Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Heroes Of Might And Magic

by DragonLordJones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 pm

my guess would be Demons and Wizards - Jon has hinted to a big announcement for D & W … this could be it.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:55 pm

DragonLordJones wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 pm my guess would be Demons and Wizards - Jon has hinted to a big announcement for D & W … this could be it.
    Demons and Wizards would be THE bucket list band for me that would make me go "Yep. Done. I'm good. Let the rest of the announcements be blackened-deathly-doomly-cookie-monsterly-thrash for all I care."
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:55 pm
    DragonLordJones wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 pm my guess would be Demons and Wizards - Jon has hinted to a big announcement for D & W … this could be it.
    Demons and Wizards would be THE bucket list band for me that would make me go "Yep. Done. I'm good. Let the rest of the announcements be blackened-deathly-doomly-cookie-monsterly-thrash for all I care."
    You forgot the sulfuric acid gargling...
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 am

Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 pm
    You forgot the sulfuric acid gargling...
    D & W announced first US show at ProgPower next year. That was the big announcement.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 am

Maybe “D” is Dethclok. Not Brendon Small, but the real Dethclok up on the screen.
  • FelipeS
    Oiler

by FelipeS » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:36 am

mbob wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 am

D & W announced first US show at ProgPower next year. That was the big announcement.
    This automatically rules them out for 70K, since they announce it will be their first ever US show, and its in September/2019.

Does this affect a potential Iced Earth/Blind Guardian slot at 70K?
    2019 Wishlist
    ASG | Batushka | Be'lakor | Black Moth | Candlemass | Deafheaven | Dool | Harakiri for the Sky | Havok | Helloween | Iced Earth | Pentagram | Powerwolf | Primordial | Red Fang | Sanctuary | Tenacious D | Terminus | Thrawsunblat | Vektor
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 am

FelipeS wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:36 am
    mbob wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 am

This automatically rules them out for 70K, since they announce it will be their first ever US show, and its in September/2019.
    I don't think this rules them out. 70K occurs in international waters...so technically they would not be in the US when they play on the boat.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 am

As we've been repeatedly proving (though I forget the details), PPUSA "US exclusives" don't stop bands from being booked on 70k. In fact, it almost makes them more likely. So those hoping for D&W, Borknagar, Galneryus, may in fact be possible.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:22 am

Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 am As we've been repeatedly proving (though I forget the details), PPUSA "US exclusives" don't stop bands from being booked on 70k. In fact, it almost makes them more likely. So those hoping for D&W, Borknagar, Galneryus, may in fact be possible.
    Correct. Vomitory was announced in June as an exclusive US show by Maryland Deathfest for 2019. They were then announced for the cruise at the end of August.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 am

D&W's first show that they have booked currently is at the end of May 2019. They're putting out a new album sometime in 2019, probably before that show. I kinda doubt if they'll be wanting/ready to perform in January/February, but hey, a girl can dream.

I would guess that they might be onbroad in 2020 - more likely than 2019 anyway. I hope I'm wrong.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:32 am

Deal. :P
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Andy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 pm Magic and adventure await you, Sailors! The mighty heroes of the TWILIGHT FORCE will embark on the journey of a lifetime onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

What a "D"readful fate it would be if you were not amongst the few, the chosen, the courageous who brave the seas...

more than 24 hours without announcements, come on Andy!!!
    :party:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Yeah, 24 whole hours! Slacker! :twisted:

Twilight Force is absolute, complete cheese...but I like them because "they get the joke" and don't take themselves too seriously.
    Also: they have a Ninja Elf! :lol: (And he really IS a ninja; he won their equivalent of American Ninja Warrior.)

As for "D".... Devy would make me VERY happy (but admittedly it's unlikely).
    I'd really like to see Dimmu Borgir since it's been a while since I've seen them, and we're due for a "darker" band.
    Demons & Wizards is certainly a possibility...and it's the kind of announcement that would kick-start sales as Silver bookings come in and public sales loom on the horizon.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm

If we were looking for a D to kick-start Silver sales, then Dimmu Burger or Demons & Wizards would certainly fit the bill.

But as mentioned elsewhere, maybe they don't necessarily WANT to kick start silver sales - therefore incurring less discounts therefore recouping some of their losses from the cabin price error debacle :P

Plenty of Ds I'd be happy with though - Dragonland, Dragony, Dragonforce, Demons & Wizards, Dalriada, Dark Moor, Dark Sarah, Diabulus in Musica.....

Disturbed....

:D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 pm

jeyrow wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:49 pm more than 24 hours without announcements, come on Andy!!!
    :party:
    It sure was nice a month when we weren't expecting daily announcements. Now our expectations are so high, that we're easily disappointed :lol:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

by Andy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 am

Will you be one of only 3,000 metalheads attending this DARK FUNERAL under the starlit sky? This ceremony will be held with 60 world class heavy metal bands next January onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

There's an air of anxiousness around... we sense that there may be an "U"prising in the near future!

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 am

That should make a few people happy :D I've only ever liked two black metal bands so I'm probably not one of them.

U? Is it finally time for UTA to get on the boat?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:13 am

I've just listened to a few tracks of them and find them surprisingly pleasant. I might catch a set of them although I'm not to much of a black metal guy myself.
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:14 am

Andy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 am Will you be one of only 3,000 metalheads attending this DARK FUNERAL under the starlit sky? This ceremony will be held with 60 world class heavy metal bands next January onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

There's an air of anxiousness around... we sense that there may be an "U"prising in the near future!

That's not how you spell Dimmu Borgir. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 am

Andy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 am Will you be one of only 3,000 metalheads attending this DARK FUNERAL under the starlit sky? This ceremony will be held with 60 world class heavy metal bands next January onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

"U" for Uli Jon Roth? Hope so...he killed it last time he was onbroad!!!
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:22 am

Phoenix wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 am That should make a few people happy :D I've only ever liked two black metal bands so I'm probably not one of them.

U? Is it finally time for UTA to get on the boat?
    I'm not huge on Black metal as well, but Dark Funeral surprised me live, they give an amazing performance.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 am

Unleash the Archers :shred:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:57 am

Unanimated would be nice :deathmetal:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:02 am

jeyrow wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 am Unleash the Archers :shred:
    Imma stop you at Unleash and add an "ed" on there. Actually, I like both bands, so whatever.

I have a bunch of U bands I like, but most of them aren't really what I'd expect on the boat. I'm talking about UADA, Usnea, Ufommamut and Unsane.

I won't quote the whole convo up above, but common sense points to Devy being honest about not being able to do the cruise this year. I would be very pleasantly surprised if he does get announced.

And yes, please bring on the Sulfaric Gargling. I enjoyed that poster's butt-hurt immensely. Are we sure they weren't a troll? :P
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am

I would have preferred a different black metal band with Dark in the name (Dark Fortress), but I haven't seen Dark Funeral in a while & I'll probably catch a set.

As for the U, I am hoping for Uada, Uli Jon Roth, UTA, Unleashed, Ulcerate, Unanimated or Ufomammut.

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am

I saw Dark Funeral open for Septic Flesh a few months back. They totally stole the show. My wife, who is not a huge black metal fan, loved them.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 am

Missed Dark Funeral last time they played so this is a good opportunity to finally catch them. Not a big fan but at least there's some okay black metal on broad.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:12 am

Request in! Took 9 minutes, a number of refreshes, but I have my booking request email :)
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am

After 10mins of server timeouts, got my request email! :heavydrink:

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • Radashar
    Oiler

by Radashar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 am

Same. A little bummed I had to go higher to get a 2slot suite to bring my boat virgin brother this year instead of the cheapy single ticket for a 4man solo, but I've been trying to get him to commit for a while.

Oh well, that's why I live on cheap food and never spend money :lol:
    2017 - 2292
    2018 - 2250
    2019 - 2562
    2020 - deck 2 somewhere!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am

I hope this is the last time I book as silver survivor. This is getting expensive af but anyway .... got my booking request email
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am

Excellent,this is all likelihood rules out Marduk,save them for 10th Anniversary if they are on the cruise,that and Therion most likely ruled out means I am back to not missing much this year.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:04 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am I hope this is the last time I book as silver survivor. This is getting expensive af but anyway .... got my booking request email
    There goes the boat!
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Would love Unleash the Archers, but as Uli Jon Roth said he would be on broad in 2019 lets just get that announcement over with and move on shall we? :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Got my booking confirmation!

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:52 pm

jdch28 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:25 pm Got my booking confirmation!
    Same.

WOOOOO!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:32 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm Would love Unleash the Archers, but as Uli Jon Roth said he would be on broad in 2019 lets just get that announcement over with and move on shall we? :)
    Pretty much what I was thinking re Uli, ...although Unleash the Archers or just Unleashed would be fine with me.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Dark Funeral is the first band announced so far that I'll regret missing. I want that number to stay low since I know I'm not going next year.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm Would love Unleash the Archers, but as Uli Jon Roth said he would be on broad in 2019 lets just get that announcement over with and move on shall we? :)
    “There's an air of anxiousness around... we sense that there may be an "U"prising in the near future!”
    Oh yeah that’s definitely a clue for Uli, this guy is a bundle of nerves :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:49 pm

:beerhorns: excellent announcement
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
Post Reply 2038 posts