Post Reply 92 posts
2019 Set Length Speculation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 2019 Set Length Speculation

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 am
    Ethrivas wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 am At any other fest you may be right, they are quite underrated. However, for 70k i think they deserve to get more time. The cruise crowd likes them as one can see from their high rank at wishlists.
    You say that like NeO is getting more than 45 minutes. And they're CONSISTENTLY one of the most requested bands on the forum.
    I'd give NeO one 45-minute set, and one 60-min.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Twilight Force is much bigger now than they were in 2016. Later that year, they released their second album and the Flight of the Sapphire Dragon video got great views for a newer band. I wouldn't be surprised if they got bumped up to 60-minute sets.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 pm

DarkMacek wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm Twilight Force is much bigger now than they were in 2016. Later that year, they released their second album and the Flight of the Sapphire Dragon video got great views for a newer band. I wouldn't be surprised if they got bumped up to 60-minute sets.
    Also since 2016 they were booked and performed at ProgPower USA, so yes, they have a higher profile now.
    On 70K, they got screwed out of their large-venue set due to the storm and had to perform both of their sets in the Sphincter-- err, the Pyramid Lounge, so I'd like to see them get some amends for that.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm

FYI, FLESHGOD and MORS are still missing from the first post.
    Both got 45mn in past years.

BTW, RAGE has 2/3 the number of listeners that e.g. ELIVEITIE or TBDM have, so I don’t see them as 75ers.
    Door open for one unannounced band?
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Godflesh wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm FYI, FLESHGOD and MORS are still missing from the first post.

BTW, RAGE has 2/3 the number of listeners that e.g. ELIVEITIE or TBDM have, so I don’t see them as 75ers.
    I went back and found the original announcement for Rage + LMO in the megathread for the year they were onboard with LMO the first time. Evidently it was a world premiere of that particular combined act - so that's probably why it was a 75 minute set.

Still not seeing evidence that there are any 75 min bands other than Accept so far.
    Last edited by Fulorian on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Fulorian wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm FYI, FLESHGOD and MORS are still missing from the first post.

I went back and found the original announcement for Rage + LMO in the megathread for the year they were onboard with LMO the first time. Evidently it was a world premiere of that particular combined act - so that's probably why it's a headliner.

Still not seeing evidence that there are any 75 min bands other than Accept so far.
    I’ve been thinking the same thing. ELUVEITIE has more Spotify listeners than SOULFLY, but less with Last.Fm.
    I don’t think we have a band of ACCEPT’s caliber yet.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 am

Godflesh wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 pm
    Fulorian wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm

I went back and found the original announcement for Rage + LMO in the megathread for the year they were onboard with LMO the first time. Evidently it was a world premiere of that particular combined act - so that's probably why it's a headliner.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. ELUVEITIE has more Spotify listeners than SOULFLY, but less with Last.Fm.
    I don’t think we have a band of ACCEPT’s caliber yet.
    POLL: who thinks we still have a 75 minuter left to announce, and who thinks we don’t?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 am POLL: who thinks we still have a 75 minuter left to announce, and who thinks we don’t?
    I think we don't have another to announce. Maybe we get 1 more 60 minute band but I'm expecting Crippers and other 45ers.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm firmly in the "no we wont get another big name" camp.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:33 am

I've got a feeling we've got one more 60 or 75 minute band left.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 am

Oops how the hell did I miss those two. Thanks for catching that.

I agree with the Rage sentiment. There's over a dozen bands IMO that would be more deserving of "headliner" status than them. I have a feeling it's going to be TBDM that end up getting 75 minutes.

All in all this is looking like a pretty weak year for "headliners" but thankfully the rest of the lineup has been pretty excellent so far. I'm already going to have problems seeing everything I want to see and I'm sure there will be at least another half dozen bands announced in the coming weeks that are going to make my onbroad show schedule even tougher.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:05 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 am I have a feeling it's going to be TBDM that end up getting 75 minutes.
    Their last *5* albums were in the top 50 of the Billboard 200 in the US, easily topping SOULFLY, and Wikipedia says the following, so you’re probably right:
    Out of the eight studio albums they have released to date, the last seven have charted on the U.S. Billboard 200, with their fifth album Ritual peaking at No. 31 in 2011, marking them as one of the most popular contemporary American extreme metal bands
    Your honor, based on this new evidence, I suggest that you officially switch them with RAGE.

Personally, I don’t like their music at all.
    Last edited by Godflesh on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:14 pm

BTW, I read an interview with Tom from SODOM where he said that sometimes in festivals they only get 45mn and he was adamant that SODOM needs more, perhaps that’s why they get 60 and DESTRUCTION only gets 45 - I have a feeling that Schmier is not onbroad mainly for his shows :smash:
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Godflesh wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:05 pm
    Hoppy McGee wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 am I have a feeling it's going to be TBDM that end up getting 75 minutes.
    Their last *5* albums were in the top 50 of the Billboard 200 in the US, easily topping SOULFLY, and Wikipedia says the following, so you’re probably right:
    Out of the eight studio albums they have released to date, the last seven have charted on the U.S. Billboard 200, with their fifth album Ritual peaking at No. 31 in 2011, marking them as one of the most popular contemporary American extreme metal bands
    Your honor, based on this new evidence, I suggest that you officially switch them with RAGE.

Personally, I don’t like their music at all.
    I mean, if we're going by Billboard 200, I'm sure *insert pop garbage here* would easily be a headliner. But would anyone on the boat care?

TBDM ties with Stuck Mojo and Dead Cross on my 'who gives a fuck?' list. How about we give Limp Bizkit or Panic at the Disco a shot while we're at it?
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:11 pm

That’s an interesting debate.
    Like I said, I don’t care for TBDM personally, I’m just hoping for a band better than them or RAGE to make the top 3.
    Even SOULFLY is questionable for me on the topic of this thread, given that neither them nor SEPULTURA ever got more than 60mn on this cruise. So why should they now? Andy couldn’t find better?
    (I understand that this has nothing to do with a band being “better” than another one. Bear with me here.)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:24 pm

Fulorian wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 pm TBDM ties with Stuck Mojo and Dead Cross on my 'who gives a fuck?' list.
    I love the irony here (and yes, I know you meant it) :D

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 pm

For our readers at home, what’s at stake here is: why would NE OBLIVISCARIS (#4 on the combined wishlist of thousands) get 45mn*2, when <insert band no one cares about> gets 75mn*2?
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 am

As much as I like Ne O, isn't the wishlist calculated from 100 people or less, rather than "thousands"?
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:02 pm

alex_canada wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 am As much as I like Ne O, isn't the wishlist calculated from 100 people or less, rather than "thousands"?
    Agreed. While I haven't tracked the exact number of individuals that have contributed to the wishlist, it certainly wouldn't be thousands.

My guess is that it would be more than 100 though at the very least. There are 77 recorded requests for Amon Amarth and I'm certain not everyone has requested them (I certainly didn't!).

Probably around 200-250 would be my guess.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:48 pm

I meant thousands of bands :D
    Dallas posted an estimate of 250 “unique requestors” in September.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Don't think there would be any argument that Svartsot are a 45minute band :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:50 pm Don't think there would be any argument that Svartsot are a 45minute band :)
    Seems legit.
    BTW, may I point out a small typo on your 70K bands spreadsheet? Line 118, God Dethroned. Number of times says 2, but it should be 3 since you are counting 2019 already ;)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Kamelot probably gets a headliner spot again, yeah? Maybe this time they'll actually fill the full 75 minutes with songs.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:10 pm

mooyagi wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm Kamelot probably gets a headliner spot again, yeah? Maybe this time they'll actually fill the full 75 minutes with songs.
    Hope they bring Lauren Hart with them. She was excellent on the Australian tour!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:13 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:33 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:50 pm Don't think there would be any argument that Svartsot are a 45minute band :)
    Seems legit.
    BTW, may I point out a small typo on your 70K bands spreadsheet? Line 118, God Dethroned. Number of times says 2, but it should be 3 since you are counting 2019 already ;)
    Well spotted :) Thanks!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:04 pm

mooyagi wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm Kamelot probably gets a headliner spot again, yeah? Maybe this time they'll actually fill the full 75 minutes with songs.
    Explain pls. I caught half of both sets in 2017 so this is over my head.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:33 pm

DarkMacek wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:04 pm
    Too much extra crap on stage, not enough playing. Sing alongs and band intro/talking. Seemed like they only had about an hour of material to play. Pretty sure one of the sets was a bit shorter than the allotted time also.
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 pm

mooyagi wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:33 pm
    Too much extra crap on stage, not enough playing. Sing alongs and band intro/talking. Seemed like they only had about an hour of material to play. Pretty sure one of the sets was a bit shorter than the allotted time also.
    They played basically the exact same sets (if memory serves, only one song was different) in 2017. And the 'Forever' schtick that goes on for 15-20 minutes is so played out and trite at this point.

That said, I now feel vindicated for insisting that we were missing headliners! I'm going to go out on a limb and say I still think there is one to go.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:16 am

Yeah happy to be proven wrong there! Kamelot will definitely get 75 minute sets....

.... and pad them out with keyboard solos, bass solos, drum solos, triangle solos, singalongs and hell, maybe even a couple of songs!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:10 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm
    Hope they bring Lauren Hart with them. She was excellent on the Australian tour!
    ...she's confirmed! ;)
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Van Canto could almost be popular enough for 60 minutes, but given the calibre of the lineup I'd say they'll get 45 minutes.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:06 am

Slotted Kamelot in as a "headliner". Svartsot, Convulse and Van Canto will all be 45ers.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:35 am

Fulorian wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 pm

They played basically the exact same sets (if memory serves, only one song was different) in 2017. And the 'Forever' schtick that goes on for 15-20 minutes is so played out and trite at this point.

That said, I now feel vindicated for insisting that we were missing headliners! I'm going to go out on a limb and say I still think there is one to go.
    Agh, this makes me sad to hear. I really like their older stuff and am kind of excited to see them... I hope they get some actual music in, good lord!

Also yeeeah I was saying the same thing, I'm a noob but had a feeling there was another headliner! High-five!
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:38 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:35 am

Agh, this makes me sad to hear. I really like their older stuff and am kind of excited to see them... I hope they get some actual music in, good lord!

Also yeeeah I was saying the same thing, I'm a noob but had a feeling there was another headliner! High-five!
    We're probably overselling it just a little bit, but the setlist from 2017 does show that there was only one song in the second set that wasn't in the first set, and that the wankery consisted of 5 of the 26 total songs/tracks on the two sets combined (drum solo, keyboard solo, 'Forever' singalong, another drum solo, another 'Forever' singalong).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/ ... 827b3.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/ ... 83205.html

It's the kind of formula that makes sense when playing one long set, but when split up among two sets for a headliner, which many people will want to see twice, it just feels stale.
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Fulorian wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:38 pm
    AstridDragon wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:35 am

We're probably overselling it just a little bit, but the setlist from 2017 does show that there was only one song in the second set that wasn't in the first set, and that the wankery consisted of 5 of the 26 total songs/tracks on the two sets combined (drum solo, keyboard solo, 'Forever' singalong, another drum solo, another 'Forever' singalong).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/ ... 827b3.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/ ... 83205.html

It's the kind of formula that makes sense when playing one long set, but when split up among two sets for a headliner, which many people will want to see twice, it just feels stale.
    I get ya! That does seem like not a lot of songs for a 75m set. Silly.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:10 pm

The Kamelot setlist from Brisbane a few weeks ago. Yes it had the usual singalongs and solos tomfoolery, but it was still a killer gig:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/ ... 77622.html
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:47 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:10 pm The Kamelot setlist from Brisbane a few weeks ago. Yes it had the usual singalongs and solos tomfoolery, but it was still a killer gig:

That looks great! I know it's probably pretty typical but if all I catch is March of Mephisto I'll be pretty happy. One of my favorite songs ever. That Black Halo album is great, and I see When the Lights are Down too!

Thanks man.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:20 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:47 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:10 pm The Kamelot setlist from Brisbane a few weeks ago. Yes it had the usual singalongs and solos tomfoolery, but it was still a killer gig:

That looks great! I know it's probably pretty typical but if all I catch is March of Mephisto I'll be pretty happy. One of my favorite songs ever. That Black Halo album is great, and I see When the Lights are Down too!

Thanks man.
    As long as you catch one of Kamelot's sets, you will catch March :P I've seen Kamelot six times now (all four sets from 70K, and twice in Brisbane) and they've played it every time.

Good thing is, it takes on a different dimesion each time depending on who they have providing guest vocals.

Here is my video of March from the Brisbane gig if you are interested (please ignore the fact that for the first 30 seconds or so the lens cover was only half open :P)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74XHIxSJgc
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Cyrha would be a guaranteed 45-minute'er. Probably wouldn't have enough material for anything longer :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Pretty sure everything in the current round, other than Kamelot, is 45 minutes. Svartsot, Convulse, Van Canto, Cyhra, and Raven.