Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Caribbean Shores

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Speaking of too much to ask for, I imagine Holter won't be it!

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:50 pm One song into In Vain and I'm really liking it. May end up being a two-setter even....
    They're very good. I've converted many friends since the announcement :P

If you haven't yet, listen to Blood We Shed or Times of Yore Pt II. I think you'll enjoy the four part harmony :)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: Forget Me Not

by Razor Ramon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:40 pm
    Gratch wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 pm So...are body slams and ladder hits a "yay!" or a "boo!"

I don't really speak wrestling.
    Razor Ramon is posting his opinion. Razor Ramon gets hit in face with ladder by evil wrestler (bad announcement). Razor Ramon excitedly throws evil wrestler (bad announcement) out of the ring.
    I didn't think this would be hard to figure out but Razor getting beaten is bad, Razor getting the upper hand good.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 pm

GRIM REAPER

NILE

GOD DETHRONED

IN VAIN
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
  • Iconix
    Crewman

Re: Forget Me Not

by Iconix » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:30 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:40 pm
    Gratch wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 pm So...are body slams and ladder hits a "yay!" or a "boo!"

I don't really speak wrestling.
    Razor Ramon is posting his opinion. Razor Ramon gets hit in face with ladder by evil wrestler (bad announcement). Razor Ramon excitedly throws evil wrestler (bad announcement) out of the ring.
    I didn't think this would be hard to figure out but Razor getting beaten is bad, Razor getting the upper hand good.
    Called it
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Hell yeah!!!!

And next comes the lovely letter H. I have so many H bands on my menu.
    Hypocrisy, Harakiri for the Sky, Hate, Hyperion, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:32 pm

We still didn’t get the 2nd “headliner”.
    Silver sales open on Friday.
    No correlation.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:11 am

Pumpkins United or Heavatar please :wank: :wank: :wank:
    Highland Glory, Heidevolk, Hammerfall, Haggard or Heldmaschine would also be great :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:12 am

Razor Ramon wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 pm GRIM REAPER

NILE

GOD DETHRONED

IN VAIN
    Razor Ramon, Glenn Harveston (promoter for ProgPower USA) specifically told me to tell you that he loves your Razor posts. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:39 am

Speedy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:11 am Pumpkins United or Heavatar please
    And while we are having Heavatar on board we could add Van Canto as well :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:54 am

Amalu wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:39 am
    Speedy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:11 am Pumpkins United or Heavatar please
    And while we are having Heavatar on board we could add Van Canto as well :lol:
    Been asking to get them on for YEARS. Apparently they got offered a few years ago but they couldn't get the time off from their real lives to do it :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:25 am

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:24 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:50 pm One song into In Vain and I'm really liking it. May end up being a two-setter even....
    They're very good. I've converted many friends since the announcement :P

If you haven't yet, listen to Blood We Shed or Times of Yore Pt II. I think you'll enjoy the four part harmony :)
    I stumbled upon In Vain about 2 months ago in a random Spotify playlist, been liking them since the first moment I heard them so I'm very happy about this as well :). Then I realized I forgot to let my wife know about that band a few months back when she asked me: "Who are these guys?" yesterday... damn I suck hahahaha.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am

Godflesh wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:32 pm We still didn’t get the 2nd “headliner”.
    No correlation.
    Accept and Soulfly/Roots are both headliners, no?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 am

acidbasement wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am
    Godflesh wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:32 pm We still didn’t get the 2nd “headliner”.
    No correlation.
    Soulfly is the closest we have so far, but I’m not sure they would be a headliner. They weren’t in 2015, and neither was Sepultura. It would also be odd to have a headliner playing only 1 set, as in Soulfly only playing 1 night. Would the Roots set also get 75 minutes? Are they playing 3 sets? Who knows.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:35 am

Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:12 amRazor Ramon, Glenn Harveston (promoter for ProgPower USA) specifically told me to tell you that he loves your Razor posts. :lol:
    Haha, that’s great!

Harakiri For The Sky is the H I need most. Heaven Shall Burn or Hallatar would be cool too.
    70000 Tons 2019
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 am

Downvod wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 am
    No correlation.
    Soulfly is the closest we have so far, but I’m not sure they would be a headliner. They weren’t in 2015, and neither was Sepultura. It would also be odd to have a headliner playing only 1 set, as in Soulfly only playing 1 night. Would the Roots set also get 75 minutes? Are they playing 3 sets? Who knows.
    Accept is definitely a headliner.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 am

^ agreed, if for no other reason than the first band announced is always a headliner.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:45 am

SavaRon wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 am
    Downvod wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 am

Accept is definitely a headliner.
    Sorry, to clarify, I meant the closest we will have to a second headliner. I know Accept is a given.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:54 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:54 amBeen asking to get them on for YEARS. Apparently they got offered a few years ago but they couldn't get the time off from their real lives to do it :(
    They are quite impressive. Although I have only seen them once live so far. They are in Switzerland next month tough, so at least I get to seem then.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:35 am
    Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:12 amRazor Ramon, Glenn Harveston (promoter for ProgPower USA) specifically told me to tell you that he loves your Razor posts. :lol:
    Haha, that’s great!

Harakiri For The Sky is the H I need most. Heaven Shall Burn or Hallatar would be cool too.
    Tomi is touring with Amorphis, so I think that would rule out Hallatar.

I'd love to see Haggard again, although I imagine that was a really expensive band to book, with as many members as they brought. Would also dig Hideous Divinity or Hoth (Star Wars-themed death metal, ftw)
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Oh, duh, didn’t even think of that..
    70000 Tons 2019
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Man, after having a flood of announcements, 24 hours without one seems like an eternity :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Attention SILVER Survivors!

by Andy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Attention SILVER Survivors! We have begun to send out your early booking eMails. Please allow up to 24 hours for our system to send them. If you have not yet received the eMail with your SILVER SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking after 24 hours please check your spam folder. If you cannot find it then please contact us. You can use your SILVER SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking until Public Sales start.

Booking for SILVER Survivors (1 or 2 previous sailings) will start Friday, September 14, 2018, at 12PM EDT (9AM PDT, 18:00 CEST and respectively 17:00 GMT+1).

If you are a GOLD Survivor you can still use your GOLD SURVIVOR NUMBER for early booking until Public Sales start.

If you are new to 70000TONS OF METAL, you need to wait for Public Sales!

jdch28
    Crewman

Re: Attention SILVER Survivors!

by jdch28 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Got it! Yay! :3drunks:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 pm

jdch28 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm Got it! Yay! :3drunks:
    Same!

Woooo!!!
    praey
    Oiler

by praey » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 pm

With regard to the headliner talk - it would seem to me The Black Dahlia Murder are big enough to be a headliner (they've headlined Summer Slaughter a couple times) though I get they're probably a little removed from 70K's typical fare. Other than them and Soulfly, Ensiferum are the only other one I can think of with headlining potential, though they may be a bit of a stretch.
    Survivor 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:40 pm Man, after having a flood of announcements, 24 hours without one seems like an eternity :P
    They could make an announcement every four days and we'd be full up until sailing. I got what I wanted most, so I can just sit back and wait...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:09 am

praey wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 pm With regard to the headliner talk - it would seem to me The Black Dahlia Murder are big enough to be a headliner (they've headlined Summer Slaughter a couple times) though I get they're probably a little removed from 70K's typical fare. Other than them and Soulfly, Ensiferum are the only other one I can think of with headlining potential, though they may be a bit of a stretch.
    Ahhh the headliner debate. Always controversial :D

I think you are right that, from a general standpoint, TBDM would be headliner potential. In certain places and for certain crowds. But not for 70K I don't think.

From a numbers perspective, from a Last.fm listeners standpoint Accept and Soulfly are well out in front (although, how do you count Soulfly's numbers? Should they be a mix of Sepultura's and Soulfly's numbers??)

Looking at the top 4 bands currently from a Last.fm listeners perspective and a Facebook Likes perspective:

Last.fm Listeners
    620,200 Soulfly
    494,000 Accept
    394,600 Ensiferum
    340,000 Eluveitie

Facebook Likes
    1.1mil The Black Dahlia Murder
    890,095 Soulfly
    823,012 Eluveitie
    819,905 Accept

Soulfly and Accept feature in both and I think that just confirms what most of us are thinking.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:55 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:09 am
    praey wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 pm With regard to the headliner talk - it would seem to me The Black Dahlia Murder are big enough to be a headliner (they've headlined Summer Slaughter a couple times) though I get they're probably a little removed from 70K's typical fare. Other than them and Soulfly, Ensiferum are the only other one I can think of with headlining potential, though they may be a bit of a stretch.
    Ahhh the headliner debate. Always controversial :D

I think you are right that, from a general standpoint, TBDM would be headliner potential. In certain places and for certain crowds. But not for 70K I don't think.

From a numbers perspective, from a Last.fm listeners standpoint Accept and Soulfly are well out in front (although, how do you count Soulfly's numbers? Should they be a mix of Sepultura's and Soulfly's numbers??)

Looking at the top 4 bands currently from a Last.fm listeners perspective and a Facebook Likes perspective:

Last.fm Listeners
    620,200 Soulfly
    494,000 Accept
    394,600 Ensiferum
    340,000 Eluveitie

Facebook Likes
    1.1mil The Black Dahlia Murder
    890,095 Soulfly
    823,012 Eluveitie
    819,905 Accept

Soulfly and Accept feature in both and I think that just confirms what most of us are thinking.
    Didn’t Unearth get a headline length set one year? They aren’t a typical 70K band either.

JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am

I will be attending Shadow Woods Metal Fest when silver sales open. I will only have access to the booking through my cell phone. Has anyone had difficulties using their phone to book? Im kind of worried about reception, the weather (big storm coming through the fest) as well as the servers crashing and my phone not being able to handle it.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 am

Agreed, we've definitely already had the second "headliner" announced and it's probably either Soulfly or TBDM.

Ensiferum is a bit of a stretch but I know it would probably make a lot of cruisers happy. Eluveitie is very popular with the boat crowd as welll...it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibilities for them to be "headliner" material for 70K.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 am

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am I will be attending Shadow Woods Metal Fest when silver sales open. I will only have access to the booking through my cell phone. Has anyone had difficulties using their phone to book? Im kind of worried about reception, the weather (big storm coming through the fest) as well as the servers crashing and my phone not being able to handle it.
    I booked with my phone two years ago, and it worked fine, but the booking system has changed since then, so I can't promise anything.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 am

Speedy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 am
    JoAnnamayhem wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am I will be attending Shadow Woods Metal Fest when silver sales open. I will only have access to the booking through my cell phone. Has anyone had difficulties using their phone to book? Im kind of worried about reception, the weather (big storm coming through the fest) as well as the servers crashing and my phone not being able to handle it.
    I booked with my phone two years ago, and it worked fine, but the booking system has changed since then, so I can't promise anything.
    I also booked for Silver sales on my phone 2 years ago, for the 2017 cruise.

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Black Sails Over The Caribbean Sea

by Andy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am

Raise your drinking horns and celebrate the arrival of HEIDEVOLK onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! You're going to be sorry if you're not joining in on the raucous good fun alongside our Dutch Pagan Metal compatriots...

Don't fret, you still have "T"ime to join 2,999 of your metal compatriots as we sail through the beautiful Caribbean!

JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

Re: Black Sails Over The Caribbean Sea

by JoAnnamayhem » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:43 am

Woot! very nice addition! Lets go with Tyr or Turisas next!
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:43 am

Andy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am Raise your drinking horns and celebrate the arrival of HEIDEVOLK onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!
    This was unexpected. Well I guess the next band isn't Trollfest then.

In that case, give me Trivium. Not because I like them, but because then Matt Heafy can play Soul Adventurer with In Vain.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 am

In that case, give me Trivium. Not because I like them, but because then Matt Heafy can play Soul Adventurer with In Vain.
    Ill second that for the same exact reason. I'm sure one of my cabin mates would love to see Trivium though.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:49 am

Woooooooow, great announcement

Next band: tengger cavalry

We need some mongolian-chinese folk on board
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 am

Heidevolk - cool! I haven't seen them since they went through a nearly 100% lineup change a few years ago. I liked them then - don't know what to expect now.

How about Teräsbetoni next??? Please? :givebeer:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 am

The Contortionist would make me very happy.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
Post Reply 2038 posts