Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1
2018 Setlists Thread
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 2018 Setlists Thread

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Insomnium's Pool Deck set:

1. Winter's Gate

It was a super tricky set list but I got it. (In all seriousness that show was amazing and I can't get over how good it was.)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:27 am

These are my drafts. Sorry, too lazy and tired to make it look nicer right now.

Insomnium 1
    While we sleep
    Only one who waits
    Mortal share
    Revelation
    Down with the sun
    Ephemeral
    One for sorrow
    Weather the storm w/michael stanne

Triosphere 1
    Departure
    Steal away the light
    Driven (inst)
    As i call (inst)

Threshold 1
    Slipstream
    Mission profile
    Snowblind
    Pilot
    Small dark lines

Battle beast 2
    Straight
    Bringer
    Familiar
    Ninja
    Lost in wars
    Touch
    Bastard
    King for a day

Masterplan 2
    Enlighten
    Spirit
    Crimson
    Kind
    Keep your dream
    The chance
    Crystal
    Heroes

Triosphere 2
    Departure
    Driven (inst)
    ??? (Inst)
    As i call (w/ someone called sigrid?)
    wasp cover (w/ Noora from battle beast)

Thresh 2
    Long way home
    The man who saw through time
    Hollow
    Innocent
    Lost in translation
    Small dark lines
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 am

I did snag the setlist for Sabaton in the theatre ;)

Sabaton - Alhambra
    Lion From the North
    Panzerkampf
    Gott Mit Uns (Eng or Swe, crowd chose Swedish)
    The Final Solution
    Winged Hussars
    Blood of Bannockburn
    White Death
    Lost Batallion
    Resist and Bite
    Screaming Eagles
    Livstid I Krig (Lifetime of War in Swedish)
    Night Witches
    Shiroyama
    Hell and Back
    Outro - In the Navy

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    TheMightyBattlePenis
    Oiler

by TheMightyBattlePenis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 am

Goatwhore 2nd show:
    2.5 songs of drunken hilarious garbage pulled out of their ass then stumbled off stage. Best show if the cruise. Feel bad for the drummer/bass and that dude trying to fill in on vocals. They will never be invited back.
    Forcefully ravaged and pillaged 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm

TheMightyBattlePenis wrote:Goatwhore 2nd show:
    2.5 songs of drunken hilarious garbage pulled out of their ass then stumbled off stage. Best show if the cruise. Feel bad for the drummer/bass and that dude trying to fill in on vocals. They will never be invited back.

the guy trying to fill in was from vital remains. i missed this set :whisky:
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:09 pm

EXODUS Pool Deck Set (2nd Show)

Bonded by Blood
    Exodus
    Fabulous Disaster
    Body Harvest
    Deranged
    Metal Command
    Piranha - with Andreas Kisser from Sepultura
    Blacklist - with Brian Werner from Vital Remains
    Toxic Waltz
    Strike of the Beast
    Last edited by Slayer13 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Dark Tranquillity pool deck:
    Force of Hand
    The Lesser Faith
    Atoma
    The Treason Wall
    The Science of Noise
    Forward Momentum
    Terminus
    Monochromatic Stains
    Clearing Skies
    The Wonders at Your Feet
    Therein
    State of Trust
    Misery's Crown

Their theater set was about 50/50 different as I recall, I remember it included Faithless by Default, Through Smudged Lenses, Final Resistance, White Noise - Black Silence, The Mundane and the Magic, and Lethe

Wolfheart ice rink:
    Shores of the Lake Simpele
    Boneyard
    Aeon of Cold
    Tyhjyys
    The Hunt
    Zero Gravity
    Routa

Their pyramid set was mostly the same but I think they opened with The Hunt followed by Strength and Valor, left out Shores and Boneyard, and added one other song that I can't remember
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 am

Wolfheart Pyramid setlist was:
    The Hunt
    Strength and Valor
    Abyss
    Aeon of Cold
    Veri
    Ghosts of Karelia
    Zero Gravity
    Routa Pt. 2
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 am

I guess most of you, if not all of you, know that there is this website, setlist.fm, where you can find, and contribute with, setlists from all the concerts. You can even filter and see all the setlists of 70K 2018 here: https://www.setlist.fm/festival/2018/70 ... 79ec9.html
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am

I have 6-7 contributions there.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:20 pm

I wasn't there 2018, but I've been creeping the setlists because I enjoy suffering and have noticed that a bunch of my favorite bands played largely or completely different setlists for their two sets,in terms of songs and structure. In 2017, most of the bands I cared about played identical or mostly identical sets (with glorious exceptions like Amorphis and Draconian). Did anyone else notice a shift towards more unique sets in 2018, or is this just an artifact of the particular bands I happen to be paying attention to?
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Danny24601 wrote:I wasn't there 2018, but I've been creeping the setlists because I enjoy suffering and have noticed that a bunch of my favorite bands played largely or completely different setlists for their two sets,in terms of songs and structure. In 2017, most of the bands I cared about played identical or mostly identical sets (with glorious exceptions like Amorphis and Draconian). Did anyone else notice a shift towards more unique sets in 2018, or is this just an artifact of the particular bands I happen to be paying attention to?

As always, it greatly depends on the band. Korpiklaani played two wildly different (but not completely so) sets, Metsatoll did two that were exactly the same (but still very good). I wasn't at both shows, but I can all but guarantee that In Extremo and DAR probably also did not change a thing.

I've noticed that a smaller band will try to deviate if they have the material to allow them to do so. New bands will probably play two largely similar sets, as will the German bands. Bands that tour lots will probably play two different sets in some way (with Kamelot being the major exception I noticed last year).

Anyone notice something different? I only pay attention to certain types of bands, and only for the past 3/4 ish years.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Of the ones I caught this year:
    Sabaton - two 100% different setlists...how good was that? Two and a half hours of different sabaton songs live :-)
    Dark Tranquility - a bit different, maybe 50%
    Evertale - 50% different
    Leaves Eyes - think they were pretty identical
    Battle Beast - very similar. One or two different maybe?
    Freedom Call - very similar. One or two different maybe?
    Rhapsody - quite different
    Sonata - quite different
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I guess most of you, if not all of you, know that there is this website, setlist.fm, where you can find, and contribute with, setlists from all the concerts. You can even filter and see all the setlists of 70K 2018 here: https://www.setlist.fm/festival/2018/70 ... 79ec9.html

I didn't know this existed and I've now spent 2 hours going back through setlists of the last 2 years refreshing my memory and updating my personal "I saw this on the boat" playlists
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 am

Danny24601 wrote:I wasn't there 2018, but I've been creeping the setlists because I enjoy suffering and have noticed that a bunch of my favorite bands played largely or completely different setlists for their two sets,in terms of songs and structure. In 2017, most of the bands I cared about played identical or mostly identical sets (with glorious exceptions like Amorphis and Draconian). Did anyone else notice a shift towards more unique sets in 2018, or is this just an artifact of the particular bands I happen to be paying attention to?

I've totally noticed a change over the years here. Two or three years ago when a band played a completely or almost completely different setlist that was exceptional and definitely rare. This last cruise I've noticed that most of the bands I watched played very different sets: Sabaton, In Mourning, Insomnium, Threshold, Alestorm, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Dark Tranquillity, Evergrey.... even bands with a limited or very limited discography introduced a few changes in their second setlist: I'm thinking of Seven Spires and Aeternam. Others, such as Freedom Call, were limited because they had a substitute drummer (the guy from Masterplan) so I guess he didn't really have time to rehearse more songs - but they still were one of my top 3 bands onbroad, absolutely fantastic.
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Don't know if they were a factor in your 2017 data, but Therion fully intended to play two different sets in 2017, but had to play the same set due to Christofer's medical condition.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Voivod played two completely different but excellent sets, which was welcome since they only got 45mn.
    No points for seniority, eh?
    Their cover of Silver Machine is killer!

Psychostick did that too, since they have a song lottery they never play the same set :-)

I believe Destruction also did, like last time, but I only saw one set.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm so impressed Sabaton played completely different sets, it must have been so weird for them not to open with Ghost Division. Kamelot could learn a thing or six........
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Danny24601 wrote:I'm so impressed Sabaton played completely different sets, it must have been so weird for them not to open with Ghost Division. Kamelot could learn a thing or six........

It was pretty awesome, actually. Because they opened with Lion From the North.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Danny24601 wrote:I'm so impressed Sabaton played completely different sets, it must have been so weird for them not to open with Ghost Division. Kamelot could learn a thing or six........

They played that in Van last night, it was incredible, I got rowdy. It would be a sweet opener.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:01 am

Danny24601 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

They played that in Van last night, it was incredible, I got rowdy. It would be a sweet opener.

Naaaaah! Lion From the North is one of my favourite songs from Sabaton, at least a top-10, BUT don't mess with that huge opening with Ghost Division!! Damn, I get the goosebumps only thinking about it.
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 am

Godflesh wrote:Voivod played two completely different but excellent sets, which was welcome since they only got 45mn.

No kidding. I didn't know before the cruise that they had covered "Silver Machine"...so naturally I dug it out and played it on our radio show last Saturday. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Voivod played two completely different but excellent sets, which was welcome since they only got 45mn.

No kidding. I didn't know before the cruise that they had covered "Silver Machine"...so naturally I dug it out and played it on our radio show last Saturday. :headbanger:

“Long live Lemmy”, as they said.
    Somehow, after 30+ years listening to them, it was my first time seeing them live, and I was blown away.
    Snake looked like a madman on stage, a crazy mix between Ozzy, Terry Gilliam, and the Joker from Batman :trashdrink:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 am

Godflesh wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

“Long live Lemmy”, as they said.
    Somehow, after 30+ years listening to them, it was my first time seeing them live, and I was blown away.
    Snake looked like a madman on stage, a crazy mix between Ozzy, Terry Gilliam, and the Joker from Batman :trashdrink:

That first Voivod set at the Alhambra was insane! I absolutely loved it
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1