Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
Drinks onboard
  • Spooty67
    Wiper

Drinks onboard

by Spooty67 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:10 am

Hi all,

Could someone tell me if there is any "drink accomodation" tht we can buy before leaving ?

Thanks in advance ! :bangers:
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Re: Drinks onboard

by Monmisreal » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 am

Non-alcoholic package only. 70k would go broke if we had a normal drink package available.
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:59 am

Most likely nothing alcoholic. There was a wine package a couple years back, I think? Then gone again. They don't even let you bring the customary wine bottle on board. Well, that's what I've heard, it's probably true.

Just to provide a data point on booze costs, I'm an average sized woman who likes to keep a steady buzz on, mostly beer, and I spend around $200 or so on booze each year.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:30 am

Monmisreal wrote:Non-alcoholic package only. 70k would go broke if we had a normal drink package available.

I think they DID offer Royal's standard unlimited alcoholic drink package on 70K's first year (can anyone on the first 70K confirm?).
    Royal stocked an additional 20% beer above the normal amount for a 4-night cruise...and they STILL ran out of beer by the time they got to Cozumel. :belly: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:30 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:Non-alcoholic package only. 70k would go broke if we had a normal drink package available.

I think they DID offer Royal's standard unlimited alcoholic drink package on 70K's first year (can anyone on the first 70K confirm?).
    Royal stocked an additional 20% beer above the normal amount for a 4-night cruise...and they STILL ran out of beer by the time they got to Cozumel. :belly: :lol:

Not that I recall. Would have saved me a lot of money. Maybe they did and I just didn't know about it. They definitely weren't prepared for us the first cruise. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:14 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

Not that I recall. Would have saved me a lot of money. Maybe they did and I just didn't know about it. They definitely weren't prepared for us the first cruise. :lol:

I don't think they did. Though we tried looking for it because we knew it would be an expensive bill.
  • Spooty67
    Wiper

by Spooty67 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:45 am

Thank you all for the answers !
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:53 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

This only serves to make the drinking (and buying) capacity of 70K Survivors all THAT much more legendary. :beerbang: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:47 am

I think Royal only started to offer alcohol packages after the first two cruises on their U.S.-based cruises. They were never available for 70k anyhow.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:I think they DID offer Royal's standard unlimited alcoholic drink package on 70K's first year (can anyone on the first 70K confirm?).

I don't think they did. Though we tried looking for it because we knew it would be an expensive bill.

Yeah, I had a $50 credit on my account for the first cruise and it was gone before I even got to put my luggage in my stateroom. :lol:
    Ghuleh
    Wiper

by Ghuleh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks for posting this and all the responses. I was wondering this myself, as this will be my first 70K.
    puck
    Wiper

by puck » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Pellaz wrote:

If I remember correctly they about ran out before we left PORT. Delayed leaving port for a few hours because they had to reload. :beerwink:
    2011: 4008
    2012: 2022
    2013-2017: missed the boat
    2018: booked
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 am

puck wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

If I remember correctly they about ran out before we left PORT. Delayed leaving port for a few hours because they had to reload. :beerwink:

I thought they were late getting the stage equipment loaded onto the ship and that's why we didn't leave port on time.
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 am

mooyagi wrote:I thought they were late getting the stage equipment loaded onto the ship and that's why we didn't leave port on time.

I don't know why we left late but I do remember seeing them loading pallets of booze onto our boat at Cozumel.
Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1