Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Re: 2019 Survivor Feedback Survey

by Donutsauce » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:17 am

They stick 60 metal bands on a ship.
    I'll never even get over the fact that this thing even exists.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:27 am

Heya

I wasn't on this last cruise in any way shape or form, but, I wanna ask, has the lines for the band merch improved this time around?
    My last sailing adventure was the 2015 cruise and the lines were already long at 7am!

Maybe, official 70000 tons shirts/merch should be included in our tickets, or a select/option....like, you select this type of ticket, for the cabin and a 70k official package that awaits you in your cabin upon arrival.
    Select your shirt size etc.

The Inferno Festival made this happen in 2017. As each year, I'm sure.

What say you sailors?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:01 am

Gratch wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 pm Yay, I can finally complain about how utterly awful the square pizza was this year!
    That square pizza at Sorrento's was fucking horrible. Was like eating a slab of half burnt cardboard. Gave it a few tries but could never even get through one slice. Eventually I just started moving on when I saw a square pizza being served.....but it seemed by day 2 that's all they were serving there.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 am

Sorrento's pizza like a half burnt cupboard! haha

I wonder though, is that out of 70k's control?
    Royal Caribbean might need to do something about that. Maybe.
    I reckon ya gotta be utterly tanked to enjoy one of their pizzas!
    Replace them with Pizza Pizza!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:50 am

Oh dear....'cupboard' ? Geez!
    I meant 'cardboard' or as the Skipper would say 'cardbroad'.
    Shit I'm not funny at all! haha

Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:51 am

Cardest wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:27 am Heya

I wasn't on this last cruise in any way shape or form, but, I wanna ask, has the lines for the band merch improved this time around?
    My last sailing adventure was the 2015 cruise and the lines were already long at 7am!

Maybe, official 70000 tons shirts/merch should be included in our tickets, or a select/option....like, you select this type of ticket, for the cabin and a 70k official package that awaits you in your cabin upon arrival.

What say you sailors?
    http://70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6444
    My exact thoughts...
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 am

For this year and last year, the only 'issue' I made a comment about was regarding the booking tiers, or rather the seeming lack thereof at this point. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, but it's frustrating not being able to get the room one requested, let alone the deck, because some 3-time survivor was able to submit their info 0.0235 milliseconds faster than me.

What's the sound of beating a dead horse?
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Cardest wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:27 am Heya
    I thought the process was somewhat better this year. Those who wanted to invest the time to wait in line for a number got first pick of the merch, and they deserved it. I got #610 and missed out on a few things I'd have liked, but that's fine because I didn't wait on line.
    The critical thing is that I hope no-one got completely discouraged by the process and simply took their wallets, purses and money elsewhere. That's bad for the bands who brought merch who miss out on potential sales and it was a BIG problem last year.
    This year, with the range of numbers on the screen (say, "Now serving 500-599") instead of just clicking up with single numbers, I think was a lot better.
    I personally think the screens should have said, say, "Now serving 1-599" instead, to make SURE no-one and their merch-money felt left out, but Robin M., who is in charge of merch, disagrees.
    What say you sailors?
    This CANNOT be done because it would require Royal Caribbean to assume the responsibility -- and the liability -- for lost or stolen shirts, plus the room stewards are already overworked.
    Also, all merch sales MUST be processed through Royal Caribbean's point-of-sale systems so that the cruise line gets their venue "cut," just as venues on land collect a cut from merch sales at shows.

Believe me, this has all been discussed at great length on the "70,000 Tons of Merch Complaints" Facebook Group. I think the merch folks do a great job, especially considering what they're not allowed to do.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:02 pm

One area where the merch stuffed up initially this year was the numbering system and the 'preview area'.

There was confusion as to whether the line was processed by number of ticket, or order.

That is to say.

You were first in line, and got #1. You went to the preview area to peruse the merch.

Meanwhile persons #2 through #10 didn't preview. They knew what they wanted and went straight to 'the start'.

Initially the security person was asking for "ticket 1! ticket 1!" etc but was eventually told to just go by the order of the queue.

So I think that system is fine, if everyone is clear how it works. 100 people at a time, if you want to peruse the merch, do so with the understanding that you have to re-join the queue where it ends when you are ready to order.

This helps save time because in those initial stages mentioned above it was VERY frustrating to stand with number 40 (or whatever I had), within a few people of the head of the queue but have to wait and wait and wait while the guy was going "number 12. Number 12. WHERE IS 12?.....*waits* ok number 13. Number 13. NUMBER 13?? Oh there you are, come on through..." etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:44 am

Malaka wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:36 am This numbered system seems to me like a bunch of horseshit. Granted, I have not been on the cruise since this system was implemented...
    The only reasonable suggestion is now that the 70K team is growing, why not have multiple merch points?... Have your 70K t-shirts at every merch point, but designate band merch all over the place.

Just my 2 cents since I won't be getting a survey this year. I hope to be back next year and the merch is first come, first served like it used to be.
    Sorry, but you haven't seen the system in action so you don't know what you're talking about. It's still first come first served. This year, the usual overnight crowd stayed up overnight and got their merch. I got a number as soon as I got up, and when my number was called I went to the booth. I was in line for like 40 minutes, got what I wanted, got out. Boom. Easy. It's the best I've ever seen it. Yeah maybe you miss a band you liked, but you were going to anyway under the old system. Every thing you said about "too bad you missed it" is still true.

There ARE multiple merch points for the festival merch. They take far less time and are perfect for people who just want a festival shirt. But making multiple points for ALL the band's merch? That's WAY WORSE for metalheads. I like ALL KINDS OF METAL, as do most of the friends I know who buy merch. You want them to spend the entire cruise in multiple lines?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:02 am

I’m not going to mess with any merchandise until they clean out the shops selling stuff nobody wants like purses and perfume and replace it with the cruise and band merchandise. I’ve never seen a process work so hard to NOT take my money as the merchandise sales process.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 am

I was happy when I found out Night Demon was still selling 70K themed shirts online. I ordered one of them
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 pm

In restrospect, this year’s experience has been subpar for me, compared to the 4 previous years:
    - the sound sucked in many places (too loud in many cases - I don’t wear earplugs -, too weak on the pool deck stage, except for OBITUARY, where the sound was excellent). I had to move closer to hear NAPALM DEATH, whereas in 2015 they tore the pool deck apart (different boat, though). I had few issues in previous years.
    - the lineup was weak for my tastes
    - the 40mn delay on the pool deck messed up my schedule, and made me go to bed early (3am, before NEO), disgusted by so many sound checks
    - the schedule was bad for me anyway, too many conflicts or inconvenient hours (I missed many bands I wanted to see)
    - I like death metal, but way too many bands of that style made me jaded, I would stop by a band and leave after 5mn, because I just had enough of DM, and it sounded all the same at that point. In previous years, bands like BENIGHTED or DYING FETUS were a feast for me.
    - the drink prices went through the roof, I almost doubled my bar tab compared with previous years
    - the lack of specialty beers in large bottle (Chimay, Fin du Monde...) is not new, but makes me regret the previous years even more, given the exorbitant prices for mediocre beer.

Again, this is comparing with previous years. I’ve given some of this feedback in the poll.

Looking at 2020, I can’t take vacation days that early in the year, unless I forego vacation days this year.
    That means WAITING FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS before taking vacation, and we all now how this ends.
    This year’s delayed announcements already cost me 25000 expired miles.

So yeah, it would take a lot for me to book again.
    I know, we all said that some point, it’s like a rite of passage!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 pm

BTW, I had the same experience as with OBITUARY on the pool deck with SEPULTURA, where the sound coming from Andreas’ guitar was filling the whole deck, it was fantastic. I guess this happens when bands bring their own sound engineer.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Godflesh wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 pm - the sound sucked in many places (too loud in many cases - I don’t wear earplugs -, too weak on the pool deck stage, except for OBITUARY, where the sound was excellent). I had to move closer to hear NAPALM DEATH, whereas in 2015 they tore the pool deck apart
    Napalm Death pool deck in 2015 was the loudest set I've heard on 70K, it felt like my head was going to come apart.

Bloodbath pool deck volume was way too low and Mors Principium Est pool deck was low and none of the speakers along the front of the stage were even on..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:31 am

Andy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:25 pmI hope you had a great time and enjoyed your stay onbroard.
    Did anybody catch this at all? Andy changed the word now to ONBROARD :lol:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:17 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:31 am
    Andy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:25 pmI hope you had a great time and enjoyed your stay onbroard.
    Did anybody catch this at all? Andy changed the word now to ONBROARD :lol:
    He's done that pretty frequently. I can't remember the last time he spelled it "onboard," come to think of it.
    It's a little acknowledgement of the Forum's continuing existence in a Facebook-infested world. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:17 pmHe's done that pretty frequently. I can't remember the last time he spelled it "onboard," come to think of it. It's a little acknowledgement of the Forum's continuing existence in a Facebook-infested world. :lol:
    I saw onbroad, but never onbroard before
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:26 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:19 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:17 pmHe's done that pretty frequently. I can't remember the last time he spelled it "onboard," come to think of it. It's a little acknowledgement of the Forum's continuing existence in a Facebook-infested world. :lol:
    Oh, lol, good catch. Either Andy is giving us a New Word...or he just mistyped an already misspelled word. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:54 am

All of these responses are interesting to read.

I didn't go to Cozumel last time, but I remember reading some negative reports in the forum back in 2011 regarding the shore activities and shopping/sight seeing/local vendors etc.
    I wonder how it'll be this time.

Just trying to think back to the cruise we all got to choose our destination....was Cozumel in that list of choices?
    If so, how much did it get the votes %??
    Interesting...
    Gracias

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Cardest wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:54 am All of these responses are interesting to read.

I didn't go to Cozumel last time, but I remember reading some negative reports in the forum back in 2011 regarding the shore activities and shopping/sight seeing/local vendors etc.
    I wonder how it'll be this time.
    Cozumel is a bit like a much larger version of Grand Turk, but without the convenience of a beach Right There at the port.
    There is a much bigger vendors' and shopping area by the port. They are a bit more "pushy" than the ones at Grand Turk but nowhere near as bad as the "straw market" at Labadee (or God help you, Nassau). There are also more choices so some prices would reflect that competition.

There are many more excursion opportunities in Coz because it's a much bigger island than Grand Turk, and we'd also have the option of going to the Mexican mainland for some excursions -- like the ruins at Tulum, etc. (Book anything like that through Royal Caribbean, though.)

I was there in October 2017, and I liked it. I'd rather be going to CocoCay (new dock and facilities) or Grand Turk, but Coz is one of the better cruise destinations. But we will NOT have the place to ourselves like we did at Grand Turk.
    2025 Wishlist:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:00 am

nekrobarr wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 am For this year and last year, the only 'issue' I made a comment about was regarding the booking tiers, or rather the seeming lack thereof at this point. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, but it's frustrating not being able to get the room one requested, let alone the deck, because some 3-time survivor was able to submit their info 0.0235 milliseconds faster than me.

What's the sound of beating a dead horse?
    I guess, you'll be safe for next year at least - but I won't be relaxed until I'll get my booking done
    cegr80 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:19 pm
    it was "onbroad" for years - the additional R might just have been a typo
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:03 am

Pellaz wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:13 pmCozumel is a bit like a much larger version of Grand Turk, but without the convenience of a beach Right There at the port.
    There is a much bigger vendors' and shopping area by the port. They are a bit more "pushy" than the ones at Grand Turk but nowhere near as bad as the "straw market" at Labadee (or God help you, Nassau). There are also more choices so some prices would reflect that competition.

There are many more excursion opportunities in Coz because it's a much bigger island than Grand Turk, and we'd also have the option of going to the Mexican mainland for some excursions -- like the ruins at Tulum, etc. (Book anything like that through Royal Caribbean, though.)

I was there in October 2017, and I liked it. I'd rather be going to CocoCay (new dock and facilities) or Grand Turk, but Coz is one of the better cruise destinations. But we will NOT have the place to ourselves like we did at Grand Turk.
    I'm actually excited to go to Cozumel. This year I wasn't so thrilled since we went to Labadee in 2017. The locals looked quite unhappy and they closed all the bars pretty early. They were also removing the beach tumblers too soon. I understand Haiti is going through hard times, probably the reason why they did not seem too glad to see us
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 pm

Godflesh wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 pm Looking at 2020, I can’t take vacation days that early in the year, unless I forego vacation days this year.
    That means WAITING FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS before taking vacation, and we all now how this ends.
    This year’s delayed announcements already cost me 25000 expired miles.

So yeah, it would take a lot for me to book again.
    I know, we all said that some point, it’s like a rite of passage!
    Now I have to schedule an expensive trip to France in May 2020, making #RoundX even more unlikely for me.
    It still feels like I’m trying to delay the inevitable, though.
    The struggle is real :cry:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:34 am

I think I submitted my survey twice. I got this weird ad at the end of the first survey, thought it didn't go through then did it a second time. Another silly ad showed up :roll:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 am

This thread turned back into a pumpkin (non-sticky).
    Last year, this happened on April 12th.

Also last year the Artists page was cleared on July 31st, this year on February 16th.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 am This thread turned back into a pumpkin (non-sticky).
    Last year, this happened on April 12th.

Also last year the Artists page was cleared on July 31st, this year on February 16th.
    A journey of a thousand sea-miles begins with a single step. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:39 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 pm - the sound sucked in many places (too loud in many cases - I don’t wear earplugs -, too weak on the pool deck stage, except for OBITUARY, where the sound was excellent). I had to move closer to hear NAPALM DEATH, whereas in 2015 they tore the pool deck apart
    Napalm Death pool deck in 2015 was the loudest set I've heard on 70K, it felt like my head was going to come apart.

Bloodbath pool deck volume was way too low and Mors Principium Est pool deck was low and none of the speakers along the front of the stage were even on..
    ACCEPT played without any amplifiers on stage in the theater, and they sounded OK (better than on the weak pool deck stage).
    It was an eerie (perhaps even unheard of?) experience to see such a naked stage, but they probably figured out what was going on - “We don’t need our amps, because we have Justin Bieber’s sound engineer on the console, drowning everybody with decibels”.

ACCEPT was the best band on the boat for me, real pros, that’s when you can see those 40 years of experience mattering.

It felt like having AC/DC onbroard (and yeah, they sounded like them sometimes), you know they’re going to sound good, no matter what.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:39 pm
    Razor Ramon wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm

ACCEPT played without any amplifiers on stage in the theater, and they sounded OK (better than on the weak pool deck stage).
    It was an eerie (perhaps even unheard of?) experience to see such a naked stage, but they probably figured out what was going on - “We don’t need our amps, because we have Justin Bieber’s sound engineer on the console, drowning everybody with decibels”.

ACCEPT was the best band on the boat for me, real pros, that’s when you can see those 40 years of experience mattering.

It felt like having AC/DC onbroard (and yeah, they sounded like them sometimes), you know they’re going to sound good, no matter what.
    The pool deck has actual speakers along the front of the stage, not talking about monitors or amps. The other stages don't have these.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:18 pm

70K website has been further updated with the 2020 dates on the homepage, and destination information about Cozumel.

Have already decided that I want to do that 'deep sea submarine' tour :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:18 pm 70K website has been further updated with the 2020 dates on the homepage, and destination information about Cozumel.

I want to do it all! I'm so excited about Cozumel I need to plan ahead my activities. What is that deep sea submarine tour? Can't find any information about it. Most definitely will do some snorkeling, hell I'm even considering some diving
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:55 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:18 pm 70K website has been further updated with the 2020 dates on the homepage, and destination information about Cozumel.

I want to do it all! I'm so excited about Cozumel I need to plan ahead my activities. What is that deep sea submarine tour? Can't find any information about it. Most definitely will do some snorkeling, hell I'm even considering some diving
    This one:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attracti ... nsula.html

Reviews well on Trip Advisor. The few 'terrible' reviews are hilarious - one was from someone not even on it (a diver that alleges he almost got run into by the sub!).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:41 am

Megathread? LOL

Really need to change the name of this thread to anything but MEGATHREAD. MegaCruise and MegaDave Mustaine own MegaAnything at this point. https://megacruise.com/

Dave should take notes from Gene Simmons and put a patent on the word "MEGA".
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Screw MegaCruise! There is only ONE true heavy metal cruise and we know which one it is :deathmetal:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm Screw MegaCruise! There is only ONE true heavy metal cruise and we know which one it is :deathmetal:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:40 pm

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:13 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm Screw MegaCruise! There is only ONE true heavy metal cruise and we know which one it is :deathmetal:
    We need Razor thumbs down response...
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 am

Oh for fudge's sake *facepalm*
Post Reply 2038 posts