Re: In The Beginning There Was Death

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:18 am

FINALLY I CAN ADD SOME FUCKING GREEN TO MY SIGNATURE. YYEESS
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:38 am

Awwwww yes! Are they great live, guys? I assume yes.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:53 am

AstridDragon wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:38 am Awwwww yes! Are they great live, guys? I assume yes.
    I spent most of their sets in 2017 standing in awe of Andy's guitar, so I'm not a good person to ask :P

The hope is that they play their big hits this time. Though watching them play Reclaim the Sun while the sun set was something else.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:58 am

I liked them in 2017, and I don't even like MDM.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:02 am

I love MDM but aren't impressed by these guys. Sway me
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 am

OMG
    :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:42 am

AstridDragon wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:38 am Awwwww yes! Are they great live, guys? I assume yes.
    Saw them twice in September, they totally killed it. I did see them on the boat in 2017, but I didn't know that as much as I do now.

"We are the Sleep" :shred:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am

Not sure WTF a "Bodyfarm" is, but MPE is awesome. I had to miss their recent show here so this is especially sweet...and they're a band that I first saw on 70K. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:02 pm

alex_canada wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:02 am I love MDM but aren't impressed by these guys. Sway me
    If you didn't like what you heard off Dawn of the 5th Era, you probably won't like them and that's fair. But I think Dawn of the 5th Era is their best album, in particular We Are the Sleep, I Am War, Innocence Lost, or God Has Fallen.

It's been brought up that, since they take inspiration from a lot of genres, people who are really only into pure MDM have a hard time with them. Lot of thrash inspired riffing going on.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am Not sure WTF a "Bodyfarm" is, but MPE is awesome. I had to miss their recent show here so this is especially sweet...and they're a band that I first saw on 70K. :headbanger:
    A body farm is a place to study the decay process of human bodies in order to advance forensic science. People donate their corpses which get buried at different depths and soils and are subjected to different simulated weather conditions. The bouquet of odors wafts pleasantly across the nostrils.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:50 pm

MPE - They didn't blow me away last time, but I'll check them out again.

"S" is a letter with potential!

Saltatio Mortis, Satyricon (I know I know...), Schandmaul, Skiltron, Snowy Shaw, Stam1na, Stratovarius, SuidAdrA, Solstafir, Skalmold...

Stam1na's new album kicks ass! Book 'em, Andy!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Congratulations to Phoenix, I know she enjoys MPE.

ANDY GILLION! (Not Andy our skipper) PLEASE PLAY WE ARE THE SLEEP, GODDAMNIT!!

I only wish for Shining (Norway)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Would have preferred Magnum (obviously!) but I enjoyed watching MPE with Phoenix last year so look forward to doing the same next year :)

S? Not too much to wish for here. Sleeping Romance would be great, would enjoy a return from Skalmold too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Shade Empire would be a 2-setter for me.
    Btw booked after MPE announcement, i will be there :headbanger:
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Only TWO categories of private cabins left (still a few options in the single ticket classes for male and female), and one of those two has been marked sold out at least once before already, so could only be a handful of cabins left now.

EDIT: Make that three. 2V Doubles just opened up again, but obviously as they were sold out before there can only be 1 or 2 of those available too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Mandatory Sulphur Aeon request for the letter "S"

Didn't someone mention they were told during the Paradise Lost tour that Solstafir will be onbroad?

acidbasement wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:50 pm "S" is a letter with potential!

Saltatio Mortis, Satyricon (I know I know...), Schandmaul, Skiltron, Snowy Shaw, Stam1na, Stratovarius, SuidAdrA, Solstafir, Skalmold...
    Yes, S does have a lot of potential. I would add the following: Sacred Reich, Saor, Sarke, Schammasch, Scorpion Child, Secrets Of The Moon, Shape Of Despair, Skeletonwitch, Skepticism, Skyclad, Skyforger, Sleep, Slough Feg, Solstafir, Suffering Hour, Suicidal Angels, Sulphur Aeon, Summoning, Svart Crown & Sylosis
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Given my heart's strongest desires have already been booked (or ruled out), Solstafir would be a sweet add.

I'd catch a Saltatio Mortis set again on the boat, but they weren't as exciting as I hoped they would be in 2017.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:57 pm

The Mors Principium Est video blog from 70k 2017 was hilarious, and is well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0RSSWa_swo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eXo-szinsA

(My wife and I got a chance to chat with Andy briefly about Kitty Glitter at the show in Dallas last week, so obviously we're excited to see this add. Maybe the fact that I was wearing a Mors Principium Est shirt today contributed?).

Shade Empire would be incredible, but I have a feeling it's going to be Solstafir based on the above and Paradise Lost add.

And not to complain, but there seems to be a very strong trend this year of bands touring the US/Canada in the fall that are also being booked for the boat. It feels like at least 10 bands, maybe more, out of the lineup have been on tour through North America in the last few through the next few months.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Head spinning from the cabin shuffling going on :P This just from the last 2 hours or so:

Only two categories left are 2B Doubles (30) and J3 Quads (56).

EDIT: Three now, 2V double just opened up again.

EDIT EDIT: 2V double gone again, 3B quad opened up again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: 6 categories available now - 3B quad gone again. 2V double BACK again. GS back again
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Listening again to MPE. Okay, I like them.

The lineup is really fucking good, on the whole. I would love to get one "time to wash the underwear" band though. Stam1na, Terasbetoni, Brothers of Metal, Manegarm, Powerwolf, Mono Inc... C'mon Andy!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:44 pm

I never smile at work, but when I saw the app announcement I was like FUCKYA!
    :)
    Love the vidblogs Andy did on the ship -- funny stuff.!
    I like this repeat band, well not a repeat for me as I wasn't on the 2017 cruise.

S?? Started to hear Suicidal Angels on Spotify -digging it--Hi Brian!!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Striker and SkullFist.

DUH.

:pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:09 am

Suffocations vary final show with Frank??
    We all know he loves the Cruise!!!
    :stagger:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:49 am

Masterbas wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:42 am
    Saw them twice in September, they totally killed it. I did see them on the boat in 2017, but I didn't know that as much as I do now.

"We are the Sleep" :shred:
    Excelleeeent.

I have that song stuck in my head just from reading that :D
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:01 pm Would have preferred Magnum (obviously!) but I enjoyed watching MPE with Phoenix last year so look forward to doing the same next year :)

S? Not too much to wish for here. Sleeping Romance would be great, would enjoy a return from Skalmold too.
    What about ShadowQuest? Thought you'd be all over them.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:21 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am Not sure WTF a "Bodyfarm" is, but MPE is awesome. I had to miss their recent show here so this is especially sweet...and they're a band that I first saw on 70K. :headbanger:
    A body farm is a place to study the decay process of human bodies in order to advance forensic science. People donate their corpses which get buried at different depths and soils and are subjected to different simulated weather conditions. The bouquet of odors wafts pleasantly across the nostrils.
    Actually I knew that already-- I recently saw a TV show about visiting one.
    Nifty, but ummm... Not In MY Backyard, please. :lol:

I was referring to my complete ignorance regarding the band. Some people have said they weren't bad (kinda a consensus opinion), so I'll check 'em out.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:44 am

Bodyfarm is billed as death metal but it sounds more like thrash metal. They’re on my list this cruise.
    zerkz
    Oiler

by zerkz » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:55 pm

acidbasement wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:50 pm MPE - They didn't blow me away last time, but I'll check them out again.

"S" is a letter with potential!

Stam1na's new album kicks ass! Book 'em, Andy!
    I'd love to see Suidakra. Their new album is suppose to be acoustic only, but i wouldn't mind seeing a set of that + a metal set!
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:11 pm

acidbasement wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:50 pm "S" is a letter with potential!

My money is to:
    1- Skálmöld
    2- Schandmaul
    3- Solstafir
    4- Svartby
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:54 pm

NO PRIVATE CABINS LEFT!

Only Categories left are in the single ticket category, and even those only one type left for Male (2V Double) and one type left for Female (4V Double).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:56 pm

JEYROW, in answer to your question, here is a comparison of where we have been at previously with 94 days to sailing:

Year Number of bands announced
    2011 - 32 / 42
    2012 - 27 / 42
    2013 - 20 / 41
    2014 - 14 / 41
    2015 - 30 / 60
    2016 - 40 / 60
    2017 - 37 / 60
    2018 - 39 / 60
    2019 - 37 / 60

So as you can see, the last 4 years have been pretty similar give or take a couple of bands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:56 pm JEYROW, in answer to your question, here is a comparison of where we have been at previously with 94 days to sailing:

Year Number of bands announced
    2011 - 32 / 42
    2012 - 27 / 42
    2013 - 20 / 41
    2014 - 14 / 41
    2015 - 30 / 60
    2016 - 40 / 60
    2017 - 37 / 60
    2018 - 39 / 60
    2019 - 37 / 60

So as you can see, the last 4 years have been pretty similar give or take a couple of bands.
    Thanks Bro!! You're the best!!!
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:54 pm NO PRIVATE CABINS LEFT!

Only Categories left are in the single ticket category, and even those only one type left for Male (2V Double) and one type left for Female (4V Double).
    ALL "WAITING LIST!" NOW! Even those singles are gone.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pmALL "WAITING LIST!" NOW! Even those singles are gone.
    Awesome! All we need are the remaining 23 band announcements :deathmetal:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

You Get What You Deserve!

by Andy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:09 am

German Thrash legends SODOM will join you and 2,999 metalheads from across the globe onbroad as we sail from sunny Miami / Ft Lauderdale, FL, all the way to our beautiful Caribbean dream destination Labadee!

Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL will embark on an epic voyage beginning on January 31st, 2019 and we will return you to the real world on February 4th. Make sure you secure your spot onbroad The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Visit our website to sign up for our Waiting List to have a chance to experience the festival of a lifetime with 60 bands, 120+ live performances, and much much more.

Will we "S"ail with us on board next year?

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: You Get What You Deserve!

by Jotunheimr » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:04 am

Fuck yeah, beyond my wildest dreams! Thanks so much! :beerbang:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 am

Will try to catch an MPE set, zero interest in Sodom. Hoping for SuidAkrA next :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 am

TOO MUCH THRASH!

Next!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:05 am

Shade Empire, Skyfire or Satyricon for my tastes.

BTW what's the story behind Satyricon don't wanna come to the cruise again?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:37 am

Ethrivas wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:05 am Shade Empire, Skyfire or Satyricon for my tastes.

BTW what's the story behind Satyricon don't wanna come to the cruise again?
    Satyr did not appreciate the cruise at all for some reason.

Allegedly (as I wasn't at the gig) he declared on stage at one of their two sets that they would NEVER return.

Someone that was actually at the show might have more details.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 2038 posts