Post Reply 708 posts
2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:45 am

Nah, I think that's a low estimate Statsman.

Number of wishlist submissions by Easter

200 Godflesh
    175 Phoenix
    150 cowboy71

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:29 am
    Godflesh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:56 pm I propose that the winner wins the right to make the final last minute additions to his wishlist, before you send it to the skipper.
    We just need an official deadline.
    An official deadline would be great, so I can stop procrastinating this shit :D
    OKAY MAKING THE OFFICIAL DATE I SEND MY SUBMISSION TO ANDY GOOD FRIDAY, 19th APRIL.

HOWEVER, if activity does start to ramp up and it does look like we might start getting announcements before then (unlikely, but it has happened) we might bring the date forward.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:45 pm

+1 Harakiri for the sky
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Couple more I'd like to add to my wishlist:

Forever Still
    Moonsun
    Demon Hunter
    Meadows End
    Final Chapter
    Hypersonic
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    aleyeahed
    Crewman

by aleyeahed » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am

AstridDragon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:21 am
    aleyeahed wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:36 am Forgot a couple, and now I've got two posts, winning. Which reminds me, what's the next 'level' posting status? Surely there's a 'Poop Deck Scrubber' if there's a 'Wiper'!
    I believe Oiler is next.
    Awesome. Walking the plank I shall not do. Yet.

Next question: how do you attach a photo to the forum/specific post? Had a great one for this reply. Gotta be a code monkey? Don't see a 'Upload Photo' icon anywhere.
    2024: Survived
    2023: Survived
    2021-2022: Nothing but Desperate Dreams
    2020: Survived
    2019: Survived
    2018 and prior: Eye of the Tiger was the only Survivor I was privy to

202∞ Wish Upon a Fallen Angel List

1914/200.Stab.Wounds/3.Inches.of.Blood/Acerus/Acid.Bath/Act.Of.Impalement/Aephanemer/Afsky/Afterbirth/Agalloch/Air.Raid/Alkaloid/Amalekim/...And.Oceans/Anaal.Nathrakh/An.Abstract.Illusion/Ancient.Empire/Ancient.Mastery/Angrrsth/Antioch/Antrisch/Arcturus/Arkheron.Thodol/Ashenspire/Atavista/Attic/Atvm/Autonoesis/Avantasia/Be'lakor/Belzebubs/Blackbraid/Black.Soul.Horde/Bolt.Thrower/Blut.Aus.Nord/Borknagar/Bütcher/Caladan.Brood/Carpathian.Forest/Chapel.Of.Disease/Cirith.Ungol/Corpsessed/Countless.Skies/Crypts.of.Despair/Crystal.Coffin/Cursebinder/Daeva/Demiser/De.Profundis/Diabolizer/Diamonds.Hadder/Disguised.Malignance/Dissimulator/Dordeduh/Dormant.Ideal/Draconian/Duskmourn/Elderwind/Empyrium/Enforced/Eternal.Storm/Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow/Evil.Invaders/Faceless.Burial/Faithxtractor/Fossilization/Frozen.Dawn/Gaerea/Gallowbraid/Gevurah/Gravesend/Grima/Hath/Havukruunu/Heilung/Helloween/Hellripper/Hot.Graves/Iron.Savior/Judicator/Kanonenfieber/Kardashev/Keel/King.Diamond/Kostnatění/Kvaen/Kryptos/Lamp.Of.Murmuur/Leiþa/Lizzy.Borden/Loviator/Lurid/Malformity/Malokarpatan/Mānbryne/Manticora/Mare.Cognitum/Marrasmieli/Maul/Megaton.Sword/Mephorash/Metal.Church/Mortiferum/Musk.Ox/Misþyrming/Moonlight.Sorcery/Necropanther/Necrophobic/Non.Est.Deus/Nothingness/Obsequiae/Omnicidal/Operus/Overkill/Panzerfaust/Perliaxe.Occlusion/Raider/Rimfrost/Riot.City/Running.Wild/Sacred.Outcry/Second.to.Sun/Schammasch/Selbst/Shylmagoghnar/Sisyphean/Sojourner/Spectral.Voice/Starlight.Ritual/Stormkeep/Stygian.Crown/Suffering.Hour/Sulphur.Aeon/Sumerlands/Sur.Austru/Tankard/The.Committee/The.Night.Eternal/Thron/Thundering.Hooves/Tómarúm/Tower/Traveler/Tribunal/Triumph/Tzompantli/Udande/Úlfúð/Ultha/Unfelled/Véhémence/Vengeful.Spectre/Venator/Visigoth/Vorga/Vorna/Vredhammer/W.A.S.P./Warcrab/Wardruna/Wayfarer/Wayward.Dawn/Wheel.(Germany)/White.Ward/Wings.Of.Steel/Witch.Vomit/Wormwitch/
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:24 am

aleyeahed wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am
    aleyeahed wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:36 am Forgot a couple, and now I've got two posts, winning. Which reminds me, what's the next 'level' posting status? Surely there's a 'Poop Deck Scrubber' if there's a 'Wiper'!
    I believe Oiler is next.

Next question: how do you attach a photo to the forum/specific post? Had a great one for this reply. Gotta be a code monkey? Don't see a 'Upload Photo' icon anywhere.
    As far as I am aware, 70k forum does no image hosting so you would have to put your image on a hosting site somewhere first, or take it from a URL. If it's not already on a website/facebook/instagram/whatever, I would recommend uploading it to imgur and then using that url in the img tag.
    aleyeahed
    Crewman

by aleyeahed » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:39 am

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:24 am
    aleyeahed wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am

I believe Oiler is next.

As far as I am aware, 70k forum does no image hosting so you would have to put your image on a hosting site somewhere first, or take it from a URL. If it's not already on a website/facebook/instagram/whatever, I would recommend uploading it to imgur and then using that url in the img tag.
    Coolio, thanks for being my shepherd!
    2024: Survived
    2023: Survived
    2021-2022: Nothing but Desperate Dreams
    2020: Survived
    2019: Survived
    2018 and prior: Eye of the Tiger was the only Survivor I was privy to

202∞ Wish Upon a Fallen Angel List

1914/200.Stab.Wounds/3.Inches.of.Blood/Acerus/Acid.Bath/Act.Of.Impalement/Aephanemer/Afsky/Afterbirth/Agalloch/Air.Raid/Alkaloid/Amalekim/...And.Oceans/Anaal.Nathrakh/An.Abstract.Illusion/Ancient.Empire/Ancient.Mastery/Angrrsth/Antioch/Antrisch/Arcturus/Arkheron.Thodol/Ashenspire/Atavista/Attic/Atvm/Autonoesis/Avantasia/Be'lakor/Belzebubs/Blackbraid/Black.Soul.Horde/Bolt.Thrower/Blut.Aus.Nord/Borknagar/Bütcher/Caladan.Brood/Carpathian.Forest/Chapel.Of.Disease/Cirith.Ungol/Corpsessed/Countless.Skies/Crypts.of.Despair/Crystal.Coffin/Cursebinder/Daeva/Demiser/De.Profundis/Diabolizer/Diamonds.Hadder/Disguised.Malignance/Dissimulator/Dordeduh/Dormant.Ideal/Draconian/Duskmourn/Elderwind/Empyrium/Enforced/Eternal.Storm/Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow/Evil.Invaders/Faceless.Burial/Faithxtractor/Fossilization/Frozen.Dawn/Gaerea/Gallowbraid/Gevurah/Gravesend/Grima/Hath/Havukruunu/Heilung/Helloween/Hellripper/Hot.Graves/Iron.Savior/Judicator/Kanonenfieber/Kardashev/Keel/King.Diamond/Kostnatění/Kvaen/Kryptos/Lamp.Of.Murmuur/Leiþa/Lizzy.Borden/Loviator/Lurid/Malformity/Malokarpatan/Mānbryne/Manticora/Mare.Cognitum/Marrasmieli/Maul/Megaton.Sword/Mephorash/Metal.Church/Mortiferum/Musk.Ox/Misþyrming/Moonlight.Sorcery/Necropanther/Necrophobic/Non.Est.Deus/Nothingness/Obsequiae/Omnicidal/Operus/Overkill/Panzerfaust/Perliaxe.Occlusion/Raider/Rimfrost/Riot.City/Running.Wild/Sacred.Outcry/Second.to.Sun/Schammasch/Selbst/Shylmagoghnar/Sisyphean/Sojourner/Spectral.Voice/Starlight.Ritual/Stormkeep/Stygian.Crown/Suffering.Hour/Sulphur.Aeon/Sumerlands/Sur.Austru/Tankard/The.Committee/The.Night.Eternal/Thron/Thundering.Hooves/Tómarúm/Tower/Traveler/Tribunal/Triumph/Tzompantli/Udande/Úlfúð/Ultha/Unfelled/Véhémence/Vengeful.Spectre/Venator/Visigoth/Vorga/Vorna/Vredhammer/W.A.S.P./Warcrab/Wardruna/Wayfarer/Wayward.Dawn/Wheel.(Germany)/White.Ward/Wings.Of.Steel/Witch.Vomit/Wormwitch/
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:48 am

Hey - adding Lucifer's Child to my wishlist.

Because George Emmanuel is leaving Rotting Christ, this is his band, and they are fucking awesome;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwx0MgQX-FM
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:58 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:00 am Because you tend to use the FB ones as well, right Statsman?
    I used to, when it was kinda a bit more.... "informal".

But, its too hard to include facebook accurately for many reasons - for example there are so many places that people could put wishlists. The 70k Forum Fiends Group, the 70k 2020 group, 70Ks own page. etc.

Also, its too hard to tell who has made a wishlist on facebook, and also on the forum due to not knowing real name/forum name matches.

Plus, I am an 'old school' kind of guy. I'd like to keep the 70K forum alive, and drive people to register here to make their wishlists :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Ti7aNiC wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:48 am Hey - adding Lucifer's Child to my wishlist.

Because George Emmanuel is leaving Rotting Christ, this is his band, and they are fucking awesome;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwx0MgQX-FM
    Awesome song.
    + Lucifer's Child for me as well
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:58 pm Plus, I am an 'old school' kind of guy. I'd like to keep the 70K forum alive, and drive people to register here to make their wishlists :)
    If only registration was working :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Phoenix wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:58 pm Plus, I am an 'old school' kind of guy. I'd like to keep the 70K forum alive, and drive people to register here to make their wishlists :)
    They are waiting for the 2019 Cripper Award Poll to close :mrgreen:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Wow!
    So many reQuests for Be'lakor!
    Until now I had never heard of them and had no idea they were from Melbourne.
    How did this band slip under my radar for so long?

I checked them out and I'd say add another point to the wishlist.
    Bring onbroad Skip!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 pm

I don't think it's quite working that way, as it has resulted in a heavy bias.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:29 pm

EvilDan wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 pm
    I don't think it's quite working that way, as it has resulted in a heavy bias.
    "HEAVY BIAS" = "OH NOES MY FAVOURITE GENRE/BAND IS UNDER-REPRESENTED!!!"

????

We now have wishlists from well over 100 individuals, from different walks of life, different ages, different countries, users that have been on the forum for years along with users that have just joined......

The only bias present is bias towards "people that have registered on the forum", and ummm that's kind of the point. It's not like this list suddenly becomes the skipper's single source of truth for the formation of the lineup anyway. As I've mentioned previously, we will get probably 20 of the top 100 on the lineup if comparing to the last few years, then a bunch that have a few requests from people here and there, and a few that no one at all has requested....

But yeah - maybe the genre/bands you like, just ain't that popular? :P

And furthermore, when the skipper posts I believe he usually requests they are posted here too.

"How about you post your personal wishlist in the Official 70000TONS OF METAL forum, THE place to connect with fellow Metalheads from over 70 different countries around the globe?"

If this leads to your perceived "heavy bias" because fans of your particular band/genre cannot be arsed posting the wishlist here well, then they've got no-one to blame but themselves :roll:
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Cardest wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:54 pm Wow!

Bring onbroad Skip!
    Cannot believe they slipped under your radar too! Incredible band :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:34 am

I’m surprised that Grave, Autopsy & Asphyx hadn’t even made it to the 7/8 requests level.
    :? :bitch:
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Bring onbroad Skip!
    Shit, I must have been in a terrible mood last time I checked them out. I liked Borknagar but not Be'lakor (they both got mentioned a lot so checked em both out) but I just checked out Be'lakor and again today AND WHAT WAS I THINKING THEY'RE AMAZING. Thanks guys.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 am

AstridDragon wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Bring onbroad Skip!
    Shit, I must have been in a terrible mood last time I checked them out. I liked Borknagar but not Be'lakor (they both got mentioned a lot so checked em both out) but I just checked out Be'lakor and again today AND WHAT WAS I THINKING THEY'RE AMAZING. Thanks guys.
    YES! Add them to your list. They are absolutely amazing
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:24 am

Adding

Be'lakor

to my list, Statsman! Thanks for your hard work!
  • Demonofthefall1992
    Wiper

by Demonofthefall1992 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Akercocke
    Alcest
    Alestorm*
    Anaal Nathrakh*
    Arcturus
    Atheist
    Autopsy
    Barren Earth
    Be’lakor
    Blindead
    Candlemass*
    Chapel of Disease
    Cult of Luna
    Demilich
    Devin Townsend
    Diablo Swing Orchestra
    Disillusion
    Dismember
    Electric Wizard
    Emperor
    Entombed
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Fear Factory
    Funereal Presence
    Ghost Brigade
    Gorguts
    Gorod
    Hypocrisy
    Ihsahn
    Immolation
    Immortal (or Abbath)
    King Diamond (or Mercyful Fate)
    Melechesh
    Mercenary
    Mgla
    Misery Index
    Municipal Waste*
    Neurosis
    Novembre
    Opeth
    Oranssi Pazuzu
    Pain of Salvation
    Panopticon
    Primordial
    Quo Vadis
    Saor
    Savatage
    Sigh
    Skeletonwitch
    Slugdge
    Soen
    Soilwork* (Barge To Hell repeat)
    Solstafir* (Barge to Hell repeat)
    Sulphur Aeon
    Symphony X*
    The Gathering
    Tribulation
    Vektor
    W.A.S.P.
    Wolves in the Throne Room

*indicates repeat
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Phoenix wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm
    Judging from the fresh requests from newbies, it IS now working.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Additions to my wish list:

First timers:
    Acephalix
    Altarage
    Angerot
    Blood Incantation
    Brutally Deceased
    Cellar Darling
    Centinex
    Chapel Of Disease
    Church Of Misery
    Cruciamentum
    Dead Witches
    Demilich
    Demonical
    Dust Bolt
    Famish God
    Gaerea
    Horrendous
    Horrified
    Immortal
    Immortal Guardian
    Interment
    Kaleikr
    Krater
    Lost Society
    Mammoth Grinder
    Musmahhu
    Outer Heaven
    Outre-Tombe
    Primitive Man
    Sarcasm
    Satan
    Spectral Voice
    Suicidal Tendencies
    Un
    Unanimated
    Undergang
    Vanum
    Vastum
    Void Rot
    Wombbath
    Wretched Fate

Repeats:
    Destruction
    Enslaved
    Fear Factory
    In Mourning
    Naglfar
    Necrophobic
    Striker
    Tankard
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Requests from 108 individuals now, 4,021 requests in total, 1,277 unique acts requested.

Going down to those with 9 or more now gives us the top 98!

Good to see a newbie (and an aussie one at that!) jump into the top 5 :)

And four newbies joined the bottom of the list (Dismember, Harakiri for the Sky, Sulphur Aeon and Wolves in the Throne Room), changing the weighting in favour of repeats now 61 to 37.

Note that ORANGE are bands that have NOT been on previously.

57 Amon Amarth

38 Blind Guardian

37 Alestorm

35 Amorphis

31 Be'lakor, Insomnium

30 Iced Earth

29 Sabaton

28 Rotting Christ

27 Powerwolf

26 Wintersun

25 Gojira

24 Candlemass

23 Behemoth, Emperor

22 Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Wolfheart

21 Demons & Wizards, Moonspell

20 Dark Tranquillity, Epica, Mgla, Omnium Gatherum

19 Hypocrisy, Moonsorrow, Turisas

18 Avantasia, Equilibrium, Finntroll, Katatonia

17 Death Angel, Dragonforce, Helloween, Nightwish

16 Beast in Black, Children of Bodom, Edguy, King Diamond, Kreator, Orden Ogan

15 Battle Beast, Enslaved, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Hammerfall, Lacuna Coil, Melechesh, Primordial, Stratovarius, Testament

14 At The Gates, Orphaned Land, Triptykon

13 Aether Realm, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Ihsahn, Immortal, Korpiklaani, Myrath, Soilwork, Therion

12 Aeternam, Allegaeon, Anaal Nathrakh, Carcass, Draconian, My Dying Bride, Power Trip, Symphony X, Vader

11 Abbath, Carach Angren, Dalriada, November's Doom, Saltatio Mortis, Swallow The Sun, The Crown, Tribulation, Within Temptation

10 Ahab, Batushka, Einherjer, Municipal Waste, Satyricon, Septicflesh, Tankard, Trollfest

9 Ancient Bards, Dismember, Harakiri for the Sky, Jinjer, Mykur, Running Wild, Sonata Arctica, Sulphur Aeon, Wolves in the Throne Room
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:25 pm
    jDismember
    Never heard of that band before.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • SachaGaublomme
    Wiper

by SachaGaublomme » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Epica
    Carach Angren
    Clawfinger
    Butcher Babies
    Babymetal
    Pleymo
    Izegrim
    Walls of Jericho
    Fleddy Melculy
    Otep
    In This Moment
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:29 pm
    EvilDan wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 pm I don't think it's quite working that way, as it has resulted in a heavy bias.
    "HEAVY BIAS" = "OH NOES MY FAVOURITE GENRE/BAND IS UNDER-REPRESENTED!!!"

<SNIP>

But yeah - maybe the genre/bands you like, just ain't that popular? :P

<SNIP>

If this leads to your perceived "heavy bias" because fans of your particular band/genre cannot be arsed posting the wishlist here well, then they've got no-one to blame but themselves :roll:
    :roll:
    I said what I meant. It doesn't matter if there are 1000 samples if they aren't representative of the group. A couple of years ago, the forum was more indicative of the crowd, but many people have left because it's no longer as inclusive, resulting in the bias I am referencing. I am just highlighting a flaw in the (apparently sponsored) system. Perhaps the issue is that I misinterpreted this collection's purpose.

The argument raised against me, even though I said nothing of the sort, is a subtle way of saying "shut up, your opinion is not valued". It's purpose is to discourage participation, interaction, and discourse, much like preemptively shutting people down with comments like "can't wait to hear the br00tals complain about this", when no complaints have been made in months. They are effective tactics. People have left, newer people have been shut down and haven't returned, and lurkers don't even bother. So of course, it's our fault that we "cannot be arsed posting" rather than deal with a passive aggressive environment. Quieting yet more people.

Even if that is not the intention, it is still the effect.

I had really hoped to discuss this personally in greater detail on the boat, but we never crossed paths.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

aaah, no. The argument raised against you is nothing of the sort. Your wishlist and your opinion is just as valid as anyone elses :)

If your perceived "bias" is against "br00tal" music - look at the Top 20 requests. 5 Melodeath, 5 Black, 1 Doom! Top 100 - over 50% (55 by my count) fall into Melodeath/Black/Doom/Death/Thrash/Extreme.

If the "bias" is against people that are not on or left the forum, then yes I agree a lot of the old crew are not here anymore and that's sad :( Certainly a few people left because there was a lot of 'br00tals vs weenies' crap on the forum at one stage years and years ago (like 5+ years ago) but that is long in the past. And there are still many old timers here (hell, there are over 30 wishlists from people that have been on the forum since 2012 or earlier). And those are fans of all different tastes ranging from weenie (me) through to the more brutal (Malaka, nekrobarr, Azazael101, Sgt. B., yourself to name a few). So even though people have left that still hasn't lead to any bias I do not think. It's still a very valid cross-section of the 70k family.

There have been many fans of the heavy that have joined and become a welcome member of the community in the last few years. JamieS, Ethrivas, Zed, Slayergeek, Godflesh to name a few off the top of my head. If you could provide examples of "newer people that have been shut down and haven't returned" I'd love to know who they were because that would be a horrible thing if it were true :(

So yeah I stand by what I said - that the wishlists compiled consist of a massively broad and diverse sampling of the 70K community across all walks of life, 'veteran status', musical tastes, etc.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 pm
    jDismember
    OOOPS TYPO :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:34 pm

I think the forum is in a "healthy" status. I wish more users would join us, but it seems like it's not so popular nowadays. The Facebook page bores me sometimes, mainly because lots of goofy stuff get posted. I feel a "seriousness" in this forum I quite enjoy. I am of the new generation users (n00bs) and my only complain is that I wish we had more people
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:35 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 pm
    jDismember
    OOOPS TYPO :P
    Typo Negative?
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:34 pm I think the forum is in a "healthy" status. I wish more users would join us, but it seems like it's not so popular nowadays. The Facebook page bores me sometimes, mainly because lots of goofy stuff get posted. I feel a "seriousness" in this forum I quite enjoy. I am of the new generation users (n00bs) and my only complain is that I wish we had more people
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:00 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:34 pm I think the forum is in a "healthy" status. I wish more users would join us, but it seems like it's not so popular nowadays. The Facebook page bores me sometimes, mainly because lots of goofy stuff get posted. I feel a "seriousness" in this forum I quite enjoy. I am of the new generation users (n00bs) and my only complain is that I wish we had more people
    I agree, and I kind of like it. The people I can "talk metal" with IRL I don't get to see all that often. The forum lets me nerd out, without the interruption of memes.

Also, I'd argue that the more active users on the forum have a broad taste in metal rather than just easily fitting in the "br00tal" or "weenie" categories. I think the problem is that a lot of us are into obscure shit, which means it's harder for us to converge on a band :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:43 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:00 pm without the interruption of memes.
  • SuviS
    Wiper

by SuviS » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:24 pm

Wishlist:
    Amon Amarth
    Sabaton
    In Flames
    Pain
    King Diamond
    Korpiklaani
    Amorphis
    Ensiferum
    Turisas
  • MCO
    Wiper

by MCO » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:49 am

Alestorm
    Amorphis
    Allegaeon
    Dark Tranquillity
    Pain
    Turmion Kätilöt
    Iron Reagan
    The Haunted
    At the Gates
    Children of Bodom
    Mustasch
    Sparzanza
    Fear Factory
    :death:
    Last edited by MCO on Sat May 11, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    :shred:
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 am

Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:00 pmI think the problem is that a lot of us are into obscure shit, which means it's harder for us to converge on a band :P
    +1
    I find wishlists very resourceful tho. I check wishlists of those having similar bands with mine and listen to the ones i haven't heard of.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:52 am

Ethrivas wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 am
    Phoenix wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:00 pmI think the problem is that a lot of us are into obscure shit, which means it's harder for us to converge on a band :P
    +1
    I find wishlists very resourceful tho. I check wishlists of those having similar bands with mine and listen to the ones i haven't heard of.
    Me too! Definitely had multiple that I've checked out like that for the same reason (or because I've liked the name haha). And likewise I had multiple people on the boat this year come up to me and say 'hey I checked out XXXX because they were on your wishlist. They're awesome!" which was really cool :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • CitizenChip
    Wiper

by CitizenChip » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:50 am

The Agonist
    Almanac
    Amaranthe
    Amon Amarth
    Amorphis
    Arch Enemy
    Asenblut
    Astral Doors
    Bleed From Within
    Blind Guardian
    The Charm The Fury
    Crystal Viper
    Decapitated
    Deicide
    Devilment
    Dream Evil
    Dying Fetus
    Ektomorf
    Eternal Champion
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Goatwhore
    Gojira
    GRAI
    Helion Prime
    Helker
    Iced Earth
    In Flames
    Jinjer
    Lacuna Coil
    Manticora
    Mercenary
    Meshuggah
    Metal Church
    Once Human
    Orden Ogan
    Portrait
    Queensryche
    Skinless
    Soilwork
    Soulfly
    Striker
    Symphony X
    Thyrfing
    Within Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:39 am

Ethrivas wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 am
    +1
    Yeah! There are definitely bands I've discovered because of other people on the forum, it's awesome. It helps keep my taste fresh.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 708 posts