Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: One Last Return To ROOTS

by Gratch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Never warmed much to Soulfly, but am I understanding this correctly that they're playing "Roots Bloody Roots" in it's entirety? If so, I'll definitely be in for that. Nostalgia factor back to my college days, if nothing else.

If the next clue somehow isn't Voyager (from Australia), I'm going to be hugely disappointed. "The Meaning of I" and "V" were both brilliant albums.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Attention GOLD Survivors!

by sara » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Speedy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:51 pm
    sara wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 pm No change to the Gold/Silver system.

They better spin up some extra compute for when the sales open!
    For a WordPress site? Hahaha. Haha. Ha. OMG. You're too funny. One can only hope lots of people are needing to hold off for whatever reason. This does actually feel like very little heads-up. I'm gonna have to park it in one of the "phone booths" at work and completely shut down Slack.

I think we're in for lots of crashes again.
    The booking pages is on a separate domain, book70000tons.com, this year, so maybe they have done something to avoid the site kneeling.
    Oooh! Good catch! I hope that does help some things. I'm sure that between that system getting some changes and the deck plan stuff, UMC have been pretty busy. It would probably be better for them if they were more straight-forward about it instead of posting tone-deaf replies to people bitching on FB.

I'm excited for Soulfly doing Roots, shit. That's awesome.

I'm definitely in the festival for the vacation and friends and all of that. The music is important, but the line-up isn't a deal killer for me unless it goes full-weenie some year or something. Theeeeen I don't knoooooow...
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Gratch wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:03 pmIf the next clue somehow isn't Voyager (from Australia), I'm going to be hugely disappointed. "The Meaning of I" and "V" were both brilliant albums.
    I don't think one clue was actually a clue to the name of the band other than the letter, so I'd bet against Voyager.

Based on what's been announced so far, I'm guessing Visions of Atlantis also. Not my thing, but somebody will go see them.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Roots is my favorite SEPULTURA album and this show was on my wishlist 2 years ago, so yay.
    Interestingly, back then Max and Iggor toured with THE BLACK DALIAH MURDER, COMBICHRIST and ALLEGAEON, so here’s hoping for the last 2 as well.
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:12 pm

This line up so far is a definite pass for me. Which is a good thing, since I can't afford to go next year anyway. As it is currently, there isn't a single band announced yet that I'll regret missing.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 pm

So, in the past the old website would crash at time of booking.... new website? new betterer prebooking process??

We shall see,,,,
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:21 pm

andy wrote: We can't tell you how excited we are about what is coming next. You could say that the "S"uspense is killing us!
    also andy wrote: We are proud to announce that SOULFLY will join us onbroad Round 9
    Note to self. For future reference, something that excite andy unlikely to excite me.

Check.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Ti7aNiC wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 am
    bev336 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am Okay, I'm a newbie and was hoping to get onboard this year, but it looks like, I'm wasting my time. What are the chances of any suites being left for the general public sale.
    What the other guys already said. But in all seriousness, if you can't find a Survivor to get in a cabin with, book a single ticket instead of waiting/hoping for a cabin - get your spot on the boat, wherever it may be. It really doesn't matter where your bed is... if you're like me and 90% of the rest of the boat, you'll only use your room to sleep, which itself will be a rare occurrence. Why book a big room when you're never in there?

Their question asked specifically about suites. If anything IS available at public sales, it will be suites and the more expensive options.
    I do see the appeal for balcony suites for those who smoke, though.
    Not that anyone should feel encouraged by this completely hypothetical thread to violate the cruise line's policy of no smoking on balconies. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

We Sail In The Deep and The Dark

by Andy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Experience euphoria onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise as we welcome the Symphonic maestros VISIONS OF ATLANTIS onbroad.

With such a star-studded and diverse lineup already, it would be a mistake to miss this "O"ccasion.

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: We Sail In The Deep and The Dark

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Called it!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:23 pmCalled it!
    Yep.

Pro.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Omnium Gatherum!!! Markus for all years!!!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:49 pm Omnium Gatherum!!! Markus for all years!!!
    My sister and I did ask him about that last year and he said "that's the plan"
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Opeth! Opeth! Opeth!

(not happening, I know ...)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:49 pm Omnium Gatherum!!! Markus for all years!!!
    That's my suspicion and I'm happy with it, too.

Other possibilities.... Opeth (hah, nahhh), stOverkill, Orden Ogan, Orphaned Land, Origin, Obituary.....
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:06 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 pm Opeth! Opeth! Opeth!

(not happening, I know ...)
    Indeed. They are not a repeat, so no chance :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:13 pm

ONSLAUGHT would be awesome! :shred:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:30 pm

So far line-up sux for my tastes sadly, Ouroboros or Omnium Gatherum may make me smile a bit.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Accept, Delain, Vomitory and Visions of Atlantis so far for me. Still not booking.

disclaimer: I reserve to right to change my mind at any time between now and the end of January 2019.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 pm

This lineup is indeed exceptional (but not for the reasons we were hoping for, kind of the opposite), and I did shit my pants (also for unrelated reasons :mrgreen:).
    My wife, who is always right (!), thinks that they might be going crescendo this year, to avoid a “gold rush”.
    Gold members have a full nine days to vote with their pocketbook, so I guess it’s an observation phase - if sales are slow, increase the announcement level.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:28 am

Jesus Christ, what a nightmare of a lineup.... :cry:

Omnium Gatherum or Orden Ogan would be a great way to FINALLY give me SOMETHING I actually love. On the other hand it might be the 'O' band I know that will be onbroad which I don't like at all.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 am

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:28 am Jesus Christ, what a nightmare of a lineup.... :cry:

Omnium Gatherum or Orden Ogan would be a great way to FINALLY give me SOMETHING I actually love. On the other hand it might be the 'O' band I know that will be onbroad which I don't like at all.
    Yeah, it’s OBITUARY and you know it, don’t you?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:51 am

Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 am
    bodomdragon wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:28 am Jesus Christ, what a nightmare of a lineup.... :cry:

Yeah, it’s OBITUARY and you know it, don’t you?
    Yes. I don't even care anymore.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:34 am

If I remember correctly, those fees etc are the only part of the ticket price where any money actually goes to UMC.

" ....Passenger for all Taxes, Pre-Paid Gratuities, Port Charges and Fees, including, without limitation, a Booking Fee."

So the reason why this component is so much higher for 70K is that tips are factored into it and a "booking fee" (ie -UMC's cut) is also factored in.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:08 am

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:51 am
    Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 am Yeah, it’s OBITUARY and you know it, don’t you?
    Yes. I don't even care anymore.
    Dammit. I like Obituary but I was really hoping for a win. This lineup is far too much fluff for me right now.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:22 am

I really want to see The Ocean while on...the ocean.

Fingers crossed.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:06 am

What he said.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:17 am

70k charters the boat ,the price per cabin is based on the cost of taking the boat out of service for a normal cruise.Royal Caribbean needs to factor in the lost revenue from a typical cruise for things such as the high profit items lost (diamond sales,spa treatments,high end meal purchases etc.).Also the cruisers are responsible for buying all the cabins but only 3,000 in number,you are paying for every band member,lighting,sound,helping with the discount cabins to press ,buying 70k employees cabins etc.Alcohol sales are great and all but it is a much lower profit item than other things lost.The taxes and fees aren’t discounted because 70k prices are fixed ,Royal Caribbean’s revenue sharing with 70k probably dictates the cost of cabins also.For example this year the higher end cabins had a larger increase than other cabins,those cabins are most likely paid in full and they believe that they can still sell them with the higher prices this year.There is probably some capacity reached level say 85% that 70k gets best terms possible,and than after that Royal Caribbean makes more money,at lower capacity Royal Caribbean might subsidize 70k at bit.At some level the cruise is a bust but goes forth anyway (see Barge to Hell).
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:01 am

I don't see Visions of Atlantis on the website yet... maybe it's all a bad dream...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:16 am

even if the most important for me are not the bands....they were there several times,
    well anyway, the journey would be great again, if we participate, i am not sure.. lot of money again..for low-mid lewel bands ..
    no new bands so far..repeats and repeats and who did not see the accept band already too many times....lol :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:46 am

Ti7aNiC wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:04 pmAnd UMC didn't change the booking process even after Andy himself said the system no longer worked (and he's right). I'm sure they have picked the announcement order purposefully. Especially with a good chunk of repeats. I bet they are hoping it discourages some Survivors from booking, while still being decent enough to make people interested. - Ti7aNiC
    I mean, logically, the longer the boat is a festival, the more "repeats" we'll have every year. But even with that, it seems I'm being proven right. We'll know for sure if once we hit Public sales we see some quality "new" boat bands. Then the cripper bands always seem to come near the end, too.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:59 am

Orden Ogan would please me in most pleasant fashion.

Also, we decided that we will be booking. Fuck yeah! :viking: :shred: :bangers:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:08 am

Why are repeats so terrible? Seems logical that some bands will necessarily be repeats after 9 years. I don't mind seeing a good band multiple times. I'm sure nobody would mind if one's own personal favorite would be on board every year. As Ti7aNiC says, the older 70k gets as a festival the more repeats will be on the boat.

Also I would guess that the quality of announcements will remain more or less the same also after gold sales. Perhaps the other bands will suite personal tastes better, but the mixture of repeats and new band and the overall objective quality (thus price ;) ) of the bands will be constant. Seems to be the case for the line ups of the last couple of years at least.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:20 am

Amalu wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:08 am Why are repeats so terrible? Seems logical that some bands will necessarily be repeats after 9 years. I don't mind seeing a good band multiple times. I'm sure nobody would mind if one's own personal favorite would be on board every year. As Ti7aNiC says, the older 70k gets as a festival the more repeats will be on the boat.
    And you're right, nothing wrong as long as it's a diverse lineup of bands that are good live. And we're getting there. Though I can explain some of what the "problem" people are posing with repeats is.

Example, I live in Calgary, a city that only gets about half the North American tours (or less). This is why I like to go on 70k, because I get to see bands that rarely tour North America. In fact, it's what great about 70k in general - oftentimes, bands will book an NA tour to coincide with the cruise, so you'll get to see them even more. Reason #1 why new bands is always better - more great bands to tour NA.

That all being said, I've seen Ensiferum (whom I think are not great live), Arkona, Eluveitie, and even DELAIN (who I don't enjoy AT ALL) multiple times. If you're a regular concert attendee, which you probably are if you're going to a metal festival, you're in the same boat as me. In fact, you're probably more likely to have seen these bands MORE than I have, because you don't live in landlocked Prairie Canada where everyone thinks no one lives (they're wrong by the way, I know at least 50 people in my city alone who attend the cruise yearly).

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:25 am

headlinerluxi wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:16 am ..
    no new bands so far..repeats and repeats and who did not see the accept band already too many times....lol :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Persefone, Tiamat and The Black Dahlia Murder are new, or at least they haven't been on any of the cruises I've been on, so they're new to me. Max and Igor playing Roots is also new.
    Last edited by doomguy on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 am

Persefone, Accept, TBDM, and I think one more are new? The rest are all repeats.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:31 am

Yeah, okay. That really makes sense.

I think I might not be used to the extreme distances you guys in NA have to travel for concerts. We are very lucky in that regard in my region. First of all I have the Z7, a very good concert venue where a lot of the announced bands have already played, in 20 minutes distance. I have other major cities, like Zurich or Bern within an hour. Larger German cities like Stuttgart or Munich within easy drive distance. So yeah, it is rare that a band is touring Europe and I don't find a venue close to me.

Might also be why I'm not so sensitive about bands that I already know. Hey, I've seen Ensiferum in May in the aforementioned Z7 and Eluveitie last year during a free concert in Basel. Elu played in the Z7 this year together with Epica and Excelsis. I missed them because I was at a Scout summer camp (I'm a Scout chief). We actually tried to book them for an unplugged concert during around our camp fire. They responded and regretfully declined due to scheduling conflicts. :lol:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:41 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 am Persefone, Accept, TBDM, and I think one more are new? The rest are all repeats.
    Oh ok, I didn't know Tiamat had been on before. Pretty sure they haven't played Wildhoney in it's entirety though so that's new, and one of the shows I'm really looking forward to.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 am

I don't mind repeats. I've seen Behemoth 5 times and never on the boat, for example.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:51 am

PotatoPotahto wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 am I don't mind repeats. I've seen Behemoth 5 times and never on the boat, for example.
    Oh, that's worth it. Behemoth on the boat are fucking magical.

And like I said, nothing wrong with some repeats. Just, when they're a band that you only sorta like that you've seen five times? Not that exciting. Some bands are BETTER on the boat though - I saw Grave Digger in my city and they were Fine™, but on the boat they have so much more energy.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 2038 posts