Locked 128 posts
Canada's representing!
    debborah1
    Commander

Re: Canada's representing!

by debborah1 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:51 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Element0s wrote:I'm gonna be playing guest keyboards for them at their halloween show, for a complete Dio tribute set. Should be a blast!

And me without a teleportation machine! WTF! I'd really like to witness this (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink cough video record cough) :P

COUGH.......me too
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    corrosive
    Crewman

by corrosive » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 am

my friend and i are from Niagara Falls...i tried to get more people to come but apparently all we have are a bunch of posers around the Niagara area...ugh....
    Been cruisin' since 2011...haven't missed one yet!
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Adrift,the Obsessed,Down, Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Sacrifice, Razor,Evile,Bonded by Blood,
  • sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:49 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:It's Tuesday afternoon.

Sheila and Debb have just finished rippin' it up during a Forbidden set and have grabbed a couple drinks and set out for the pool deck to get some sun and air. They're strolling along, enjoying the view, sipping their drinks and chatting about which gig to see next.

Suddenly Sheila screams... "Ahhhh!! WTF?!?!"

Debb looks and sees that Sheila's foot has landed in a gooey, red and white pool of some sticky, sloppy, soupy substance on the deck surface. There seems to be the tattered remains of a pair of shorts and a black band t-shirt tangled up amongst the mess. Debb grabs Sheila and they both pull. Sheila escapes but her right flip-flop is stuck in the goo and begins to bubble and liquefy right before their eyes.

"What the mother fucking hell was THAT?", Sheila asks.

"Oh", Debb says, "Yeah... I'm pretty sure that was Doug from Manitoba. I recognize that Razor shirt he was wearing at dinner last night. Damned Canadians melting into puddles all over this bloody boat. That's the third one I've seen today"

OMG!! Too fuckin funny!! Just saw this!! Whats soo funny is I would say shit like that!!! AHAHAHHAha :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Glad you enjoyed Striker, they are certainly hometown heros here, good friends of mine too. I'm gonna be playing guest keyboards for them at their halloween show, for a complete Dio tribute set. Should be a blast!

Complete Dio tribute set?! PLEASE tell me this Halloween show isn't Saturday the 30th. Any day but the 30th and I might just take a drive to Edmonton!
    Vroethe
    Wiper

by Vroethe » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Manitoba here! :viking:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:39 am

So of all the Western Canadians on this board who all is going to be at Samandriel/Viathyn's show on October 15th? If anyone else is there (obviously Jake and Jeff) we should have a drink or 12. :heavydrink:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    corrosive
    Crewman

by corrosive » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Did someone mention Striker?????? They played niagara and killed it! love those guys!
    Been cruisin' since 2011...haven't missed one yet!
    my wish list...COC(with pepper),Angelwitch,Spirit Adrift,the Obsessed,Down, Dangerous Toys,Pentagram,Sacred Reich,Sacrifice, Razor,Evile,Bonded by Blood,
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:09 am

Stained Class wrote:So of all the Western Canadians on this board who all is going to be at Samandriel/Viathyn's show on October 15th? If anyone else is there (obviously Jake and Jeff) we should have a drink or 12. :heavydrink:

Something tells me that I know you. I know a fair share of Calgarians...

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Glad you enjoyed Striker, they are certainly hometown heros here, good friends of mine too. I'm gonna be playing guest keyboards for them at their halloween show, for a complete Dio tribute set. Should be a blast!

Complete Dio tribute set?! PLEASE tell me this Halloween show isn't Saturday the 30th. Any day but the 30th and I might just take a drive to Edmonton!
    I hate to disappoint, but alas, it is on the 30th. Too bad, it would have been great if you could have made the trip out. :(

corrosive wrote:Did someone mention Striker?????? They played niagara and killed it! love those guys!
    Haha, it's cool to see that a fair number of people on this board know of Striker. Two years ago they were just another local band! The best local band mind you, but still "just" a local band.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:14 am

I don't think so. Unless you were one of the dudes I met at the front row of Sonata Arctica, I don't really know anyone else from the edmonton metal scene. I'll try to meet whoevers going on the cruise at the cd release party. I've also been trying to start a band of my own but you know how hard it is to keep people committed, thats another reason I wanna start meeting people in the local scene.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:50 am

My brother and I are driving down from the Gatineau/Ottawa area. I think someone should just rent a van and a bunch of us should drive down :P Way cheaper that way.
    Brutal drive, 28hrs at least but... so worth it.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:02 am

Samhain wrote:My brother and I are driving down from the Gatineau/Ottawa area. I think someone should just rent a van and a bunch of us should drive down :P Way cheaper that way.
    Brutal drive, 28hrs at least but... so worth it.

I s this anywhere near Ontario? (sorry...I know nothing about Canada lol....only that its holding my Metal Penguin captive lmao) I ask this because Audrey and her crew are making the drive from there and there was talk of a Metal Bus possibly!.(read further up this thread).....just sayin :headbanger: :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 am

debborah1 wrote:I s this anywhere near Ontario? (sorry...I know nothing about Canada lol....only that its holding my Metal Penguin captive lmao) I ask this because Audrey and her crew are making the drive from there and there was talk of a Metal Bus possibly!.(read further up this thread).....just sayin :headbanger: :headbanger:

Exactly what I was thinking...

And yes Debb, the cities of Gatineau/Ottawa are in the provinces of Quebec/Ontario respectively :cool:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:33 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:I s this anywhere near Ontario? (sorry...I know nothing about Canada lol....only that its holding my Metal Penguin captive lmao) I ask this because Audrey and her crew are making the drive from there and there was talk of a Metal Bus possibly!.(read further up this thread).....just sayin :headbanger: :headbanger:

And yes Debb, the cities of Gatineau/Ottawa are in the provinces of Quebec/Ontario respectively :cool:

aHHHHHH.........SO UR TELLIN ME THERE'S A CHANCE!!! METAL BUSS!!!!!! WOOOT WOOOOOOO!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:00 am

debborah1 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

aHHHHHH.........SO UR TELLIN ME THERE'S A CHANCE!!! METAL BUSS!!!!!! WOOOT WOOOOOOO!!

I would so be down for a metal bus. If anyone from the Quebec/Ontario area is ACTUALLY interested in this idea let me know. I'm in.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Canada, hmm what to say about Canada? Went to Vancouver once, thought I was in Tokyo... I hear they have moose and it's really cold (the weather not the moose). They let people speak French in some parts, not sure why. Yup, that's about it. Oh,and I highly approve of Strange Brew, Rush and Triumph.

Canada
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    evilernie667
    Oiler

by evilernie667 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:30 am

I am hailing from Edmonton, Alberta together with 2 cabin-mates.

As far as I see, Canada is ruling the boat! \n/(-_-)\m/
    \m/(-_-)\m/ Don't Metal With Evil \m/(-_-)\m/

Deck 4
    Cabin 4512
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:46 am

Disaster Area wrote:Canada, hmm what to say about Canada? Went to Vancouver once, thought I was in Tokyo... I hear they have moose and it's really cold (the weather not the moose). They let people speak French in some parts, not sure why. Yup, that's about it. Oh,and I highly approve of Strange Brew, Rush and Triumph.

Canada

Hah ! Cool.. Don;t forget Sam Dunn-- Headbangers journey, Global Metal(my favorite!) the Rush documentary, and of course the Maiden Flight 666.
    Remember--- we're on top and we're bigger than you. And we play football in the snow
    Love the T-Shirt! :party:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:47 am

Ah shit
    Check out the Fubar2 movie trailer clip on the Engine room board--funny metal stuff!
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 am

Damn, if I hadn't already bought my flight from Winnipeg, I would've gone to Ontario just to go down on the metal bus. Although by the time we actually got on the boat I don't know if anyone would be left standing, let alone able to sing along to holy diver for the 67th time.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 pm

I'd love to do a west coast metal bus trip down but we'd definitely need to grab the Seattle/Tacoma members of the clan and then the California crew. I think there's only like 5 or 6 BC residents going and I'm the only one that posts here more than once every couple months.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:31 pm

haha im flying man that would be a rediculous drive, i wanna have some energy when we actually get on the boat haha.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 am

Jaimie38 wrote:...And we play football in the snow

I'm all for grasping at any straws we can to wave at our big, powerful (overlords I mean) neighbours to the South but I think they play their fair share of outdoor winter games in the NFL too. They probably play as many or more than we do in fact since they have so many more teams. If not, it's just cuz they've got the money to build more domed stadiums that us :lol:

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 am

Ya, you're right.... they even play hockey outside!
    9 Time Vet.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:55 pm

hey, what the...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Disaster Area wrote:hey, what the...

Oh man!...thats just f'd up lmao
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:41 pm

lmfao... my cousin Jeb from Calgary!! That was his xmas card last year! :lol:

• Samhain
    Petty Officer

METAL BUS

by Samhain » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:24 am

Are any Ontarians/Quebecers interested in the prospect of a "Metal Bus" from Ontario/Quebec to Miami in January? It's a long drive but it would be less expensive than a flight. I am already driving down with my brother so I'm open to the idea of a "Metal Bus".

Please let me know :) We'll all be spending 4 days together, what's another 1 1/2 day in a car? heheheh

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: METAL BUS

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 am

Samhain wrote:Are any Ontarians/Quebecers interested in the prospect of a "Metal Bus" from Ontario/Quebec to Miami in January? It's a long drive but it would be less expensive than a flight. I am already driving down with my brother so I'm open to the idea of a "Metal Bus".

Please let me know :) We'll all be spending 4 days together, what's another 1 1/2 day in a car? heheheh

I'd highly recommend starting a thread for that... Something like East Coast Metal Bus to Miami... only because some of your potential bus-mates may not bother with this thread about lil ol' Canada. Easier to keep track of replies and suggestions too as opposed to sporadic replies ya get in this thread. Good luck. I'm sure it would be a blast if ya pull it off and you guys would arrive with a shitload of stories to tell even before setting sail! :headbanger:

Hell, had I known of this I would've just booked a flight to Ontario :lol:

Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi,
    Me,my gf and one of my friend arew from the montreal area.
    Great idea Samhain,but we're gonna fly over there.
    Leaving on the 22th ,spending 2 days in miami berore departue.
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Gandalf wrote:Hi,

\m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:16 pm

debborah1 wrote:

funny :heavydrink:
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Gandalf wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

funny :heavydrink:

WElcome aboard the funny train darlin!.....some days we all seem to be comedians in here ;) (especially Fridays!!!)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:05 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Northern metal brothers n' sisters!!

My mom makes the BEST stuffing on EARTH!! :D

• ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:44 am

And happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm on here killing time waiting to join friends for a feast. I bet your mom does make awesome stuffing, moms are good at that! I just tried out one that turned out quite well if I do say so myself with croutons made from walnut currant bread from a my organic local-food-supporting bakery, caramelized onions, apples, celery, parsley, sage, and chicken stock. F**k Stove Top!

:beerwink:
  • lacunabliss
    Crewman

by lacunabliss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 am

Two from Ottawa right here. Booked my flights already!
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:04 am

Slowly but surely taking over this cruise!

SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:33 pm

I haven't booked any tix yet, were most likely flying... but I live northeast of Baltimore and am literally less than 1.5 miles from I 95. that Canadian bus I am guessing will hit 95 around there if not sooner, depending on the way you go so I am on the way basically! I know it is 11 hours from Daytona from Baltimore and supposedly another 5 or 6 from Daytona to Miami... so from Baltimore about 17 hours give or take depending on stops.... Metal bus sounds like an extension of the heaven that is the cruise! :) I would have to see what my friend would want to do.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

Re: METAL BUS

by Jaimie38 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Samhain wrote:Are any Ontarians/Quebecers interested in the prospect of a "Metal Bus" from Ontario/Quebec to Miami in January? It's a long drive but it would be less expensive than a flight. I am already driving down with my brother so I'm open to the idea of a "Metal Bus".

While road trip would be fun,,,, the Northeast in January driving a rear wheel drive airport shuttle van(I'm assuming this will be a rental)with no winter tires ( are they manditory in Quebec for rentals??) would NOT be my fave choice if you had any issues we would all be sad!! If ya make it to Virginia, you'd be good.

ok... I am now the official old man..... whose going to cut my steak for me???? :P :P :P :P :P
    9 Time Vet.
  • ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:06 pm

I just booked my plane tix. I guess this is all closer to actually happening! FYI, WestJet's having a seat sale right now. I have to take a bunch of connecting flights including overnights in T.O. on the way there, and Calgary on the way back, but that's OK. I'm flying for like $400 cheaper than I thought I was going to be able to and now there's PLENTY of time allotted in case of s**tty weather or other potential delays. I'll also get to spend a night in Calgary with my friends before getting whisked quickly back to "real life" and the rest of the winter in Saskatchewan on my way home!

Metal bus sounds fun, but time consuming and possibly expensive. This whole trip's a huge indulgence for me -- gotta be smart(ish) in some areas!

I'm ready now. BRING ON FEBRUARY!!!!

:viking:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:33 pm

FEBRUARY??? :lol: ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Locked 128 posts