Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    SavaRon
    Crewman

Re: The God With One Hand

by SavaRon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:30 pm

I really find it hard to believe they are still booking bands. Not many bands can pick up and be ready to play that fast. Think about it, how much time have each of us planned for this thing?

If that's how they are running things I am even more worried about giving them my money up front. Not a good business model IMO.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 pm

slayergeek wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:41 pm
    PotatoPotahto wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:19 pm
    SavaRon wrote: The bands have to be booked many months in advance.
    Actually a good portion of bands don't know they're doing the cruise until we do.

Diamond Head in 2016 for example were contacted about a week before the cruise.
    Same thing with Ghoul a couple of years ago
    I believe that’s accurate. I spoke to the bassist from Ghoul at a Chicago gig and he said they were definitely contacted a day or two before their announcement.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Yeah I've spoken with a number of bands that were announced late in the piece down through the years and every one has had the same story. Not "yeah we got told about this months ago!", but rather "yeah we only got told a few days ago".

Also heard more than one case of "yeah we got asked, but couldn't do it due to the short notice" down the years as well.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:17 pm Also heard more than one case of "yeah we got asked, but couldn't do it due to the short notice" down the years as well.
    I've heard this many times. Once it was from a band that is playing this year.

...so we're here, 9 bands left and I'm heading to Miami in 4 days. So. Fucking. Lame.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 am

Cowboy71, could you please re-post the recent history for the last 9 days before departure?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 am

REVISED

Full breakdown of bands to announce with 9 days to go from previous sailings:
    2018 we had another 8 from this point (unchanged from previous post)
    2017 we only had 2 to go (unchanged from previous post)
    2016 we had 15 (unchanged from previous post)
    2015 we had 17 to go
    2014 we had 6 to go
    2013 we had 7 (unchanged from previous post)
    2012 we had 5 to go
    2011 we knew the entire lineup!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 am REVISED

Full breakdown of bands to announce with 9 days to go from previous sailings:
    2018 we had another 8 from this point (unchanged from previous post)
    2017 we only had 2 to go (unchanged from previous post)
    2016 we had 15 (unchanged from previous post)
    2015 we had 17 to go
    2014 we had 6 to go
    2013 we had 7 (unchanged from previous post)
    2012 we had 5 to go
    Thank you, expert witness.
    I would like to call to the attention of the jury that Sub-Lieutenant bodomdragon, to the own admittance of his signature, has already lived through the cruises of 2015 and 2016, which were much worse in terms of the situation he decries.
    I rest my case.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 am

Godflesh wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 am I would like to call to the attention of the jury that Sub-Lieutenant bodomdragon, to the own admittance of his signature, has already lived through the cruises of 2015 and 2016, which were much worse in terms of the situation he decries.
    I rest my case.
    Indeed.
    But having a worse preceding situation doesn't make this one more acceptable or tolerable.
    :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 am
    Indeed.
    But having a worse preceding situation doesn't make this one more acceptable or tolerable.
    :D
    THIS! :cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 am

Alright.
    Accused Andreas Piller, aka “Andy”, a jury of your peers has declared you guilty of willful withholding of information.
    Consequently, you are here and now condemned to the immediate release of announcements, all of them having been ruled to have been unlawfully withdrawn from the public.
    And so it has been said, and so it shall be done.
    Last edited by Godflesh on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 am Just an example of how other festivals do:
    Scandinavia Deathfest released full line-up and tickets some 9 months before the event.

The 1000+ tickets then sold out in less than a week.
    That's how pretty much every festival does it. I remember 2015 and as much fun as we had, the lack of announcements was the main reason we didn't book 2016. I don't understand why they do it this way. They actually lose negotiation power when they have to get bands at the last minute. The whole thing is bizarre.

Not trying to bash the whole thing, because on the ship everything is great (except the shirt line), but this has been an ongoing issue since the beginning and its not getting better.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:14 am

SavaRon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 am
    gnoff_the_creep wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 am Just an example of how other festivals do:
    Scandinavia Deathfest released full line-up and tickets some 9 months before the event.

The 1000+ tickets then sold out in less than a week.
    That's how pretty much every festival does it. I remember 2015 and as much fun as we had, the lack of announcements was the main reason we didn't book 2016. I don't understand why they do it this way. They actually lose negotiation power when they have to get bands at the last minute. The whole thing is bizarre.

Not trying to bash the whole thing, because on the ship everything is great (except the shirt line), but this has been an ongoing issue since the beginning and its not getting better.
    My guess is that Andy doesn’t pay most bands, and he waits until the end to either scoop bands willing to desperately play for free, or draw from his emergency coffers to secure good last minute bands.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:34 am

SavaRon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 am ...they actually lose negotiation power when they have to get bands at the last minute. The whole thing is bizarre.
    Just on that point.

UNEARTH in 2014 were a, by not just my opinion but the opinion of many many others, bizarre choice of band to get a 'headline' set of 75 minutes.

The only logical reason I can think of for that, was because they were booked at the last minute and it was a carrot dangled at them to get them on.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 am

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 am I've heard this many times. Once it was from a band that is playing this year.

...so we're here, 9 bands left and I'm heading to Miami in 4 days. So. Fucking. Lame.
    Where's everyone from when I complained earlier this year, telling you that it doesn't matter because Andy always delivers and the cruise is great and perfect?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 am

I would hazard a guess that this year would be exponentially harder to get last minute bands on board, given the potential travel hiccups in the US (due to the shutdown). Especially for bands coming from overseas.

Bands that might have typically jumped at the chance might not be willing (or even able) to do a quick turn-around trip to the US.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:44 am

Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 am
    bodomdragon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 am I've heard this many times. Once it was from a band that is playing this year.

Where's everyone from when I complained earlier this year, telling you that it doesn't matter because Andy always delivers and the cruise is great and perfect?
    Here I am!
    But seriously, I could use a fucking announcement today, even though I know the boat is going to be great.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 am

Probably off packing their bags, I imagine :P

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 am

Downvod wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 am
    Probably off packing their bags, I imagine :P
    I mean, I'm there with them :lol:

For the last time before I take a break, anyway. Japan isn't going to see itself...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:02 am

It's always the same story every year. Bitching and complaining and then OMFG that boat was awesome :lol:

It's called restlessness, people! We're almost there
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am

Approved vacations !!! in 1 week I'm there

COME ON ANDY!!!! :bitch:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:47 am

I dunno guys - 51 bands means slightly less overlap which means I can probably catch more sets!

Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 am

C'mon Andy. We're waiting.

4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:05 am

Andy plz give 🅱️ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:16 am

jeyrow wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am Approved vacations !!! in 1 week I'm there

You are telling me you just now secured vacation time for your trip next week? That’s living on the edge, man.

jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Downvod wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:16 am
    jeyrow wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am Approved vacations !!! in 1 week I'm there

You are telling me you just now secured vacation time for your trip next week? That’s living on the edge, man.
    I already had the holidays planned, I just had not admitted them.
    Also, I like to annoy my Boss
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:28 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:19 pm
    SavaRon wrote: The bands have to be booked many months in advance.
    Actually a good portion of bands don't know they're doing the cruise until we do.

Diamond Head in 2016 for example were contacted about a week before the cruise.
    Yep. Wintersun was booked the Sunday before sailing in 2015, and were famously announced during the beach party the night before embark.

Helstar was booked and announced within three days of sailing back in 2017 (I think).

I'm not making excuses for Andy here; there is NO reason whatsoever that these tiresome little details like, oh, say, booking bands couldn't be done well in advance.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • stevep52
    Oiler

by stevep52 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Not sure on the delay on announcing the next band. That one should have been booked prior to the last announcement.

It would be kind of limiting if he had to try to find a band to sign on that started with the letter 'B'.

For the most part, yes the line-up will be good to great. Question is, could it be even better if the bends were all booked well in advance. What have, or will, we miss due to dragging it out.

I can imagine the disappointment if, for example, Borknagar or Blood Red Throne were asked, but declined due to late notice.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

stevep52 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:40 pm It would be kind of limiting if he had to try to find a band to sign on that started with the letter 'B'.
    We're quite sure this exact situation has happened before.

Before 70k 2017 (or 2018) Borknagar were printed and spoiled early in MetalHammer's ad for 70k, right when we got the next hint of a "B". Whatever happened, that announcement never came, and actually started the two months of silence we're so used to every year.

When that broke, it was Benediction (again, IIRC), that was announced, not Borknagar. Common speculation here is that it took Andy a while to find a "B" band to replace Borknagar because he had already spoiled the B clue :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • FelipeS
    Oiler

by FelipeS » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Just an example but last year EXODUS was announced a day before boarding and they even had a special boat tshirt on merch, meaning they obviously had time to plan ahead and knew about it way before they got announced.
    2019 Wishlist
    ASG | Batushka | Be'lakor | Black Moth | Candlemass | Deafheaven | Dool | Harakiri for the Sky | Havok | Helloween | Iced Earth | Pentagram | Powerwolf | Primordial | Red Fang | Sanctuary | Tenacious D | Terminus | Thrawsunblat | Vektor
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Alright Statsman; 1 week before cruise, what's the Bands Remaining average on that one?
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    demoniov
    Wiper

by demoniov » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:28 pm

The anticipation levels are over 9000!!!
    Since we've gone this far, why not announce it on the cruise? :death: :stagger:
    BE'LAKOR | Steel Panther | Haken | Gojira | Sepultura | Sodom | Spiritbox | Electric Wizard | Bloodmoon | Mercyful Fate | Hangman's Chair | Mayhem | Alcest | Moonsorrow
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm

ONE WEEK TO GO

2018 we had another 6 from this point
    2017 we only had 2 to go
    2016 we had 10
    2015 we had 16 to go
    2014 we had 5 to go
    2013 we had 7
    2012 we had 5 to go

So we are currently ranking 3rd worst in regards to most bands left to announce with a week to go (equal 2rd if we actually get 61 bands have 10 to go).

2015 we got 9 in the last 4 days, 2016 it was 9 in the last 5. So fairly recent history indicates that once we've reached this point we might not see any announcements until the weekend.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:51 pm

All I want is the Running Order before 5pm Mountain on the 29th. So I could maybe print the schedule before I leave? Maybe? Please?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:14 pm

We should be getting room configuration emails soon right?
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:51 pm All I want is the Running Order before 5pm Mountain on the 29th. So I could maybe print the schedule before I leave? Maybe? Please?
    The sooner the better. I want to enjoy the pre-party and the soon it's release the sooner I can do my data entry and get back to it :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm ONE WEEK TO GO

2018 we had another 6 from this point
    2017 we only had 2 to go
    2016 we had 10
    2015 we had 16 to go
    2014 we had 5 to go
    2013 we had 7
    2012 we had 5 to go

So we are currently ranking 3rd worst in regards to most bands left to announce with a week to go (equal 2rd if we actually get 61 bands have 10 to go).

2015 we got 9 in the last 4 days, 2016 it was 9 in the last 5. So fairly recent history indicates that once we've reached this point we might not see any announcements until the weekend.
    The same topic that we talked about earlier, many outstanding bands and people already traveling.
    Completely inconsiderate
    :bitch:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Just the thought of being Andy right now, with 9 spots open and potentially no clue who's going to fill them gives me anxiety. I'm surprised that guy doesn't break out in hives every January with all this last minute shit.

The cruise has been fantastic every single year and he has never failed to book the number he said he would (and sometimes one or two extra) but any last minute emergency cancellation that necessitated sailing with under 60 bands would be a severe hit to his credibility. I get the idea that waiting on announcements is part of the "fun" but I can't believe he's really flying by the seat of his pants with no plan!

Then again maybe he does have his shit together and we just don't know what we're talking about.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Going a week without an announcement at this point is pretty ridiculous. I hope what's coming is something real and not just some lazy ass whatever was easiest booking...
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • blasthead
    Wiper

by blasthead » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Steve110 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm Just the thought of being Andy right now, with 9 spots open and potentially no clue who's going to fill them gives me anxiety.
    All the bands are confirmed months in advance especially with the amount of paperwork required for bands to perform, flights etc... No one is booking bands for this right now or looking for bands, we are just not privy to the final info, they do this to draw out excitement and build anticipation.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Wintersun was booked a week before in 2015.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
Post Reply 2038 posts