Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday (Riptide?)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday (Riptide?)

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Is there anything planned for Wednesday night in Fort Lauderdale?
    Doro’s FB group only mentions Miami events before the cruise, and the Riptide only post-cruise.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday (Riptide?)

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 pm

Godflesh wrote:Is there anything planned for Wednesday night in Fort Lauderdale?
    Doro’s FB group only mentions Miami events before the cruise, and the Riptide only post-cruise.

Yes, there's a low-key gathering at the Riptide on the 31st. It has to be low-key, as Hollywood "isn't a party beach," as the bemused (but cool) cop told me back in 2015. :lol:

I think my tentative plan is to drive down to the Clevelander for the "big" beach party IF we can get there in time for the big photo-shoot, but if not, go to the Riptide instead. Despite the locals being....surprised....at 800 metalheads descending upon their Canadian-snowbird turf, I kinda liked it. It's also almost directly east from our hotel, so....closer.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday (Riptide?)

by sara » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Is there anything planned for Wednesday night in Fort Lauderdale?

Yes, there's a low-key gathering at the Riptide on the 31st. It has to be low-key, as Hollywood "isn't a party beach," as the bemused (but cool) cop told me back in 2015. :lol:

I think my tentative plan is to drive down to the Clevelander for the "big" beach party IF we can get there in time for the big photo-shoot, but if not, go to the Riptide instead. Despite the locals being....surprised....at 800 metalheads descending upon their Canadian-snowbird turf, I kinda liked it. It's also almost directly east from our hotel, so....closer.

Good to know, I think I'll be doing the low-key thing at Riptide this year. I'll be a paying customer there, anyway, lol.

There's also a dinner Monday night and two different brewery events on Tuesday. Since the one on the beach goes very late, it's possible to hit both if you're ambitious.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1