Post Reply 89 posts
70K 2018 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    DisturbedOnes
    Wiper

Re: 70K 2018 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by DisturbedOnes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi! First timers here and we will definitely try to come and meet you there. That is, if we can find our way on the boat... :lol:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 am

DisturbedOnes wrote:Hi! First timers here and we will definitely try to come and meet you there. That is, if we can find our way on the boat... :lol:

It'll be in the back of the ship, on Deck 13. I don't think all of the elevators go up there, just the ones on the port side, so if you have to, go up to 12 and then take the stairs up, or walk to the very back on 12 and walk up from there. We'll be near the basketball court and the Flow-rider.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:23 am

Bumping this up since we're getting close to final approach and people will be beginning their journeys sooooooon.
    As Gandalf says in The Return of the King, "The board is set; the pieces are moving...." :headbanger:

Hope to see everyone at the Meet'n'Greet!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Dappy Duck
    Wiper

by Dappy Duck » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 am

I have not participated much in the forums, but spent hours reading them ...
    Thank you for making newbies feel so welcome!
    I'll be there and at Riptides. :party:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 am

Dappy Duck wrote:I have not participated much in the forums, but spent hours reading them ...
    Thank you for making newbies feel so welcome!
    I'll be there and at Riptides. :party:

Welcome abroad! :bangers:

We might end up at the Riptide on the 31st, depending on whether we can realistically make it to the "big" beach party by 4pm, when the group photo is taken. If not, we may well go to Riptide for the more laid-back party. :cool:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 am

Ok, so who is attending the beach party in South Beach AND is also planning to show up in the Forum meet & greet?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:27 am

cegr80 wrote:Ok, so who is attending the beach party in South Beach AND is also planning to show up in the Forum meet & greet?

I am, assuming my cabinmates and I don't get too drunk Tuesday night. And I can find the damn court again. Which elevator do I have to take?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 am

Phoenix wrote:I am, assuming my cabinmates and I don't get too drunk Tuesday night.

Sweet. I'll see you there. I'll be carrying my venezuelan flag on my back. Still haven't decided on the shirt I'll be wearing, tho.... :lol:

Phoenix wrote:And I can find the damn court again. Which elevator do I have to take?

Aft elevators, according to Pellaz. They should take us right up to Deck 13
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:45 am

cegr80 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I am, assuming my cabinmates and I don't get too drunk Tuesday night.

Sweet. I'll see you there. I'll be carrying my venezuelan flag on my back. Still haven't decided on the shirt I'll be wearing, tho.... :lol:

Phoenix wrote:And I can find the damn court again. Which elevator do I have to take?

Aft elevators, according to Pellaz. They should take us right up to Deck 13

Yes, great, "aft" is super useful for someone who's only ever on a ship while drunk :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 am

Phoenix wrote:Yes, great, "aft" is super useful for someone who's only ever on a ship while drunk :P

:oops:

Aft. When you are moving towards the rear end of the boat, this is called going "aft."

I hope this helps :P
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:22 am

cegr80 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Yes, great, "aft" is super useful for someone who's only ever on a ship while drunk :P

:oops:

Aft. When you are moving towards the rear end of the boat, this is called going "aft."
    I hope this helps :P

It does! Thank you. That's quite convenient, since my cabin is on the rear end of the ship.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:29 pm

cegr80 wrote:Ok, so who is attending the beach party in South Beach AND is also planning to show up in the Forum meet & greet?

I'm hoping to be at the party at the Clevelander...it will depend on when we get into town, whether we can make it in time for the group photo, and traffic between our hotel and SoBe. Backup plan is to go to the low-key party at the Riptide.
    And ov corpse I'll be at the Forum meet'n'greet.
    I'll be the fat guy with long, but thinning hair. :D

As for the elevators to get to the meet'n'greet, it's the aft elevators. The back of the ship. The end that isn't pointy. The "ass-end." :lol:

Not all the back elevators go to Deck 13. If you get in one and there's no button for 13, just go to 12 and take the stairs up. Or go to the other side of the ship to those elevators and press the "up" button. OR...walk to the very back on Deck 12 and go up the stairs; it's a nicer view. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Now that the running order is up and I don't care to see either opening band, alongside the fact I actually want to watch us disembark this year, I'll probably be there. :death:
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:43 am

Didn't make it to any of the pre-cruise festivities due partly to my social anxieties kicking in and partly due to needing to be sitting by my phone and laptop wheeling and dealing (selling one house and buying another back home)!

But that is all over now, and I'm much less stressed, and I'm ready to party :)

See y'all there!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 am

HELL yeah! :lol: :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:23 am

Whoo! I'm so free this year I get to go eat fancy dinner after the meet and greet, so I'll be there as soon as I find the place! (And a bar on the way)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm

I ummm.... got distracted and didn't make it. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:39 am

Some of us - not many unfortunately - thought the meeting was after the muster drill and that's when we showed up.

From left to right: Bodomdragon, TPH, Monmisreal, Daenerys and Razor.

Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 am

Here's a link to the group photo from the 3:30 gathering. Tag yourselves. :D
    Next year we'll REALLY set a firm time. :twisted:
    (We were joking that Daenerys was busy taking over the Seven Kingdoms band members or something. :lol: )

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 1180214867
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:44 am

Damn, I'm jealous :D

But at least this year I got to say hi to many members. I was particularly happy to finally meet Razor and we got to talk after many concerts. Great dude. I also talked to or said hi at some point to Downvod, pellaz, Phoenix, slayergeek, everyone in the picture I posted before... great people everyone.

Btw in the facebook picture I only recognize pellaz, the statsman and Phoneix. It would be great to have a "from left to right...".
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 am

bodomdragon wrote:Damn, I'm jealous :D

But at least this year I got to say hi to many members. I was particularly happy to finally meet Razon and we go to talk after many concerts. Great dude. I also talked to or said hi at some point to Downvod, pellaz, Phoenix, slayergeek, everyone in the picture I posted before... great people everyone.

Btw in the facebook picture I only recognize pellaz, the statsman and Phoneix. It would be great to have a "from left to right...".

I can help with that for most people - from left to right, Pellaz, Sgt B, Statsman, Phoenix, Shadow Son, Godflesh (says so on the shirt :P ) cegr800, I think that's taketheday in the front there, and then the people on the end showed up right before the photo and I cannot remember their usernames.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 am

bodomdragon wrote:Some of us - not many unfortunately - thought the meeting was after the muster drill and that's when we showed up.

I must have shown up just after this
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 am

bodomdragon wrote:Some of us - not many unfortunately - thought the meeting was after the muster drill and that's when we showed up.

Nooo! I wanted my Hail Satan sticker! :cry:

We NEED to be better organized for next year!

Anyways, it was nice meeting some of you guys. Pellaz, Phoenix and Shadow Son I saw the most ... and of course the infamous Razor :roll:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:34 am

Since Pellaz is too lazy to post the image directly here, I'll do it

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Epic photo :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Great photo. Glad I could be a part of it, although I rarely post and don't really know most of you (I'm the guy with my arm around Bob on the far right).

Cheers, everyone. :cheers:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Razor and I are the only ones getting shirts made with our name.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Damn, I'm jealous :D

But at least this year I got to say hi to many members. I was particularly happy to finally meet Razon and we go to talk after many concerts. Great dude. I also talked to or said hi at some point to Downvod, pellaz, Phoenix, slayergeek, everyone in the picture I posted before... great people everyone.

I can help with that for most people - from left to right, Pellaz, Sgt B, Statsman, Phoenix, Shadow Son, Godflesh (says so on the shirt :P ) cegr800, I think that's taketheday in the front there, and then the people on the end showed up right before the photo and I cannot remember their usernames.

Standing behind taketheday is Amyphis and beside Amyphis is Bob.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Updated:
    Back row, left to right:
    Pellaz, Sgt B, Statsman, Phoenix, Shadow Son, Godflesh (says so on the shirt :P ) cegr800, Amyphis, Bob, Epidemicreign

Front row:
    taketheday

Only forum handle I'm unsure of is far right - know his real name is Orson.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:50 am

Been a while since I was active on these forums but I did come up pretty late and met a few of you by the basketball courts. Nice to meet everyone and maybe I'll make more of an effort next year :viking:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 am

Godflesh wrote:Razor and I are the only ones getting shirts made with our name.

I was wearing my Drink Moxie shirt
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:57 am

I was wearing my Salt Lake Metal Fest shirt, haha. There's like10 of us that cycle through.

It worked well cause it helped me get recognized later by other Salt Lakers on the boat, for example, Gratch (on the forum). And last year met another Salt Laker on the boat cause she was wearing leather with Salt Lake Metal on it.

I always wear a 70K t-shirt in travels inbound and outbound, it helps others identify, head nod, horns up, etc. As opposed to guessing if that person wearing black, leather and metal t-shirt is really a 70Ker or a cool biker. Even people I wasn't sure wearing black on arrival and departure usually turned out to be 70Kers, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM, haha!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 am

cegr80 wrote:Since Pellaz is too lazy to post the image directly here, I'll do it

Nahh, I hadn't had the time to upload it to my website for hosting. :twisted:

NEXT year we'll set a definite time. Since we're never sure exactly when muster drill will take place, I'm thinking 3:15 or 3:30 might be good, since muster never takes place before 4....but it can be delayed, like it was this year.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:57 am

Pellaz wrote:
    cegr80 wrote:Since Pellaz is too lazy to post the image directly here, I'll do it

Nahh, I hadn't had the time to upload it to my website for hosting. :twisted:

NEXT year we'll set a definite time. Since we're never sure exactly when muster drill will take place, I'm thinking 3:15 or 3:30 might be good, since muster never takes place before 4....but it can be delayed, like it was this year.

My demonic connections tell me that there’s a special place in Hell for 70K survivors: it’s 15mn of metal under a hot sun, followed by four days of muster drill :twisted:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:56 am

The problem with having the meet where we do.... NO ALCOHOL!!

Next year if we have it in the same place, must remember to bring buckets of beers :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:02 am

Fuck me sideways!!
    Forgot to show up, being a rookie; was too excited to discover the ship, the venues etc.

Soooo sorry :(
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:

I must have shown up just after this

Yea, maybe 5 minutes after. Sander kind of meandered on over then you two showed up a couple minutes after that.

We saved a bunch of the stickers for next year though! The guy that makes them always gets a kick out of it.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I must have shown up just after this

Yea, maybe 5 minutes after. Sander kind of meandered on over then you two showed up a couple minutes after that.

We saved a bunch of the stickers for next year though! The guy that makes them always gets a kick out of it.

those stickers came out super great!!!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Tribute to Justin Shearer was also at 3:30 at the pub, much more important. I actually forgot about the forum meet until Bodomdragon spotted me and we went up to the basketball court.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The problem with having the meet where we do.... NO ALCOHOL!!

Next year if we have it in the same place, must remember to bring buckets of beers :D

Or we could ask Royal to please open that Wipeout Bar that's right next to the meet-point. It's one of the "bars that NEVER close." :lol:

Razor Ramon wrote:Tribute to Justin Shearer was also at 3:30 at the pub, much more important. I actually forgot about the forum meet until Bodomdragon spotted me and we went up to the basketball court.

If I'd known about that beforehand, I'd have picked a different time.

There are just not enough times available after boarding and before muster. (Some folks don't even get onbroad much before 2:30.) After muster you run into that pesky "first bands are about to start" issue. Who do they think they are, playing some sort of show or concert when we're trying to have a nice, relaxing gathering? :lol:

Monmisreal wrote:We saved a bunch of the stickers for next year though! The guy that makes them always gets a kick out of it.

Hooray!

Ethrivas wrote:Fuck me sideways!!

Ummmmm. :shock: :D
    Forgot to show up, being a rookie; was too excited to discover the ship, the venues etc.

Soooo sorry :(

You are officially forgiven. :lol:

Hell, it's a big ship...and even bigger if it's someone's first time on any cruise ship.
    I remember being totally awed my first time on the Majesty (pre-70K, by just three months), and that's a relatively small ship. :beerwink:
    2025 Wishlist: