Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Place to Stay for Tuesday/Wednesday pre-party(ies)?
    Imminance
    Oiler

Place to Stay for Tuesday/Wednesday pre-party(ies)?

by Imminance » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Hello fellow sailors, I am planning to fly into FLL either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning (depending on whether or not I find a cool place to hang out). Is anyone here renting a condo or house near the port, has extra room, and would like to split the cost of the condo/hotel/house among more people? I figure I'd ask here before I go and drop $150 on a hotel room to myself for the night(s). :cheers:
  • IronTom
    Oiler

Re: Place to Stay for Tuesday/Wednesday pre-party(ies)?

by IronTom » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:21 am

I will be driving down to Florida and arriving either Tuesday night or mid-day Wednesday depending on traffic and how anxious I get on the ride. It'll be a 10+ hour ride for me.

I have not made concrete plans for accommodations yet, but was looking at the option of roughing it at a cabin in a state park located between the Miami and Hollywood areas. The cabins look very "quaint" or rustic and may not be what you're looking for, but the price can't be beat!

Of course now that I let the cat out of the bag I will have to go and make a reservation for both nights to make sure the long haired black shirted horde doesn't scoop them all up... :?

The park is a 30 minute drive south from the port. I'm open to suggestions if another (inexpensive) option comes up. Also if any locals see this and have warnings about the parks down there, I'm all ears!
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1