Post Reply 513 posts
Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread
    Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread

by Cardest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 am

Maybe we'll get something on the '200' days to go!
    That's in 5 days!

Maybe.

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Survivor

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:25 am

Aren't we all chomping at the bit for Andy's first announcement?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:26 am

Mr. Kito gets a taste of Roy's scythe :death:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:53 am

Downvod wrote:I sure hope not. I’ll be in Europe from 8/2 to 8/14. Was hoping to have the booking process out of the way before going out there...

I'm worried about that too. I'm going to be away without internet access the first week of August. If Andy opens up Gold sales that weekend (or even on the 21st, when I'll also be out of town) I'm not sure I'll get a spot. Silver sales sold out the cruise last year, I would wager Gold will do that this year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:12 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Downvod wrote:I sure hope not. I’ll be in Europe from 8/2 to 8/14. Was hoping to have the booking process out of the way before going out there...

I'm worried about that too. I'm going to be away without internet access the first week of August. If Andy opens up Gold sales that weekend (or even on the 21st, when I'll also be out of town) I'm not sure I'll get a spot. Silver sales sold out the cruise last year, I would wager Gold will do that this year.

Not quite. There were some cabins left for public sales, but only a couple of options to choose from. Who knows, though... I have seen quite a few veterans confirming that they won't be going in 2019. It may leave room for more newbies (though they will only have the pricey cabins to choose from).
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:47 am

Phoenix wrote:

Was telling somebody just yesterday I have to take the morning of off so I can be home when I do my booking. Last year took me almost an hour and tens of retries, (30+) to successfully book and I had fast internet. I got the room I wanted but it was complete terror.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:57 am

Downvod wrote:Not quite. There were some cabins left for public sales, but only a couple of options to choose from. Who knows, though... I have seen quite a few veterans confirming that they won't be going in 2019. It may leave room for more newbies (though they will only have the pricey cabins to choose from).

More importantly than cheap rooms, I just want an interior room. They're pitch black, unlike the balcony rooms :P

And frankly, with the Canadian dollar being terrible these days, I don't want to pay more than a certain amount. If Andy ups the prices again, that'll be a cheap room only.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Bob wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

Was telling somebody just yesterday I have to take the morning of off so I can be home when I do my booking. Last year took me almost an hour and tens of retries, (30+) to successfully book and I had fast internet. I got the room I wanted but it was complete terror.

Same here. It took 90 minutes to finally get the confirmation across, and I was "running" two sets of browser windows. I had to take two hours of leave from work because I got there late.

Maybe they'll institute a new, higher level of returning Survivor ("Platinum"?) to limit the server load? Although quite a few "veterans" have said they're not interested in returning (for whatever reason), if the same tier system is used again, an entire new year's worth of survivors will be part of that Gold mix.
    "Platinum Survivors: those with at least six prior UMC cruises...or whose forum name is Pellaz." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Simple solution. More levels.

Rhodium - 9 UMC cruises
    Platinum - 8 UMC cruises
    Gold - 7 UMC cruises
    Palladium - 6 UMC cruises
    Iridium - 5 UMC cruises
    Osmium - 4 UMC cruises
    Rhenium - 3 UMC cruises
    Silver - 2 UMC cruises

You're welcome :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Needs more Rubidium.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 am

cowboy71 wrote:Simple solution. More levels.

Rhodium - 9 UMC cruises
    Platinum - 8 UMC cruises
    Gold - 7 UMC cruises
    Iridium - 5 UMC cruises
    Osmium - 4 UMC cruises
    Rhenium - 3 UMC cruises
    Silver - 2 UMC cruises

I find your lack of plutonium, uranium, or gold-pressed latinum...disturbing. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Needs more cowbell
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Needs more announcinum..... which leads to Metalium!!! Partium, drinkium.....

:P

Boatium....
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 am

Insomnium - 11 UMC cruises [not yet available]
    Omniumgatherum - 10 UMC cruises [not yet available]
    Rhodium - 9 UMC cruises
    Platinum - 8 UMC cruises
    Gold - 7 UMC cruises
    Iridium - 5 UMC cruises
    Osmium - 4 UMC cruises
    Rhenium - 3 UMC cruises
    Silver - 2 UMC cruises

Fixed that for ya.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:35 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Insomnium - 11 UMC cruises [not yet available]
    Omniumgatherum - 10 UMC cruises [not yet available]
    Rhodium - 9 UMC cruises
    Platinum - 8 UMC cruises
    Gold - 7 UMC cruises
    Iridium - 5 UMC cruises
    Osmium - 4 UMC cruises
    Rhenium - 3 UMC cruises
    Silver - 2 UMC cruises

Fixed that for ya.

:lol: :lol:

Kinda annoyed with myself that I didn't think of that. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am

The butcher's bill continues to grow..... :shock:

26 May -- Cardest (ooops)
    1 June -- cegr80 (oops)
    4 June -- Pellaz (damnit)
    6 June -- TPH (sorry...)
    8 June -- UltimoAviso (too sooooooon)
    9 June -- Azazel101 (another rosy guess)
    12 June -- Jaimie38 (sorry, try again...IF YOU DARE)
    23 June -- Ti7aNiC (sorry...)
    28 June -- DrinkMoxie (dead)
    30 June -- headlinerluxi (that's a nope)
    1 July -- Ethrivas (dead)
    2 July -- mbob (shazbot!)
    3 July -- meshuggah, Godflesh,
    Cardest (McNope, but maybe McLater)
    4 July -- cowboy71 (the stats point to "no")
    5 July -- Speedy, Extraneous (nope)
    6 July -- Bodomdragon (every time I die)
    7 July -- Phoenix (some sort of "rise from the ashes" quip goes here)
    8 July --
    Pellaz (dead AGAIN)
    9 July -- Mr.Kito (dead)
    12 July -- deathmetalpat -- on life support
    13 July -- meshuggah
    14 July -- samayl6
    25 July -- acidbasement
    1 August -- Castroh
    8 August -- Shadow Son, PotatoPotahto
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Cardest wrote:Maybe we'll get something on the '200' days to go!
    That's in 5 days!

Maybe.

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Survivor

Maybe we'll get a "200 days!" post on Sunday, to remind us of the cruise dates.
    Maybe.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Hmmm..Friday the 13th 1st announcement Helloween "Pumpkins United".
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 pm

As long as we’re reaching: how about Andy is waiting for France’s victory Sunday morning to announce GOJIRA as the first band (or not if they lose)? This will also coincide with 200 days.

- First post during the night: “200 days to go!” with the “SOON...” graphic
    - After the game: “They are the champions”, or alternatively announce DIMMU BORGIR.

Edit: I just saw that Mr.Kito (I assume that’s you) also mentioned a possible World Cup delay on FB, but not specifically GOJIRA, #5 on the wishlist, equal to NE OBLIVISCARIS - if Australia was playing a World Cup final in 3 days, wouldn’t you also wait until then to announce them if you were Andy?

If that turns out to be true, it would mean that if England, Sweden, Brazil and France had all lost in the quarterfinals, we would have had announcements on July 7th!!! (I can’t see a famous metal band from the other 4 countries)
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm

World Cup!

It is very distracting.

France vs the kitchen table cloths, in the Final.

Was there a delay like this in 2014?
    I don't remember waiting this long.
    Dallas would have the stats on that one!

Hope it's not just another 200 days to go....Soon graphic. What a drag that would be.

I also hear that Skipper no longer lives in Vancouver. Maybe there was a delay in moving?

Eh...

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 pm

...sorry....one extra bit.
    I doubt moving was the excuse.

But we are so eager and tired of waiting! Eh!

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 pm

This is officially the closest to sailing that its ever been for a first band announcement.

The history so far:

2019 - 202 days to go (and still counting down)
    2018 - 213 days to go
    2017 - 211 days to go
    2016 - 224 days to go
    2015 - 313 days to go
    2014 - 301 days to go
    2013 - 215 days to go
    2012 - 280 days to go
    2011 - 402 days to go
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote:This is officially the closest to sailing that its ever been for a first band announcement.

The history so far:

2018 - 213 days to go
    2017 - 211 days to go
    2016 - 224 days to go
    2015 - 313 days to go
    2014 - 301 days to go
    2013 - 215 days to go
    2012 - 280 days to go
    2011 - 402 days to go

Well like I said earlier, each day without paying for your cabin in advance is interest in your bank account, not theirs (survivors get a 5% discount if they pay cash up front).
    It sounds silly to voluntarily lose money for whatever non-business reason, so that’s probably not what’s happening here.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 am

It's somehow funny to keep reading theories about why he's putting off the announcements...

What if he's waiting for 06/06 because satan?
    What if he's waiting for 07/07 as last year?
    What if he's waiting till 7 months to go?
    What if he's waiting till exactly 200 days to go?
    What if he's waiting till France win the world cup?

Keep'em coming, he must be having a laugh :D
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 am

bodomdragon wrote:It's somehow funny to keep reading theories about why he's putting off the announcements...

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 am

deathmetalpat :death:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:45 am

bodomdragon wrote:It's somehow funny to keep reading theories about why he's putting off the announcements...

Joke's on all of us, he's waiting until 9/9 for Round 9 and laughing at how we never thought of that before :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 am

I just had a radical thought. What if announcements are delayed because he has decided this year to announce the entire line up all at once.

I have no idea if he would do something like that, but it could explain the delay.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:46 am

slayergeek wrote:I just had a radical thought. What if announcements are delayed because he has decided this year to announce the entire line up all at once.

I have no idea if he would do something like that, but it could explain the delay.

He doesn't typically get the last band until like 2-3 weeks beforehand, so chances of this are very slim. I'm not even sure how I feel about it! I like the guessing game. Keeps the hype going the entire time.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:18 pm

I wasn't listening, but if Andy really said like this (quoted from metalstorm.net):
    "the booking system needs to be revamped and the current gold and silver status doesn't work anymore. The cruise had become an almost inclusive event and it's getting harder and harder for new people to be able to book a cabin. "We need fresh blood""

Doing that and also keeping old sailors in thoughts is a really tough thing to do. It might mean like 20% of the cabins are available only to the new guys. Last year I was happy to get in (not cheap) as a single person but it was close (I guess I got the last place). Now when I've worn the 70ktons shirt lots of people have been asking "did you really go there, how". If there would be the European version on "70ktons" I bet I'd be trying to go there every year. Of course original 70ktons was so much more special. A getaway from freezing Finland. :viking:

For people living in south make some "Northern Heavy Cruise" where is ice cold outside and the shore is ice frosty. Bring the skates for pool deck shows. We've had shows at ice rink where is hot! For us from Northern Europe and Canada the 70k could be as usual. When our local winter is colder, we have a place for some getaway trip for music :bangers:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:38 pm

slayergeek wrote:I just had a radical thought. What if announcements are delayed because he has decided this year to announce the entire line up all at once.

Yes. He had the secret list of bands on his phone but he lost it, so now they're scrambling to call everybody, because he doesn't remember all of them. :D
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Gee, did I put down July 13th for my guess? That was a typo, and I really meant July 23rd. Please put me down for July 23rd :mrgreen: .
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote:

He doesn't typically get the last band until like 2-3 weeks beforehand, so chances of this are very slim. I'm not even sure how I feel about it! I like the guessing game. Keeps the hype going the entire time.

You must be new here.
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    PotatoPotahto wrote:

You must be new here.

LOL....yeah. To misquote Star Trek II, "If we go by the book, weeks would seem like days." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Not that I see much of a good reason for delaying announcements due to the World Cup, but I'm wondering if maybe, since it IS a worldwide phenomenon (except in the US), Andy is holding off 'til after it's over. Why compete with something that big and potentially distracting?

meshuggah wrote:Gee, did I put down July 13th for my guess? That was a typo, and I really meant July 23rd. Please put me down for July 23rd :mrgreen: .

DENIED.

If I'm throwing in the towel in this, everyone else has to also. :lol:

26 May -- Cardest (ooops)
    1 June -- cegr80 (oops)
    4 June -- Pellaz (damnit)
    6 June -- TPH (sorry...)
    8 June -- UltimoAviso (too sooooooon)
    9 June -- Azazel101 (another rosy guess)
    12 June -- Jaimie38 (sorry, try again...IF YOU DARE)
    23 June -- Ti7aNiC (sorry...)
    28 June -- DrinkMoxie (dead)
    30 June -- headlinerluxi (that's a nope)
    1 July -- Ethrivas (dead)
    2 July -- mbob (shazbot!)
    3 July -- meshuggah, Godflesh,
    Cardest (McNope, but maybe McLater)
    4 July -- cowboy71 (the stats point to "no")
    5 July -- Speedy, Extraneous (nope)
    6 July -- Bodomdragon (every time I die)
    7 July -- Phoenix (some sort of "rise from the ashes" quip goes here)
    8 July --
    Pellaz (dead AGAIN)
    9 July -- Mr.Kito (dead)
    12 July -- deathmetalpat (death^2metalpat)
    13 July --
    meshuggah (dead AGAIN)
    14 July -- samayl6
    25 July -- acidbasement
    1 August -- Castroh
    8 August -- Shadow Son, PotatoPotahto
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Godflesh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:This is officially the closest to sailing that its ever been for a first band announcement.

The history so far:

2018 - 213 days to go
    2017 - 211 days to go
    2016 - 224 days to go
    2015 - 313 days to go
    2014 - 301 days to go
    2013 - 215 days to go
    2012 - 280 days to go
    2011 - 402 days to go

Well like I said earlier, each day without paying for your cabin in advance is interest in your bank account, not theirs (survivors get a 5% discount if they pay cash up front).
    It sounds silly to voluntarily lose money for whatever non-business reason, so that’s probably not what’s happening here.

200 days and 23 hours to go now.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:15 am

200 days - 3hrs (where I am currently).

C'mon Skip!

Skip to it!

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Godflesh wrote:As long as we’re reaching: how about Andy is waiting for France’s victory Sunday morning to announce GOJIRA as the first band (or not if they lose)? This will also coincide with 200 days.

- First post during the night: “200 days to go!” with the “SOON...” graphic
    - After the game: “They are the champions”, or alternatively announce DIMMU BORGIR.

Edit: I just saw that Mr.Kito (I assume that’s you) also mentioned a possible World Cup delay on FB, but not specifically GOJIRA, #5 on the wishlist, equal to NE OBLIVISCARIS - if Australia was playing a World Cup final in 3 days, wouldn’t you also wait until then to announce them if you were Andy?

If that turns out to be true, it would mean that if England, Sweden, Brazil and France had all lost in the quarterfinals, we would have had announcements on July 7th!!! (I can’t see a famous metal band from the other 4 countries)

Well, it didn't happen, but I'm not technically wrong so far... Andy DID wait until after the World Cup, France DID win, and GOJIRA still DOES have a chance to be announced... They're headlining a couple of festivals this year and are well billed in the big ones, BTW.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 am

What if he's waiting until 10/1 because that's when he completes the online course he's taking: Concert Promotion 101
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:57 am

It's just getting depressing now.

The wait.

Post Reply 513 posts