Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Pagan Rituals At Sea

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:02 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:57 pm For the 'S' band, I'm guessing SUFFOCATION with the last ever shows with their retiring singer Frank, along with the new singer.
    I think that sounds more likely than Slayer or Savatage.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Would Slayer be that welcome? They actually rate relatively low on the combined wishlists - maybe because a lot of people think they are too big so didn't bother naming them?

But yeah if you look at where Slayer rate compared to other S bands:

17 - Symphony X
    51 - Stratovarius
    82 - Saltatio Mortis
    83 - Sodom
    94 - Skalmold
    105 - Saxon
    106 - Skeletonwitch
    118 - Satyricon
    119 - Savatage
    128 - Serenity
    129 - Slayer

(and in case you are wondering, Suffocation comes in at 380th).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:32 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 pm Would Slayer be that welcome? They actually rate relatively low on the combined wishlists - maybe because a lot of people think they are too big so didn't bother naming them?

17 - Symphony X
    51 - Stratovarius
    82 - Saltatio Mortis
    83 - Sodom
    94 - Skalmold
    105 - Saxon
    106 - Skeletonwitch
    118 - Satyricon
    119 - Savatage
    128 - Serenity
    129 - Slayer

well this one should be a newbie (by logic) - Slayer may be a little pricey (seeing as they are headlining HellFest in 2019) ... Savatage sounds like a good canidate for wish list bands ... but I'm thinking off the grid ....... and if Slayer is on I would think beach Party announcement final slot :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm

sara wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 pm Pretty sure we're not getting Slayer, and I'm kinda glad. I can't imagine the mad dash for cabins that would ensue, and I think even the largest venues on the ship would get packed with just about everyone on the ship. Can you imagine 3k people crowding the top decks? Lmao!
    The trick is to program a second heavy-hitter at the same time.
    If SLAYER played at the same time as BLOND GUARDIAN, I don't think anybody would care about the other band (NAPALM DEATH made that comment in 2015).
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:59 pm

When Slayer played the Motorboat, Tom and Kerry weren't feeling the boat thing and flew home in Nassau. I don't think they'd do another one but maybe because... $$$
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Wouldn't even need a heavy hitter.

Slayer if it happened - both shows in the theatre (ala Blind Guardian, 2011), schedule a couple of weenie power/symphonic bands in the Ice Rink and Lounge.

Would easily be able to accommodate the crowd I reckon.

Still I don't want it to happen though :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Attention GOLD Survivors!

by Andy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Attention GOLD Survivors! We have begun to send out your early booking eMails. Please allow up to 24 hours for our system to send them. If you have not yet received the eMail with your GOLD SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking after 24 hours please check your spam folder. If you cannot find it then please contact us. You can use your GOLD SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking until Public Sales start.

Booking for GOLD Survivors (3 or more previous sailings) will start Wednesday, September 5, 2018, at 12PM EDT (9AM PDT, 18:00 CEST and respectively 17:00 GMT+1).

Booking for SILVER Survivors (1 or 2 previous sailings) will start Friday, September 14, 2018, at 12PM EDT (9AM PDT, 18:00 CEST and respectively 17:00 GMT+1).

If you are a SILVER Survivor, you will receive your early booking eMail with your SURVIVOR NUMBER before Friday, September 14, 2018.

If you are new to 70000TONS OF METAL, you need to wait for Public Sales!

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Attention GOLD Survivors!

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 pm

No change to the Gold/Silver system.

They better spin up some extra compute for when the sales open!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Andy wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 pm Attention GOLD Survivors! We have begun to send out your early booking eMails. Please allow up to 24 hours for our system to send them. If you have not yet received the eMail with your GOLD SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking after 24 hours please check your spam folder. If you cannot find it then please contact us. You can use your GOLD SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking until Public Sales start.

Booking for GOLD Survivors (3 or more previous sailings) will start Wednesday, September 5, 2018, at 12PM EDT (9AM PDT, 18:00 CEST and respectively 17:00 GMT+1).

Booking for SILVER Survivors (1 or 2 previous sailings) will start Friday, September 14, 2018, at 12PM EDT (9AM PDT, 18:00 CEST and respectively 17:00 GMT+1).

If you are a SILVER Survivor, you will receive your early booking eMail with your SURVIVOR NUMBER before Friday, September 14, 2018.

If you are new to 70000TONS OF METAL, you need to wait for Public Sales!

thank you Platnium Survivors ... you get screwed again :bitch: :stagger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Got our booking codes. Hopefully the server can handle all the requests this time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:05 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 pm Would Slayer be that welcome? They actually rate relatively low on the combined wishlists - maybe because a lot of people think they are too big so didn't bother naming them?

17 - Symphony X
    51 - Stratovarius
    82 - Saltatio Mortis
    83 - Sodom
    94 - Skalmold
    105 - Saxon
    106 - Skeletonwitch
    118 - Satyricon
    119 - Savatage
    128 - Serenity
    129 - Slayer

I think Slayer appears that low in the whislist, because they are too big, people dont even mention them. Just like Metallica, Ozzy or Iron Maiden.

Pretty sure 97% of the cruise would love to see Slayer
    For The Horde!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:40 am

Prices are posted, with new cabin categories. They seem up by 10% compared to last year, no?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:41 am

ANTIKRISS wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:05 am Pretty sure 97% of the cruise would love to see Slayer
    Nope. Guaranteed. Nope.

I wouldn't mind them, and I'd probably catch a set. But I can tell you for sure they are not THAT popular.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:54 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:02 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:57 pm For the 'S' band, I'm guessing SUFFOCATION with the last ever shows with their retiring singer Frank, along with the new singer.
    I think that sounds more likely than Slayer or Savatage.
    I mean the suspense is litterally killing you when you’re suffocating, and the first sentence is just introduction to the punch line.
    It might even be unintentional trolling, contrary to my first reaction.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Drop Dead

by Amalu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:11 am

Pellaz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 am Enough time for a beer, then. Let’s do the forum meet’n’greet in a bar this time, like in previous years.

Hold that thought. Sounds like a plan.
    I like the idea a lot. If I manage to do the almost impossible and get a room during public sales, then I hope you would welcome me as a newbie to this meet and greet. Would like to meet you guys in person!

Concerning the line-up. So far my wife and I are really happy with the announced bands. Really looking forward to what is still coming and getting more and more excited about the cruise!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:59 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:41 am
    ANTIKRISS wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:05 am Pretty sure 97% of the cruise would love to see Slayer
    Nope. Guaranteed. Nope.

I wouldn't mind them, and I'd probably catch a set. But I can tell you for sure they are not THAT popular.
    I'm one of the 3% who couldn't care less about Slayer.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:07 am

Godflesh wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm If SLAYER played at the same time as BLOND GUARDIAN, I don't think anybody would care about the other band (NAPALM DEATH made that comment in 2015).
    Actually I would prefer Blind Guardian any time over Slayer.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:07 am

doomguy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:59 am
    Nope. Guaranteed. Nope.

Same here, never liked their music and can't stand their "look at how brutal we are!!" crowd either.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:36 am

Seems like they've changed the naming of the cabin categories. Last year we were in an "Ocean View G Quad" and now I'm not sure if that's the equivalent for an Ocean View 3N or 1N. The descriptions are identical and so is the size, but the former is more expensive. Anyone know why?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:00 am

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:07 am
    Godflesh wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm If SLAYER played at the same time as BLOND GUARDIAN, I don't think anybody would care about the other band (NAPALM DEATH made that comment in 2015).
    Actually I would prefer Blind Guardian any time over Slayer.
    That’s what I meant - each audience wouldn’t care about the other band playing at the same time, therefore optimizing the stages, and making everybody happy.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:02 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:36 am Seems like they've changed the naming of the cabin categories. Last year we were in an "Ocean View G Quad" and now I'm not sure if that's the equivalent for an Ocean View 3N or 1N. The descriptions are identical and so is the size, but the former is more expensive. Anyone know why?
    Location, location, location.
    Based on a quick look, it looks like the cabins between the two elevator/stair sections are more expensive than the ones either forward or aft.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:04 am

Lots of changes. Seems the redesign of the ship lead to a re-working of the cabin categories. And yeah, proximity to elevators (or at the front of the ship so a "better" view) seems to mean more expensive even for a cabin that is in all others ways the same.

Hard to compare prices due to all the categories changing, but here are the prices for 2018.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170715191 ... rivate.php

That $USD44 increase per person in the taxes, charges, etc in hard to argue with though :(

And I too am another of that "3 percent" that would rather eat pizza than attend a Slayer gig.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:04 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:36 am Seems like they've changed the naming of the cabin categories. Last year we were in an "Ocean View G Quad" and now I'm not sure if that's the equivalent for an Ocean View 3N or 1N. The descriptions are identical and so is the size, but the former is more expensive. Anyone know why?
    Check the RCI website about sofa beds, it looks like some of the new designations are based on 0/1/2 extra sofa bed space.
    No sense in paying for a sofa bed you’re not going to use, unless of course that’s all that’s left. More money for them, I supppose.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:38 am

Mark wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:07 am
    doomguy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:59 am
    Nope. Guaranteed. Nope.

can't stand their "look at how brutal we are!!" crowd either.
    Exactly that. So sick of hearing "Slaaaaayeeeerrr" at every gig I go to. Not so much in the UK, but in NZ it's common even to hear "Play some fucking Slayer!!!" at gigs of international bands. Ugh.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:29 am

Between Slayer and Blind Guardian, I would take a nap because I can't eat the pizza on broad.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am

Of course 70k is doing the booking at the same time that we'll be broading a plane :bitch: If you ever want to know when booking will start just ask when we're leaving town lol.

So some of the standard interior cabins are the same price as larger rooms with a balcony... Wtf RC :?
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:46 am

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:29 am Between Slayer and Blind Guardian, I would take a nap because I can't eat the pizza on broad.
    Royal Caribbean says on their ship info page that gluten-free pizza is available upon request. You ask them and enjoy some world famous Sorrento's pizza yourself. :lol:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 am

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:46 am
    Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:29 am Between Slayer and Blind Guardian, I would take a nap because I can't eat the pizza on broad.
    Royal Caribbean says on their ship info page that gluten-free pizza is available upon request. You ask them and enjoy some world famous Sorrento's pizza yourself. :lol:
    Unless they can also make their pizza without onion and garlic, I still couldn't eat it.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:01 am

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 am
    Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:46 am
    Unless they can also make their pizza without onion and garlic, I still couldn't eat it.
    Sounds doable. Seems like something quite a few people would request, my wife included.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am

Zero chance that Slayer would ever do the boat ,is 70k sells out without them ,why in the World would they spend the money to book them.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 pm No change to the Gold/Silver system.

For a WordPress site? Hahaha. Haha. Ha. OMG. You're too funny. One can only hope lots of people are needing to hold off for whatever reason. This does actually feel like very little heads-up. I'm gonna have to park it in one of the "phone booths" at work and completely shut down Slack.

I think we're in for lots of crashes again.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:51 pm

sara wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 pm No change to the Gold/Silver system.

For a WordPress site? Hahaha. Haha. Ha. OMG. You're too funny. One can only hope lots of people are needing to hold off for whatever reason. This does actually feel like very little heads-up. I'm gonna have to park it in one of the "phone booths" at work and completely shut down Slack.

I think we're in for lots of crashes again.
    The booking pages is on a separate domain, book70000tons.com, this year, so maybe they have done something to avoid the site kneeling.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Hey, I have two groups of 4 booking and we want adjoined rooms. I assume I just put the room number we want in the "special request" section?
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Well, I'm set up to book with three friends. I'm going more to see people I haven't in a long time than I am for bands this time around, and I'm looking forward to having a good time on broad.

But, UMC, don't think this means all is forgiven.

I'm a little tired of being given short notice, or no notice, no information, and then (most assuredly) greeted with overloaded servers all because you know you're going to sell out every year. These announcements (which have started to fall away again) have NOT been worth the wait. No one is shitting their pants. Fuck, how many of these bands have I seen playing in the last two years in my city, and we don't even get that many shows?

I'm going to give more newbies a chance and calling 2019 my last year for a while (though I may still visit Miami to hang out beforehand). I truly hope the cruise only gets better, but that means their customer service gets better too.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:14 pm Well, I'm set up to book with three friends. I'm going more to see people I haven't in a long time than I am for bands this time around, and I'm looking forward to having a good time on broad.

I'm a little tired of being given short notice, or no notice, no information, and then (most assuredly) greeted with overloaded servers all because you know you're going to sell out every year. These announcements (which have started to fall away again) have NOT been worth the wait. No one is shitting their pants. Fuck, how many of these bands have I seen playing in the last two years in my city, and we don't even get that many shows?

I'm going to give more newbies a chance and calling 2019 my last year for a while (though I may still visit Miami to hang out beforehand). I truly hope the cruise only gets better, but that means their customer service gets better too.
    And a +1 from me for all of the above. (well okay, most of the above - eg I'm not set up to book with three friends).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:09 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am Zero chance that Slayer would ever do the boat ,is 70k sells out without them ,why in the World would they spend the money to book them.
    For the same reason I think Andy started 70000 Tons. Because it was a dream, and he thinks it would be a great thing to do.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Slayer is sacred, period. They're just old and way past their prime without Hanneman and Lombardo. If they get announced, awesome! If they don't, then that's allright, too.

I cannot wait to become Gold survivor next year. I hate seeing all of these so-called Platinums getting all the cheaper cabins :lol:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:36 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:22 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:14 pm Well, I'm set up to book with three friends. I'm going more to see people I haven't in a long time than I am for bands this time around, and I'm looking forward to having a good time on broad.

And a +1 from me for all of the above. (well okay, most of the above - eg I'm not set up to book with three friends).
    Your last year for a while too, Dallas?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:38 pm

LOL - I'll never say never again :P

Probably will end up going in 2020 but it will depend on many factors - like the vibe on the boat in 2019 and what "special" things Andy has in store for the 10th cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Drop Dead

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:11 am
    Pellaz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 am Enough time for a beer, then. Let’s do the forum meet’n’greet in a bar this time, like in previous years.

Hold that thought. Sounds like a plan.
    I like the idea a lot. If I manage to do the almost impossible and get a room during public sales, then I hope you would welcome me as a newbie to this meet and greet. Would like to meet you guys in person!
    Of course you'd be welcome. Anyone on the Forum is welcome, and it's not like we're strict with that either.
    Concerning the line-up. So far my wife and I are really happy with the announced bands. Really looking forward to what is still coming and getting more and more excited about the cruise!
    I'm good with it. I'm not shitting myself but there are some solid bands in there.

Booking will be a web-server nightmare, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 2038 posts