Locked 67 posts
Who is your must see band for 2018?
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Who is your must see band for 2018?

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:06 pm

What band do you want too see the most?
    Mine is Benediction
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

Re: Who is your must see band for 2018?

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Septicflesh 100%
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Hard to choose, but I will go with Rhapsody because it's a special reunion
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:18 pm

I have several must-sees, but it's been MANY years since I've seen Enslaved.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:49 pm

October Tide is the most important for me... thusfar
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Naglfar for me. I don't know if I'll ever get another chance to see them. I believe they've only been to The States once.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    13th_Clone
    Oiler

by 13th_Clone » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:42 pm

If I have to pick one, gotta be Enslaved.

But really there are so many must see bands, goddamn I'm gonna have trouble making it to every show I wanna see.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Wolfheart, never seen them. It would have been October Tide if I didn't see them at Maryland Deathfest this year.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 pm

mooyagi wrote:Naglfar for me. I don't know if I'll ever get another chance to see them. I believe they've only been to The States once.

2007 tour with Dark Funeral, I saw them twice on that tour.

They also did a one off in 2003 at Milwaukee Metalfest. I wish I got to see that with Jens on vocals.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 pm

A number of bands I want to see with Septicflesh #1 :deathhorns:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:46 pm

I’ve seen Meshuggah opening for Tool in 2002 I think, and didn’t like them back then.
    Now is the chance for my atonement.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:00 am

Definitely Enslaved for me. We saw them open for Amon Amarth a few years back, and they kept having power issues. As in, their power would just randomly cut out entirely mid-song. They only got through one and a half songs, but I was blown away by how awesome they were. Looking forward to actually seeing a full set.

Aeternam is second on my list. I’ve really liked them for a few years now.

Godflesh wrote:I’ve seen Meshuggah opening for Tool in 2002 I think, and didn’t like them back then. Now is the chance for my atonement.

Ha, I saw that same tour. I thought they were ridiculous back then (I wasn’t nearly as into metal as I am today), and now I’m somewhat more interested.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:58 am

Razor Ramon wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Naglfar for me. I don't know if I'll ever get another chance to see them. I believe they've only been to The States once.

They also did a one off in 2003 at Milwaukee Metalfest. I wish I got to see that with Jens on vocals.

I don't remember why but I somehow couldn't make it to that tour. Especially since I lived pretty close to the venue at the time. :cry:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:47 am

Naglfar! They take me right back to my early metal listening, and I never thought I'd see them.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 pm

sara wrote:Naglfar! They take me right back to my early metal listening, and I never thought I'd see them.

I have a feeling we're going to not be at any shows together!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:49 am

Sirenis, Amberian Dawn, Evergrey, and Rhapsody!
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:18 pm

For me it would have to be SepticFlesh since I have never seen them live.

Also Rhapsody's farewell performance.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:56 pm

I have 5 must sees, lol. Benediction, Septicflesh, October Tide, Wolfheart , and Insomnium. :bangers:
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:59 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    sara wrote:Naglfar! They take me right back to my early metal listening, and I never thought I'd see them.

I have a feeling we're going to not be at any shows together!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen you around much at the sets I attend! :metalguy:

I forgot to say before that I'm also very excited about Benighted.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • CzP41004
    Wiper

by CzP41004 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:41 am

Sabaton, of course! They may be on the "soft" side of metal compared to death or black, but come on, aren't they epic?
  • Spooty67
    Wiper

by Spooty67 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:44 am

So far, for me :

- Masterplan
    - Evergrey

And hopefully :

ICED EARTH !!!!!
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:34 am

These are the bands I MUST see on the 70,000 Tons Cruise

:beerbang: Aeternam
    :beerbang: Alestorm
    :beerbang: Benighted
    :beerbang: Beyond Creation
    :beerbang: Cannibal Corpse
    :beerbang: Dark Tranquillity
    :beerbang: Exhumed
    :beerbang: Goatwhore
    :beerbang: Gyze
    :beerbang: Insomnium
    :beerbang: Kreator
    :beerbang: Naglfar
    :beerbang: Necrophobic
    :beerbang: Obscura
    :beerbang: Sinister
    :beerbang: Witchery
    :beerbang: Wolfheart

http://www.facebook.com/70kBands
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:04 am

slayergeek wrote:These are the bands I MUST see on the 70,000 Tons Cruise

:beerbang: Aeternam
    :beerbang: Alestorm
    :beerbang: Benighted
    :beerbang: Beyond Creation
    :beerbang: Cannibal Corpse
    :beerbang: Dark Tranquillity
    :beerbang: Exhumed
    :beerbang: Goatwhore
    :beerbang: Gyze
    :beerbang: Insomnium
    :beerbang: Kreator
    :beerbang: Naglfar
    :beerbang: Necrophobic
    :beerbang: Obscura
    :beerbang: Sinister
    :beerbang: Witchery
    :beerbang: Wolfheart

http://www.facebook.com/70kBands

Ha, well I guess I know who I will see quite a lot on the boat!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:40 pm

sara wrote:Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen you around much at the sets I attend! :metalguy:

I forgot to say before that I'm also very excited about Benighted.

Well, I'm delicate :cool:

:oops:

:D
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:

SERAFINO!!! :beerhorns:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:08 am

Aeternam.

Rhapsody, Alestorm and Samael were also bucket list bands for me.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:52 am

I will have to say Wolfheart. I tend to try and find the bands that don't hit the US as much or at all that I like and make sure I see them.
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:39 am

Certainly Threshold. I absolutely love their music, their last album is amazing, they are great live, and also very difficult to catch - I've only watched them on the boat. I was so extremely happy when they got announced.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:11 am

Much as I love Sabaton, it's gotta be Insomnium. I HAVE to see them play a Winter's Gate set. It would make me feel a lot of things.

Also on my must see list, Sabaton, Beyond Creation, October Tide, Obscura (my friend is so jealous of me), Swallow the Sun, and Gyze.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Phoenix wrote:Much as I love Sabaton, it's gotta be Insomnium. I HAVE to see them play a Winter's Gate set. It would make me feel a lot of things.

Insomnium is way up there for me as well, but I -did- just recently see them. Ironic since they were an "only on the boat" band just two years ago.
    Also on my must see list, Sabaton, Beyond Creation, October Tide, Obscura (my friend is so jealous of me), ....

lol, I have a couple of friends here who feel the same way about Obscura playing the boat. Hey, they had their chance to get onbroad...... :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Radashar
    Oiler

by Radashar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Battle Beast hands down. Then Sabaton, Alestorm and Sonata Arctica.

Lots of new bands for me to check out too so far, and probably Gyze just because I'm a nerd for Japan and thought it was hilarious seeing em come out in a pikachu onesy(how the hell do you spell that) when touring with Battle Beast.
    2017 - 2292
    2018 - 2250
    2019 - 2562
    2020 - deck 2 somewhere!
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:48 am

A lot of must sees for me but easily obscura is on the top of that list
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:20 am

big perken wrote:A lot of must sees for me but easily obscura is on the top of that list

I'm also excited for Obscura, but I wish they had their original lineup. I would die if so!
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:21 am

As far as bands I'm not likely to see my picks would be Gyze, In Extremo and Necrophobic. However my must see 2 set no matter what band is Battle Beast
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm

There are so many bands I'm excited to see. But I'm mostly looking forward to raging with everyone on a fucking boat again.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:58 pm

I may be the only person with this band as my #1, but I have to go with Die Apokalyptischen Reiter. They totally blew me away in 2013 and I’m super excited for their return! Hopefully, I’ll see some of you at their sets!

Runners Up:
    -Septicflesh
    -Sonata Arctica
    -Samael
    -Primal Fear
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Castroh wrote:I may be the only person with this band as my #1, but I have to go with Die Apokalyptischen Reiter. They totally blew me away in 2013 and I’m super excited for their return! Hopefully, I’ll see some of you at their sets!

Runners Up:
    -Septicflesh
    -Sonata Arctica
    -Samael
    -Primal Fear

You better do the Humpty Hump at Karoake...... I'm still laughing !!!!
    :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:22 pm

I’ll do it for you Jaimie. I know it’ll be your #1 performance of 2018.
    :?
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Who is your must see band for 2018

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Castroh wrote:I may be the only person with this band as my #1, but I have to go with Die Apokalyptischen Reiter. They totally blew me away in 2013 and I’m super excited for their return! Hopefully, I’ll see some of you at their sets!

They're in my top 5 for sure. One of the bands that will never come to North America independent of the cruise. (Thank you UMC)
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Plenty of must-see's this year, but I don't know when else I'll get to see Metal Church. Also, not seeing Alestorm on a boat would be a sin
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • Locked 67 posts