Locked 34 posts Page 1 of 1
Guess the last band
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Guess the last band

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:01 pm

We had pretty good success last year with Carcass and Overkill (it was a trick question, given that we had 61 bands), so why not do it again?
    I’m guessing Borknagar, because it “leaked” in the press.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Guess the last band

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 pm

I found the old thread (http://70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5161), and there’s no mention of Carcass.
    I forgot that they leaked themselves shortly before!
    We did correctly guess Overkill, though.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 am

Wintersun....announced while we're pulling up at the cruise terminal. :lol:
    ....Okay, maybe not.

Borknagar?
    Melechesh? Tyr? Turisas? (wishful thinking as I'd love to see any of 'em again)
    Amon Amarth? :beerbang:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:39 am

Sorry for being a copycat, but as soon as I read the title of the thread the same band crossed my mind: Borknagar.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 am

Dead Cross.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 am

Phoenix wrote:Dead Cross.

STAAAHHP!!!

lol

I still say it's Iron Maiden, under a pseudo name like "Sheriffs of Huddersfield" or something,and arrive as we disembark on the heli pad..

mic drop......
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:00 am

Gojira - making up for last year.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:25 am

Jaimie38 wrote:

STAAAHHP!!!

lol

In all seriousness, if we don't have any last minute cancellations this year (fingers crossed!) I expect to have an extra band.Some well-known name that will make people go "ooo!" but nothing crazy. Perhaps Borknagar, but I was thinking something American. Mastodon, Savatage, Fear Factory, etc.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:59 am

It will be Dehaan!
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:35 am

Thunderstick
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:14 am

stevep52 wrote:Gojira - making up for last year.

I could see that, yeah.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

STAAAHHP!!!

lol

In all seriousness, if we don't have any last minute cancellations this year (fingers crossed!) I expect to have an extra band.Some well-known name that will make people go "ooo!" but nothing crazy. Perhaps Borknagar, but I was thinking something American. Mastodon, Savatage, Fear Factory, etc.

serious!!! :heavydrink: :heavydrink:
    Savatage would be very very fine, but i think this would be the biggest sensation ever, i'm allready happy when they return for a Tour in 2018 later on or 2019....

i agree on something American as well...as Armored Saint, Lizzy Borden, Tesla ....
    would be great
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 am

The last band should logically be a repeat, otherwise they would have announced it earlier.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 am

Satyricon
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:22 am

Jaimie38 wrote:

STAAAHHP!!!

lol

While they were awful on 70K 2016, they're actually pretty good now that Mike Patton has taken over vocals. Their last album is definitely worth a listen.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 am

Gratch wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

STAAAHHP!!!

lol

While they were awful on 70K 2016, they're actually pretty good now that Mike Patton has taken over vocals. Their last album is definitely worth a listen.

I agree. I actually enjoyed the Patton-ized version of the band. I didn't mind the album & they were entertaining live. The other version was f*cking awful live.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Godflesh wrote:The last band should logically be a repeat, otherwise they would have announced it earlier.

I take this back, I remembered we had Diamond Head as the last surprise a couple years ago.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 pm

I forgot about the Scour thing (just look at their FB page, they keep using 70K to sell stuff - I know, this could be a troll just to sell stuff).
    Alright, I’m going to put all my chips on the table, and predict both: Borknagar as the 60th band, and Scour as the surprise 61st.
    That, or Borknagar got “Candlemassed”, and we get Scour as the 60th and last band.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:11 am

I'm going to wager on the theme of this being an awful lineup continuing and bet on Delain.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:51 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:The last band should logically be a repeat, otherwise they would have announced it earlier.

I take this back, I remembered we had Diamond Head as the last surprise a couple years ago.

Atrocity and Terrorizer where last announcements a few years ago as newbs and Atrocity may be back this year?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:56 am

Godflesh wrote:I forgot about the Scour thing (just look at their FB page, they keep using 70K to sell stuff - I know, this could be a troll just to sell stuff).
    Alright, I’m going to put all my chips on the table, and predict both: Borknagar as the 60th band, and Scour as the surprise 61st.
    That, or Borknagar got “Candlemassed”, and we get Scour as the 60th and last band.

scour or Phillip and the Illegals is my guess.
    I have not talked to Phil since 1993. seen him live about 17 more times after that but never got the chance to hang again.
    Would really like too sit down and have a beer with him. :dreams: or a black tooth grin :stagger:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:

STAAAHHP!!!

lol

Mastodon is definitely too big for the cruise... IF they were ever on they'd certainly be the first band announced. I also think Gojira has also outgrown the event. They have absolutely exploded in popularity over the past year.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:23 am

Is it generally a thing that the last band announced will be a pretty big one? I mean if it were me I wouldn't save bands like Carcass and Overkill's announcements for last...
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Obituary pleaseeeeee....

:bitch: :bitch:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Possibilities for not necessarily last band, but remaining 7:

Borknagar - due to previously mentioned stuffs
    Scour - due to the facebook thing
    Atrocity - due to the band being on board already via Leaves' Eyes
    Dragony - lead singer is on as a cruiser already
    Circle II Circle - Florida based, were on the maiden cruise, always willing to do it
    Iced Earth - Florida based, clearly love the cruise
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:15 pm

The next band is most likely Brutality, given the clue, and the fact that they’re headlining a concert called “The Pre-Cruise Show” in Miami the day before departure.
    I’d expect another band or two from this show:

Brutality (Classic Florida Death Metal from Tampa,FL)
    https://brutality2.bandcamp.com/releases

FAETHOM (Blackened Heavy Metal from Fort Lauderdale, FL)
    https://faethom.bandcamp.com/
    http://faethomweb.com/

Deathcrown (Death Metal Richmond, VA)
    -Includes current and ex members of Iron Reagan, Darkest Hour, Arsis, and Disinterment-
    https://deathcrown.bandcamp.com/releases

THE GLORIOUS DEATH (Death Metal Colombia/WPB,FL)
    http://artistecard.com/THEGLORIOUSDEATH

Arcsin (Melodic Progressive/Power Metal Miami FL)
    https://arcsinband.bandcamp.com/
    https://www.arcsinband.com/

NZM (Rock Power Metal Hollywood,FL)
    -lead singer and keyboardist for Yngwie Malmsteen.
    https://nzmband.com/home

Amenorrhea (Old School Death Metal Miami,FL)
    https://amenorrheadeathmetal.bandcamp.com/releases

Mannequinkind (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
    https://www.facebook.com/Mannequinkind
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 am

Pretty sure that actually rules Brutality out. There used to be a clause in the contract saying that bands couldn't do a headline show in a certain radius around cruise time, although that's probably changed.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if the next band is Bloodbound, since they've never been on and before 70k were touring Europe with Alestorm and Sabaton.

I'd way prefer if Behemoth were on though.
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm

How about Slayer kicking off their final world tour on this cruise. And drag along Testament, Anthrax, Lamb Of God and Behemoth.
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:20 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote:How about Slayer kicking off their final world tour on this cruise. And drag along Testament, Anthrax, Lamb Of God and Behemoth.

That'd be badass but Testament and Anthrax were on last year. I'll accept Slayer Behemoth and LoG though.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 pm

At this point, it looks like:
    - Borknagar was rumored, but is out because they lost their guitarist
    - Scour was rumored, but is out because Phil has back surgery
    - Kataklysm said last year they could come at the last minute
    So my new guess is Kataklysm.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 pm

I have a strong feeling it'll be Kataklysm
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • Foxhound09
    Wiper

by Foxhound09 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:05 am

Katy Perry
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:44 am

Krisiun as 60th and Satyricon as 61st surprise.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
Locked 34 posts Page 1 of 1