Post Reply 513 posts
Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread

by deathmetalpat » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:16 pm

We need ‘What did you spend your deposit/Full Fare on while waiting ?” Thread
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:58 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:We need ‘What did you spend your deposit/Full Fare on while waiting ?” Thread

DONE!!!! :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:11 am

Well tonight is Slayer's last show in North America so hopefully we hear some news pretty SOON if the rumor/guess of them being on board is true. I don't really care if slayer is on or not. Almost vote no so Andy has more money for other bands. But regardless I just want to hear so some news!
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:59 am

SpaceSlug wrote:Well tonight is Slayer's last show in North America so hopefully we hear some news pretty SOON if the rumor/guess of them being on board is true. I don't really care if slayer is on or not. Almost vote no so Andy has more money for other bands. But regardless I just want to hear so some news!

They just posted today "We're almost there, sailors!"

Which kinda pisses me off because it's so cryptic. But whatever, maybe it is Slayer and a band I don't even like has been holding up announcements for 3 months. That'd make me as a sailor so happy.. :roll:
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:20 pm

Updated list: mbob got smoked

08/15 -- Pellaz (Dead Again) :smoking:
    08/20 -- Phoenix :smoking:
    08/21 -- cegr80 :smoking:
    08/22 -- deathmetalpat :smoking:
    08/22 -- Bob :smoking:
    08/23 -- Gratch :smoking:
    08/25 -- mbob :smoking:
    08/27 -- Godflesh
    08/28 -- Ti7aNiC
    08/29 -- Speedy
    08/31 -- Amalu
    09/01 -- Bodomdragon, Statsman
    09/09 -- PotatoPotahto
    09/09 -- spooky
    09/10 -- UltimoAviso
    09/14 -- Radashar
    09/18 -- Ehtrivas
    10/02 -- Mr.Kito
    10/07 -- Slayer13
    12/25 -- Shadow Son
    01/28 -- Memnoch
    02/05 -- Bolt_Thrower
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:36 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote:
    SpaceSlug wrote:Well tonight is Slayer's last show in North America so hopefully we hear some news pretty SOON if the rumor/guess of them being on board is true. I don't really care if slayer is on or not. Almost vote no so Andy has more money for other bands. But regardless I just want to hear so some news!

Which kinda pisses me off because it's so cryptic. But whatever, maybe it is Slayer and a band I don't even like has been holding up announcements for 3 months. That'd make me as a sailor so happy.. :roll:

Maybe they really are going for the 9/9 for the 9th cruise.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    PotatoPotahto wrote:

Maybe they really are going for the 9/9 for the 9th cruise.....

9/9 for 9?

More like "nein nein nein" please not Slayer.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm

"We're almost there, sailors. Just 5 more days to the 5 Months announcement!"
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 am

Pellaz wrote: … I was out of state with limited net access.

^^^^This is my biggest fear right now. Being away from fast internet access while on vacation when the booking codes open up.

Pellaz wrote:
    Gratch wrote:And thus, I die.

Great quote from a somewhat cheesy movie that I still love. :D

Red Dawn 1984 was fun, think they did a remake 2012, but I liked the original better.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 am

When they finally announce the first bands, it’s going to be like Randy Marsh when he finally got the internet back:
    https://www.sickchirpse.com/wp-content/ ... oplasm.jpg
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:10 am

Bob wrote:
    Pellaz wrote: … I was out of state with limited net access.

^^^^This is my biggest fear right now. Being away from fast internet access while on vacation when the booking codes open up.

Me, too. I'm about to be "out of position" for almost two weeks due to DragonCon and ProgPower USA. Not without net access per se, but it will be...hectic and slow. And during DragonCon all of downtown Atlanta's net access is overwhelmed by 85,000 geeks. Myself included. :lol:

If I'm slow to "smoke" the victims when they inevitably die here, well...there ya go.

Bob wrote:Red Dawn 1984 was fun, think they did a remake 2012, but I liked the original better.

Agreed.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Looks like SLAYER wanted one more day to dominate the news with their press release this morning, so the winner will be Ti7aNiC tomorrow.
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Godflesh wrote:Looks like SLAYER wanted one more day to dominate the news with their press release this morning, so the winner will be Ti7aNiC tomorrow.

If Slayer gets announced tomorrow I will honest to god buy you a beer on board. Find the gifmaster OR PotatoPotahto, I swear to god. Beer for you, from me.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:44 pm

King said: “we want to assure our fans that we'll be on the road through 2019 and will get to as many places around the world as possible to make it easier for everyone to come and see us one last time”.
    What easier way to reach 75 countries at once than our boat? “As many places as possible”...

That, and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES getting the boot, plus the “We’re almost there” comment makes the probability of it happening shoot up geometrically for me.

If the announcement happens tomorrow it means that SLAYER would dominate the music news for 2 days in a row, that’s accrued mindshare, and in marketing this is spelled “mind$hare” :trashdrink:
    Last edited by Godflesh on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:52 pm

I also think there will be a second heavy-hitter, as I don’t think that SLAYER alone justifies the “you’re going to shit your pants” comments 70000tons have been saying.
    I’m still hoping for JUDAS PRIEST but both at the same time seems a bit much, so I’ll guess LAMB OF GOD, which have been touring with SLAYER all year.
    And DIMMU BORGIR as the 3rd headliner.
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Godflesh wrote:Looks like SLAYER wanted one more day to dominate the news with their press release this morning, so the winner will be Ti7aNiC tomorrow.

Godflesh wrote:I also think there will be a second heavy-hitter, as I don’t think that SLAYER alone justifies the “you’re going to shit your pants” comments 70000tons have been saying.
    I’m still hoping for JUDAS PRIEST but both at the same time seems a bit much, so I’ll guess LAMB OF GOD, which have been touring with SLAYER all year.

I actually agree with this - but I dream of Judas Priest. I've had a beer with Bruce Dickinson a few years back, and now the #1 metalhead I want to meet is Rob Halford. A guy can dream.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Godflesh wrote:I also think there will be a second heavy-hitter, as I don’t think that SLAYER alone justifies the “you’re going to shit your pants” comments 70000tons have been saying.

All very big misses for me.

Slayer seems incredibly unlikely. I discussed this possibility briefly with some survivors at Powerglove last week, and they all agreed that Slayer would be a bad boat band anyway. They couldn't do their stage show, and it would attract a set of boat virgins that might dampen the overall atmosphere.

I could see a couple of more "modern" heavy hitters for the headliners. I don't see Dimmu, but maybe Amon Amarth and/or Gojira? And one "classic" band... Of which I don't know many. DTA?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:37 pm

I really hope that it is not Slayer we are waiting for. Not because I don't like them, there are always enough good bands on board and some that are less my taste, that's part of the concept.
    But I think this would make it extra hard for a newbie like me to snatch a cabin. There would surely be a lot of Slayer fans trying to be on the boat just for them.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Godflesh wrote: so I’ll guess LAMB OF GOD, which have been touring with SLAYER all year.

:beerwink:
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:40 am

ProgPower will announce its entire lineup for September of 2019 next week, for both the pre-party and the main festival. Just sayin.

#ProfessionalPromoters
    #Doesn'tShitOnTheirCustomers
    #StillGettingMyMoney
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Amalu wrote:I really hope that it is not Slayer we are waiting for. Not because I don't like them, there are always enough good bands on board and some that are less my taste, that's part of the concept.
    But I think this would make it extra hard for a newbie like me to snatch a cabin. There would surely be a lot of Slayer fans trying to be on the boat just for them.

From the Slayer fans that I saw in June, most of them would be completely clueless about most 70k bands. Slayer is a classic metal band that is world renowned. Even the biggest 70k bands for the most part are relatively unknown in a mainstream arena.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 pm

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:54 pm

We got more hype from 70000tons, though: "Nah, once you guys see what we've got in store, you'll forgive us"
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Godflesh wrote:We got more hype from 70000tons, though: "Nah, once you guys see what we've got in store, you'll forgive us"

Wait until you see the "5 Months" announcement. It's the best looking announcement yet. It's gonna blow you out of the water. There's never been a "5 Months" announcement equal to the one you're getting in just 2 DAYS!!!!!
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Survivor:
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:11 am

Even if I have been quiet for age, I am still reading messages on the forum :D

As a lot of us, I am totally disappointed by the silence of the 70K team, except the social media people who keep posting some same answers for months on FB. It's looks that they listen us but not hear us, they don't care that we have, for the people outside the US mostly, to book flights and save a lot of money :bitch:

I had to change my plans for 2019 thanks of the silence of 70K, I have now the money to pay the cruise fully in one payment, but I have to save more money for the other holiday in 2019. It could be useful to know how I have to save actually, if I have to be totally strict in my expenses or not.

I know that a lot of people think that the cruise will take place, but my question is: am I the only one who have doubts? There are far too many weird things, as the 2 last recap videos not done, the survivors ask videos not posted, the mega thread not created and I don't know what more :oops: That make think that there's probably a very serious trouble somewhere in the 70K team. I hope I am wrong, of course and I am trying to keep a thin positive attitude, but I have actually more and more difficulties to stay positive :roll:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 am

If they don’t announce SLAYER tomorrow, I think the whole “they have to wait for SLAYER” theory falls flat, because their press release clearly opened the door for that.

All I have left in my bag of snake oil theories for the delay is that the big announcement is in fact MEGADETH, and Dave misspoke when he mentioned a cruise in 2019 (some news outlets report this interview as a cruise AND a boot camp thing in Europe).
    Then the theory would be that Dave wants to green light all or most of the bands, and Andy is scrambling to book them, in which case the announcements date is unbounded.

We’ll know tomorrow, since a FB post is overdue. If it’s a bullshit post, then yes, the one after that will be the dreaded “5 months” post.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:52 am

I really hope it is NOT Megadeth
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:05 am

At this point anything short of Dio, Dimebag, Randy Rhodes, Cliff Button, and Lemmy is going to be disappointing.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:14 am

At this point, if the first band is not Disturbed, it'll be a huge disappointment.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:01 am

I would honestly wager my house, car, and guitar that Slayer will never play this cruise. It simply is not going to happen.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer

by angelyuyo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:09 am

At this point lols like we get to late September with no announcements. :evil:
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:18 am

IMO no single band or group of bands could justify UMC pissing at us for two months the way they did.
    I'm just exploring the narrative they've been feeding us on FB, that something big is coming.
    These violent delights have violent ends.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:44 am

Godflesh wrote:IMO no single band or group of bands could justify UMC pissing at us for two months the way they did.
    I'm just exploring the narrative they've been feeding us on FB, that something big is coming.

What else would they say? 'Sailors, we know it's being a long wait, and what's coming next is not such a big deal anyway'.

Remember, they're just the social media guys, at this point they probably don't know shit either, they're just doing their job, which is trying to keep the community stoked.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:03 am

bodomdragon wrote:they're just doing their job, which is trying to keep the community stoked.

The longer time passes without any news, the less they seems to be succeeding at that.
    6 hours ago, they posted a barrage of comments such as "imminently", "pronto", and "But we are soooooo close! Seriously!!!"
    Why can't they give a fucking date? Tell us something like September XX, and everybody will stop bitching.

I wonder what would have happened without FB, and just radio silence on this forum from Andy since February, if you ignore the #SurvivorsAsk posts (which stopped in June).
    Even Tweeter is only getting a fraction of the FB reposts now.
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:29 am

Hello guys from Costa Rica, well actually the last Show of Slayer in North America will be October 7th at Force Fest on Mexico, I will be there...

Pura Vida Maes!!! :shred:
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:38 am

taketheday wrote:I know that a lot of people think that the cruise will take place, but my question is: am I the only one who have doubts? There are far too many weird things, as the 2 last recap videos not done, the survivors ask videos not posted, the mega thread not created and I don't know what more :oops: That make think that there's probably a very serious trouble somewhere in the 70K team. I hope I am wrong, of course and I am trying to keep a thin positive attitude, but I have actually more and more difficulties to stay positive :roll:

I'm not worried at all. The cruise will happen 100%. We are a cash cow for RCCL. And - I'm not saying Andy is rolling in it - but I certainly believe UMC is a lot better off financially than everyone in here seems to think. Andy clearly chartered the Independence for 2019 years beforehand, and has indicated that he has something special in store for 2020.

As well, it'd be a stupid business if they had to completely sell out in order to profit; there's a break-even somewhere. I can guarantee you that UCM is not hurting for money or investments. But, that being said, even after 30 years Wacken isn't making the organizers rich - as they always reinvest the profits back into the festival itself. UMC is likely doing the same, but looking to expand - not just focusing on 70000tons. Andy made it clear in the press conference that UMC is also working towards a European cruise that won't be under the 70000 Tons Of Metal moniker. To me, it just sounds like UMC has a lot on their plate (70K, "something special" 2020, Barge II?, a European cruise?). And finally, we all know Andy and that UCM is quite secretive.

As for recap videos day 3 & 4, there's just so many variables as to why we don't have them we'll likely never know what happened. Maybe UCM simply lost their video editor and just haven't put the time in to find a replacement employee. Maybe a new UMC website is on the way that will tie all their cruises together. Maybe Disturbed is asking for too much money.

The megathread literally takes two seconds to make, so I see no reason to be concerned about that; just because it was done ahead of time in the past does not mean it needs to be that way moving forward.

Everything is fine. I'll see you all on the boat (but probably not the Aussie's at this rate).
    Survivor:
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:42 am

Memnoch wrote:At this point, if the first band is not Disturbed, it'll be a huge disappointment.

Correct. I'll be furious at this rate if I don't get to hear the Greatest Hit of Disturbed on broad in 2019.

Ti7aNiC wrote:[lots of words...]

Everything is fine. I'll see you all on the boat (but probably not the Aussie's at this rate).

This is the most likely course of action. It just upsets me progressively more every year how little UMC seems to care about us getting information.

Thankfully, the Canadian dollar has at least not been getting any worse. I've been reminded that the odds of me getting a key MDM band are HIGH, so I'll probably be drawn to book as long as there's a damn announcement before October. Though the AUD slipping makes it unlikely I'll get to see all my Aussie friends which is sad :(

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:17 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:At this point, if the first band is not Disturbed, it'll be a huge disappointment.

Correct. I'll be furious at this rate if I don't get to hear the Greatest Hit of Disturbed on broad in 2019.

Ti7aNiC wrote:[lots of words...]

This is the most likely course of action. It just upsets me progressively more every year how little UMC seems to care about us getting information.

Thankfully, the Canadian dollar has at least not been getting any worse. I've been reminded that the odds of me getting a key MDM band are HIGH, so I'll probably be drawn to book as long as there's a damn announcement before October. Though the AUD slipping makes it unlikely I'll get to see all my Aussie friends which is sad :(

According to the first-hand information that I got, you'll get at least a couple wishlist bands onbroad.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:55 am

Godflesh wrote:...

Haha, Westworld phrase, I still can't figure out who the good and the bad guys are in that show.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
Post Reply 513 posts