Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Rock Climbing/Top Rope Wall?
    zerkz
    Oiler

Rock Climbing/Top Rope Wall?

by zerkz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:55 am

I saw this advertised on the independence of the seas' website, but there is a rock climbing wall? I go bouldering all the time here in Austin and would be sweet if there's a lull in bands for me.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Rock Climbing/Top Rope Wall?

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 am

zerkz wrote:I saw this advertised on the independence of the seas' website, but there is a rock climbing wall? I go bouldering all the time here in Austin and would be sweet if there's a lull in bands for me.

Yes, there is. It's in the back of the ship (or "aft") near the sports court and the Flowrider. AFAIK it's free. Limited hours and I never saw anyone on it last year, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:44 am

How could someone climb the wall if everyone was wasted? :shred: :shred:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    zerkz wrote:I saw this advertised on the independence of the seas' website, but there is a rock climbing wall? I go bouldering all the time here in Austin and would be sweet if there's a lull in bands for me.

Yes, there is. It's in the back of the ship (or "aft") near the sports court and the Flowrider. AFAIK it's free. Limited hours and I never saw anyone on it last year, though.

Weren't they doing construction over there last year? Or maybe that was the previous year... or the one before that. These cruises kind of blend together in my brain. :?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • yardleybates
    Oiler

by yardleybates » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:20 pm

Pellaz wrote:

I never see anyone on the Flowrider anytime I go check it out either, but I hear tons of people do that. I think it's just a timing thing.
    2020 Wishlist Amorphis / Demons & Wizards / Gojira / Nightmare
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:35 pm

yardleybates wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

I never see anyone on the Flowrider anytime I go check it out either, but I hear tons of people do that. I think it's just a timing thing.

EVERY year I decide I'll go back and try it...and every year I get distracted and forget. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1