Post Reply 702 posts
2019 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 2019 Wishlist

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:51 am

Bob wrote:Never done 70K, go to the front of the line please.

Not a fan of repeat bands, seen em, been there done that, something new please.

Not everyone has seen them. Even veteran cruisers, which Andy has said is about 70% of the demographic, can't have made it every year.

That being said, yes, new blood is always better.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:25 am

Bob wrote:
    Never done 70K, go to the front of the line please.

I'm fine with repeats, especially if I'd have to travel to Europe to see them otherwise. Like, a band that tours North America constantly getting on the boat for the first time is less exciting to me than a repeat boat band that hasn't been on this continent since 2013.

But whatever, the lineup is secondary. I just want to be on the boat.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am

Just noticed Katatonia is in the request list, last I heard they were on an indefinite Hiatus.

Edit: I'm fond of a lot of those three-peaters and would be 100% about all of them coming back. Especially Tyr, Amorphis, and Orphaned Land.
    Last edited by Tono_Fyr on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:41 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:Just noticed Katatonia is in the request list, last I heard they were on an indefinite Hiatus.

It's on your wishlist too, doesn't mean bands haven't reunited for a boat show before :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:50 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Tono_Fyr wrote:Just noticed Katatonia is in the request list, last I heard they were on an indefinite Hiatus.

It's on your wishlist too, doesn't mean bands haven't reunited for a boat show before :P

Hah, fair enough. I guess we're all just trying to will Katatonia back into existence.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

Hah, fair enough. I guess we're all just trying to will Katatonia back into existence.

Aren't they doing a handful of rescheduled dates this week? Hopefully they resolve whatever sorrows are bothering them and bring their Great Cold Distance anniversary set onbroad 2019
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:12 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Never done 70K, go to the front of the line please.

I'm fine with repeats, especially if I'd have to travel to Europe to see them otherwise. Like, a band that tours North America constantly getting on the boat for the first time is less exciting to me than a repeat boat band that hasn't been on this continent since 2013.

But whatever, the lineup is secondary. I just want to be on the boat.

I'm definitely firmly in the "ok with repeats" camp.

Just because a band 'tours all the time' doesn't mean they tour AUSTRALIA :P Or, other parts of the world where cruisers are from.

Just because they've been on the boat before, doesn't mean everyone got to see them.

And of course, not everyone has been lucky enough to do multiple cruisers like us veterans.

So while my wishlist is predominantly made up of bands that have never been on 70k before, I would LOVE to have bands like Twilight Force, Dalriada, and Gloryhammer back.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Some more interesting figures!

Of the top 100 bands requested so far:

- 40 have never done 70000 Tons before - the highest ranked of those obviously, is NeO at #2
    - 6 'three-peaters' in the top 100 - Ensiferum, Amorphis, Tyr, Orphaned Land, Therion and Death Angel.
    - The other 3 bands elligible to four-peat in 2019 are: Annihilator (202nd), Grave Digger (299th), and Raven (1028th)
    - Of the previous cruises, 2016 is the most popular lineup with 26 of the bands from that year featuring in the top 100.
    - Interestingly, the LEAST popular lineup is 2015 with only 8 of those 60 bands featuring in the top 100!

Hopefully, it's not a picket fence because I'm sitting squarely on it. If it's a band I love, then I'm happy to see them again. And there are also plenty of bands I love that have not yet cruised and I'd like to see added.

Completely agree with that lineup assessment. I felt 2015 was really weak and that 2016 was the best lineup since Barge.
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
  • Jogi74
    Wiper

by Jogi74 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:25 pm

I have to add
    Blind guardian and Cains offering to my list
  • Comaliar
    Wiper

by Comaliar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:38 pm

60 bands for my ideal line-up :)

The 69 Eyes
    Act of Defiance
    Amaranthe
    Amorphis
    Angelwitch
    Arch Enemy
    Beast in Black
    Blaze Bayley
    Black Label Society
    Blind Guardian
    Bloodbath
    Borknagar
    Caligula's Horse
    Carach Angren
    Cradle of Filth
    CyHra
    Deathstars
    Delain
    Devilment
    Dimmu Borgir
    Dream Evil
    Emperor
    Epica
    Fates Warning
    Fields of the Nephilim
    Marty Friedman
    Galneryus
    Gothminister
    The Haunted
    I:Scintilla
    Iced Earth
    Jag Panzer
    Kamelot
    King Diamond
    Kobra and the Lotus
    Lindemann
    Moonspell
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Old Man's Child
    Operation: Mindcrime
    Opeth
    Orpheus Omega
    Pain
    Paradise Lost
    A Perfect Circle
    Psyklon 9
    Purest of Pain
    Satyricon
    Sigh
    Skeletonwitch
    Slayer
    Sons of Apollo
    Stratovarius
    Tarja
    Terror Universal
    Therion
    Vuur
    Steven Wilson
    Wintersun
    Within Temptation
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:04 am

Comaliar wrote:Old Man's Child

Are they active?
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:40 am

Repeats are OK. New bands are OK. It's all a matter of finding the right combination.

I could have a lineup with 60 repeats and still make it the best lineup ever. Or, I could have a lineup with, say, 45 new bands and 15 repeats and still be a solid one (although I admittedly would prefer the first option).
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:10 am

As some fellow cruisers highlighted, obviously bands that played 70K this year are not going to be on next year so most people won't 'wish' for them.

Repeats on this year from previous lineups:
    2011 - 8
    2012 - 5
    2013 - 6
    2014 - 5
    2015 - 9
    2016 - 2

So using that information and converting to percentages, the 'least popular' lineup is still 2015. With 8 bands from that lineup in the top 100 requests for 2019, that's a percentage of 15.68% of the eligible bands. The most popular lineup is 2016, with 26 of 58 making almost 45% of eligible acts on that lineup in the top 100 requests for 2019.

I love stats :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Gutterchild7
    Oiler

by Gutterchild7 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 am

Kobra and the Lotus pretty pretty please! Those guys rock!
    Also Kamelot again, cause why not?
    AND DELAIN! Charlotte is always whimpering cause she's not on board, the guys must've been a blast! (Sadly never got to see them on board since my first was on 2017).
    ARGENTINA
    [[ † 2017 † ]] .: 7674 :.

"May the touch of your hand forever be my therapy~~"
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Delain were great - only time I've ever got to see them has been 4 times on the boat. Amazing every time.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Ethrivas wrote:
    Comaliar wrote:Old Man's Child

Are they active?

Probably not...but I fully expect Andy to work the occasional miracle. Long-time bucket-list band for me. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Verdelet87
    Wiper

by Verdelet87 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:13 am

:bangers: :bmhorns: :beerhorns:
    Akercocke
    Dragonland
    Akercocke
    Hate eternal
    Akercocke
    Dragonland
    Death angel
    Dragonland
    Akercocke
    Dragonland
    Taake
    Marduk
    Tyr
    Akercocke
    Gatecreeper
    Hammerfall
    Primordial
    Gloryhammer
    Hammerfall
    Hate
    Melechesh
    Dark fortress
    Dragonland
    Morbid angel
    In the woods
    Autopsy
    Tengger cavalry
    Bloodbath
    Akercocke
    Dragonland
    Bolzer
    Fen
    Khold
    Gojira
    Arsis
    Evile
    Akercocke
    Anaal nathrakh
    Candlemass
    Dragonland
    Haken
    Mago de oz
    Grand magus
    My dying bride
    Zeal and ardor
    Animal's as leaders
    Diablo swing orchestra
    Iced earth
    Angra
    Paradise lost
    Rotting Christ
    Abbath
    Amorphis
    Immolation
    Eternal valley
    Scuorn
    Scour
    Ashes of ares
    Abigor
    Oranssi pazuzu
    Akercocke
    Heidevolk
    Unleash the archers
    Killer be killed
    Cavalera conspiracy
    Dragonland
    Ihsahn
    Master's hammer
    Primitive man
    Archspire
    The absence
    Wintersun
    Dark moor
    Advent sorrow
    Audn
    Ex deo
    Us. Christmas
    Power trip
    Schammasch
    Ne obliviscaris
    Destroyer 666
    Crimfall
    Myrath
    Eluveite
    Dalrida
    Gamma ray
    Ahab
    Shape of despair
    Borknagar
    Chthonic
    Batushka
    Cruachan
    Isole
    Therion
    Akercocke
    Der weg einer freiheit
    Behemoth
  • Jei Cynth
    Wiper

by Jei Cynth » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Unlucky Morpheus
    Lightbringer - Japan
    Poema Arcanus
    Mortiis
    Agathodaimon
    Red Harvest
    Hypocrisy
    Devin Townsend anything
    Soilwork
    Leprous
    Dimmu Borgir Puritania reunion
    Crash - Korea
    ChthoniC
    Crotchduster
    MASSACRATION
    Mean's End (reunion)
    A FAILED ESCAPE (we'll never be famous)
    Last edited by Jei Cynth on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:25 am

Adding a vote for SUBTERRANEAN MASQUERADE after catching them live last Saturday. Not only they play really good and positive music, also they REALLY know how to make a hell of a party. Highly recommended, lots of fun and energy guaranteed.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 am

Jei Cynth wrote:Mortiis

Are you talking about Mortiis Era I? The one man dungeon synth as he's doing these days? I saw Mortiis at Messe Des Morts this past November and it just does not translate to a live setting. Great to listen to when your in that sort of mood but not that good at a concert.

Nice call on Unlucky Mophius. Need more domestic Japanese bands on the cruise
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:48 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:

Are you talking about Mortiis Era I? The one man dungeon synth as he's doing these days? I saw Mortiis at Messe Des Morts this past November and it just does not translate to a live setting. Great to listen to when your in that sort of mood but not that good at a concert.

I'm curious as to what his current live show is like. I saw his first-ever U.S. solo performance way back when, opening along with my friends' band Godhead for Christian Death, and it was....different, but pretty cool. Someone playing a steel drum (maybe a "hang" drum?), additional "world" percussion, Sara Deva on female vox, and Mortiis himself in full "goblin-from-the-movie-Legend" regalia. Sharing a dressing-room with Mortiis was pretty nifty. ("Everyone out...he's putting on his prostheses." :D )
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    ParticleStorm
    Wiper

by ParticleStorm » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:24 pm

My 8 for '18:
    Amon Amarth
    At The Gates
    Hypocrisy
    Ihsahn
    Kvelertak
    Night Demon
    Powermad
    Valient Thorr

\m/
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:

I'm curious as to what his current live show is like. I saw his first-ever U.S. solo performance way back when, opening along with my friends' band Godhead for Christian Death, and it was....different, but pretty cool. Someone playing a steel drum (maybe a "hang" drum?), additional "world" percussion, Sara Deva on female vox, and Mortiis himself in full "goblin-from-the-movie-Legend" regalia. Sharing a dressing-room with Mortiis was pretty nifty. ("Everyone out...he's putting on his prostheses." :D )

The current Mortiis show is a guy at a keyboard doing his dungeon synth stuff. Thats not the most charitable description, i mean the keyboard setup is pretty fancy. He did have his goblin costume. More of a goblin necromancer look vs the goblin vagabond look during Smell Of Rain. I had no idea what to expect coming in. Nargaroth sold me, and Mortiis was a bonus to me. I was actually expecting a band. I figured there is no way hes doing a synth performance. Bottom line, it was cool to see mortiis but it was weird. Especially after being riled up by back to back dirty black metal.

When you see concert flier it says Mortiis will play the entire Ånden Som Gjorde Opprør

I hope this picture helps my description.

Survivor 2016 and 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 am

Requests are starting to slow down - think I'll update the skipper ...... SOOON

48 Amon Amarth
    37 Ne Obliviscaris
    32 Dimmu Borgir, Wintersun
    31 Eluveitie
    29 Blind Guardian, Borknagar, Gloryhammer
    28 Gojira
    27 Ensiferum
    26 Amorphis
    25 Tyr
    24 Symphony X, Turisas
    23 Be'lakor, Nightwish, Powerwolf, Unleash The Archers
    22 Mors Principium Est
    21 Iced Earth
    20 Moonsorrow
    19 Accept, Devin Townsend, Edguy, Epica, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Moonspell, Opeth, Paradise Lost
    18 Behemoth
    17 Equilibrium, Kalmah, Orphaned Land, Twilight Force
    16 Lacuna Coil, Therion
    15 Abbath, Children of Bodom, Finntroll, Heidevolk, Hypocrisy, Ihsahn, Myrath, Omium Gatherum, Orden Ogan, Within Temptation
    14 Arkona, Avantasia, Bloodbath, Death Angel, Helloween, Kamelot, Manegarm, Rotting Christ
    13 Allegaeon, Dragon Force, Emperor, MGLA, Stratovarius
    12 Arch Enemy, Dalriada, Katatonia, Myrkur, The Crown
    11 Delain, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, In Vain, My Dying Bride, Saltatio Mortis, Testament, Warbringer
    10 Amaranthe, Ancient Bards, At the Gates, Carach Angren, Draconian, Elvenking, Haggard, Melechesh, Nile, Persefone, Power Trip, Primordial, Running Wild, Skalmold, Soilwork, Vader
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 am

Statsman, add a vote for Power Quest, and in case you're not familiar with them, do yourself a favor and listen to them.
    Wishlist:

• dabl91
    Wiper

by dabl91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Amon Amarth
    Ancient Bards
    Arcturus
    Avantasia
    Behemoth
    Blind Guardian
    Devin Townsend
    Diablo Swing Orchestra
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Hammerfall
    Helloween
    Iced Earth
    Mastodon
    Mors Principium Est
    Myrath
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Opeth
    Pain of Salvation
    Persefone
    Sodom
    Symphony X
    Stratovarius
    Tankard
    Unleash The Archers
  • yuletide
    Wiper

by yuletide » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Adding in a vote for The Project Hate MCMXCIX. Totally forgot about these guys, and damn are they good. :shred:
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Hoping to make it back next year. Here is my list of 61.

Accept
    Adagio
    Armored Saint
    Atheist
    Behemoth
    Bigelf
    Black Fast
    Brainstorm
    Carcass
    Death Angel
    Doro/Warlock
    Emperor
    Exhorder
    Fate's Warning
    Fireball Ministry
    Flotsam and Jetsam
    Forbidden
    Freak Kitchen
    Fu Manchu
    Havok
    Helker
    Hell
    Helloween
    Holy Grail
    Iced Earth
    Ihsahn
    Into Eternity
    Iron Reagan
    Jag Panzer
    King Diamond
    King's X
    Leprous
    Megadeth
    Metal Allegiance
    Morgana Lefay
    Mors Principium Est
    Municipal Waste
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Nuclear Assault
    Opeth
    Orange Goblin
    Pagan's Mind
    Power Trip
    Powermad
    Redemption
    Sacred Reich
    Savatage
    Scale the Summit
    Serious Black
    Shadowside
    Sons of Apollo
    Symphony X
    Testament
    Threshold
    Trouble
    Twelve Foot Ninja
    Vanden Plas
    Vektor
    Voyager
    Wintersun
    Wolf
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:54 am

Obviously it's going to be more repeats as the years pass, but I don't really mind that.
    Anyway, here's the top ten 70k virgins from my wishlist: :wank: :wank: :wank:

Ancient Bards
    Battlelore
    Borknagar
    Finsterforst
    Midnattsol
    Nine Treasures
    Pagan's Mind
    Tarja
    The Privateer
    Winterstorm
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 am

JeremyBuried wrote:Here's my wish list it's very short because I'm only asking for one hand

BURIED ABOVE GROUND
    They are from Minnesota USA everybody need to listen this is their latest video from the upcoming album next month, for those who never heard about them it's brutal deathcore horror.
    Fans of good and violent metal it's for ya

https://youtu.be/dW5pEVEsobI

Here's my answer it's very short because I'm only asking for one thing:
    GO POST YOUR FUCKING SPAM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

"The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product."

yuletide wrote:Adding in a vote for The Project Hate MCMXCIX. Totally forgot about these guys, and damn are they good. :shred:

Guess where my nick and avatar come from...but if you say this, it's obvious that you're not following Lord K, as he has stated over and over again that he will never play live anymore (last shows were like 16 years ago). And you 've most likely never paid for his music then, as well. If that's the case, you're what he calls Judas.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Stratovarius
    Amaranthe
    Avantasia
    Helloween
    Beast in Black
    CyHra
    Delain
    Epica
    Kamelot
    King Diamond
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    Edguy
    Gamma Ray
    Hammerfall
    Testament
    Running Wild

Gimme some reasons to be there second time :D
  • Jei Cynth
    Wiper

by Jei Cynth » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:59 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:

Nice call on Unlucky Mophius. Need more domestic Japanese bands on the cruise

Hey there :bmhorns:

I actually meant Mortiis 3rd era & forwards... The Great Deceiver album is pretty thrashy & Håvard is a really chill dude... Fear Factory's already been on board so I'd say that opens the door to more industrial acts.

As for the Japanese connection... Yes, this year's Gyze accompaniment has been met with rave reviews... There's so much talent in Japan... Kinda like how Finland is just a giant melting pot of metal talent. In highschool I discovered visual kei bands & from there learned that Japan does a little of everything. X Japan would also be insane.
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:49 am

Almanac
    Ammunition
    Dark Moor
    Demon
    Dimmu Borgir
    Mob Rules
    Myrath
    Pripjat
    Royal Hunt
    Sleeper's Guilt
    Ten
    UFO
    Valinor
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:38 am

Additional wishlist from strange:

Abinchova
    Ancient Bards
    Atlas Pain
    Brothers Of Metal
    Civil War
    Dalriada
    Dark Moor
    Dragonland
    Dragony
    Equilibrium
    Eluveitie
    Fogalord
    Gloryhammer
    Haggard
    Hulkoff
    Imperial Age
    Kambrium
    Orden Ogan
    Pathfinder
    Skalmold
    Thaurorod
    Trick Or Treat
    Twilight Force
    Tyr
    Unleash The Archers
    Valhalore
    Wind Rose
    Wintersun
    Wisdom
    WonderOnce
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:06 am

Not a bad mix of virgins and veterans :)

50 Amon Amarth
    39 Ne Obliviscaris
    35 Wintersun
    33 Dimmu Borgir
    32 Eluveitie
    30 Blind Guardian, Borknagar, Gloryhammer
    28 Gojira
    27 Ensiferum
    26 Amorphis, Symphony X, Tyr
    25 Unleash The Archers
    24 Mors Principium Est, Nightwish, Powerwolf, Turisas
    23 Be'lakor, Iced Earth
    21 Opeth
    20 Accept, Behemoth, Devin Townsend, Edguy, Epica, Moonsorrow
    19 Fleshgod Apocalypse, Moonspell, Paradise Lost
    18 Equilibrium, Twilight Force
    17 Helloween, Kalmah, Myrath, Orphaned Land
    16 Avantasia, Hypocrisy, Lacuna Coil, Orden Ogan, Therion, Within Temptation
    15 Abbath, Children of Bodom, Death Angel, Finntroll, Heidevolk, Ihsahn, Kamelot, Omium Gatherum, Stratovarius
    14 Arkona, Bloodbath, Emperor, Manegarm, Rotting Christ
    13 Allegaeon, Ancient Bards, Dalriada, Dragon Force, Hammerfall, MGLA, Testament
    12 Arch Enemy, Delain, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Gamma Ray, Katatonia, Myrkur, The Crown
    11 Amaranthe, Haggard, In Vain, My Dying Bride, Persefone, Power Trip, Primordial, Running Wild, Saltatio Mortis, Skalmold, Warbringer
    10 At the Gates, Beast In Black, Carach Angren, Draconian, Elvenking, Havok, Melechesh, Nile, Soilwork, Vader
    9 Aether Realm, Batushka, Carcass, Chthonic, Dragony, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Ex Deo, Exmortus, Ghost Ship Octavius, Kvelertak, Leprous, Morbid Angel, Pagan's Mind, Pathfinder, Queensryche, Satyricon, Sodom, Tankard, Trollfest, Vektor, VUUR, Witherscape
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 pm

In addition to most of the bands already listed in the above wishlist tally, here are some of my Top bands which never played 70K before:

TOP 5 would be:
    Powerwolf - :deathhorns:
    Accept
    Thy Art Is Murder
    Dust Bolt
    Evil Invaders

the rest are in alphabetical order:

Almanac - maybe not the same year as Rage :mrgreen:
    Between The Buried And Me
    Beyond Forgiveness - local, check out their Bandcamp, but if Seven Spires made it on there this year, there is hope :D
    Civil War
    Dark Angel ... that'll be DARK not DEATH :beerwink:
    Dark Moor
    Darkest Hour
    Decapitated - might be to early to consider, but they are playing Festivals in 2018 already
    Dimmu Borgir
    Emperor
    Havok - only played on Barge and are way overdue :cool:
    Lords Of Black - saw them at PPUSA and they were great
    Mgła - one can wish, right?
    Myrath
    Power Quest
    Running Wild
    Tombs
    Toxic Holocaust
    Vanden Plas
    Whitechapel
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:In addition to most of the bands already listed in the above wishlist tally, here are some of my Top bands which never played 70K before:

TOP 5 would be:
    Powerwolf - :deathhorns:
    Accept
    Thy Art Is Murder
    Dust Bolt
    Evil Invaders

the rest are in alphabetical order:

Almanac - maybe not the same year as Rage :mrgreen:
    Between The Buried And Me
    Beyond Forgiveness - local, check out their Bandcamp, but if Seven Spires made it on there this year, there is hope :D
    Civil War
    Dark Angel ... that'll be DARK not DEATH :beerwink:
    Dark Moor
    Darkest Hour
    Decapitated - might be to early to consider, but they are playing Festivals in 2018 already
    Dimmu Borgir
    Emperor
    Havok - only played on Barge and are way overdue :cool:
    Lords Of Black - saw them at PPUSA and they were great
    Mgła - one can wish, right?
    Myrath
    Power Quest
    Running Wild
    Tombs
    Toxic Holocaust
    Vanden Plas
    Whitechapel

I love your list :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Kirion
    Wiper

by Kirion » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Abbath
    Amon Amarth
    Amorphis
    Arkona
    Behemoth
    Blind Guardian
    Bloodbath
    Blood Red Throne
    Borknagar
    Dalriada
    Dark Funeral
    Deicide
    Destroyer 666
    Dimmu Borgir
    Downfall of Gaia
    Dragonforce
    Emperor
    Ensiferum
    Finntroll
    Gamma Ray
    Gloryhammer
    Godflesh
    Gojira
    Hammerfall
    Helloween
    Impaled Nazarene
    King Diamond
    Moonspell
    Morbid Angel
    Paradise Lost
    Powerwolf
    Oranssi Pazuzu
    Rotting Christ
    Running Wild
    Satyricon
    Shores of Null
    Sodom
    Taake
    Tankard
    The Crown
    Triptykon
    Unleashed
    Witchburner
  • hub66
    Wiper

by hub66 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:31 am

I have to add an amazing band seen live yesterday :

Subterranean Masquerade
    2016 survivor
    2019 survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 am

hub66 wrote:I have to add an amazing band seen live yesterday :

Subterranean Masquerade

YES! Same happened to me after I watched them a few weeks ago, I also added them to my wishlist. Anyone who had the chance to catch them live will understand.
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 702 posts