends who were depending on me to get the booking done, as I was Gold (barely) and they were Silver. The frustration was really getting to me.
    And seeing how fast cabins sold this year, it's a good thing we all were able to book early.

Oh the HORROR! And all of the above.

Clicked in 1/2 second after the Gold 1000 AM my time. Spent the next 40 minutes or so clicking, getting server down errors, back, redo, again and again, maybe clicked 100 times maybe more. My count down timer expired and I was on the last step. When I threw my hands up in the air and going back in to start all over again, I get an email saying my booking request has been received. Phew, thank gawd!

So glad I had the day off to do this. Only expected it to take 10 minutes tops.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:51 am

Sounds like booking was a common complaint for most of us. It took me 2 hours (GOLD) to get through the process. I had some meetings that day that would have caused me to miss some booking time but luckily I got food poisoning and took that Friday off. First person ever happy to get food poisoning? lol

But as for the whole "what could they do better" it has to be Festival Merch. NOT the band's custom merch but the 70k hoodies and shirts. Let me pre-order 70K merch so I don't miss shows standing in line. Every year I want a shirt. Every other year I want a new hoodie too. Just let me buy that up front.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:06 am

SpaceSlug wrote:...
    But as for the whole "what could they do better" it has to be Festival Merch. NOT the band's custom merch but the 70k hoodies and shirts. Let me pre-order 70K merch so I don't miss shows standing in line. Every year I want a shirt. Every other year I want a new hoodie too. Just let me buy that up front.

Exactly! The 70K t-shirt that I want. Why does this have to sold on the boat. Open a web store, ship it to me.

Just don't ship it from Canada, that postal system is one F'd up mess with high shipping costs and prices. Out source the printing to somewhere cheap and ship from there.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Bob wrote:
    SpaceSlug wrote:...

Exactly! The 70K t-shirt that I want. Why does this have to sold on the boat. Open a web store, ship it to me.

Just don't ship it from Canada, that postal system is one F'd up mess with high shipping costs and prices. Outsource the printing to somewhere cheap and ship from there.

I assume they can't do that because of an agreement with RC. When you buy merch on the ship, RC takes a cut of it, but if they start selling stuff online, than RC doesn't get their cut of the pie, making them unhappy.
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:12 am

Hell no to free wi-fi. It's hard enough to maintain a connection on a moving ship. If you had that many people connected and constantly checking their email, Facebook, and Instagram it would be unusable. Leave it to those of us willing to part with the $8/day, please.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:17 am

They could add a band once in a while. It's been 2 weeks now. :?

They could sail to Minneapolis so we could go to the Super Bowl.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:38 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    Bob wrote:

Just don't ship it from Canada, that postal system is one F'd up mess with high shipping costs and prices. Outsource the printing to somewhere cheap and ship from there.

I assume they can't do that because of an agreement with RC. When you buy merch on the ship, RC takes a cut of it, but if they start selling stuff online, than RC doesn't get their cut of the pie, making them unhappy.

I have to think that's a big part of the reason.

Still, they could look into a way of preordering merch (and pricing it dearly to include the venue "cut", which they do already), keeping a careful accounting, and remitting the funds to Royal Caribbean. As much of a cash-cow as 70K is for Royal, it doesn't seem that much of an, err, "concession" on their part. :twisted:

Another issue might be the festival shirt artwork...if it isn't done until shortly before the cruise, we would have no real way of knowing what we're buying. (I'm referring to the front artwork; it's a given that the back of the shirt with the bands listed wouldn't be available until the week of sailing.)
    2025 Wishlist:
  • MasterMcDuff
    Oiler

by MasterMcDuff » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:02 pm

I just want Coca-Cola remix machines back :(

They were on Majesty.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:41 pm

MasterMcDuff wrote:I just want Coca-Cola remix machines back :(

They were on Majesty.

Hear, hear!
    2025 Wishlist: